75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Confirmed le here as well

#7 2 years ago

I've been on a pre order hoping list for months

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You can get on the LE list by buying many NIB LE's from previous years.
It's an elite club that you and I are not invited to.

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b4ff292821a765b4c84b76fce2bab75ddfd3f0f4-1631623351-1800"};
//]]>

Well,,,,, this is my second new le purchase. But, every nib stern I've bought has been from same distributor. I don't shop around looking for free shipping, best price, but no service. Hes fairly local, 4 hour drive, has priced games at msrp or a bit lower every time. Gz is at msrp, which I'm happy he's not upcharging like some will. You need to build a relationship with local businesses to get best price and loyalty from them .Just my 02 tho,,

#20 2 years ago

#21 2 years ago

Premuim is insane, le will be killer!!

#34 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210914-070424_Outlook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210914-070424_Outlook (resized).jpg
#88 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every shot in JP is tight…but it’s sooo satisfying when you make them, especially combos.

I'm hoping this shoots more like maiden than jurassic. To me, maiden just shot much smoother, not as tight. Then again, maybe I'm just not good enuf!

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

JP is def a game for better players. No judgment…I can see how people would get frustrated with it. I’m at a point with it now where I’m really tuned into the geometry, and it’s mostly just combo combo combo flow flow flow. I had a crazy game yesterday & my arms were numb after lol. I still can’t get much further than the T-Rex paddock….so even tho I feel like I’m good at it, I’m not that good.

Great game, if I was more into theme id of kept even tho it pissed me off to play. But, only room for 7 pins so it was sacrificed. Was satisfying when I did get into a combo groove,,,

#104 2 years ago

Just watched again with headphones on, more going on in the game than I heard without. Will be killer with a sub hooked up

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I love the art on the apron seeing most les will be in homes so more directions on the pros. Looks like same legs and trim as mando le which I own so would have liked a bit different.

I believe they are sending art to cover up the code reader which is a great idea. I'll never use that.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So based on what everyone saw tonight, what is the feeling on the LE for this title? Is Godzilla’ Stern’s next big hit blockbuster?

Looks like a can't miss . I like everything I've seen so far

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thought the game looked really good. I thought the music, layout, and the different modes and the mechs looked like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what they have in store for wizard modes too!!!
I like how they use the the magnet. That "drop-kick" shot from it looks fun, and it was also pretty cool how the magnet would sometimes grab the ball and send it a bit up the left orbit to set up an upper flipper shot.
I have both AIQ and JP3 and as much as I love those games I think the one relatively minor weakness on both of them is the callouts. In the stream last night though it seemed like the callouts for Godzilla one were done really well in the radio announcer style to fit in perfectly with the theme and the game action.
The only complaint I have from what I saw on the stream is how the Insider Connected notifications stepped on game play. I like the idea of Insider Connected and achievements, but I hope they don't plan on letting the notifications continue to completely cut out all other audio going on in the game when you get an achievement. It wasn't good to have that great Godzilla multiball intro completely cut off for the achievement notification. The pop up on screen for an achievement needs to be way smaller too. They're giving a summary of the achievements at the end of the ball anyway, so there isn't a need to have such a big pop up on screen during game play.
Overall thought the game looked great though!!!

I wonder tho if you you don't activate it, it surely won't interfere will it? Personally, I have no need for the connectivity, just playing at home.

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My first pin mod is always a powered sub. I just ordered the Pinnovators sub adapter for GZ today. I already have the splitter - it works great and you can adjust the volume of each pin you hook up to a single sub.

Same here and with black Friday just around the corner, the polk subs will be at their best price of the year . I've bought new for $79 , 2 years ago.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Where do we get these?

Amazon is best prices usually psw10 is the most used. But, klipsch from Costco, twice the money, but sound great.

#537 2 years ago

Ya, easy hookup in backbox, maybe 2 minutes, then run cable thru vents to woofer underneath

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Great - thanks all. Picked up a damaged box of that model polk woofer on Amazon for $119 and the conversion kit. Will throw on IMDN and see how it goes and if necessary for rest of pins.
Now on LE’s, I know they come with better 5.X” speakers but do they come with woofers too?

Ya woofer in cabinet as usual. Pinwoofers are the way to go if youre really wanting best sound. Incredible system, have in many, will prob do same on gz. And the polk

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Game looks insane, but am I the only one concerned about how well these mechs are going to work?
I owned 3 different Stern, and, well, let's just say that mech reliability is not their forte...

I was impressed with how simple the mechs looked outside of the game. The bridge looks like no adjustments, all runs off one solenoid, house looks relatively easy too, no moving parts inside? I think they did a great job there. Time will tell,,,

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Disconnecting the molex should fix it. :p

I thought I read earlier that they were providing art work, card, to cover this . Hoping so, it will ruin the look of the lighted apron on prem and le
Can anyone confirm this?

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They're going to piss off a lot of ops if the game won't operate without the QR reader, but is otherwise fine. Sure, it's unlikely to fail, but that's just lost money to ops for no good reason at all.

I'm pretty sure you're correct, in that they said there would be alternate apron art to cover it if you want...but if it can be disconnected without making the game be unplayable, why wouldn't you? Just wasted electricity.

Because then the card would not light up. One of the over looked features on the prem/ le is the lighted apron

#675 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I don't think Stern is going to make it mandatory for your pinball to be connected to the internet to update. Just look at video games if you want to play online you need to connect to the internet but if you just want to update you can always just download it to a USB and update. As far as code is concerned Stern has a good reasons to protect it and I respect that. I would also like to say if there's a will there's a way so. Hacker's love a challenge.

I hope wifi update is not mandatory. Our internet can't do the code updates now, I have to have someone in town do it. We are still on dsl here

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If no one is making money off of the code mods and the games are not being sold as new with a markup because of having new code, I don’t understand wtf does stern care or the IP?
No one is profiting off of anyone except stern. How many sales has cleland helped with Guardians and Stranger Things? Screw Stern.

I suppose the license holders would be upset

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It is going to have to grow on me as well. Not a big fan of the song at this point.

To be honest, im not a big fan of it either. Its ok. But,, the lead-in to the start of multiball is fantastic. The guitar riffs , with a pinwoofer or sub are going to sound more amazing than they do now. Stern nailed this multiball. Is it October yet??

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I think the song goes great with the machine. However, if you don’t like or it gets old you can turn it off in settings

No. I like it. I meant that's its not my favorite song, but its implemented so well, I dont think it could of been done better !!

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I would really like to see some Pro gameplay. I'm not convinced it won't be quite awesome itself. Adding $2000 to the price is a huge jump to go premium. When you get right down to it the building is basically just a fancy ramp diverter, with a physical ball lock on the roof. Apparently there is no bash component with it. I can do without those extras.
Mechagodzilla - I'm not sure I don't prefer the Pro spinner mini-loop, and it might be really fun to try to hit those stand-up targets from the upper flipper - if necessary. It will be interesting to see if/how the spinner and spin counts are used on the Pro, and how exactly those targets are used in the rules since the spinner is always available on the Pro.
I couldn't really tell from the stream, but the bridge may be a lot of fun, if it feels like you're bashing it and it wobbles, etc, before breaking. That interaction will be missed on the Pro for sure. But for $2K??
Elwins Pros have been homeruns so far, imo. I'm torn on getting an AIQ Pro vs this...

The pro looks fine on gz, but 2 friends had pro aiq and sold quickly to get a premium. Not saying its bad, but both sold

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You ever look at how many Metallicas were made?

How many? They still sell for a premium on the West coast. Washington and Oregon anyways,,

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I think the most underrated thing about the moving building that most people don't appreciate is the fact that its a huge ball diverter with multiple paths.
So every time you shoot the LT or RT ramps on the Premium, it will divert to the LT or RT habitrail, depending on the building height. So a shot to either ramp may return to either flipper! That's insanely cool to me & keeps the shots fresh & changing all the time. And the game is making all this happen while you can just focus on making your shots.
The Shadow does this too, but the implementation is different & user controlled.
So IMO that building diverter feature alone is worth the extra money for the Premium....let alone all the other cool shit that's in there.

Best part is , I believe there are no moving parts in the building, and the bridge is operated by 1 coil. Simple, but great design idea.

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

That was EXACTLY how I felt. I heard it was Godzilla and I just was not excited. Then I watched the gameplay and was pretty impressed, and decided that I had to try it. Turns out the delay cost me! LOL.
You never know... maybe people will drop out.

I just don't see people dropping out on this pin, unlike the other new release. I think this will be a highly desirable pin, like jp and maiden both are.

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So does the LE have speaker lights or are those round areas just the upgraded speaker inserts?
I wish they had included the Japanese characters on the premoum/LE art as well. Odd they would put it on the pro but not the others. I think the art on the pro is the best of the three on this one.

Not lights , just colored rings

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Where can I get one of these to go with my LE?

On sterns web page. I downloaded and printed on hi quality photo paper, looks good framed up.

#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

First observation, this pro is not lacking, still a lot going on for a ton of fun

Yes, shoots very nice. I'd miss the physical ball lock on building tho, but certainly not a reason to not buy a pro .

#1072 2 years ago

Ball baron

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

Going to play a Pro on location tonight!

Feedback will be required!

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

I was supposed to get my first batch LE by end of October and was just informed by my distro that it is delayed a month and will now arrive by end of November. Distro/shipping problems, mechanical issues or production related, who knows? One thing I was thinking of when I watched the dead flip Premium stream was that the bridge was almost deactivated and was thinking that they were having some mechanical issue and disabled the bridge for the stream - I hope that it is not quality related and that it is just overseas shipping issues.

I hope its just shipping issues, which seem to be the problem with everything now. The bridge itself looks very simple and well designed. 1 coil operates whole bridge so hoping that's not the issue.

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Should a person buy an extra building mech on prem/le in case it breaks in the future? Looks complicated to fix if need be. Prob a $500-700?

It looks like the building itself has no moving parts, the diverters are diff on each level. I think only issue could be leveling it side to side to move freely, so it looks to be well designed

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I thought the same thing, I really want this shot to be makable.

Looks like maybe flipper strength needs to be maxed? Hoping it is a repeatable shot

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I'm guessing because it's a more dramatic effect to see the building drop from its highest position, all the way down.

Or it needs to fully cycle to get to heighth needed

1 week later
#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Question:
Is the godzilla pin subwoofer worthy?...LE coming soon

I've got a pinnovstors sub board and polk just waiting , hoping LEs ship next week

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I don’t think you’ll need the pinnovators board on GZ. If I’m not mistaken the specs mentioned an external sub hookup already on the GZ

No. They've had that on several releases. It's not the same

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Okay…. I have pinnovators on JP but thought this was different

I thought same on zepp. Not sure what the output is but it's not a direct to sub like pinnovators. And pinnovators are a great product and good people so I like to use em

#1400 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought same on zepp. Not sure what the output is but it's not a direct to sub like pinnovators. And pinnovators are a great product and good people so I like to support em

#1401 2 years ago

9 months later
#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Has anyone placed mylar by the magnet? It seems the force of the magnet could create accelerated wear in that area over time.
For that matter, anyone seen wear in that area that's had their game on location for some time?

Ya, I did last week, cut a semi circle to wrap up and around magnet. No wear yet at 1100 plays, but I still did it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group?tu=Hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.