75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The only complaint I have from what I saw on the stream is how the Insider Connected notifications stepped on game play.

I wonder if the notifications only pop up the first time a player completes an achievement? If so, that would explain the frequency on the stream last night.
So like, after a couple days of playing you'd rarely see more notices except as a one-off.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it’s pretty clear they are going to sell a billion of these and will be making them for years.
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, it’s obvious stern is #1 in pinball and it isn’t even close. The rest are just fighting over scraps.

But, but, but... the weight and bom of the other machines out there!!! /s

(Not sure why "fun factor" isn't seen as being as important as bom or weight of a machine? It certainly is when I order a game. Similar to code. Deeper isn't always better if it plays as fun as reading every page of a bible.) Then again, I guess that's why Stern IS number 1.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I feel like this game is the most packed premium we have seen, maybe ever. Ergo, the pro has got to be the most stripped from its premium counterpart in the modern era.
I just cant see wanting the pro model of this machine. For people, like myself who's complained about stern price, if you can only afford the pro, don't bother.

I think the Pro model would still be a hell of a lot of fun to flip.

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

You might be surprised to find out that you don't own *any* of the software you use (unless you wrote it yourself), Apple or not. You don't own any of the movies you have "bought" or the contents of any books either - sure you might own the pinball machine's hardware, the phone itself or the paper the book is printed on, but the IP is only licensed to you. The software in you pins and all the assets that come with it are not yours even if they are in your home - it is entirely in the IP's owners rights (and legal obligations, in fact) to control and protect them.

That’s an excellent point. Buy a movie and you can watch it at home but you’re not allowed to sell tickets for a public performance.
Ownership is not quite as simple as some people think it is.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If no one is making money off of the code mods and the games are not being sold as new with a markup because of having new code, I don’t understand wtf does stern care or the IP?
No one is profiting off of anyone except stern. How many sales has cleland helped with Guardians and Stranger Things? Screw Stern.

Because if the IP is altered, they may have a tougher time securing future IPs.
It's not rocket science. Stern doesn't want to piss off either the IP holders or their own customers but when the altered software is seen in public, things become awkward.
Not sure why so many people take every opportunity to throw stones at Stern. Gather information and try to understand both sides, instead of placing blame immediately.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Guardians and Walking Dead are un-ownable without the Cleland mod - plain and simple. If you cannot get the proper assets to make the game the right way move on to the next project......Or don't complain when someone in the pin community makes your product better and to this day I believe Stern is still producing new in box Guardian pins (which there would be no reason to without Cleland cause no one would be buying)

“Unownable”.
Yeah…. No. Walking Dead is an amazing game with stock code. Better with the Cleland code? Maybe. I’ll give you that. But it doesn’t change anything. If Stern pays money for voices and other assets, they put fewer mechs on the playfield.
You can prefer one option or the other, but you can’t have both. Want to change it with after market code? Cool. Want to put that code on display for everyone to see, such that it becomes embarrassing for Stern? Not cool.

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

unownable without that code yes lol - love the game but I would not own either without the cleland mod.....and I'm not the only one. I can guarantee that anyone buying those pins will be adding the code first thing. Also, pinheads not updating with the latest stern codes as to not mess up the aftermarket code just goes to show you Stern is lacking in this area again and again.
Is there proof that Stern is indeed embarassed. If anything, they should be saying "How can we make it so Cleland doesn't have to mod our pins?"
Or maybe they should have went the comic route on walking dead instead of using the actors likenesses and some knock off voices....kind of like they did with Avengers IQ so maybe they did learn a lesson in all of this after all hmmmmm

In my opinion, TWD remains one of the best games ever made due to Lyman’s code. The use of the bloodbath target bank was genius. I didn’t love the redneck call outs but the code and Horde mode made that easy to overlook.
Then again, I was never a huge fan of the show so maybe that’s why I found it ok to have the actors not included.

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can't afford to do both? Ghostbusters would like a word with you.

Yeah, Ghostbusters was packed and included custom call outs from a main actor as well as some other assets “ok, who brought the dog?”.
It’s still the case though that the game designer has a budget and if they choose to spend it on licenced material, they have less to spend on the rest of the game.
Sure would be interesting to know how much each title cost them to make.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.