IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,633 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 233.
#5501 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Already have a pachislot, bro. ThunderV2.

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#5502 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

No, no--I am serious, I really want some tips! How do I rack up a decent Portal score? Last time I was so surprised to actually get to Portal I had no idea of what to do...and the balls couldn't get back into the rack fast enough.

I always take off the glass.
Seems to help a ton.
Can't say why...

#5503 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

No, no--I am serious, I really want some tips! How do I rack up a decent Portal score? Last time I was so surprised to actually get to Portal I had no idea of what to do...and the balls couldn't get back into the rack fast enough.

Funny thing is, I almost did it the other day. I've always considered it a pretty unlikely completion, so never set out to do it. With that said, if you get into Portal, you have to make a lot of good shots right off the bat, because you have your ball saver. Once that is gone, you have to trap a ball on a flipper and make do with shots like that- I wouldn't have been able to do so without doing this. Keeping in mind also, that every what, 4 or 5 major shots in the same shot row adds a ball. The shots that will hang you up with be Gem and the one between the pops. I had gotten lucky and popped 3 -4 gem shots while in the beginning stages of Portal with several balls in play.

When I made the final shot, it was a quorra, and it's harder to hit when that wall is down. I had one trapped, and I tried a good 2-3 times before I smack it through, from there i took the trapped ball on the left flipper and sent it into the disk for the 25 million super, it was a great feeling.

#5504 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Funny thing is, I almost did it the other day. I've always considered it a pretty unlikely completion, so never set out to do it. With that said, if you get into Portal, you have to make a lot of good shots right off the bat, because you have your ball saver. Once that is gone, you have to trap a ball on a flipper and make do with shots like that- I wouldn't have been able to do so without doing this. Keeping in mind also, that every what, 4 or 5 major shots in the same shot row adds a ball. The shots that will hang you up with be Gem and the one between the pops. I had gotten lucky and popped 3 -4 gem shots while in the beginning stages of Portal with several balls in play.

When I made the final shot, it was a quorra, and it's harder to hit when that wall is down. I had one trapped, and I tried a good 2-3 times before I smack it through, from there i took the trapped ball on the left flipper and sent it into the disk for the 25 million super, it was a great feeling.

#5505 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Quoted from Billy16:

#5506 8 years ago

Look at that, trio posting? wtf...

I guess Tron is too excited to not share the story 3 times...

#5507 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Seems to help a ton.
Can't say why...

I had proposed cutting a nice round hole above the gem switch so I could get my fingers in there....I think Flank was ok with it, but thought it was a little weird....

#5508 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I think I had this down at two posts, but you never can be too sure...so good thing for the third. Thanks for the tips!

Quoted from labnip:

Seems to help a ton.
Can't say why...

I'm way ahead of the curve on this one, I read this was the way to score big and I took the glass of all my games. I still can't score good, so I am dubious of this suggestion.

On the plus side, last week one ball had so much spin on it coming off the disk it jumped clean off the table and hit lil' Billy17 right in the chops--dropped him like a sack of rocks. After he woke up he can now speak 8 foreign languages, so I guess it does work OK for some things...

#5509 8 years ago

Dupe

#5510 8 years ago

Got a new disc topper for Tron

And, it's NIB !!!
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#5511 8 years ago

Screen_Shot_2016-03-15_at_11.42.27_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-15_at_11.42.27_PM_(resized).png

#5512 8 years ago

Ohh nuts

#5513 8 years ago

shit double post

#5514 8 years ago

what thread is that one from ???

p.s. I got the Rails

#5516 8 years ago

does anyone know how to install these target splints? I just bought a pair b/c the targets that are under the regulator kept on moving. Came with two large target splints...

http://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

#5517 8 years ago

You have to take the screws out of the brown "paper" stack or whatever they are made of (then remove the tape) and put the splint over the target and wedge it down into the splint.

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202025015-Stern-Stand-Up-Target-Splints

#5518 8 years ago

Centerflank,
I just received my Tron Legacy Rails and hinges. They arrived in perfect shape with absolutely no damage at all.

You did an absolutely outstanding job packaging these.

Thanks once again for all your help and efforts in putting together a group purchase for all us fellow Tron owners.
I really appreciate it.

If your ever in my neck of the woods ,
Let me know. You are welcome to stop by for a few of your favorite libations. On the house of course.

