Torpedo Alley 5 (resized).jpg
Torpedo Alley 4 (resized).jpg
Torpedo Alley 2 (resized).jpg
Torpedo Alley 3 (resized).jpg
Torpedo Alley 1 (resized).jpg
TA Box Inside (resized).PNG
TA Box Mounted (resized).PNG
20220625_125502(0) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

It's not an easy game to find. They only made 1,000 of them and MOST of them were sold outside of the USA. (Rarest regular production DE machine) I had two of them at the same time. Still can't believe that!

2 weeks later
#29 7 years ago

I have an extra chrome DE lockdown bar for $80. They are very hard to track down.

Added over 7 years ago: Spoken for.

1 week later
#31 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

even the mode track with the oh-so-corny 80's-rap-whoops in it is great!

Agree 100%. There is more than one reason I refuse the sell this game.

9 months later
#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Does anyone have a source on the plastics? I need all of the rock formations. Mine are all busted up and missing pieces!

Most all of them are this way. It's normal for this title.

3 weeks later
#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I would love to join this tiny club. If anyone is selling please let me know. Game is impossible to find.

Yup, when I was looking for one, it took me 3 years to find one.

6 months later
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I have one of the caves NOS for sale, $50. Its the left cave I think.

I think that’s the one that is usually NOT broken... I’ve had two games and both sets of the cave plastics had issues. I would be in to buy a set if $150 or less.

1 month later
#84 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Good 4 you bro! what a steal $ ... one of my favorite games

Yeah, that's a great deal. I would never sell mine because it's too difficult to find a reasonably priced one for sale, any given day of the year.

2 months later
#89 5 years ago

I'm telling you guys, I played this game 100's of times and was burnt out on it and almost sold it 7 years ago. I can't believe I held on to it but I swear that it's one of the most fun multiplayer games from the 1980's. Thousands of plays later, I still own it. I truly believe it is the first great game made by Data East Pinball.

1 year later
#180 3 years ago

No, I personally think they are the worst possible display option you can choose.

#184 3 years ago

Original for me. I don’t like replacement LED displays and I really don’t like blue LED displays.
C30F37BF-FCE9-484C-8187-3119D4668005 (resized).jpegC30F37BF-FCE9-484C-8187-3119D4668005 (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#198 3 years ago

Those go along with my calculations as well. Also, don't overlook http://ipsnd.net/ either. It has some good logic for people submitting info and it's a good indicator about what exists overseas vs. what is still in the states.

I've had parts of 3 Tor. Alleys in the last 10 years... Only still have one. I honestly believe both of the other machines were sadly parted out to revive other games. Nothing I could really do about it, I sold one as a complete working game, the other as parts only... Doesn't make sense to keep piles of parts laying around and collecting dust when those parts can make other machines not turn to dust. So, 33.33% of the ones I've owned are still flipping.

http://ipsnd.net/ indicates that 32 out of 2002 complete or parts of games have been registered. That would roughly be about 10% of what is expedited to still be around (250-350 machines). Jives with some other games with 10,000-ish production #'s (with 800-1200 games registered for those titles). Also, Pinside owners list is more info to support these estimates.

#203 3 years ago

Easy to turn over? I wouldn’t say it’s easy. In ten years I’ve done it 3 times and I do play the game a lot.

I’m ok with the features not getting harder. I have the game set on extra hard and it does keep the scores lower.

Interesting about the call outs not being used for scoring. Kinda glad they kept that out.

1 week later
#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

$2600, I imagine it’s probably well played. Never had a chance to visit them but I know their games had been put through the wringer with the level of play they get.

Actually, it sounds like you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. They had/have VERY few games that are worn and/or abused. Most titles are either in above average or very nice condition. “Put through the ringer” makes it sounds like they were are messed up and worn down.

They had hundreds of games that probably got a couple hundred plays a year, over the course of 4-5 days... I mean, I play my games more often than that and all my games look and play great.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Yeah, I always wanted to get to PAPA just to try out their games - because if anyone knew how a game *should* play, and was determined to maintain it to at least that standard, it was them.
Sadly I never made it and now never will. But I would not hesitate to buy a game from them based on what I'd heard.
Of course, the fact that their TA still goes wanting amongst the feeding frenzy that began the moment they announced their closure, only proves my point above. Are we somehow stupid for liking this game? I'm not ashamed, but it does make me wonder what I'm "missing".

It’s just not a super well known and popular title. Could be priced a bit high. I have had mine for over 10 years... don’t think I would ever sell it. I think it’s a lot of fun and if no one else does, it doesn’t bother me a bit.

1 month later
#230 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Holy crap, where has this game been all my life!?!? Saw it for the first time today streaming an old IFPA tourney while I was working out. It came on and everything came to a screeching halt. I had to find what the game was they were playing.
This game looks like one I'd like to add. I seem to like the older titles.
Probably a pipe dream to find one in real nice condition and everything intact.
I'll be hanging out on this thread for no reason other than I'm an instant fan of this title. So many sleepers out there and thankfully they aren't priced out of the crazy zone like the mainstream popular ones.
r/
Mike

Well, some people see the truth! Mainstream expensive titles are literally everywhere. Every show, every barcade, every collection, every frickin’ where. Makes wanting to own most of them much less appealing every day that goes bye.

3 months later
#240 3 years ago

I understand why it did not sell well back in the day but... it's actually hard to find someone these days that will NOT admit it's a fun and entertaining game.

6 months later
#257 2 years ago

I love TP but man those blue displays are horrible. Out of any pinball thing that has even been devised, I wish those green and blue colored displays had never been created. When I look at them my eyes start twitching and I feel like I’m going crazy.

1 year later
#278 1 year ago

Sounds a bit better than “a working project”. Still, I think that’s at the very top of what you should ask for one with significant wear around the pops.

One thing you have that’s great is new plastics and mountains. Those are expensive to replace.

I still own one if that’s any indication of “clouded current market judgement”. It’s a very fun game and is fairly hard to find these days.

8 months later
#291 4 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The Thumper Bumpers have scoring switches like ventage William's pinball games.
There should be scoring and sound all together.
If scoring and no sound it could be cable connector or maybe ram/rom problem.

Exactly. That SEPARATE sound+scoring switch is actually activated when the pop bumper pulls down/in.

2 months later
#298 40 days ago
Quoted from kba78:

the speaker panel plastic that is in-between the speakers

Is it gone or beat up? Reason I ask is because it will be VERY hard to find one. Best option might be to repair and repaint the one you have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-torpedo-alley-club?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.