75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcg9998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:I wasn't totally in love with the theme although I watched many Godzilla movies as a kid. The dubbing in of the English was sometimes hysterically funny.

Keep in mind that there are two dubs for almost all of the original Showa series (1954-1975) Godzilla films. Toho's International cut almost always had a terrible dub. As you stated, some of the voices were laughable. The American cut almost always made a new dub. The two versions had a different title as well... most of the time. One of the ways you can tell the difference between which version you are watching is to watch the opening credits and see what company is releasing the movie. If it's AIP (American International Pictures) then it's the American cut. There were other companies other than AIP that released Godzilla films. If you see the 'Toho' logo at the start, it's probably going to be the International version with a terrible dub. The movies were also changed. Only the first 3, 'Godzilla', 'Godzilla Raids Again' and 'King Kong vs. Godzilla' had substantially different cuts. The other films had minor cuts or slight changes.

#375 2 years ago

I'm not really sure what you can do about modding the building. Everyone has been saying that it is a modding opportunity but it is all metal and moves up
and down. How can you put a facade on it? If you do that, it won't fit through the hole in the playfield. The bridge looks like there should be no issue.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Can someone post the movie titles to watch and what order so you know more about the scenes in this pin? Seen all the newer films from 90s to now but not old stuff.

These are the movies from the era of which this game is made. Keep in mind that they are using 10 of the 15 listed here.

Godzilla (Godzilla, King of the Monsters!)
Godzilla Raids Again (Gigantis, The Fire Monster) - Probably not in the game
King Kong vs. Godzilla - Not in the game
Mothra vs. Godzilla (Godzilla vs. The Thing)
Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster (Ghidrah The Three Headed Monster
Invasion of the Astro-Monster (Monster Zero, Godzilla vs. Monster Zero)
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster)
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters - Not in the Game
All Monsters Attack (Godzilla's Revenge) - Probably not in Game
Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster)
Godzilla vs. Gigan (Godzilla on Monster Island)
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla (Godzilla vs. The Cosmic Monster)
Terror of MechaGodzilla (The Terror of MechaGodzilla)

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Can someone post the movie titles to watch and what order so you know more about the scenes in this pin? Seen all the newer films from 90s to now but not old stuff.

Go to Amazon and Search 'Godzilla Showa Era' and you will find a collection of these movies.

Here is a link:

https://www.amazon.com/GODZILLA-SHOWA-ERA-1954-1975-Criterion-Collection/dp/B07VLJ9KB6/ref=sr_1_3

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I would like to know this too. TIA!!

Just look a few posts above....

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it’s pretty clear they are going to sell a billion of these and will be making them for years.
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, it’s obvious stern is #1 in pinball and it isn’t even close. The rest are just fighting over scraps.

Trolling as usual, I really hope your life isn't that empty that you need to do this...

Cuz selling every machine you can produce is fighting for scraps... brilliant... Maybe I should start a pinball company and sell every game I can produce like Spooky and JJP so I can fight for scraps...

While Stern deserves all the credit in the world for "keeping the light on for pinball", they haven't exactly pushed the hobby forward. They clearly needed JJP to show them the way for pricing and features people wanted and they need Spooky to teach them customer service. A top notch company would never have allowed the competition that they have allowed. Just the fact that all of these tiny companies have emerged tells you that their business model is not top notch. No company their size in a technology driven business should have the competition they do with the massive advantages that they have. They may one day be the last man standing but they better hope that JJP never gets it's act together and learns how to produce in volume and doesn't pay Keith Elwin more money or they might find themselves fighting for scraps.

That said I hope that everyone makes great pinball machines and everyone stays in business and everyone makes lots of money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcg9998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group?tu=jcg9998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.