(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,064 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by jp335i
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 390 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(551 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg

There are 9064 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 182.
#5001 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Are you Herg from the Atari Game By Game podcast? I always wanted to ask.

You're thinking of Ferg.

#5002 3 years ago

Are you Herg from the Atari Game By Game podcast? I always wanted to ask.

You're thinking of Ferg.

#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Has anyone got the speaker panel decals fitted and if so could you post a pix. Not sure which ones Ive seen look better.
The ministry of pinball has 2 options and Matt's 1 at back alley. It's always a drab area now with the VE sitting next to Tron.
Even with the speaker light kits it still needs something. Maybe Aurich has done something for this?

Oops....realized you wanted speaker panel examples, not speaker light kits....sorry, was drinking ( not a great excuse, as I do that most nights...

#5004 3 years ago

dupe...sorry...

#5005 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Has anyone got the speaker panel decals fitted and if so could you post a pix. Not sure which ones Ive seen look better.
The ministry of pinball has 2 options and Matt's 1 at back alley. It's always a drab area now with the VE sitting next to Tron.
Even with the speaker light kits it still needs something. Maybe Aurich has done something for this?

image_(resized).jpeg

#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

image_(resized).jpeg

Thanks again Flank. That's exactly what I needed.
Waiting on shipping quote as it said in default 100€. Ouch.

Thinking of the apron decal as well. I have the Le light up apron in mine.

Soooo bummed I got this game Sunday and am now away with work for 8 days. I miss Tron already.

#5007 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Thanks again Flank. That's exactly what I needed.
Waiting on shipping quote as it said in default 100€. Ouch.
Thinking of the apron decal as well. I have the Le light up apron in mine.
Soooo bummed I got this game Sunday and am now away with work for 8 days. I miss Tron already.

8 days ?!?
You on a walkabout in the outback?

#5008 3 years ago

download_(1)_(resized).jpg

#5009 3 years ago

Tron ColorDMD confirmed!!! 2/26 release date!

tron_(resized).png

rinzler_(resized).png

quorra_(resized).png

tron_match_(resized).png

#5010 3 years ago

Yay Tron

#5011 3 years ago

YESSSSSS

#5012 3 years ago

Looking for a blue one when someone goes color...

#5013 3 years ago

oh damn! now I need to go spend $400

#5014 3 years ago

Im taking donations to buy a color DMD.

Wont you help me out? My kids haven't eaten in weeks but they said a color display in TRON would end their hunger pains.

#5015 3 years ago

They have video posted yet? This is fing great news!!

#5016 3 years ago

First ColorDMD purchase! Already shipping today. I feel for y'all that have installed the other 33 already. Coulda bought a damn EM for just the 1 display..

Still, Suuuuper Excited!

#5017 3 years ago

Purpledrillmonkey is officially starting up another batch of the Herg-designed mod which integrates Eli ramps with RGB lighting: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighting-mod-for-tron-ramp-kit-owners-gauging-interest/page/4#post-2979062

Along with the announced Color DMD, it's a great day for Tron owners.

#5018 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im taking donations to buy a color DMD.
Wont you help me out? My kids haven't eaten in weeks but they said a color display in TRON would end their hunger pains.

Perhaps if you send me your blue one your kids will notice it missing, deduce the new color DMD is on the way and magically feel sated even before it arrives!

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Perhaps if you send me your blue one your kids will notice it missing, deduce the new color DMD is on the way and magically feel sated even before it arrives!

I was removing it from the game to send it to you but I dropped it on the floor and it broke. I'm really sorry about that.

#5020 3 years ago

Anyone who wants to thank me for coloring tron could send me their LED-DMD that i could build a Run-DMD with it

There will be a livestream Mon or Tues (more details to come) and video should be out later this week.

#5021 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Anyone who wants to thank me for coloring tron could send me their LED-DMD that i could build a Run-DMD with it
There will be a livestream Mon or Tues (more details to come) and video should be out later this week.

I thank you for taking time out and making TRON that much better....however my wife and wallet say FU. LOL

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Are you the one that did it? If so THANK YOU!!! Finally! I'm not happy about dropping another 400 bucks into Tron, and I can't wait to drop another 400 bucks I to my Tron! Crazy happy at this news!

