75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HoakyPoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#460 2 years ago

Most of my thoughts of the stream have already been covered, but I couldn’t help but think how the shaker will be integrated into the game…..the building collapsing, bridges breaking, tail whipping, jets screaming, the footstep light show & roar after a ball drain…. A shaker add-on is a MUST for this game.

Elwin & Yeti are my favorite designer & artist respectively. I’ve been patiently waiting for them to combine on a favorite theme I love so I can own one of their games. Godzilla is the perfect storm! Looks like it’s finally time to order a Spike2 game. Getting a premium This pin is one for the ages

#463 2 years ago

Also a question for fellow Godzilla nerds or zombieyeti

Anyone spot the Mothra Twins? In the artwork or on the LCD screen? They have to be integrated somehow right? At least them singing during the Mothra ball save? I may have missed it during the stream.

I mean you can’t have Mothra without the twins! MO-SU-RA YAH! MO-SU-RA YAH!

#470 2 years ago

One other thought I haven’t seen mentioned…

I used to own a Doctor Who. There are obvious comparisons here to the Godzilla building & the Time Expander mechs.

But one thing I really enjoy seeing is the continuous upper orbit loop shot on Godzilla, setup by the magnet. It reminds me of the long “O” shot on Dr.Who, which was setup by the “H” shot, where you could endlessly hit loops. At least on Godzilla the opening to the orbit is pretty wide, so it’s entirely possible just to get into the “loop zone” & rack up those consecutive combos. Sometimes I would play Dr.Who just to see how many continuous W-H-O loops I could hit. Nice to see I can do this on Godzilla now.

Plus that shot is important for big multiplier jackpots on Godzilla too, which will be important during competitive play. Just one of many cool things going on in Godzilla. I’ve never been so impressed with a modern release like this.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I will fix it with Pinball Browser. Godzilla blue oyster cult will be the first to go. Will be replacing it with Terror of Mechagodzilla soundtrack.

Good luck with that on Godzilla, or any future Stern title. Thanks to the Insider Connected system, Pinbrowser's days are officially over IMO.

The code will receive frequent wireless updates & needs to be connected to their network for the Insider system to function properly. It's likely that's not going to work with code that's been altered by Pinbrowser. Some may say...well I'll just disconnect the Insider system. But can you even disconnect the Insider system on new games & still have it function properly? Will it eventually detect code that has been altered by the homeowner?

Older unconnected Spike2 games are another story, but that remains to be seen on future titles where the code is specifically designed & integrated for this new system.

IMO that's one of the features of this new system that Stern isn't saying out loud. I heard there were big complaints from the licencer about that homebrew JP code that added movie & music assets that wasn't part of the original agreement. If they can stop modders from doing this, it's an easy way for Stern to protect the licencor & their future products.

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So is this pre-production or is this (what appears to be) paper city scape going to be the standard? Or is this sticker coated plastic...hard to tell
I was hoping for a vacuum formed background. This looks like the glue came undone on the seam folds and the building has what appears to be tears in it.

Gary mentioned the game they streamed on Friday was an early prototype. Those photos are probably from that prototype game.

The feature matrix says "Cityscape vaccuum-formed backpanel" on all versions, so I wouldn't worry about it

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

When you get right down to it the building is basically just a fancy ramp diverter, with a physical ball lock on the roof.

Quoted from Gambeno:

Sure you will miss seeing the cool effects for multiball but it doesn't really take away anything else.

I think the most underrated thing about the moving building that most people don't appreciate is the fact that its a huge ball diverter with multiple paths.

So every time you shoot the LT or RT ramps on the Premium, it will divert to the LT or RT habitrail, depending on the building height. So a shot to either ramp may return to either flipper! That's insanely cool to me & keeps the shots fresh & changing all the time. And the game is making all this happen while you can just focus on making your shots.

The Shadow does this too, but the implementation is different & user controlled.

So IMO that building diverter feature alone is worth the extra money for the Premium....let alone all the other cool shit that's in there.

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Yea, but it stinks that it's tied to the ball lock, so the only time the game will divert paths is when the building lock is lit. Cool feature for sure, but you will barely see it since it seems it gets harder to lock balls after the 1st Godzilla multiball.

That's an odd complaint, considering we haven't even seen every mode in the game, or much of the bridge multiball, or all the monster battles or even the final KOTM mode.

The hardware is in the game. That's the hard part. They can code how the building ties to the rest of the modes later. Who knows what tweeks they have planned.

Usually my interest in a new reveal wanes as the days go by. Not on GZ though. I'm just so impressed with all aspects of this design.

#880 2 years ago

Hey I just spotted the Twins in the LT outlane!

FD49E650-47A0-4705-93EA-F49685B1D404 (resized).jpegFD49E650-47A0-4705-93EA-F49685B1D404 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1278 2 years ago

I was fortunate to get 16 plays on GZ this weekend at PAGG. I’ll just offer some quick thoughts here…

* There is hype for all new titles, but let me assure you, the hype you’ll hear for Godzilla is real. This is going to be an “all-time” game for a lot of people. I’ve never enjoyed a new release this much. Fun & satisfying from layout, features, animations, flow, speed, toys, rules, modes, theme….this game really has it all. I literally have no complaints. I cannot wait to receive my Premium.

* The pro is legit! It’s incredibly solid & a great option for operators. The sinking buildings, collapsing bridges & mechaGZ toys will just be the icing on the cake to a REALLY solid game.

* Elwin & his team knocked it out of the park on play field design. There is always a fun shot to go for. An average player can have fun simply destroying buildings & doing Godzilla muitball, but there are tons of modes & ways to score points for advanced players. There are TONS of satisfying shots EVERYWHERE on the playfield. For the following reasons…

1) It has speed! Fun ripping left & right ramp shots, shooting upper loops, ripping heat ray spins, cross shot tail whips, on & on. When the building is completely raised, the ball loops at RIPS back at the right flipper! There were many reactions from players watching marveling at the speed. Like AIQ, it’s really satisfying when you are in speed shot groove

2) It’s also stop & go! That magnet is genius the way it holds the ball to feed the upper flipper for huge jackpot shots. Very satisfying when you nail it. The magnet is also a bash target for the bridge. It’s the best feature in the game by far. And good luck using that heat ray with 4 balls on the playfield! This game keeps you on your toes all the time.

3) The scoop reminds me of Metallica, both in placement & importance. It’s how you start battles, and you can’t seem to hit it when you need too. I love that.

* For early code the game is packed with fun modes, multiple jackpot shots, super jackpots, various multiballs & lots of unique monster battles. And the animations are great, because it takes all the best moments from the movies & and condenses them into an all-star GZ highlight reel. Lots of smiles watching those clips. I think I even saw Godzilla smash a billboard of the backglass! And we haven’t even seen the wizard modes. This game will have lots of staying power.

And the Insider Connected system was working, and I know there will be haters, but I loved it. For anyone who plays video games or mobile games with achievements, this is going to be very popular. It makes you want to explore the game more. It’s pretty addictive. Try to start Tank battle this time, or maybe battle this monster, etc. Most people at the show were logging in & the system was working well. It did have a few glitches with uploading achievements, and it needs to have a quick easy auto-logout option for players when the game is over, but those things can be adjusted with a code update.

There was a Stern rep there who was really helpful, and he also explained that the magnet issues were the result of overheating & could be fixed with a future code update. It’s still very early for GZ code, and the widespread use of the insider system. PAGG was one of the first shows for GZ & they were using it as a test run to work out the bugs. They’ll get it locked down.

But GZ is a winner! I heard no complaints at all from other players. Lots of excitement to play. Destroy the world & rack up points & become King of the Monsters! Hell yeah! You’ve got a winner here Stern!

D37D52F7-9577-4855-96DB-E699AE8032F3 (resized).jpegD37D52F7-9577-4855-96DB-E699AE8032F3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Minnetrista, MN
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 16.00
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HoakyPoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group?tu=HoakyPoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.