Cheers!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5519 8 years ago
Quoted from S3G:

Centerflank,
I just received my Tron Legacy Rails and hinges. They arrived in perfect shape with no absolutely no damage at all.
Thanks once again for all your help and efforts in putting together a group purchase for all us fellow Tron owners.
I really appreciate it.
Let me know. You are welcome to stop by for a few of your favorite libations. On the house of course.
Cheers!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Thanks and you are very welcome! I could hang out in that bar all week!

That stern box is such nice thick cardboard, perfect for shipping something you don't want getting bent......oh I hope I didn't jinx anything

#5520 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You have to take the screws out of the brown "paper" stack or whatever they are made of (then remove the tape) and put the splint over the target and wedge it down into the splint.
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202025015-Stern-Stand-Up-Target-Splints

thanks - much appreciated!

Well I installed my blue DMD on my tron (had to - anything else would be crazy) however my stock stern DMD was a 4 pin power where this xpin is 7 pin. I can't seem to find a 7 prong in the area. Is this something i need to buy separately or am I just missing something?

#5521 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks - much appreciated!
Well I installed my blue DMD on my tron (had to - anything else would be crazy) however my stock stern DMD was a 4 pin power where this xpin is 7 pin. I can't seem to find a 7 prong in the area. Is this something i need to buy separately or am I just missing something?

Earlier TRON runs had high voltage displays and the later runs (2girls one grid) had low voltage, so yes, you might need to bypass the hi voltage.

It will blow your new display if you don't hook it up properly.

#5522 8 years ago

ok def want to avoid blowing my new display. This is the 3rd run I believe (CLU translite came with it). I don't want to second guess so if you know how to do that, lmk. Sounds like I can still use the 4 prong connection and just need to bypass high voltage?

#5523 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

ok def want to avoid blowing my new display. This is the 3rd run I believe (CLU translite came with it). I don't want to second guess so if you know how to do that, lmk. Sounds like I can still use the 4 prong connection and just need to bypass high voltage?

I'm not sure how to exactly do it, I had a low voltage version so it was an easy swap for me.

PBL used to have some pics when you clicked on the blue display on their website, not sure if it's on there anymore.....maybe try the X-pin website.

If you bought from Rob Anthony he would know too and is much smarter than I am with board tech Q's like this

#5524 8 years ago

OK - I will follow-up. Thanks for the warning and quick response!

#5525 8 years ago
Quoted from S3G:

Centerflank,
I just received my Tron Legacy Rails and hinges. They arrived in perfect shape with absolutely no damage at all.
I really appreciate it.
Cheers!
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Shit man, you got them painted that fast???

#5526 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Shit man, you got them painted that fast???

No, I shipped them like that, it was the box marked B(lack), the rest of you got R(aw) boxes. He requested they be done in black wrinkle powder by the dude who made them.

#5527 8 years ago

Man they look great!

#5528 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Man they look great!

I think so too. They match the finish on the stock Stern lock down bar and legs really good. Im very happy with how they turned out.

#5529 8 years ago

TRON will be on its way to TPF tomorrow.
Cleaned up with new clear rubber, flippers rebuilt and a fresh coat of wax.
I suck at taking pictures so please forgive me for the purple look. Its nice and blue in person
So what do you guys think leave in the 3D translite or go with the girls?
The game has a ton of mods...like most TRONs. I am going to put a price on it but really only want to sell if I get top dollar.
I am thinking 7K+
Really are not many games I would want to replace it.

20160316_222719_resized_(resized).jpg20160316_222719_resized_(resized).jpg

#5530 8 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

TRON will be on its way to TPF tomorrow.
Cleaned up with new clear rubber, flippers rebuilt and a fresh coat of wax.
I suck at taking pictures so please forgive me for the purple look. Its nice and blue in person
So what do you guys think leave in the 3D translite or go with the girls?
The game has a ton of mods...like most TRONs. I am going to put a price on it but really only want to sell if I get top dollar.
I am thinking 7K+
Really are not many games I would want to replace it.

20160316_222719_resized_(resized).jpg

Girls translite and 8.5k would seem reasonable for a sale price

#5531 8 years ago

so would 9.7k OBO

#5532 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

so would 9.7k OBO

If you guys see AOD down there tell it to shut its mouth, I know it enjoyed my naughty parts.

#5533 8 years ago

Guys - is that FLYNNs sign still available for purchase? Can't seem to find it....

#5534 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - is that FLYNNs sign still available for purchase? Can't seem to find it....

Used to be through Mike @ DKpinball....good guy....think he is selling his stuff through Mezel or PBL now....not sure if he's still making the FLYNN sign or not.....

#5535 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Used to be through Mike @ DKpinball....good guy....think he is selling his stuff through Mezel or PBL now....not sure if he's still making the FLYNN sign or not.....

Nope, he isn't making much anymore, semi-retired from the mod making.

#5536 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nope, he isn't making much anymore, semi-retired from the mod making.

That's what I thought......

#5537 8 years ago

That's too bad. Not really sold on its looks but now that I own one, that Flynn sign would really be helpful to see when that arcade is lit without having to look at the insert.

hmmm mods with actuals gameplay benefits? wow...

#5538 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's too bad. Not really sold on its looks but now that I own one, that Flynn sign would really be helpful to see when that arcade is lit without having to look at the insert.

The best way to tie in all the mods is with a pig 1 or 2 but unfortunately Mike isn't making those anymore or at least anytime soon...... My Flynn sign is just lit up all the time.

I just had to add an 8 way splitter to my pig 1 as I have run low on room to add lighting mods.

#5539 8 years ago

Just set up Tron LE from hasselcastle at TPF with ColorDMD.

It's got a pimped coin door & legs as well. Will post some pix meñana.

#5540 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hmmm....trying to figure out if you like the game or not......

#5541 8 years ago

I'm def into the game. It has to be one of the nicest looking pins I've seen (love the design, colored wires, ramps, all the blue, etc). Music and especially sound effects are also top tier quality. Not a fan of the movie though and don't have nostalgia for the old tron game as I didn't grow up with it however they really made this into a nice package. Once my blue DMD arrives, it will be in full effect. I plan on getting an addams family too and then it will be time to decide which one do I sell (TAF and Tron) to make room for GB. I can only have 2! Wife's only request ; )

#5542 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

One way to do this is to use the Comet Pinball Matrix system to duplicate the insert. For example, use the 1SMD Quick Connect on the Flynn insert, then use the new socket to light up a 3SMD strip. Mount the 3SMD under your scoop. Now, when the Flynn insert is lit, your scoop will be illuminated.

It's not my idea, but the Comet Pinball Matrix stuff makes it really easy to do this.

#5543 8 years ago

I don't know if my problem is me just not nailing my shots or some kind of setup issue, but I played for half an hour yesterday and was bricking 90% of my shots to Quorra (where it does that bounce back and forth between the ramp on the left and the recognizer post). It seems like I just wasn't in the zone, but has anyone had a problem like this with their machine that DID actually end up being some kind of issue with a fix?

#5544 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm def into the game. It has to be one of the nicest looking pins I've seen (love the design, colored wires, ramps, all the blue, etc). Music and especially sound effects are also top tier quality. Not a fan of the movie though and don't have nostalgia for the old tron game as I didn't grow up with it however they really made this into a nice package. Once my blue DMD arrives, it will be in full effect. I plan on getting an addams family too and then it will be time to decide which one do I sell (TAF and Tron) to make room for GB. I can only have 2! Wife's only request ; )

Get a new wife or just another one that lets you set up a bunch of pins at her house

#5545 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hmmm again...how can you be sure GB is a keeper? TRON senses kicking in here.....(I have a TAF, too).....

#5546 8 years ago

TRON much more than a "pretty game"...just sayin'.......

#5547 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

bricking 90% of my shots to Quorra

Check the "U" target and you will probably find it leaning to the right and blocking a clean shot to Quorra. Loosen, straighten and tighten it back down and you should be good to go.

#5548 8 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Check the "U" target and you will probably find it leaning to the right and blocking a clean shot to Quorra. Loosen, straighten and tighten it back down and you should be good to go.

Yup

#5549 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

TRON much more than a "pretty game"...just sayin'.......

I'm not saying Tron is just a pretty game. It has a lot of good shots and I love the ramps. I have no idea if GB is a keeper but to get it in the house, 1 will need to go. I need to get a TAF first to decided which would leave to get GB in there.

#5550 8 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I was looking at it and it seems like this could be the only thing throwing it off, so I'll definitely be having a look at that. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,633 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.