75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoteldrummer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 2 years ago

Premium and damn happy to be getting one, arrival is mid to late October, so I'm told. Congrats to the LE and Pro buyers as well, we are in for some seriously cool pinball very soon, can't wait for tomorrow to see this incredible machine in action!

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I know. I am slightly confused about how strikes are dealt on this site. But if this doesn’t warrant one…I don’t know what to say. I hope he get the help he needs.

Yeah, its WAY over the top!!!

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Extremely happy I let Mando go for this! This game will cannibalize some Mando orders I am sure.

I was thinking that too but more so with Ultraman. I went back and watched the stream of Ultraman and wow, what a difference

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I kinda hate comparisons between machines. I could never say 1 machine is the best. Its like choosing the best pizza. All pizza is good even if its bad.

More truth has never been spoken

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

PFFFT whatever. I'm going to be very f'ing happy to own BOTH of these games at some point. I've almost got my money worked out to pay out my current expenditures (a new AC unit for my condo and Ultraman), and immediately after that, I'm saving for a Godzilla Premium. There's no way in hell I'd let Ultraman go for this. It's more limited, which I like (because I like taking harder to find games to TPF, mainly) and these themes are going to just be fantastic together, and look great side by side.
Gameplay extremely different as well. I love upper playfields. If you don't, you really probably should've passed on UM/HW to start with!
I think both Spooky and Stern have killed with these two games, which is amazing, considering I really REALLY figured one or the other would be a dud since these are my grail themes. I didn't ever even consider a possibility of an Ultraman pin ever being made.

Yeah I'm not dogging Ultraman and didnt mean to sound negative towards it, I root for Spooky as they are great people and you are right, more rare ultimately. Im just saying the amount of stuff on Godzilla vs Ultraman is definitely apparent, thats all. I would get both too if I could, so I hope you can

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Ultraman/Halloween looks like the designer studied games like Hardbody, Pharaoh, Elektra, and other early 80s multilevel games and said "I can build off these and modernize it"
Godzilla is like Elwin studied Ritchie and Lawlor, and said "I can build off this and take it somewhere new and exciting" - just a totally different evolutionary lineage.

Totally agree. I'm not knocking what Spooky did, I'm just saying Ultraman isn't anywhere as loaded or as technically advanced. Stern clearly has far more resources in every way so its not surprising. Still hope Spooky continues on moving forward and eventually puts out something that is in the same league sort a speak.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Agree. I'm not knocking Spooky. Just saying what I'm seeing. I played Ultraman. It should cost half of what Godzilla costs but it doesn't. Unless you're a huge Ultraman fan, if your choosing that over Godzilla you'll be very disappointed.

Right there with you

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm going to try really hard. I passed on Tron LE when I had the overtime available to buy it and regretted it, and was even stupid enough to sell TWO Tron Pro's in the years following.... I'll be damned if I'm going to sit around and watch my last two (Well okay, Dune would be three, but I don't see that happening, nor do I think it's a good translation for pinball) grail themes possibly blow up into the 12-15k range where they'll just be unobtainable for me.....because I'm already there with Tron. I just felt like Tron was really shallow overall......I'd been to Portal a ton of times. Should've just let it sit until I wanted to play it again. ~_~;;
Who wants to hook me up with a 34 month layaway?

Oh man, Tron for me is a grail game but they have gotten so out of reach I am not sure I will ever get one. I'm getting the Prem version of Godzilla and will sit tight for the next round of releases, like Toy Story, Cactus Canyon, Matrix, Rush and whatever else. If I could find a Tron, even a Pro under $10k I would go for it immediately

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoteldrummer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group?tu=hoteldrummer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.