#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I was removing it from the game to send it to you but I dropped it on the floor and it broke. I'm really sorry about that.

Thanks dude for the thought! Tell me what the kids need--I'll send it!

#5024 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Thanks dude for the thought! Tell me what the kids need--I'll send it!

Avacados!

#5025 3 years ago

You got it--on the way!

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I hope Spider-man is on your list to color soon. Thanks.

#5027 3 years ago

With Purpledrillmonkey making another batch of RGB integration to Eli's kit, I'm wondering if their is anyway I could hook up the Pinball Refinery rails and hinges to a set of RGB LEDS instead of the EL paper. I'm assuming the main problem would be the limited amount of space on the rails; but, the hinges should have enough room I would think.

I was thinking RGB LED tape behind a thin piece of something to diffuse the lights.

Anyone know the minimum thickness for an RGB tape and if there is anything on the market that might fit under the rail?

#5028 3 years ago

That's a neat idea if you can pull it off. The tape strips I've played with would be too thick for rails. Probably around 2mm thickness for 3528 and 5050 smds. Plus their light is very focused so diffusing may be tough.

#5029 3 years ago

Love me some TRON in color - ORDERED! Woohoo, can't wait! I wonder which mode will look best - DOT XL, SCAN, HIRES? - it should be fun!!!

#5030 3 years ago

I just want to thank all my TRON brothers and sisters on this thread. Your all a great group of people. And Dammit after catching up on and dabbling in some new threads, I have say I really appreciate what we have in here. You all are what make Pinside special! Thanks

#5031 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Love me some TRON in color - ORDERED! Woohoo, can't wait! I wonder which mode will look best - DOT XL, SCAN, HIRES? - it should be fun!!!

I had one running Sigma for a long time now, and on this particular game, I love me some TILE.

#5033 3 years ago

I just want to thank all my TRON brothers and sisters on this thread. Your all a great group of people. And Dammit after catching up on and dabbling in some new threads, I have say I really appreciate what we have in here. You all are what make Pinside special! Thanks

It's because we're the cool kids and everyone wants to be like us.

#5035 3 years ago

Tron ColorDMD video released...

At bottom of this thread

http://www.publicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=45&p=432#p432

#5036 3 years ago

Here it is if you don't want to leave the comfort of the lamp thread:

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Here it is if you don't want to leave the comfort of the lamp thread:
» YouTube video

YES

#5038 3 years ago

Shit, this IS great news!

#5039 3 years ago

is this new?

Screenshot_from_2016-02-18_16:52:22_(resized).png

#5040 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Tron ColorDMD video released...

Shit just got real.

#5041 3 years ago

Woohoo!! The game has changed!

#5042 3 years ago

I'm hoping they consider color coding the timer bars.

There is talk of it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-34-the-arcade-is-open/page/2#post-2981129

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

is this new?

Screenshot_from_2016-02-18_16:52:22_(resized).png

Been there for at least a little while. I see it all the time.

It's depressing that the best part of the CDMD video is the match sequence. All the other just looks flat and monochrome to me. I don't know if that's just because the movie is that way or what. I'll have to go back and see.

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Been there for at least a little while. I see it all the time.
It's depressing that the best part of the CDMD video is the match sequence. All the other just looks flat and monochrome to me. I don't know if that's just because the movie is that way or what. I'll have to go back and see.

My only experience with Color DMD's is with my Metallica. The Tron video appears to not be similar in clarity and sharpness when compared to my Metallica. Is that apples to oranges?

#5045 3 years ago

I thought the LCMB animation looked especially awesome

#5046 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

My only experience with Color DMD's is with my Metallica. The Tron video appears to not be similar in clarity and sharpness when compared to my Metallica. Is that apples to oranges?

It's due to the movie footage shown in that short clip. Movie footage is same

#5047 3 years ago

My favorites are actually the disc and quorra sequences.

#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I thought the LCMB animation looked especially awesome

Big time!!!

#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

My favorites are actually the disc and quorra sequences.

Mmmmm quorra

#5050 3 years ago

Man...I want to love it but I have to say it looks just....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 9064 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside