tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 233.
#5301 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Last drink must be poured before 4am.

Knew I could get the truth here......I can drink more JD than Jäger with minimal next day damage, so probably end with that...does beer even count? I don't think so...

#5302 8 years ago

Back on topic....flashing star posts look badass....Ill try to shoot some vid of my TZ going off w them....problem is...they look really cool, but kind of a pita to install...once you see them, you will want them in all your games....I'm way too lazy, although TRON would be a great candidate...

#5303 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Knew I could get the truth here......I can drink more JD than Jäger with minimal next day damage, so probably end with that...does beer even count? I don't think so...

Back off Topic.

Beer counts if its good beer. I need some Bourbon Bock.......or some Optimator.

optimator_lg_(resized).pngoptimator_lg_(resized).png

#5304 8 years ago

Staying off topic....I've never had that, but looks good....I just drink Heineken....does that count, or can I add as many as I want to the brown stuff?

#5305 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Staying off topic....I've never had that, but looks good....I just drink Heineken....does that count, or can I add as many as I want to the brown stuff?

No Heineken, if you have never had optimator before, I highly recommend grabbing a 6er and give it a whirl, it's amazing! Don't drink it too cold though.
I'll grab one on the way home, we can drink em up!

#5306 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No Heineken, if you have never had optimator before, I highly recommend grabbing a 6er and give it a whirl, it's amazing! Don't drink it too cold though.
I'll grab one on the way home, we can drink em up!

Ok, but I'm already 2 in front of you.......

#5307 8 years ago
#5308 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok, but I'm already 2 in front of you.......

I meant tomorrow! Just some cheap vodka for me tonight.

#5309 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I meant tomorrow! Just some cheap vodka for me tonight.

Whew!!!....no way in hell I was going to go back out tonight....Ill finish the Heineken tonight, and pickup Optimator for tomorrow...

#5310 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whew!!!....no way in hell I was going to go back out tonight....Ill finish the Heineken tonight, and pickup optimal for tomorrow...

Ok but don't ask for optimal when you go in the store they will look at you funny.

Edit---or optima mortal lol! Or Optimus prime

#5311 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ok but don't ask for optimal when you go in the store they will look at you funny.

Fixed....jäger already starting to set in.....

#5312 8 years ago

On a tron pro, what is the trick or technique to hit the gem shot off the right flipper? I read people bank it off the stand ups?

#5313 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

On a tron pro, what is the trick or technique to hit the gem shot off the right flipper? I read people bank it off the stand ups?

What kinda alcoholic beverage are you drinking?

#5314 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That is as good a way as any to make that shot, I aim for it all the time.

#5315 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That is as good a way as any to make that shot, I aim for it all the time.

Wait wait wait justa sec....
We're supposed to be aiming at stuff ?!?

#5316 8 years ago

I just close my eyes and use THE FORCE

Quoted from northvibe:

#5317 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I just close my eyes and use THE FORCE

Hell yeah man!

Star_Wars_1_Fan_Enterprise_2918_10_(resized).jpgStar_Wars_1_Fan_Enterprise_2918_10_(resized).jpg

#5318 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Wait wait wait justa sec....
We're supposed to be aiming at stuff ?!?

Funny you should say that, I was thinking I actually scored better when I wasn't aiming at stuff...

#5319 8 years ago

Well that is a good question, the GEM shot for me is the hardest, on a Tron LE what would be the strategy.
I shoot the Quorra lane, ensure the bank is down, and aim in that direction, sometimes I succeed, most of the time not. Are there other options as shooting the bank is not working with drop down targets?
I am talking about real shots not strange things that happen like the disc flies the ball out with so much spin that it end up in the Gem lane or tapping Gem with an ball from the schooter lane.

#5320 8 years ago

I am fairly new to the Tron lovefest. Had a ripper of a game yesterday and topped hundred million.
Most will know what I mean when I say I was in the zone and knew it was a great game but really had no idea what i was doing.

#5321 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Well that is a good question, the GEM shot for me is the hardest, on a Tron LE what would be the strategy.
I shoot the Quorra lane, ensure the bank is down, and aim in that direction, sometimes I succeed, most of the time not. Are there other options as shooting the bank is not working with drop down targets?
I am talking about real shots not strange things that happen like the disc flies the ball out with so much spin that it end up in the Gem lane or tapping Gem with an ball from the schooter lane.

I've tried to get gem via the shooter lane. Hard shot.

In another thread people were talking about banking it off the left side stand ups, drops on the LE, and hitting gem from that.

I try to hit gem via the upper flipper but it is not consistent. Also banking it off targets or stand ups even the upper flipper from the right flipper, but again I cannot replicate :/

#5322 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

In another thread people were talking about banking it off the left side stand ups, drops on the LE, and hitting gem from that.
I try to hit gem via the upper flipper but it is not consistent. Also banking it off targets or stand ups even the upper flipper from the right flipper, but again I cannot replicate :/

Backspin off the clear disc rubber gives me quite a few Gem shots :>

#5323 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The ball feeds into the right lane, I wait till ball almost at tip (in baseball it would be pushing the ball or going opposite field) then try to hit the O-N. After a while you get the hang of it. This group taught me to do it and I had it down rather quickly. Good Luck. and Like Flank said, depends on what your drinking.....

#5324 8 years ago

Who's ready?

