(Topic ID: 100248)

Official too dumb enough to make but able to think of mod thread!

By 2manypins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ArcadeUpkeep
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I love mods for my games. Robby the robot for TZ, gold working saw for TOM, lights in castle for MM etc., but not handy in electronics to make them. So this thread is for people like me that can think of some mods that hopefully someone can make. Here are a few examples you may like or not: Scared Stiff is just begging for someone to make a LCD TV that will fit in the backglass where the TV is. It could show pics of her or run one of her movies. I love The Getaway but wished the stop light could be a bit smaller. How about an alligator that would sit on the swamp plastic on TAF with glowing LED eyes,... how about some thin LED strips that could light the wpc speaker panels artwork?. These may not be the best , but can you think of some?

#2 7 years ago

I thought the last one was done already. Great idea for a thread though. Id like a sound sensitive control for GI lighting that would be triggered by a saucer switch and active only while the ball is in the saucer. Think BoP during metamorphasis.

#3 7 years ago

I love custom shooter rods, I have one on every machine. I am bummed that I can't add a custom shooter rod on my MMRLE. I often think about how cool it would be if someone made custom plastic press button shooters to replace the plain stock ones. Like a moulded dragon head for MM that you press to launch the ball instead of a flat piece of plastic. For someone with skills or a 3D printer it would be easy to do, it would be the same size and diameter as the original one but just moulded into a cool shape. I can't do it but I'm sure someone out there can and I'm sure there would be a demand with games like MM, MB, BSD, JM and so on.

#4 7 years ago

I thought those shooter buttons were being done too.

#6 7 years ago

Cool thanks man! I didn't know these existed. I wonder if they are still being sold? Still a little flat though I would like to see an extravagantly moulded one.

#7 7 years ago

How about ready and easy to install LED eyes for TOTANs Genie and WOZ trees on the bumpers.

#8 7 years ago

MEZELmods is always interested in new ideas, we recently completed several mods from customers requests. On our product pages, we have a link to submit your own ideas but the link is broken and Kristin is working on fixing it. In the meantime you could always submit your idea directly to [email protected]. Any customer with an idea, receives a free one and in some cases if you are involved in the manufacturing of the mod you will receive royalties.

Get your pinball mod on!

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

How about ready and easy to install LED eyes for TOTANs Genie and WOZ trees on the bumpers.

I like this idea!

#10 7 years ago

Here is an easy one for someone to do for WOZ: there start button is plain jane. Can anyone find some artwork or even the titles name and cut it round (the same size as the start button) then the owner could install it. It already has light so it would be backlit. It is very hard to cut a perfectly round circle by hand. Mezelmods, take my idea and everyone owner would surely purchase it.

#11 7 years ago

I will put my name in the hat as well for mod design services and have already designed a number of mods for myself as well as a few mods for a couple of other guys. With the contract work I design the jobs and proof make them but then issue them with all the models etc so they can manufacture with a few soon be released.

#12 7 years ago

How about a mod that allows me to get the same killer scores of my F14 drunk as when im sober. Lets see what mod nerds can figure than biatch of a quandry out . I would pay good money for that one !!!!

#13 7 years ago

I also do alot of custom work, actually I've been selling more custom than off the site recently. So if it has to do with LED lighting effects or control systems I'll throw my hat in the ring as well. I've been pretty busy recently designing and testing our new Smart Color system but once that gets up and going I'll get back to custom work for people.

Brandon
    www.arcadeupkeep.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside