75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chickenscratch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know I'm not around as much these days, but I love coming to Pinside still for the new game hype. Fun to see everyone excited.
I had to scroll for a bit to find a Godzilla thread, and there are usually 4 fighting for attention. Last post was a couple hours ago. The hype just isn't there this time? The price increases bumming people out too much?
Game looks like a lot of fun, Keith Elwin wins again, but I'm not seeing the response I expected this time around. If you're priced out I feel you. Still, I thought at least the chatter would be there still.

Nah, the hype is there. Artwork is most critical comment but have seen no hate for pf mechs, anticipated flow, etc. So far, everything that can be said, has, 100 times. The release was early am and we have one short video to go off of. Wait till Danger streams on Fri and there will be a lot more to discuss.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Bleh missed out on an LE so will settle for a premium. Havent been able to get on LE lists despite ordering a ton of NIB games over last few years. Guess next time Ill try the stern insider route and try to click faster than everyone else

I would just find a new distributor, there’s a Nation full of them. Email or call around and see if you can get on next LE list to test the waters. The Stern Insiders go super quick.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

ebay.com link: itm
[quoted image]

Oh god... it was Orange County Pinballs too; the OG $15K markup on day-one peeps

I guess... thank you, for rising all boats on the tide; but FU?

I mean, a tough spot for me, capitalism and doing business versus "doing the right thing" whatever that is. I did that latter bit yesterday, not buying two, but one, showing another pinhead the contact info for the other MSRP I found, and leading another half dozen pinheads to other sub $13K machines, in the order of pricing I found them, and order of DM contacts. But... I don't really fault OCP; it's business in the end, but, it's also shit. Tough

#222 2 years ago

Thank god… thanks for confirming

#223 2 years ago

I think we’ll all be very-very pleasantly surprised, no matter our hyper level. Cannot wait for Danger’s steam tomorrow

#254 2 years ago

Who’s FREAKING PUMPED for 2 hours from now

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m with you! Couldn’t drop my Mando fast enough. Was bummed when I watched that reveal. Totally different feelings after watching this reveal. I’m just blown away by this game!!!
Elwin is a beast!

Mando is the only pin I’ve ever wanted gone after one week, such shit-shit geometry… but it’s the one pin that will always need to stay cause it’s the family favorite due to that cursed child

#380 2 years ago

Alright, watched a good nearly hour of the stream live, but was on mobile due to travelling which is pretty much not worth it, so shut it off at parts as I wanted to watch it on a big TV, but was hard to not go back and watch a bit more. Finally got home late, played some IMDN with the kids as it's their favorite pin, and mine, and then during multiplayer threw Godzilla in on the background TV... soon we were all watching the stream instead.

Just... wow. So much better than expected, and so glad I decided to snag my first LE ever on this pin, as it is my last space for a pin (7th) and I knew it was potentially going to be Elwin's best - and it might be!

My immediate vibes to this pin is IMDN v2 - the flow is incredible, so glad we have loops again, and the amount of shots (a dozen+?) and how they flow from one side of the pf to the other even when the ball is flowing down is just something else... behind the upper left flipper, flows over to behind the spinning table near the mech, and lands nice and softly on the left flipper. WTF! This man has just got to be a secret math genius.

Everything about this is awesome, I am so happy with the LCD visuals... it's nearly all old school TOHO clips as I was hoping for, and not new animation (though there's a teensy bit, which is more than fine). The music, the callouts, the Japanese option, the full integration of the theme.

HOME RUN BABY

I'm so curious if I'll play this more than IMDN once the honeymoon is over, as IMDN is just about all I play these days; I think it has a real-real legitimate shot. He really kept the vibe of IMDN in this, while still having shoutouts to his other pins. A marvel of wonder.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Elvira holds that title so far for best stern. But hopefully will get to play Godzilla soon. Just can’t justify the $8899 price tag for a premium. Will buy used at some point.
The pro looks like a home pin version when compared to the premium/LE. It’s so stripped down and not worth the price at all.

Honestly, what is it about Elvira that makes it the bees-knees? I sought it out to play and found it in a dive bar 90 miles away and certainly had fun playing it, but then decided to plug some quarters in the Stern Playboy next to it and proceeded to play that 20x more, for the next few hours, and bought one the next day. I’m sure there is something there to Elvira… didn’t hate it didn’t love it but thought it sat at good.

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You've never eaten a Thunderbirds pizza, then.

