75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 30.
#401 2 years ago

Game May beat out his other three. I own JP and IM

#402 2 years ago

Can someone post the movie titles to watch and what order so you know more about the scenes in this pin? Seen all the newer films from 90s to now but not old stuff.

#403 2 years ago

Game showed very well on the stream. What were impressions on the code? (Amount of different objectives, depth, etc). I noticed some unlockable monster battles on the LCD which was a cool way to present that.

#404 2 years ago

I kinda hate comparisons between machines. I could never say 1 machine is the best. Its like choosing the best pizza. All pizza is good even if its bad.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I kinda hate comparisons between machines. I could never say 1 machine is the best. Its like choosing the best pizza. All pizza is good even if its bad.

You've never eaten a Thunderbirds pizza, then.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

All pizza is good even if its bad.

Patently false. I ordered Domino’s last night for the first time in a couple years and regretted every moment of it.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Patently false. I ordered Domino’s last night for the first time in a couple years and regretted every moment of it.

Dominos pinball is the only game I ever walked away from playing. I pretty much like all pins, but that one was the exception. Don't care much for the pizza either.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Bad pizza is better than no pizza.

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Jurassic Park is already really close to #1 and this one seems to be better in every aspect.

I think Godzilla looks great but my initial impression of JP was better. The JP layout/gameplay seems more balanced for one. I also think that the AIQ layout may be more impressive even though other aspects of that game fell short for me. It seemed like most of Godzilla gameplay was either shooting the building or setting up the left flipper for loop shots. It didn't really seem like the crumbling bridge or MechaGodzilla were as integral as I thought they'd be. I do think the lightshow is awesome and I really like how the pop bumper is integrated. The rules look fun but I don't know if I see anything quite as cool as the Paddock rules in JP or the ball eating TRex. Overall though I think Godzilla will end up being a top tier Stern game, I'm just not ready to crown it the new King yet. I'm excited to play one!

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Quoted from dos_reboot:

If it was all or nothing, I will take that Thunderbirds. No question.

#411 2 years ago

Godzilla is Defending the cities and battles a different monster in each to save the day.

A mode base game that shows progression.

Campy humor. The narrator is great.

Complete theme integration.

Game looks modern and classic at the same time.

Tons of toys and mechs.

The flow and the creative way that Keith designed this playfield is amazing.

We got a winner over here. A+ A+ + + +

MedicalUnkemptDevilfish-size_restricted.gifMedicalUnkemptDevilfish-size_restricted.gif
#412 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think Godzilla looks great but my initial impression of JP was better. The JP layout/gameplay seems more balanced for one. I also think that the AIQ layout may be more impressive even though other aspects of that game fell short for me. It seemed like most of Godzilla gameplay was either shooting the building or setting up the left flipper for loop shots. It didn't really seem like the crumbling bridge or MechaGodzilla were as integral as I thought they'd be. I do think the lightshow is awesome and I really like how the pop bumper is integrated. The rules look fun but I don't know if I see anything quite as cool as the Paddock rules in JP or the ball eating TRex. Overall though I think Godzilla will end up being a top tier Stern game, I'm just not ready to crown it the new King yet. I'm excited to play one!

Thinking about that - having a JP and a Godzilla side by side is the ultimate 1 2 punch- right flipper heavy game with a left flipper heavy game.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Thinking about that - having a JP and a Godzilla side by side is the ultimate 1 2 punch- right flipper heavy game with a left flipper heavy game.

I agree. I think JP pairs with it well because it contrasts the most. To me Godzilla feels like a cross between Maiden and AIQ and I don't see too many similarities to JP. I sold a Maiden Pro prior to getting JP and regret it. I thought that having 2 KME games in a small collection would lead to a lack in diversity but the games play different enough and the rulesets are completely different. I could see picking up a Godzilla Pro at some point to take its place.

#414 2 years ago

yesterday really solidified as a red-letter day for my kaiju love...paid the deposit on my premium, watched the stream (it looks like a blast, but i'm definitely going to need to up my nudge game), and I got my tattoo finished

20210917_154614 (resized).jpg20210917_154614 (resized).jpg
#415 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I got my tattoo finished

Wait, why is he green!? I joke

#416 2 years ago

When is the Pro being streamed?

#417 2 years ago

I think the call outs are supposed to be flat to match Raymond Burr in the original movie. If that is true they did a great job as he sounds like him as well. If they were not trying to do that then it sucks.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I think the call outs are supposed to be flat to match Raymond Burr in the original movie. If that is true they did a great job as he sounds like him as well. If they were not trying to do that then it sucks.

ya, it's 100% to match that flat, matter-of-fact, news reel style of the older movies.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

I was thinking that too but more so with Ultraman. I went back and watched the stream of Ultraman and wow, what a difference

Ultraman/Halloween looks like the designer studied games like Hardbody, Pharaoh, Elektra, and other early 80s multilevel games and said "I can build off these and modernize it"

Godzilla is like Elwin studied Ritchie and Lawlor, and said "I can build off this and take it somewhere new and exciting" - just a totally different evolutionary lineage.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It seemed like most of Godzilla gameplay was either shooting the building or setting up the left flipper for loop shots. It didn't really seem like the crumbling bridge or MechaGodzilla were as integral as I thought they'd be.

Fair points. Then again the code is at 0.7. I’m sure it will improve. This is the 1st one they implemented the connectivity etc.

#421 2 years ago

OMG, this looks and sounds AMAZING:

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

When is the Pro being streamed?

Ask a Hoe.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Did you eat more then one piece? How much got tossed in the garbage?

#424 2 years ago

Lots of Halloween spots going up for sale after this stream LOL…

#425 2 years ago

Raymond Burr, Godzilla, King of the Monsters, 1956.

#426 2 years ago

Godzilla stream now on YouTube:

#427 2 years ago

It's the little extra details that do it for me. I don't know why but I was just loving the news anchor saying "This just in, Jackpot" and "Tonight's top story, Jackpot" -- so good! And the campy stuff is at just the right level, with zombieyeti artwork providing just the right balance between nostalgia of the videos and that killer modern throwback style of the playfield. Enough posting, I gotta go watch some Mystery Science Theater 3000 Godzilla now, and chew on my fingernails until my premium shows up!

#428 2 years ago

Congratulations Stern, you have a winner here. By focusing the rules on story and action, rather than complicated scoring calculations, you'll engage and entertain more players.

This game will be bolted to many floors so get in early...or pay inflated prices later for the [very] few that will be flipped.

#429 2 years ago

Just watched the stream. Game looks great. I’ll be in the minority here, but think the pro will play just fine, I don’t need the extra mechs. The sound and video integration is stellar on this machine and crank the volume to 11 (sorry homepin) when starting Godzilla multiball!

#430 2 years ago

Thought the game looked really good. I thought the music, layout, and the different modes and the mechs looked like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what they have in store for wizard modes too!!!

I like how they use the the magnet. That "drop-kick" shot from it looks fun, and it was also pretty cool how the magnet would sometimes grab the ball and send it a bit up the left orbit to set up an upper flipper shot.

I have both AIQ and JP3 and as much as I love those games I think the one relatively minor weakness on both of them is the callouts. In the stream last night though it seemed like the callouts for Godzilla one were done really well in the radio announcer style to fit in perfectly with the theme and the game action.

The only complaint I have from what I saw on the stream is how the Insider Connected notifications stepped on game play. I like the idea of Insider Connected and achievements, but I hope they don't plan on letting the notifications continue to completely cut out all other audio going on in the game when you get an achievement. It wasn't good to have that great Godzilla multiball intro completely cut off for the achievement notification. The pop up on screen for an achievement needs to be way smaller too. They're giving a summary of the achievements at the end of the ball anyway, so there isn't a need to have such a big pop up on screen during game play.

Overall thought the game looked great though!!!

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

More truth has never been spoken

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thought the game looked really good. I thought the music, layout, and the different modes and the mechs looked like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what they have in store for wizard modes too!!!
I like how they use the the magnet. That "drop-kick" shot from it looks fun, and it was also pretty cool how the magnet would sometimes grab the ball and send it a bit up the left orbit to set up an upper flipper shot.
I have both AIQ and JP3 and as much as I love those games I think the one relatively minor weakness on both of them is the callouts. In the stream last night though it seemed like the callouts for Godzilla one were done really well in the radio announcer style to fit in perfectly with the theme and the game action.
The only complaint I have from what I saw on the stream is how the Insider Connected notifications stepped on game play. I like the idea of Insider Connected and achievements, but I hope they don't plan on letting the notifications continue to completely cut out all other audio going on in the game when you get an achievement. It wasn't good to have that great Godzilla multiball intro completely cut off for the achievement notification. The pop up on screen for an achievement needs to be way smaller too. They're giving a summary of the achievements at the end of the ball anyway, so there isn't a need to have such a big pop up on screen during game play.

I wonder tho if you you don't activate it, it surely won't interfere will it? Personally, I have no need for the connectivity, just playing at home.

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Can someone post the movie titles to watch and what order so you know more about the scenes in this pin? Seen all the newer films from 90s to now but not old stuff.

Start with the first one (black and white) and go all the way. Stick to the Japanese original versions except Godzilla (first one), and Son of Godzilla....and maybe Ghidra - The Three Headed Monster.

Ignore the solo efforts (Mothera, Rodan, Varan, etc), until later, although Rodan is an excellent movie on it's own.

I'm pleasantly surprised there is so much on the game of Gigan, Hedorah, and Milla - with that I didn't see alot of Ghidra last night. Maybe he'll come later in the code.

#434 2 years ago

I think the game on its own, stands up great.
Lots of "Good" things, all shared.
What I hope changes/or "works" better.

I wasnt thrilled with the Narrator, only in the sense of being slightly overused.
(but that was with Keith Playing)
Under usage of toys...the building seemed more "incidental" than strategic.
Soundtrack, in general.

I see it better than AIQ, but lower than JP.
I think one of 3 will be amazing for everyone, but not sure the variation is there, maybe "yet",
for having 2 of the 3.

For me, the answers will come in time, and with play, but JP isnt going anywhere.
Im Battling some Dinos, but also rescuing, and collecting.
Im not sure the rescue aspect and strategies JP has, transfer the same way.

But art, Theme, etc, everything is great!....maybe not great enough, yet, to kick another pin out of the lineup.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

These are the movies from the era of which this game is made. Keep in mind that they are using 10 of the 15 listed here.

Godzilla (Godzilla, King of the Monsters!)
Godzilla Raids Again (Gigantis, The Fire Monster) - Probably not in the game
King Kong vs. Godzilla - Not in the game
Mothra vs. Godzilla (Godzilla vs. The Thing)
Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster (Ghidrah The Three Headed Monster
Invasion of the Astro-Monster (Monster Zero, Godzilla vs. Monster Zero)
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster)
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters - Not in the Game
All Monsters Attack (Godzilla's Revenge) - Probably not in Game
Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster)
Godzilla vs. Gigan (Godzilla on Monster Island)
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla (Godzilla vs. The Cosmic Monster)
Terror of MechaGodzilla (The Terror of MechaGodzilla)

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The only complaint I have from what I saw on the stream is how the Insider Connected notifications stepped on game play.

I wonder if the notifications only pop up the first time a player completes an achievement? If so, that would explain the frequency on the stream last night.
So like, after a couple days of playing you'd rarely see more notices except as a one-off.

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Go to Amazon and Search 'Godzilla Showa Era' and you will find a collection of these movies.

Here is a link:

https://www.amazon.com/GODZILLA-SHOWA-ERA-1954-1975-Criterion-Collection/dp/B07VLJ9KB6/ref=sr_1_3

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m in hotel poor internet so can’t watch well. But the lights look great and the video assets. The announcer guy is super flat. He should show more emotion and excitement.

Yeah I'll be honest when I first entered the stream and heard the callouts I chatted "Good gosh the callouts suck" which was stupid and way too harsh, and as I watched more they grew on me a bit. I'm glad there's another character doing callouts aside from the news caster to add some excitement.

I do wish that during certain moments the narrator would freak out a bit though. Would be kind of funny if during multiball, Godzilla were getting closer to the building the narrator is in, and with each jackpot the callout got a bit crazier, with the super jackpot being the point where Godzilla reaches the building and narrator completely loses it. Getting a super jackpot and hearing a monotone "this just in. super jackpot" isn't great.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I would like to know this too. TIA!!

#440 2 years ago

I am assuming you fight Ghidorah in the final wizard mode, which I think is King of the Monsters.

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I agree with this one as well. I’m sure that’s a simple setting in the options though. (Hopefully)

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I would like to know this too. TIA!!

Just look a few posts above....

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Or a Street Fighter pizza

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

Just look a few posts above....

Yeah I saw those after I replied. Thanks.

#445 2 years ago

In for a Premium!! That stream last night was awesome!! Looks like Stern has hit the ball out of the park on this one!

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I wonder if the notifications only pop up the first time a player completes an achievement? If so, that would explain the frequency on the stream last night.
So like, after a couple days of playing you'd rarely see more notices except as a one-off.

Yeah, it would make sense that they only pop up the first time you get them so you wouldn't end up seeing them as often. But I still hope they dial back how much they cut in on the game audio and video when they happen.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Yeah I can see that and the building totally decked out. Tons of modding opportunities on this game. Its a "world under glass" anyways, can't wait to see what people come up with.

I bet you could add some fiber optics or mini-led's to the bridge -

7591051536_9a29607eb2_b (resized).jpg7591051536_9a29607eb2_b (resized).jpg

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Also patently false.

How about I describe things: wing sauce on wings tasted rancid, stuffed cheese bread with jalapeno/bacon in middle was raw, sausage on the pizza tasted like it had been soaked in lysol or some other cleaning chemical.

I spent 20 minutes peeing out my butt a while after eating.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Watched the stream and bunches of it twice
The game is amazing and a complete package.
Some of the things that were are very pleasant surprise
- The Godzilla multi-ball, with the BOC song is just awesome
- Huge variety of available shots and ball paths (so many they are hard to keep up with)
- Didn't look like a drain hog or a that it had a ton of center drain risk
- Enough speed is kept from those long ramps to consistently do rolling flipper passes
- Art matches the game play so no worries on the bright colors for me
- Love the ability to change language to Japanese
- Shots seem more open than JP2 so may play a bit "easier" (something us average players appreciate)
- Inserts do a good job at pointing player to correct shots
- Video assets are very good for early code
- Loop shot from upper flipper very repeatable (at least Keith was killing it!)
I'm now more excited than ever to get my game
LE on order and hope to have it in house for Christmas break
Congrats to Stern, Elwin and the entire design team - home run
I have quite a few Mondo prints that match my games hung up in the Loft ... For Godzilla, I ordered one of my favs (Tom Whalen)[quoted image]

That's a cool one - I have this one in our gameroom - here's the link, been asked about it a few times already!

https://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=%2Fgetthumb.asp&CID=A0E4180B5CAC47DEAE33751CEB06DCCA&txtSearch=godzilla&SSK=godzilla&exactMat=yes
godzilla-mothra-and-king-ghidorah-giant-monsters-all-out-attack-japanese-style_u-L-F4S69S0 (resized).jpggodzilla-mothra-and-king-ghidorah-giant-monsters-all-out-attack-japanese-style_u-L-F4S69S0 (resized).jpg

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Did you eat more then one piece? How much got tossed in the garbage?

I ate 3 pieces, trying to remove the sausage… still was just wrong. Will never order Dominos again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/9?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.