tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 233.
#5151 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Not that many of you know me personally, but last Saturday night my Dad suffered a rupture in his brain stem and was put on life support. B/c he was an organ donor the process took a few days but He was officially pronounced dead Tuesday and I will be burying him Friday. Reason I bring this up is because he was an Organ donor and even at 77 years old, a Cold Coors light drinking bad boy motor head guy still was able to donate his liver to a 40 year old and kidneys to a 60 year old and help save 2 lives. If your not, you should think about being an organ donor. Its amazing what they can do. And you never know whom you can help save. I've been absent on here the past week and will be for a few more days while I attend to my Fathers' Funeral.

Sorry to hear about that man. FWIW I've been registered as an organ donor ever since I got my learner's permit at 15.

Should have known there was a disturbance in the Grid last night when I got to Portal on ball 1 with a score of 138 million on the same ball, which is what my final opponent did to me in the TX SCS to lead the comeback charge to bury me.

#5154 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Not that many of you know me personally, but last Saturday night my Dad suffered a rupture in his brain stem and was put on life support. B/c he was an organ donor the process took a few days but He was officially pronounced dead Tuesday and I will be burying him Friday. Reason I bring this up is because he was an Organ donor and even at 77 years old, a Cold Coors light drinking bad boy motor head guy still was able to donate his liver to a 40 year old and kidneys to a 60 year old and help save 2 lives. If your not, you should think about being an organ donor. Its amazing what they can do. And you never know whom you can help save. I've been absent on here the past week and will be for a few more days while I attend to my Fathers' Funeral.

Sorry for your loss.
Sending ( ( (( positive )) ) ) vibes your way.

#5155 8 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

That's hilarious! I love giving the D!
I've been asked a few times why my initials aren't my real initials - not that you asked - but it came from my high school years. I'd been using the acronym for Throw Your Desk for other situations. Then when I finally got on a score board, it was the first I thought to use, and it stuck, much to my mom's disapproval. She thinks I lack Carmichael pride.
Congrats on another score on the Board! It's funny on games we own and play a lot, how difficult it becomes to get our initials stamped in for a high score.
Cheers!

Haha, I love those little stories. It's hilarious that you've hit a "we've come too far to change it now" scenario, when there was never a real reason to change it except tradition. It's better than most peoples initials on here which probably have the thrilling story "well...it's the initials of my name..." hahah

#5156 8 years ago

So i just got a cointaker shaker kit. Tried to install it and for some reason its not working. Anyone have any pictures of their install? Also, when the shaker is installed properly how i can test it in game? Like what features start the shaker motor? thanks.

#5157 8 years ago

Tron ROM ColorDMD

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Smoke em if ya got em

#5158 8 years ago

Doin it up tonight for kports dad!image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5159 8 years ago

Woohoo!!! TRON ColorDMD is ready to rock! Tried to get a more interesting pic, but it's hard to catch it just at the right time. I'm curious to see how they animated the Daft Punk multiball sequence! Highly recommended so far!!

IMG_3943_(resized).jpgIMG_3943_(resized).jpg

#5161 8 years ago

What are we eating on the grid? Brownish chili?

#5162 8 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

So i just got a cointaker shaker kit. Tried to install it and for some reason its not working. Anyone have any pictures of their install? Also, when the shaker is installed properly how i can test it in game? Like what features start the shaker motor? thanks.

bueller .... bueller .... bueller

#5163 8 years ago

I have the regular Stern shaker and it goes off constantly. Maybe one of the connections isn't solid?

#5164 8 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

bueller .... bueller .... bueller

have you checked it's not disabled in the feature adjustments?

#5165 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Dinty Moore?

#5166 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

have you checked it's not disabled in the feature adjustments?

yeah i set feature adjustment #19 to maximal use. is there any other settings i need to adjust?

#5167 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's hard to afford a nice high rise ColorDMD condo on the Grid without a few bowls of [blech] tofu chili.

#5168 8 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

It's hard to afford a nice high rise ColorDMD condo on the Grid without a few bowls of [blech] tofu chili.

California huh? Here's my go to for chili....

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/70038/franks-spicy-alabama-onion-beer-chili/

#5169 8 years ago

I got a thing for Hatch green chilies but otherwise sounds pretty good! Definitely not tofu! I think I may make a pot this weekend

#5170 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I got a thing for Hatch green chilies but otherwise sounds pretty good! Definitely not tofu! I think I may make a pot this weekend

I play around with the chili combos, but that's a real good base recipe. Been using it for years.....

#5171 8 years ago

The grid is much better! IMG_3177_(resized).PNGIMG_3177_(resized).PNG

#5172 8 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

The grid is much better!

Loving it on 8bit mode here.

#5173 8 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Loving it on 8bit mode here.

Yeah, it's a great product with lots of options: dots, dotxl, tiles, scans, hires, and 8-bit. Definitively a MUST upgrade in my book. Highly recommended!

#5174 8 years ago

All this talk about chili put me in the mood. Still cooking but ain't no tofu in this. There is a bottle of beer from California though

chili_(resized).JPGchili_(resized).JPG

#5175 8 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

The grid is much better!

I'd love to have one of those. I just can't do it until I get the job situation sorted out. I did go ahead and get on the pre-order for the ES playfields. I'll live on tofu chili if I have to to make that purchase happen.

#5176 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

All this talk about chili put me in the mood. Still cooking but ain't no tofu in this. There is a bottle of beer from California though
chili_(resized).JPG

Haha I made a pot as well. Damn tronsiders! mines not as pretty so I'll skip the pic

also I made a huge kitchen mess so my wife is going to be so pissed at you guys

#5177 8 years ago

Screen_Shot_2016-02-27_at_3.25.17_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-02-27_at_3.25.17_PM_(resized).png

#5178 8 years ago

Dam* I forgot to buy a couple cans of corn. Been adding corn to it mostly cause it makes it pretty.

#5179 8 years ago

who puts Beer in their Chili?

If (yes), then which Beer(s) ?
If (no), why do you hate Tron so much?

#5180 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

who puts Beer in their Chili?
If (yes), then which Beer(s) ?

Look at my avatar and take a guess....

#5181 8 years ago

Ok well I just changed my avatar but for posterity's sake it was Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

#5182 8 years ago

in Tejas, you find a lot of this as an ingredient in many things like chili, guacamole, beer butt chicken, mouthwash, ...

Shiner-Bock-cold_(resized).jpgShiner-Bock-cold_(resized).jpg

#5183 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

in Tejas, you find a lot of this as an ingredient in many things like chili, guacamole, beer butt chicken, mouthwash, ...

I will not badmouth Shiner Bock as I have a good buddy from Texas who loves it, but to me it tastes like corn. Hmmm???

#5184 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I will not badmouth Shiner Bock as I have a good buddy from Texas who loves it, but to me it tastes like corn. Hmmm???

just like our women

#5185 8 years ago

Installed the Eli beans in my chili. Highly recommended.

#5186 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Installed the Eli beans in my chili. Highly recommended.

Do they light-up your playfield even when draining?

#5187 8 years ago

Especially when draining!

#5188 8 years ago

Had a few friends
over for a TRON party with SFII.
Had to get an adapter at the store.
IMG_00003975_(resized).jpgIMG_00003975_(resized).jpg
IMG_00003974_(resized).jpgIMG_00003974_(resized).jpg
Took care of the 2 prong adapter.
IMG_00003966_(resized).jpgIMG_00003966_(resized).jpg
Right before I installed the "Clear Germans" from CF (thanks) I had to remove my "Gem Reverse Bump Mod." It got me into Gem way too easy.

#5189 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Had a few friends
over for TRON party with SFII.
Had to get an adapter at the store.
IMG_00003975_(resized).jpg
IMG_00003974_(resized).jpg
Took care of the 2 prong adapter.
IMG_00003966_(resized).jpg
Right before I installed the "Clear Germans" from CL (thanks) I had to remove my "Gem Reverse Bump Mod." It got me into Gem way too easy.

IMG_00003975_(resized).jpg

But, did you serve Chili?

#5190 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

But, did you serve Chili?

No Chili. Only cold beverage. Chili is too high of a step.

#5191 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

No Chili. Only cold beverage. Chili is too high of a step.

TRON and chili can be a bit much, overloads the senses and tummy. Is it a good mix?

#5192 8 years ago

Anything with TRON is a good mix. Just keep it HOT.
IMG_3776_(resized).jpgIMG_3776_(resized).jpg
IMG_00001623_(resized).jpgIMG_00001623_(resized).jpg

#5193 8 years ago

Nice! I recognize those seats, tundra bro. I went with Sriracha and possibly over modded my chili.

#5194 8 years ago

For anyone who has not been seduced by chili and still loves Tron, I thought I would share my experiences with wax and the spinning disc grime.

In all cases, I started with a Novus 2 cleaning of the playfield, which cleans off the black disc grime and any previous wax.

1) Mothers California Gold carnauba paste wax helped to slow down the accumulation of spinning disc residue. However, after 1 week of play, there is noticeable build up of black residue down the center of the playfield, the in-lanes, and the orbits. Some of the residue could be removed with a cloth, but most could not be removed except by reapplying Novus 2 which requires rewaxing.
mothers_(resized).jpgmothers_(resized).jpg

2) Turtle Wax Ice liquid wax has been keeping my playfield free of grime for two weeks now. There is very little noticeable black residue. What little black residue is on the playfield is easily cleaned up by using the accompanying Turtle Wax ice spray detailer, which is claimed to also be a wax booster. Neither the wax nor the detailer will stain plastics (such as star posts) or leave behind any white dust. I have also used the detailer to clean up the Recognizer targets.
turtle-wax-ice-400_(resized).jpgturtle-wax-ice-400_(resized).jpg

I have no idea if this wax works well on cars or if this is good for keeping other pinball dirt off the playfield. But for those who prefer keeping the black spinning disc, application of Turtle Wax Ice liquid wax, followed by weekly touch-ups with Turtle Wax Ice detailer and ball cleaning has kept my playfield clean of the black spinning disc residue and kept ball speeds FAST. And faster is more bester.

#5195 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ok well I just changed my avatar but for posterity's sake it was Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

For those that know of Beer, TRON and LAMP. This place is where to be today.765004100_(resized).jpg765004100_(resized).jpg

#5196 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Anything with TRON is a good mix. Just keep it HOT.
IMG_3776_(resized).jpg
IMG_00001623_(resized).jpg

That is some fine hot sauce between your legs.....no wonder about climate change with that hot sauce.

#5197 8 years ago

BTW Paul, I love how you modded that to allow the ground plug to fit!

1b2530ccad889674fc8f2d7fb22c3b151cf002ac_(resized).jpg1b2530ccad889674fc8f2d7fb22c3b151cf002ac_(resized).jpg

You could just get one of these next time.

images_(resized).jpegimages_(resized).jpeg

#5198 8 years ago

tron-guy-plane_(resized).jpgtron-guy-plane_(resized).jpg

#5199 8 years ago

Could someone please buy my Tron so I can go to IFPA SCS Nationals? THANKS.

#5200 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Could someone please buy my Tron so I can go to IFPA SCS Nationals? THANKS.

I have a nice lamp I'd trade you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.