75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I miss the days of BKSOR and Deadpool when Jack would stream an hour of Premium and an hour of Pro on the same stream. Helps folks decide. Stream both.

Yeah, me too - I understand it from a marketing standpoint to highlight the Premium, but I want to see both. I'm more or less a Pro buyer only, and not getting a good quality steam of the Pro until well after release is disappointing.

This is especially bad if they're not going to even release a dedicated Pro feature sizzle video too.

#489 2 years ago

Has anyone seen or heard an explanation of the "bash" function on the building? I had assumed the building would lower down and you'd bash one of the levels with a solid surface. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it was in this thread, but someone had pointed out before the steam that if the building stopped at those levels to bash, then the ramp shots wouldn't be able to pass through the building.

In the steam there were numerous instances where they seemed to be bashing the building, but it was always at the first or second levels that should be passthroughs normally. Didn't look like just rejects or anything either - is there perhaps an up-post or controlled gate or something in one of the building openings too?

If so, I'm curious if the Pro well have this function too. Otherwise it just seems like out would be a ton of shooting the building and the ball always returning to that lane next to the building/magna grab over and over. That bash function would throw in some variety on the Pro too...

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The divertor ball paths are on the returns as they cross through the building. The building shot itself is back to the VUK behind it to feed the roof. I believe it's intended to change the ramps as the returns pass through the building.

Yeah, but the feature matrix specifically calls the Premium building a "bash toy" - and there were multiple shots in the steam that were either bashing something on the normal building shot, or were rejects. They seemed to be registering damage to the building when that happened, so I'm wondering if there is a post or something to bash in some cases.

There are what look like optos in the sides of the building opening just behind the stand-up targets, I assume that would be to detect hits/bashes...

Maybe it was just rejects hitting the blue rubber pieces as suggested above. But they still used the term "bash toy" for this building in the matrix along with noting the diverter details, etc...

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

The building shot would sometimes spit out the left side and feed the ball to the magna grab, right? I'm not sure the pro can do that - was looking at some closeup playfield photos and it looked like the left side was closed on the pro. Definitely want to see the coding differences in the two for sure because I'm in the same boat as you regarding the mechs (although I would like the right side jump ramp).

I'm pretty sure that will probably be the only return feed on the Pro - out the left to the magna grab lane. As the Premium's second level diversion slightly to the right is to the VUK to feed the roof lock, which obviously the Pro won't have.

Without the ability to at least vary the magna grabs behaviour on the Pro, the building shot on it would be pretty repetitive it would seem. Guess we'll see.

#804 2 years ago

I would really like to see some Pro gameplay. I'm not convinced it won't be quite awesome itself. Adding $2000 to the price is a huge jump to go premium. When you get right down to it the building is basically just a fancy ramp diverter, with a physical ball lock on the roof. Apparently there is no bash component with it. I can do without those extras.

Mechagodzilla - I'm not sure I don't prefer the Pro spinner mini-loop, and it might be really fun to try to hit those stand-up targets from the upper flipper - if necessary. It will be interesting to see if/how the spinner and spin counts are used on the Pro, and how exactly those targets are used in the rules since the spinner is always available on the Pro.

I couldn't really tell from the stream, but the bridge may be a lot of fun, if it feels like you're bashing it and it wobbles, etc, before breaking. That interaction will be missed on the Pro for sure. But for $2K??

Elwins Pros have been homeruns so far, imo. I'm torn on getting an AIQ Pro vs this...

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like the right spinner, mini loop shot with fixed stand ups on the pro. Mini loop keeps the ball moving.

Obviously with no playtime - I think I may prefer the Pro right spinner shot.

I think it's a decent Pro setup - Keith confirmed in another thread asking about the "bash toy" aspect of the building that you bash the building by hitting the blue rubber nubs of death for 1x damage (opto detects the hit), and a clean shot through the building does 2x and sets up the upper flipper shot off the magna grab. That bash function is including on the Pro. So that is some decent interaction with the building on the Pro plus the magna grab. I think it'll be petty fun...

Here's that thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-on-godzilla-bash-toy-building-feature

1 week later
#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I think you mean the Raymond Burr sound alike? It is not going anywhere. It sounds like the first movie. Whoever did it, did a great job.

No, he is talking about another voice that has one or two callouts heard on the stream, separate from the main voice. It is done with a major New York or similar accent, or a crappy impression of one anyway.

My guess is it's an extra character for when the location of a battle is in New York. Similar to how Attack From Mars has some quotes unique to each country, and thus probably not a placeholder...

1 week later
#1359 2 years ago

So the building difficulty change to medium by default does what over previous? I assume it was on "hard" before? The associated wording makes it sound like you no longer do any virtual ball locks on default settings?

So I take it you just bash/shoot the building until mb starts. I guess maybe that too cuts down on magnet usage, vs the somewhat extended magnet time for virtual locks? Kinda lame though...

Sounds to me like that change would be one of the biggest for magnet usage/overheating if I'm understanding it correctly.

From readme:

- Building - now defaults to MEDIUM difficulty
- Building - green arrow at Building indicates Godzilla Multiball Lit and starts the multiball with no locks required
- Building - change "Lock Is Lit" text to "Godzilla Multiball Lit"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group?tu=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.