(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,057 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by jp335i
  • Topic is favorited by 135 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg
Tron-Legacy-WallPaper-tron-legacy-24853362-1919-826 (resized).png

There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 182.
#5451 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Oh that is impressive

I hope these sexy rail pics are suitable for your spank bank. Available in the standard Pro or the upgraded LEttered boxes

RIP Walking Dead box, kids were using it as their fart box.

My

Balls

Are

Itchy

#5452 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - my tron says to install 4 balls but there are only three switches in the ball holder so I've only installed 3. Is mine missing a switch? If someone wouldn't mind taking a pic of your ball holder so I can compare to mine. Seems like mine only has 3 switches (where the balls rest while not in play)....
EDIT - manual says there are only 3 so I guess mine is fine. 4 in and all is good.

4 balls in mine. Install 4 ball sticker too.

#5453 3 years ago

Anyone else. I am not sold on needing a Color DMD for TRON. I know this has been asked before, but I kinda would like just the Blue DMD.

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Anyone else. I am not sold on needing a Color DMD for TRON. I know this has been asked before, but I kinda would like just the Blue DMD.

I was looking into the color dmd too and decided to go with blue considering the color dmd is basically blue anyway (main color at least). Didn't seem worth it considering the cost brand new

#5455 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - my tron says to install 4 balls but there are only three switches in the ball holder so I've only installed 3. Is mine missing a switch? If someone wouldn't mind taking a pic of your ball holder so I can compare to mine. Seems like mine only has 3 switches (where the balls rest while not in play)....
EDIT - manual says there are only 3 so I guess mine is fine. 4 in and all is good.

The fourth switch is an opto. It's the green PCB at the shooter lane end. The ball breaks the beam to activate the switch.
And a Tronly reminder to be real careful when finding your own reasons to override the instructions. You don't want Quorra to have to intervene and save your ass from the grid. Or maybe you do...

#5456 3 years ago

Have a Blue XPin in mine. I like it enough not to upgrade to the Color DMD.

#5457 3 years ago

Have a Blue XPin in mine. I like it enough not to upgrade to the Color DMD.

#5458 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The fourth switch is an opto. It's the green PCB at the shooter lane end. The ball breaks the beam to activate the switch.
And a Tronly reminder to be real careful finding your own reasons to override the instructions. You don't want Quorra to have to intervene and save your ass from the grid. Or maybe you do...

ha - thanks. This one ended up being user error on my part. Optos were fine all along - although I did have that issue with my LOTR. Easy fix though.

btw - the knocker on this game is terrible. Had to turn that off right away. Forget waterboarding - play that knocker sound and it will get the information out.

#5459 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was looking into the color dmd too and decided to go with blue considering the color dmd is basically blue anyway (main color at least). Didn't seem worth it considering the cost brand new

Meh....personal choice.....I like the subtle color on the colordmd ...ALOT.....and Stern's electronic knocker sounds like shit on all their machines, not just TRON.....wire up the mechanical version....

#5460 3 years ago

Gonna get my drink on tonight

image_(resized).jpg

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Meh....personal choice.....I like the subtle color on the colordmd ...ALOT.....and Stern's electronic knocker sounds like shit on all their machines, not just TRON.....wire up the mechanical version....

yeah - i'm sure it's not just tron. As for the color dmd - def matter of opinion. Can't go wrong with either.

#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Gonna get my drink on tonight
image_(resized).jpg

I'm not familiar w that one, but served w TRON.....can't be bad......

#5463 3 years ago

We should all be ashamed for not remembering Quorra's birthday Thursday! Or whatever just appreciate this pic anyway!

image_(resized).jpeg

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Looks like a Fizzy Beer. Maybe a Fresca meets Hops!

#5465 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

We should all be ashamed for not remembering Quorra's birthday Thursday! Or whatever just appreciate this pic anyway!

image_(resized).jpeg

Ahh....that happy feeling again....

#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

it's a Fallout 4 promo drink.... straight from the wasteland

#5467 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think I would go with the colorDMD, you can always set that to blue only. So you can play around, I think it is just more versatile...but there is a higher price.

#5468 3 years ago

I think your right about that PeterG. I am weighing my options and the full color is only $120 more. Might as well have full color as I may change my mind in future

#5469 3 years ago

I think your right about that PeterG. I am weighing my options and the full color is only $120 more. Might as well have full color as I may change my mind in future

... and you get the 6 different colorDMD modes to play around with - scanlines, dots xp, hi res.....

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

... and you get the 6 different colorDMD modes to play around with - scanlines, dots xp, hi res.....

I have a TOTAN Color DMD. Is there any tutorials on how to mess with all that stuff. I haven't had much free time. I got it installed and have just left it stock dots. Would like to see smoothing and what not on that.

I think if Borygurd dropped his price down to $200 it would just do the Blue, but at $280 its hard not to say F it and just do $400 for the full color.

#5471 3 years ago

you can probably find a used blue one for 200.....

#5472 3 years ago

guys with pros and shakers - I just installed mine and it feels like the shaker is not working all the time. Some shots like slings and targets will trigger shaker but then some balls, I get nothing. Tested the shaker out in the coil menu and it works perfectly fine. Is this normal?

I'm on the latest code and shaker is set to max.

#5473 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys with pros and shakers - I just installed mine and it feels like the shaker is not working all the time. Some shots like slings and targets will trigger shaker but then some balls, I get nothing. Tested the shaker out in the coil menu and it works perfectly fine. Is this normal?

It's most active during ZUSE fast scoring. Like crazy active. It's not supposed to be on ALL the time, that defeats the purpose.

#5474 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm on the latest code and shaker is set to max.

Mine seems to go off to a varying degree on all major hits. I've never thought this isn't shaking enough. Ill play a few rounds and let you know what mine does.

#5475 3 years ago

Thanks guys - sounds like the machine does not do it inconsistently (besides fast scoring). Never owned a stern with a shaker so just double checking it wasn't me!

I can totally see how modding this thing can get addicting! Just bought the speed arrow plastics that go on the bottom of the clear ramps (thought they were standard - guess not) and the sticker for the top of that targets that rise and drop.

Frax - great job on that mod which lights up the dropping targets. Haven't bought it yet but thinking about it!

Noticed the disc spinner makes noise - seems like that's normal too.

#5476 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Frax - great job on that mod which lights up the dropping targets. Haven't bought it yet but thinking about it!

Thanks, I appreciate it. 'Prototype' was in the game I just sold...holding up strong!

#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can totally see how modding this thing can get addicting!

Understatement of year! Welcome to the club!

#5478 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Thanks, I appreciate it. 'Prototype' was in the game I just sold...holding up strong!

sells tron
bails on TPF
goes to vegas
starts collecting slot machines

#5479 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can totally see how modding this thing can get addicting!

Understatement of year! Welcome to the club!

Haha. True.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-cracked-the-1k-tron-mod-spend

#5480 3 years ago

I stopped pricing the mods when I hit 3.5k

#5481 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Agreed.....but we NEED the mods, so they shouldn't count anyway...

#5482 3 years ago

Haven't owned it for long but by far (IMO) the ELI light mod on the pro is the #1 mod hands down. What a diff.

#5483 3 years ago

All the TRON rails were shipped today, whew!!!

Monkey off the back for me on that one. I had hoped to get those out just after new years but timing didn't allow. 4 more TRON's will be magical soon.

Enjoy Dudes!

#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I keep telling myself I am done! I just need speaker upgrade kit, TRON Pop Caps, (install the rails that Flank just sent), install the under the cab lighting I have, Installed the dark mirror blades and I am done! Don't need light cycles or Flynn's arcade. everything else though was a must for me.......on shit and that Color DMD ughh...

#5485 3 years ago

I keep telling myself I am done! I just need speaker upgrade kit, TRON Pop Caps, (install the rails that Flank just sent), install the under the cab lighting I have, Installed the dark mirror blades and I am done! Don't need light cycles or Flynn's arcade. everything else though was a must for me.......on shit and that Color DMD ughh...

Sorry.....you are never done.....I've been saying that for 2 years w this machine.....Id name some other must haves, but would only depress you....carry on!!!...

#5486 3 years ago

I want a translucent glowing pingulp. Someone make that happen and become richer than astronauts! Until then I'm done

#5487 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I want a translucent glowing pingulp. Someone make that happen and become richer than astronauts! Until then I'm done

With embedded cooling unit to keep all beverages precisely cold enough ( whatever that is)....then I'm done ( maybe)..

