Quoted from Trekkie1978:
I was able to finally fix the VUK to work 100% of the time.
Under the table, I took the VUK mechanism off. There's 5 screws total. The bottom one, I put 2 washers on. The 2 in the middle, 1 washer each. The top 2, I left alone. What I'm doing there, is aiming the ball to travel up the rear of the scope. I set the power to 28 for the VUK.
After about 3 months or so, I can say that that my VUK has worked with 100% accuracy.
As for the ball shooting out of Gene's mouth straight down the middle...I haven't come up with a solution yet. I'm getting close to having my welder to just fill and re-drill the holes at the bottom in order to have the piece aim at the flippers.
My VUK started acting up recently (game probably has 500 or so plays...purchased it NIB).
Noticed black gunk (probably from the rubber pad on the spinning disk) that needed to be cleaned. Once I installed a new coil sleeve and polished the plunger, the VUK started coming back to life (without raising the power, which didn't sound "right" to me).
Now, the only time it fails is on the 3rd ball. I lowered the power to 28, but it still kicks back. I believe it's bouncing off the 2nd lock ball (and don't want to lower the VUK power any more).
I'm going to implement your washer solution and see if it solves this remaining problem. FWIW, my demon disk doesn't have the SDTM issue (which is unrelated to the VUK issue).
Thanks for the post!IMG_2263 (resized).jpegIMG_2264 (resized).jpeg