Or a Street Fighter pizza

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Coming from the perspective of a noob, I'm excited on this release. I am pretty new into playing pinball consistently. Think just in my first month of playing on a regular basis, I played more this past spring than the 30 years or so of my frequent trips to arcades. Being cheap/broke through most of those years I drifted heavily into fighting games, as a single credit could last me up to an hour on good days. By the time I had a good budget to use on random stuff, had found the learning curve for pinball to be intimidating.
What helped fuel my passion now and get over that experience hurdle was this local place that has about 15ish pins (along a wide array of other stuff) with an all-you-can-play approach for a single entrance fee. They had JP3 (i dont know the number exactly, as i keep seeing people refer to Keith's JP differently) and AIQ that my wife and I both played frequently. AIQ became our favorite really fast. And that's considering that my wife has gotten burnt out on superheroes genre...AND her favorite IP is Jurassic Park. She had so much fun with AIQ that she gave me the blessing last month to be our first home pin. Watching the stream last night for Godzilla gave me confidence that the fun factor for us will more closely match AIQ more so than JP. I'm not comparing pins in the manner of what they offer, but of how satisfying the shots might feel. Funny that at the beginning of our entry into pinball, without knowing anything about designers/etc, we both gravitated towards Elwin's games. Have yet to try out IM, but found one public location that has it, I just need to make a trek out of it.
Think only concern after the stream is how brutal draining might be. It kicked a lot of their butts. I do hope that the GoPro placed above the action button was the bigger issue affecting their visibility, as even Keith kinda "cursed" it at it at least once from what I could tell. Either way, hope my pre-order is for this year's batch as the suspense will kill me.

I’d heavily suggest finding an IMDN to play asap. I waited far, far too long just due to living in a very rural area with no pins for 100 miles. I ensured one of my weekly routes went through the city with IMDN and played it on a dozen occasions. It was pro, not dialed in, was “that’s neat” but wasn’t blown away. But I still kept coming back and had more fun each time. Ultimately I knew what it could be dialed in and love Maiden music and just couldn’t get rid of the thought of getting one. Finally picked up a Premium and now it’s near literally the only pin I play; played JP maybe twice since getting it. There’s just nothing even close to the flow and fun factor of IMDN, well, until perhaps Godzilla here.

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Same here and with black Friday just around the corner, the polk subs will be at their best price of the year . I've bought new for $79 , 2 years ago.

Where do we get these?

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I got an Iron Maiden Premium as my first pin as I'm a huge fan of the band, but to be honest it never really clicked with me. I certainly recognize it's a well designed game, but I found myself trying to convince myself I liked it and kept it around as long as I did just as a collectible of the band.
It felt a tad too punishing for me, but not in an enjoyable way. I recently traded mine for a Monster Bash remake and don't miss it much. On the other hand Godzilla looks amazing and even though I really can't afford it at the moment I got in on a day 1 premium preorder. Maiden was a little too barren for me even with the premium version, and while I respect it it didnt have enough toys for me.
For about a year a Kiss pro was my go to game even though it's also a pretty spartan layout and brutal. The Maiden was collecting dust. I always felt Iron Maiden was a solid game, but a tad overrated.

Interesting! I went opposite, started with MBr and moved through BKSOR, JP, Mando and then finally got IMDN and Playboy same weekend. MBr is definitely my least played pin and IMDN my most. I’ve found I really don’t care that much about toys, it’s all about flow for me. Plus IMDN has imo the best callouts, I actually love the animation, the modes are all so different and it’s just FUN.

But, we all like our own things! Kinda glad I went IMDN last. Who knows if I’d love it the way I do if not.

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You can get them thru pinnovators
They’re $109 right now

Checking it out now. So if I understand correctly, you follow their Amazon affiliate link and buy there?

Noob alert: where does the sub go, underneath the cabinet?

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, easy hookup in backbox, maybe 2 minutes, then run cable thru vents to woofer underneath

Great - thanks all. Picked up a damaged box of that model polk woofer on Amazon for $119 and the conversion kit. Will throw on IMDN and see how it goes and if necessary for rest of pins.

Now on LE’s, I know they come with better 5.X” speakers but do they come with woofers too?

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya woofer in cabinet as usual. Pinwoofers are the way to go if youre really wanting best sound. Incredible system, have in many, will prob do same on gz. And the polk

How does pinwoofer compare in terms of sound and setup to a polk with conversion kit?

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Un-friggen-believable. Pinwoofer is the bomb. That man knows his sound systems. My IJ is beyond my wildest dreams now. Clarity at all levels, bass with min vibration issues (if any) and easy install. I’ll never buy another upgrade.

Well shit… hitting cancel on the polk order now

#560 2 years ago

After watching SDTM install video and reading some more reviews, pulled the trigger on the Pinwoofer kit for my IMDN Prem.

Now, do y’all even install these on LE’s, or are the default upgraded speakers/sub already enough?

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Pretty exciting chickenscratch - our sincere thanks!
Greaseman did a detailed review of the LE trim having KW-1366S's (on Zeppelin) versus the PL53BL we provide:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/55#post-6158857
At the time we also did a re-comparison on our Maiden and the PL53BL are hands-down better (I did not even finish the first ball with the KW's).
I have not checked what's shipping with Godzille LE but would be interested to know.

So can we order a Pinwoofer kit now for Godzilla LE or do we need to wait for it to be a selectable option on the site?

#605 2 years ago

Oh geez lmao… I KNEW I should have looked, but chose the blind-assuming route instead. Even thought of DDing before I posted!

Touche good sir, I stand much corrected - ordering now

Edit: as always - autocorrect BS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chickenscratch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group?tu=chickenscratch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.