#5488 3 years ago

Welcome to crackville

#5489 3 years ago

I have a TOTAN Color DMD. Is there any tutorials on how to mess with all that stuff. I haven't had much free time. I got it installed and have just left it stock dots. Would like to see smoothing and what not on that.
I think if Borygurd dropped his price down to $200 it would just do the Blue, but at $280 its hard not to say F it and just do $400 for the full color.

Tutorial for the colordmds? Sure on the colordmds site there is a faq. Simple 4 buttons on the top,of the lcd. Left button starts the menu and button 3 and 4 will toggle options. Button 3 to save it at the end. No rebooting necessary as soon as you leave the menu the new display options are active.

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Tutorial for the colordmds? Sure on the colordmds site there is a faq. Simple 4 buttons on the top,of the lcd. Left button starts the menu and button 3 and 4 will toggle options. Button 3 to save it at the end. No rebooting necessary as soon as you leave the menu the new display options are active.

Honestly In my TOTAN I got it running and it took a while b/c of some stupid shit (i changed out the WPC-95 A/V board and I never hooked it back up on the AV Board side) I was frustrated, the colored Dots looked fine to me and I never looked at it again.

I just meant, What all can these things do? I didn't even know they had other options on them.

Quoted from delt31:Thanks guys - sounds like the machine does not do it inconsistently (besides fast scoring). Never owned a stern with a shaker so just double checking it wasn't me!
I can totally see how modding this thing can get addicting! Just bought the speed arrow plastics that go on the bottom of the clear ramps (thought they were standard - guess not) and the sticker for the top of that targets that rise and drop.
Noticed the disc spinner makes noise - seems like that's normal too.

Oh and I guess the shaker isn't going crazy the whole time. I played about 10 games trying to figure out what causes it to shake and I have no Fing Clue. Seems like it shakes with the coils, with the TRON Targets, with the modes? Feels good enough to me on mine, If I needed a Vibrator for more stimulation than what this give me I'd ask my Wife

#5491 3 years ago

Seems like it shakes with the coils, with the TRON Targets, with the modes? Feels good enough to me on mine, If I needed a Vibrator for more stimulation than what this give me I'd ask my Wife

We've had the " vibrate vs shake" discussion just a bit back in this thread......I got nailed for asking, but yes, you are correct in your assessment ....

#5492 3 years ago

Done something I've never done before on this game tonight, beat the game/completed Portal Multiball. Super Jackpot was 25 million plus, every shot on the game then is 1 million points.

Strangely I was missing the gem but had everything else going into SOS, so no 50 million bonus. I then had a really good multiball in Portal and completed it. My high score on one I owned previously was low 400 million.

" I've heard the chatter! "

12523890_10153949219598529_4757887147899592794_n_(resized).jpg

#5493 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Done something I've never done before on this game tonight, beat the game/completed Portal Multiball. Super Jackpot was 25 million plus, every shot on the game then is 1 million points.
Strangely I was missing the gem but had everything else going into SOS, so no 50 million bonus. I then had a really good multiball in Portal and completed it. My high score on one I owned previously was low 400 million.

Do you have the clear disc or the stock black? Curious......Great score either way! Well done!

#5494 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Do you have the clear disc or the stock black? Curious......Great score either way! Well done!

Thanks,
rockin' the stock black.

#5495 3 years ago

BTW, what is the highest people have gotten the end of line up to? I had it up to 9 million cashing in,

the value seems to go away on the same ball sometimes though, not sure what causes this.

#5496 3 years ago

Soliciting advice on Portal strategy (should I ever get there again). Your hot tips appreciated...

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Soliciting advice on Portal strategy (should I ever get there again). Your hot tips appreciated...

Hot lips ?

#5498 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

sells tron
bails on TPF
goes to vegas
starts collecting slot machines

Already have a pachislot, bro. ThunderV2.

#5499 3 years ago

No, no--I am serious, I really want some tips! How do I rack up a decent Portal score? Last time I was so surprised to actually get to Portal I had no idea of what to do...and the balls couldn't get back into the rack fast enough.

#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Amazing score!!!!! I don't think I can post here anymore (hiding in shame)......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 9057 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside