I noticed the same issues. Had my LE now for a while (got it the 2nd day available- thanks JJ!)
the whole demon lock thing is touchy, sensitive, quirky!
HERE IS MY REVIEW OF ISSUES/GAME PLAY QUIRKS/ and MISC SUCH:
1. SDTM (love the acronym!) YES - that pisses me off but when Gene is getting ready to kick one out the right flasher fires a few times so I am ready to time a NUDGE of the game as it kicks out! seems to work and infact.. well requires some skill which all us PRO PINBALL PLAYERS (I say that sarcastically about myself!) like to do. I just kind of fell into a pit of .. "okay that is what to do!!"
2. sometimes my VUK gets goofed up like its looking for balls or resynicing? now reading this thread - seems to be a mild chronic issue with the game. Will read on in future to see if anyone figures it out
3. Stern saying game will learn.... hummmm... if so .. that is cool! sounds more like a mechanic working on my car that says - don't worry the more you drive it that sound will go away?!
4.my dumb little issue from day one was the right sling - is so damn super sensitive that it fires even when something else is hit.. I know its just a slight bend of the switch but , ahhh man right outta the gate .. yeah first world problem
5. was waiting to do the tweeks and all my little mods and add ons, shaker add on, until I got my topper and side blades from JJ (from stern) but just called them and they said - sometime in SEPT they will start to ship out the "accessories" - when talking to them I called them MODS... the gal there said - "oh you mean accessories" got a kick out of that!
6. I love the game! I shoot for the Paul Stanley love gun multiball target spot all the time.. that is a bitch..
7. hitting the right demon lock target I have found is tough(I just hope it gets hit randomly during play as I hard shot there and a MISS and its a 50/50 ball drain!!! AHHHH
8. I am not a complainer about the codes and flaws - but yeah at this point the game is just missing a deeper level of play (like metallica was from day 1... so I patiently wait
9. IS THERE A INITIAL SKILL SHOT ON THE GAME YET? or will there ever be?
10. would have been great if the playfield spinner was not buried under Gene's head and we could see it spin as it shot the ball into the area... and be a neat action attraction... oh well
11. SOUND IS ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST IN THE BIZ!!!!
12. its kind of weird if you are playing a ball and the song ends and then you are playing without sound ====its kinda like .. man this sux... a real empty feeling (like something is broke!! ) HA