(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 186.
#5051 3 years ago

Lit the sling star posts tonight using Comet's Matrix setup. It's pretty great, recommend!

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Lit the sling star posts tonight using Comet's Matrix setup. It's pretty great, recommend!

Pix

#5053 3 years ago

Here you go!

chillin_(resized).jpg

#5054 3 years ago

Hmm not sure what happened there. Must be some sort of crazy pinside bug!

#5055 3 years ago

Redo:

20160218_215245_(resized).jpg

20160218_215234_(resized).jpg

#5056 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Here you go!

chillin_(resized).jpg

Is that you giving head to quorra?

#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Here you go!

chillin_(resized).jpg

Little too much blue

#5058 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Redo:

20160218_215245_(resized).jpg20160218_215234_(resized).jpg

Dang, in the pic the sling bands look like glowing el wire. Do they look like they're glowing in person too?

#5059 3 years ago

nah I just don't know wtf I'm doing with a camera/phone. The comet lights make things look better but it doesn't do that. The star posts look white/clear in those pics also, but they're obviously colored if you saw in person.

#5060 3 years ago

Darn. I thought they were glowing from the post lights

#5061 3 years ago

What's quorra holding in her right hand in that pic?

#5062 3 years ago

Shift knob, I assume!

#5063 3 years ago

Well the color display is a love it or hate it thing...good that there is a choice now. The hi-res settings are not convincing me on any Stern. The colored dots are way better, imho.
For Tron, as the world it is set in is very monochrome and blue. I think the blue display is still the way to go. Leave all the colors on the playfield with the lighting.

#5064 3 years ago

I love the colored dots, I can hardly wait... Too bad it will be a while for me, I might have to sell a game just to afford the 4 color dmds I need for the games that could use them

#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I love the colored dots, I can hardly wait... Too bad it will be a while for me, I might have to sell a game just to afford the 4 color dmds I need for the games that could use them

Sell me asteroids mini for $400, buy ColorDMD

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Man...I want to love it but I have to say it looks just....

Just remember that no video will ever do what it looks like in person justice. The color swatches are all taken from the best averages of actual colors used in the film. I, too, thought it looked too blue or whatnot at times, but every time I go to the source, it's right there.

#5067 3 years ago

I am curious about this now. Do some people actually look at the timer bars? For the bottom timer bars (double scoring, super pops, super spinners) the only one that is helpful is the double scoring bar. Not sure about the LE, but Elis ramp lighting is WHITE during double scoring, so the bar is unnecessary to me.

For the vertical bars CLU and GEM, again the ramp lighting tells me what mode is running and during stacked modes, we have the inserts and ramp lighting cues. I can honestly say the vertical timer bars are not important either. How many people actually use the timer bars?

I looked up the latest 1.74 readme for the timers. Looks like Lyman added the third timer (ZUSE), so now all 3 are present vertically.
- Fixed CLU, Gem, and Zuse timer bars on the score screen. They now all
initialize to full size when the respective mode is started and will
rescale properly when time is added over the high water mark. Bars have
been reordered to match the lights on the playfield - bottom bar is for
Gem, middle bar is for CLU, and top bar is for Zuse.

#5068 3 years ago

I never look at the timer bars. The only times I get a chance to watch the DMD are during the animations that come from hitting the scoop and match event

#5069 3 years ago

I don't always look at them, but when I get a chance to cradle the ball, I do look up and see how much time might be left. In that brief moment, I wish I knew what I was running out of time on. I have it all memorized from reading the Pinball News detailed review, but then promptly forget everything while playing.

#5070 3 years ago

just checked out the colordmd video and decided i am keeping the xpin blue dmd. the pastel like colored instructions just don't fit/work in my opinion.

#5071 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Do some people actually look at the timer bars?

I don't. Even if I had the time to glance at the DMD, deciphering it is nearly impossible. Color coding might make them usable, but I suspect I would still end up ignoring them.

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Redo:

Quoted from Erik:

Redo:

Quoted from Erik:

Redo:

Do those flippers light up or just clear and who sells them?

#5073 3 years ago

They were from Little Shop of Games I think. Sadly, they don't light up. At one point there was a discussion about light up flippers and a prototype made but it devolved into accusations of stealing designs and nothing got produced.

#5074 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

They were from Little Shop of Games I think. Sadly, they don't light up. At one point there was a discussion about light up flippers and a prototype made but it devolved into accusations of stealing designs and nothing got produced.

You could hot glue some led's up in there and run the wire to the first lamp in the in/out lane divider. Slacker!

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I never look at the timer bars. The only times I get a chance to watch the DMD are during the animations that come from hitting the scoop and match event

+1

Or the delay before Portal & SoS

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You could hot glue some led's up in there and run the wire to the first lamp in the in/out lane divider. Slacker!

I was thinking of mounting spotlights (LAMPS!) over each of them, but that's a pretty good idea!

Quoted from labnip:

Or the delay before Portal & SoS

Never seen those, but I trust they exist! Once got deep into five figures though

#5077 3 years ago

I'm happy when I have at least 1 comma in my final score

#5078 3 years ago

Shimoda should have made the commas highlighted or really bright or something for us mortals

#5079 3 years ago

Tron is a fantastic game, and I love playing it. The fact it's so good, masks it's only issue of a horrible wizard mode.
I got to Portal again last night and was reminded it is really lame; just a total let down for all that work.

#5080 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tron is a fantastic game, and I love playing it. The fact it's so good, masks it's only issue of a horrible wizard mode.
I got to Portal again last night and was reminded it is really lame; just a total let down for all that work.

I think we need a sub forum ban!

Edit- were you wearing your fancy vajazzled pinball gloves when you achieved portal?

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Just remember that no video will ever do what it looks like in person justice. The color swatches are all taken from the best averages of actual colors used in the film. I, too, thought it looked too blue or whatnot at times, but every time I go to the source, it's right there.

This^^^^^^ 100% of the time.....video never does really bring out the colors like actually seeing it in person.....( actually true of most mods and the machines themselves, now that I think about it.... )

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Edit- were you wearing your fancy vajazzled pinball gloves when you achieved portal?

Sorry had to get off my ban to answer this.

Of course I was wearing them. These soft supple hands don't touch working man's plastic without something betwixed.

#5083 3 years ago

I think "working man's plastic" might also be code for Wong

image_(resized).jpg

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I think "working man's plastic" might also be code for Wong
image_(resized).jpg

Is that a martial arts outfit or kitchen attire?

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is that a martial arts outfit or kitchen attire?

Both, cause it's TigerWong !!

#5086 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Both, cause it's TigerWong !!

Very efficient, now only if they were pj's

How about a TRON WONG photoshop job?

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How about a TRON WONG photoshop job?

It's been a while since I spent some time involved in a Tron Wong job. Might have to make a few more Mexican Martinis & get to it.

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who says they're not?

#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Who says they're not?

After working out and making dinner in them? That's disgusting!

#5090 3 years ago

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FB-515-5133-06-01T

Clear flippers, I have this type on all of my games, they rock and come in a variety of colors...

#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Sell me asteroids mini for $400, buy ColorDMD

Ouch! That's like asking me to sell a toe, or a child, or my Tron Legos

... But I see where you're going with this...

Maybe escape from the planet of robot monsters (still a wip), and or stargate

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You got it--on the way!

Billy16 is one awesome guy! These are so tasty! Yum!
image_(resized).jpeg

#5094 3 years ago

Glad I could be of a small service to Tron Leader!

#5095 3 years ago

Don't forget...

This Sunday, feb 21 at 7pm central on ABC is a Disney show that's going to show off the new Tron light cycle ride (I think in China?).

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Don't forget...
This Sunday, feb 21 at 7pm central on ABC is a Disney show that's going to show off the new Tron light cycle ride (I think in China?).

Post the video because I'm gonna forget.

#5097 3 years ago

Here's an advanced screen shot

image_(resized).jpg

#5098 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there is another 12v auxiliary plug in TRON in the backbox for the colorDMD? I am using the aux power wire near the shooter for my arcade cab.... I thought there was another one somewhere I could get 12v?

Oops looking at the directions it appears the power cable from colorDMD has a Y adapter so it can route the power to the existing plug and the colordmd. Phew! NEvermind

#5099 3 years ago

Installed the colorDMD and selected medium blue SIGMA. Wow, the grid will never be the same
Easy plug in and it supplied the voltage to my arcade mod and elis ramp lighting with the Y cable.
Going to bask in the blueness until the color arrives!

#5100 3 years ago

Ready for the color code to drop.

image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside