75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 30.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I have to say, the zombie yeti art makes more sense now. this game is pure FUN. High energy FUN. The colorful playfield just feels right...

This was the only issue with the pin. Everything else was out of the park. Can’t get past the artwork color. Just not TOHO Godzilla. I can understand why people wouldn’t have a problem though. I’m glad they didn’t get this right, because then I’d have to buy one. Will be great on location

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

This was the only issue with the pin. Everything else was out of the park. Can’t get past the artwork color. Just not TOHO Godzilla. I can understand why people wouldn’t have a problem though. I’m glad they didn’t get this right, because then I’d have to buy one. Will be great on location

But they made up for it in the video display

In a location setting it calls at "Play Me" to the kids...art is really good

#353 2 years ago

I care zero about Godzilla and want this game lol. I love the campiness. The callbacks to Elwin's other games - jump ramp (IM), helix ramp (JP) and magnet hold (AIQ) - are superb. The shots look insane.

I just wish the pro was able to retain at least one of the three fun mechs. Yeah, magna grab is cool, but the gap just feels too wide. I think they could've made the jump ramp work. So with that much of a difference, and the price bump, I'm not sure I can justify the price tag

Please bookmark this post for when I am selling a pin to get a pro.

#354 2 years ago

Wow that layout is awesome. And those rails…the lightshow pulsing out from the center with the electricity effects was awesome.

#355 2 years ago

Extremely happy I let Mando go for this! This game will cannibalize some Mando orders I am sure.

#356 2 years ago

I'm a super Elwin fan. Been that way since before he even started working for Stern. But I've yet to own an Elwin pin. Godzilla may be the first for me, but I'd have to sell a pin and I don't think I can do it. I don't know, maybe Tommy? Shit, I'm just getting out of the honeymoon phase with Zep premium. I may just have to wait for a Zilla premium second hand down the road. The game looks like Elwins best to date and maybe even Sterns best ever.

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Extremely happy I let Mando go for this! This game will cannibalize some Mando orders I am sure.

I’m with you! Couldn’t drop my Mando fast enough. Was bummed when I watched that reveal. Totally different feelings after watching this reveal. I’m just blown away by this game!!!

Elwin is a beast!

#358 2 years ago

Watched a bit of the stream, looked like a blast, the integration of Toho era films looked pretty awesome.
Can't wait to see one in person.
Just color correct the Godzilla art, he's not a Watermelon!

#359 2 years ago

The shot on the left behind the flipper reminds me a lot of the Centaur double queen's chamber, which is one of my favorite shots in pinball. Love it.

#360 2 years ago

Looks like you can select Japanese for the callouts? Super cool.

Great job on the film clip integration - the ball save clip and reply clips are great.

Not enough Ghidorah though....

#361 2 years ago

I only really knew about the modern Godzilla..was disappointed at first hearing of the Toho version. Now I completely understand. This game is just awesome looking..some of the best flow I’ve ever seen. True world under glass, perfect campy scenes and now I actually love the monotone call outs...I’m still glad I passed on my LE to let a true Godzilla fan have it, but cannot resist this Elwin masterpiece.

Premium Deposit Placed

Slow golf clap to Stern, bravo and well done.

#362 2 years ago

Watched the stream and bunches of it twice

The game is amazing and a complete package.

Some of the things that were are very pleasant surprise
- The Godzilla multi-ball, with the BOC song is just awesome
- Huge variety of available shots and ball paths (so many they are hard to keep up with)
- Didn't look like a drain hog or a that it had a ton of center drain risk
- Enough speed is kept from those long ramps to consistently do rolling flipper passes
- Art matches the game play so no worries on the bright colors for me
- Love the ability to change language to Japanese
- Shots seem more open than JP2 so may play a bit "easier" (something us average players appreciate)
- Inserts do a good job at pointing player to correct shots
- Video assets are very good for early code
- Loop shot from upper flipper very repeatable (at least Keith was killing it!)

I'm now more excited than ever to get my game
LE on order and hope to have it in house for Christmas break

Congrats to Stern, Elwin and the entire design team - home run

I have quite a few Mondo prints that match my games hung up in the Loft ... For Godzilla, I ordered one of my favs (Tom Whalen)

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#363 2 years ago

I am kinda in awe of the early gameplay of this table. Could this be the NEW flow champion? Combo champion? The amount of shots is insane.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Just color correct the Godzilla art, he's not a Watermelon!

My daughter kept calling him “Pickle”

Game looks amazing. Love the voiceovers. Love the music. Love the “stomp” light show when you lose the ball. All the shots & features look F’ing crazy. Only thing I don’t like are the Insider pop-ups. Super annoying & distracting. Hopefully those can be disabled.

D170137E-D8D7-4C00-B08C-B0AECA497C47.jpegD170137E-D8D7-4C00-B08C-B0AECA497C47.jpeg
#365 2 years ago

Man what an awesome package on this one. I can’t wait to shoot with all those shots. Pure flow!

#366 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Yes you did! Some of the flow I've seen is straight alien. What planet is Keith actually from?

Apparently Keith has come here to “plunder” the sales of other pinball manufactures!

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I am kinda in awe of the early gameplay of this table. Could this be the NEW flow champion? Combo champion? The amount of shots is insane.

I was thinking this same thing. It might even be more flowy than AIQ and that thing is an absolute flow monster!

Once again, Elwin reminds everyone why he is the GOAT.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My daughter kept calling him “Pickle”
Game looks amazing. Love the voiceovers. Love the music. Love the “stomp” light show when you lose the ball. All the shots & features look F’ing crazy. Only thing I don’t like are the Insider pop-ups. Super annoying & distracting. Hopefully those can be disabled.
[quoted image]

It's a pretty simple disable. Just don't scan the QR code I don't know why you would use that anyways, it's pretty much just for operators to increase the coin drops.

#369 2 years ago

So do we know for sure the callouts, etc can be switched to Japanese? That was my minor in college and I lived there a few years so that would actually make the game even more intriguing for me.

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

It's a pretty simple disable. Just don't scan the QR code I don't know why you would use that anyways, it's pretty much just for operators to increase the coin drops.

Yeah. Still pisses me off Stern added this and used it as an excuse ro raise prices when almost no one outside operators even want it.

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So do we know for sure the callouts, etc can be switched to Japanese?

Every time they started a game there was an option to select English or Japanese.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it’s been so long since Mando game out.

Sorry not played or seen much of that Fletch

#373 2 years ago

It looks like a lot of fun. Like many I wish it leaned more in the Toho art direction, but I'm not mad about it or anything. Zombie Yeti clearly believes that pins should be bright and pop in dark spaces, he's said so before (in threads on AIQ) so it's just a style decision. The logic does make sense.

I'm not looking to buy, but I half wish I could justify picking up a premium just to figure out how to make a cooler replacement for the bridge plastics that was more realistic and 3D. That looks like a really fun mod opportunity. Stock is fine, not being critical, but for a home owned game it deserves something with more swag.

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It looks like a lot of fun. Like many I wish it leaned more in the Toho art direction, but I'm not mad about it or anything. Zombie Yeti clearly believes that pins should be bright and pop in dark spaces, he's said so before (in threads on AIQ) so it's just a style decision. The logic does make sense.
I'm not looking to buy, but I half wish I could justify picking up a premium just to figure out how to make a cooler replacement for the bridge plastics that was more realistic and 3D. That looks like a really fun mod opportunity. Stock is fine, not being critical, but for a home owned game it deserves something with more swag.

Yeah I can see that and the building totally decked out. Tons of modding opportunities on this game. Its a "world under glass" anyways, can't wait to see what people come up with.

#375 2 years ago

I'm not really sure what you can do about modding the building. Everyone has been saying that it is a modding opportunity but it is all metal and moves up
and down. How can you put a facade on it? If you do that, it won't fit through the hole in the playfield. The bridge looks like there should be no issue.

#376 2 years ago

Stern was excellent, really enjoyed all the cool mechs they showed. Gameplay looks to be one of the best I have seen. Incredible flow and layout. Art is fantastic, light show is best I have seen in a while. I was very surprised and delighted to see how good the video assets are. The music sound and call outs are much better than expected. Toys and mechs easily the best since Jurassic Park.

Safe to say Elwin is the best in the business , this is gonna sell a ton of machines. I am in on an LE and the steam has made it hard to wait. Very excited for this title. Incredible overall congrats to Elwin and Stern.

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m with you! Couldn’t drop my Mando fast enough. Was bummed when I watched that reveal. Totally different feelings after watching this reveal. I’m just blown away by this game!!!
Elwin is a beast!

Mando is the only pin I’ve ever wanted gone after one week, such shit-shit geometry… but it’s the one pin that will always need to stay cause it’s the family favorite due to that cursed child

#378 2 years ago

Damn. Godzilla flow looks awesome. And with a lot more coding to come.
Just got to figure out how I can pay for this, as I am in on Ultraman…..
Didn’t know Godzilla was coming until after. Bugger.

#379 2 years ago

This was my reaction to the game play stream. Congratulations to all who had a hand in making this game. It's a good time to be alive people.

Well Done!

whatsup-hoky-schnikes.gifwhatsup-hoky-schnikes.gif
#380 2 years ago

Alright, watched a good nearly hour of the stream live, but was on mobile due to travelling which is pretty much not worth it, so shut it off at parts as I wanted to watch it on a big TV, but was hard to not go back and watch a bit more. Finally got home late, played some IMDN with the kids as it's their favorite pin, and mine, and then during multiplayer threw Godzilla in on the background TV... soon we were all watching the stream instead.

Just... wow. So much better than expected, and so glad I decided to snag my first LE ever on this pin, as it is my last space for a pin (7th) and I knew it was potentially going to be Elwin's best - and it might be!

My immediate vibes to this pin is IMDN v2 - the flow is incredible, so glad we have loops again, and the amount of shots (a dozen+?) and how they flow from one side of the pf to the other even when the ball is flowing down is just something else... behind the upper left flipper, flows over to behind the spinning table near the mech, and lands nice and softly on the left flipper. WTF! This man has just got to be a secret math genius.

Everything about this is awesome, I am so happy with the LCD visuals... it's nearly all old school TOHO clips as I was hoping for, and not new animation (though there's a teensy bit, which is more than fine). The music, the callouts, the Japanese option, the full integration of the theme.

HOME RUN BABY

I'm so curious if I'll play this more than IMDN once the honeymoon is over, as IMDN is just about all I play these days; I think it has a real-real legitimate shot. He really kept the vibe of IMDN in this, while still having shoutouts to his other pins. A marvel of wonder.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I was thinking that too but more so with Ultraman. I went back and watched the stream of Ultraman and wow, what a difference

#382 2 years ago

Watched the stream…3 hrs later…

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm a super Elwin fan. Been that way since before he even started working for Stern. But I've yet to own an Elwin pin. Godzilla may be the first for me, but I'd have to sell a pin and I don't think I can do it. I don't know, maybe Tommy? Shit, I'm just getting out of the honeymoon phase with Zep premium. I may just have to wait for a Zilla premium second hand down the road. The game looks like Elwins best to date and maybe even Sterns best ever.

Elvira holds that title so far for best stern. But hopefully will get to play Godzilla soon. Just can’t justify the $8899 price tag for a premium. Will buy used at some point.

The pro looks like a home pin version when compared to the premium/LE. It’s so stripped down and not worth the price at all.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Elvira holds that title so far for best stern. But hopefully will get to play Godzilla soon. Just can’t justify the $8899 price tag for a premium. Will buy used at some point.
The pro looks like a home pin version when compared to the premium/LE. It’s so stripped down and not worth the price at all.

Honestly, what is it about Elvira that makes it the bees-knees? I sought it out to play and found it in a dive bar 90 miles away and certainly had fun playing it, but then decided to plug some quarters in the Stern Playboy next to it and proceeded to play that 20x more, for the next few hours, and bought one the next day. I’m sure there is something there to Elvira… didn’t hate it didn’t love it but thought it sat at good.

#385 2 years ago

So based on what everyone saw tonight, what is the feeling on the LE for this title? Is Godzilla’ Stern’s next big hit blockbuster?

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So based on what everyone saw tonight, what is the feeling on the LE for this title? Is Godzilla’ Stern’s next big hit blockbuster?

Absolutely there is very little if anything I didn’t like about it. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see this game land in the top 5 overall. Looks to be on par for game of the year IMO. Of course it’s still early but if it’s this good at 0.75 code just think of how good it will be in a year.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Looks like a can't miss . I like everything I've seen so far

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

LE is a home run buy, even with 1000 produced. This doesn’t just look like Stern’s biggest hit, it looks like Stern just produced something that won pinball for the last 20 years. I’ve never seen more unanimous agreement on a machine than I did tonight during and after the stream.

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

LE is a home run buy, even with 1000 produced. This doesn’t just look like Stern’s biggest hit, it looks like Stern just produced something that won pinball for the last 20 years. I’ve never seen more unanimous agreement on a machine than I did tonight during and after the stream.

The team up battles were fun to watch! So campy when Godzilla flies horizontally to perform a kick, but so awesome at the same time.

Rob

#390 2 years ago

Wow! I'm very impressed! Awesome theme integration and gameplay!

#391 2 years ago

Le prices are going to be nuts soon.

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’ve never seen more unanimous agreement on a machine than I did tonight during and after the stream.

JP was similar as well.
Looks like this will be another Elwin hit.

#393 2 years ago

seems we have a winner here

#394 2 years ago

Amazing total package this should be the game that knocks MM off that number 1 spot it’s been holding for ages!

Layout ✅
Lighting ✅
Sound ✅
Game play ✅
Zombie Yeti ✅

What more could you want and there is more to come for Zilla as hinted by Elwin

#395 2 years ago

Seriously though, in retrospect, how did dammed awful was that trailer? This game looks like the TRUTH after this stream.

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Amazing total package this should be the game that knocks MM off that number 1 spot it’s been holding for ages!
Layout ✅
Lighting ✅
Sound ✅
Game play ✅
Zombie Yeti ✅
What more could you want and there is more to come for Zilla as hinted by Elwin

That’s most unlikely.

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

That’s most unlikely.

Jurassic Park is already really close to #1 and this one seems to be better in every aspect.

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

That’s most unlikely.

That!

#399 2 years ago

This was far better than Dwight showing us the game. Far far far better.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This was far better than Dwight showing us the game. Far far far better.

Just different. Dwight does a great job too and explains things and his enthusiasm is always there. All the Stern people do a good job. Just a different flavor of ice cream or different candy bar or whatever analogy you want to make.

The stream was fine. I am probably in the minority, but I wasn't as wowed as others, I will probably just play a buddies who ordered a game. I am usually in on most new Sterns but hesitant this time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/8?hl=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.