IMG_1158_(resized).jpgIMG_1158_(resized).jpg

#5325 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who's ready?
image_(resized).jpeg

Sh#t just got real...

#5326 8 years ago

I can't take credit for this, but elsewhere, I learned the following method to hit Gem:
1) Aim for the Quorra lane
2) As the ball loops around to the upper flipper, shake the machine to get the ball off the left lane guide.
3) With the ball off the lane guide, it becomes easier to let the ball come to the tip of the upper flipper (in order to get a better angle at the Gem lane). In other words, with the ball hugging the lane guide, a shot off the tip of the flipper would normally go to the side ramp, but with the ball away from the lane guide, a shot off the tip of the flipper can go to the Gem lane.

Certainly, having the Recognizer target bank down is a significant help, which can be done by:
A) Knocking down the target bank
B) Starting Quorra, then knocking the target bank repeatedly until it adds the fourth ball. I like this option because the Gem shot is needed to collect the super jackpot in Quorra anyway, so you might as well try to get Quorra and Gem at the same time. This second strategy is another stacking strategy that encourages the player to go for increased rewards, inevitably encouraging the drain and resulting in zero rewards. Such is the love/hate of Tron.

#5327 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hell yeah man!

Star_Wars_1_Fan_Enterprise_2918_10_(resized).jpg

awesome picture man lol...

#5328 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who's ready?
image_(resized).jpeg

Game on....got off late but my meeting went killer so I'll be finishing most of this tonight...:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#5329 8 years ago

Note the -3 frost on the jäger....

#5330 8 years ago

I'm picking up some of that Spaten tomorrow.....have more time....

#5331 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Game on....got off late but my meeting went killer so I'll be finishing most of this tonight...:

image_(resized).jpg

Good deal on the meeting, I went to the gym and napped the rest of the afternoon as I failed to return client calls. Best day ever!!!!

#5332 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good deal on the meeting, I went to the gym and napped the rest of the afternoon as I failed to return client calls. Best day ever!!!!

Nailed it.....finally, some Alien $$$, hopefully....I think the Jack is going down easier than the Jäger at this point....which will be the most help for GEM?

#5333 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nailed it.....finally, some Alien $$$, hopefully....I think the Jack is going down easier than the Jäger at this point....which will be the most help for GEM?

I hit gem with the lower left flipper just an hour ago, not sure why people thinks it's so hard to hit, Becky recommends to just shove it in her. I always listen to my wife.

#5334 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who's ready?
image_(resized).jpeg

beers not on ice...could be a tron rule violation, better add it to the club rules.

#5335 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

beers not on ice...could be a tron rule violation, better add it to the club rules.

Optimator doesn't go on ice, only shitty American beer needs ice so you can't taste it.

#5336 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I hit gem with the lower left flipper just an hour ago, not sure why people thinks it's so hard to hit, Becky recommends to just shove it in her. I always listen to my wife.

Lower left? WTH!!!....I thought you said soft plunge....I usually bank it, but by accident....

#5337 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lower left? WTH!!!....I thought you said soft plunge....I usually bank it, but by accident....

Yes indeed! Must have had some wicked spin coming of the disc, I don't really know how it happened but it did.

I dub checked Spaten is best served in the 45-50F range

#5338 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yes indeed! Must have had some wicked spin coming of the disc, I don't really know how it happened but it did.

Well, the Heineken is gone, so I'll be in the Spaten club tomorrow....counting on the disc to get some GEM action....

#5339 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So chilled and then poured into room temperature glass....

#5340 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

So chilled and then poured into room temperature glass....

Its ~55F~ in my basement so all good.....what kind of fancy beer drinking you do? In a glass? WTF?

#5341 8 years ago

Grand Marnier strait up.....55 degrees

14574041725991721901822_(resized).jpg14574041725991721901822_(resized).jpg

#5342 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Grand Marnier strait up.....55 degrees
14574041725991721901822_(resized).jpg

That's for the win....Jack and I battling TRONLE right now...I'm dizzy, but believe it will make the GEM shots easier...

#5343 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its ~55F~ in my basement so all good.....what kind of fancy beer drinking you do? In a glass? WTF?

Beer in a glass?WTF? Instant club ejection, in my book, but your rules....

#5344 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Beer in a glass?WTF? Instant club ejection, in my book, but your rules....

Sorry, 4 tap kegerator....can't afford bottles, red solo cup just doesn't cut it.

IMG_20140415_173441_(resized).jpgIMG_20140415_173441_(resized).jpg

#5345 8 years ago

Authentic TrilogyBeer etched glass is the only approved drinking device.

TRONogy BeerTRONogy Beer

#5346 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Sorry, 4 tap kegerator....can't afford bottles, red solo cup just doesn't cut it.

Dude..Where's TRON?

#5347 8 years ago

F it... I can't let you guys drink alone on a Monday night. Opening up "the Cabinet" then going to Tron. Oscar Mike. IMG_00004023.jpgIMG_00004023.jpg

#5348 8 years ago

Whew...the Jack and Jäger hitting pretty good.....not sure if my scores are good, but don't really care at this point.....must finish the whisky!!!

#5349 8 years ago

Just posted on IM thread to clear my head....does that bar me from the club tonight? Hope not.....felt like I had to....

#5350 8 years ago

Any of you TRON faithful going to TPF next week? Send me a PM, it concerns the AOD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.