A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg
44300AE8-8D3C-4D11-BB89-52AD1031843B (resized).jpeg

There are 1,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 30.
#1351 53 days ago

https://www.facebook.com/136972659243/posts/10159803255674244/?sfnsn=mo

Looks like they are working out some of the bugs.

#1352 53 days ago
Quoted from psexton:

What is the Godzilla magnet in the release notes? Is it the same magnet as the Magna Grab magnet?

there is only one magnet in the game.

#1353 53 days ago
Quoted from rai:

don't the premium and LE have 2? the magna grab, and mechagodzilla?

#1354 53 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

don't the premium and LE have 2? the magna grab, and mechagodzilla?

Yes.

#1355 53 days ago
Quoted from rai:

On the premium/LE I think there is at least 2 magnets. The magna grab magnet and the Mechagodzilla magnet. Not sure what the Godzilla magnet is they are referring to.

#1356 53 days ago
Quoted from psexton:

On the premium/LE I think there is at least 2 magnets. The magna grab magnet and the Mechagodzilla magnet. Not sure what the Godzilla magnet is they are referring to.

Pretty sure the Magna Grab is the Godzilla Magnet. The video clip shows electric towers being magnetically attracted to Godzilla.

#1357 53 days ago

Now that there is code out there which can be downloaded, I would guess we will start to find out if it can be modified via pinball browser and loaded on machines...

#1358 53 days ago
Quoted from psexton:

What is the Godzilla magnet in the release notes? Is it the same magnet as the Magna Grab magnet?

I was thinking this referred to the Mechagodzilla magnet, but i could be totally off...

(Also hoping that they release the Premium/LE user manual soon...)

#1359 53 days ago

So the building difficulty change to medium by default does what over previous? I assume it was on "hard" before? The associated wording makes it sound like you no longer do any virtual ball locks on default settings?

So I take it you just bash/shoot the building until mb starts. I guess maybe that too cuts down on magnet usage, vs the somewhat extended magnet time for virtual locks? Kinda lame though...

Sounds to me like that change would be one of the biggest for magnet usage/overheating if I'm understanding it correctly.

From readme:

- Building - now defaults to MEDIUM difficulty
- Building - green arrow at Building indicates Godzilla Multiball Lit and starts the multiball with no locks required
- Building - change "Lock Is Lit" text to "Godzilla Multiball Lit"

#1360 53 days ago

Anyone see one of these anywhere to play in CT?

#1361 52 days ago

This one sure does look like a Premium. Does this mean that premiums are on the line now, or is this a one off?

https://twitter.com/sternpinballinc/status/1448797383773593604

#1362 52 days ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

This one sure does look like a Premium. Does this mean that premiums are on the line now, or is this a one off?

that's definitely a premium..now you've got me reaching out to my distro

#1363 52 days ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I think that's a one-off. I bet it's the game they streamed at launch. Stern and Logan Arcade seem to have a good relationship and Logan is hosting a GZ party during Expo.

#1364 52 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

that's definitely a premium..now you've got me reaching out to my distro

I was wondering if this was a Stern Army promo tour or something like that - it's local to Stern - Chicago. Might make it a one-off or something.

#1365 52 days ago

Looked like JackDanger had a GZ Prem on set of his JP home edition reveal tonight

#1366 51 days ago

It's to promote Expo. They are doing some special Stern Insider Connected events during Expo on that game at Logan's.

#1367 51 days ago

Take a trip to Pizza J in Providence! We’ve got nine Sterns including Godzilla

Quoted from digitaldocc:

Anyone see one of these anywhere to play in CT?

#1368 51 days ago

Burning question: Is there NO extra ball in Godzilla?!?!

#1369 51 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Burning question: Is there NO extra ball in Godzilla?!?!

There is

#1370 51 days ago

Plot twist…you have to be a Stern inside subscriber to get the EB

#1371 51 days ago

Posted in the mod thread but figured I would post here too.

Completely stumbled upon this. Says he brought it from Japan and his name makes me believe that. I might be able to pick it up and send it to someone if they wanted it. I work in Anchorage so wouldn't be any trouble.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/387684866293673/?ref=facebook_story_share

Screenshot_20211016-071648_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1372 51 days ago

Where is it? How is it qualified? I don’t see it in the rules or any inserts for an EB

#1373 51 days ago

Just quoting you because my guess is you have some involvement with the games at Ocelot. My son and I just got back from trying Godzilla there in addition to a bunch of other games. I can't say enough good things about how clean and pristine the games there played. Everything was spotless and the beer is really good too. We will be going back.

As for Godzilla, it's as good as advertised. It shoots smooth as silk. The magnet seemed to operate without issue (not sure if new code was in it) and the shots feel great. That all said, I'll be passing on it. I have IMDM at home and the upper part of the playfield felt very similar with the loop shots using the upper flipper, just in reverse. In fact, if you compare the two playfields, most of the shots seem similar, just mirror images of each other. I personally love the theme of Maiden. If you don't, and you want a game that takes advantage of every inch of the playfield, Godzilla is a home run.

#1374 51 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Where is it? How is it qualified? I don’t see it in the rules or any inserts for an EB

TiltForums claims the following is how to qualify the extra ball. I don't know where it's awarded.

"Jet Fighter Attack:
Qualify by collecting missiles by rolling over lit inlanes.

Shoot red arrows to collect Fighter Hurry Up and destroy jets, destroying Jets will qualify an Ally and light Extra Ball."

#1375 51 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Plot twist…you have to be a Stern inside subscriber to get the EB

Wouldn't surprise me.

#1376 51 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

honestly haven't paid attention - tho I know we've collected it.

#1377 51 days ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Just quoting you because my guess is you have some involvement with the games at Ocelot. My son and I just got back from trying Godzilla there in addition to a bunch of other games. I can't say enough good things about how clean and pristine the games there played. Everything was spotless and the beer is really good too. We will be going back.

Thx for stopping by! We try to make it a pinball destination for the area

Quoted from medeski7:

As for Godzilla, it's as good as advertised. It shoots smooth as silk. The magnet seemed to operate without issue (not sure if new code was in it) and the shots feel great. That all said, I'll be passing on it. I have IMDM at home and the upper part of the playfield felt very similar with the loop shots using the upper flipper, just in reverse. In fact, if you compare the two playfields, most of the shots seem similar, just mirror images of each other. I personally love the theme of Maiden. If you don't, and you want a game that takes advantage of every inch of the playfield, Godzilla is a home run.

Yes, GZ is running latest code and has Insider Connect enabled.

I get what you are saying about things being in the same general area... but besides that I don't see the lines. Obviously there are some traits Elwin has shown favor for.. and loops and combos are two things you see in all his games. But the upper flipper in Godzilla plays so different with different objectives. The two ramps are far back in GZ vs maiden. Godzilla has the objects down low on both sides of the PF, etc.. I have a maiden premium at home as well.. and I was really debating putting off other work today just to go play GZ

At this point Elwin is king in my book, if you just had his four games you'd be entertained forever

#1378 51 days ago

Game plays great. Lots of interesting shots. Looks beautiful. Sound is awesome. Fun pin.

#1379 51 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I get what you are saying about things being in the same general area... but besides that I don't see the lines. Obviously there are some traits Elwin has shown favor for.. and loops and combos are two things you see in all his games. But the upper flipper in Godzilla plays so different with different objectives. The two ramps are far back in GZ vs maiden. Godzilla has the objects down low on both sides of the PF, etc.. I have a maiden premium at home as well.. and I was really debating putting off other work today just to go play GZ
At this point Elwin is king in my book, if you just had his four games you'd be entertained forever

I agree, and for context my son is 6. Full disclosure, the goal today was to look into a game for the house the whole family can get into. We both loved Godzilla and now after playing Maiden after getting home the differences you mention are clear. We only own one game and we'd like to have a few. I have a feeling a Mandalorian is in my future. For Mando, while I wasn't thrilled feeling like a lot of my game was spent on the front half of the playfield, my son loved playing coop. BTW, thanks for leaving the game so it could be switched to coop.

#1380 50 days ago

my distro is now saying "about 3 weeks" for my premium, so not far off the timeline we all expected

#1381 50 days ago

Ok is there anyplace that has a tutorial on this game? Explain the rules and what to shoot?

I’ve had it for 3 days and im unfortunately finding it boring… maybe if i knew exactly what to shoot for and the affects it would help.

I’m probably the minority here but Iron Maiden was amazing from the very first ball and for me it’s because i knew exactly what to do. That first reveal video where they explained everything in detail was extremely beneficial!

I don’t even need to drop quarters in my game and i can’t find myself enjoying it. I can only imagine what it’s like for a paying customer who has no idea what’s going on.

#1382 50 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Ok is there anyplace that has a tutorial on this game? Explain the rules and what to shoot?
I’ve had it for 3 days and im unfortunately finding it boring… maybe if i knew exactly what to shoot for and the affects it would help.
I’m probably the minority here but Iron Maiden was amazing from the very first ball and for me it’s because i knew exactly what to do. That first reveal video where they explained everything in detail was extremely beneficial!
I don’t even need to drop quarters in my game and i can’t find myself enjoying it. I can only imagine what it’s like for a paying customer who has no idea what’s going on.

Start here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

#1383 50 days ago

Hmmm, I havnt even been able to play mine because people are throwing money into it all day. So needless to say, location players are most definitely enjoying it.

Quoted from V8haha:

#1384 50 days ago

Thank you!

That’s great it’s earning well for you. Right now for me no one is touching it.

#1385 50 days ago

I had the opportunity to play the Godzilla Pro yesterday. Put about 5-6 games on it. Wow, the flow around all those loops is insane.
The shot through the center, coming out to the left side of the building and then being swung partially into that left orbit from that magnet is a really cool feature. What a neat magnet! Basically a magnet cylinder...that's so neat.

The loops and pathways that are in the center and close portion of the playfield are really cool. Theres some unexpected paths of the ball at times and it all seemed quite surprising at first, but pretty exciting!

I was not sure what to think about the game when I saw the streams (in the minority, I guess), but in person I really had a great time playing this pro model. Seemed as though there was a roving blue insert at the stand-ups panning across the playfield, I think that it brought about jet attacks? Not sure, but it was a cool light show when you would hit one while lit.
So, for me, as far as flow goes, I was really impressed. It's pretty early code right now, right? Like, 0.79 code? For early code, this is a pretty great game, and I can only imagine that this game will continue to improve as code develops...but again, for me at first pass, I really liked it!

#1386 50 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Thank you!

You're in Frisco? If it weren't for Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown next weekend I'd be right up there playing it.

#1387 50 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:Thank you!

I dont think many casuals are playing mine but Ive got a small group of locals really helping its numbers. Most of that is new game hype but I hope its good enough to keep them coming back .

#1388 50 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

my distro is now saying "about 3 weeks" for my premium, so not far off the timeline we all expected

Ordered mando premium day 1 and godzilla premium day 1(so far being told first run). If i get godzilla before i get mando i wont be surprised

#1389 50 days ago

Played the pro yesterday! Loved it! Even got a chance to use my insider connection. I’m definitely in on a premium!(Next year)
It will only add to the greatness!

3F8B9CF2-7BD3-4866-8A42-AA75B0525A9A (resized).jpegE3F7EE4E-AF83-407A-9DED-E9E550AB8058 (resized).jpeg

#1390 50 days ago

Question:
Is the godzilla pin subwoofer worthy?...LE coming soon

#1391 50 days ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Question:

I feel like a lot of folks here prefer the sub inside the cab but I really really prefer an external sub. I feel like the sub in the cab makes stuff inside rattle too much.

#1392 50 days ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I agree, and for context my son is 6. Full disclosure, the goal today was to look into a game for the house the whole family can get into. We both loved Godzilla and now after playing Maiden after getting home the differences you mention are clear. We only own one game and we'd like to have a few. I have a feeling a Mandalorian is in my future. For Mando, while I wasn't thrilled feeling like a lot of my game was spent on the front half of the playfield, my son loved playing coop. BTW, thanks for leaving the game so it could be switched to coop.

my opinion only... Mando is very fun, but is certainly way more 'simple' then Maiden or Godzilla... mainly in the strategy/paths to take area. It's tough when you only have one game so you can't always have one that fits all needs. I like that Mando isn't the traditional fan at the back of the PF layout and is pretty easy to grasp. It's difficult to get deep, but I don't think it varies a ton the deeper you go. It's clean fun, but kinda 'basic' when stacked against games like Maiden, and Godzilla will probably land inbetween... and closer to Maiden. I think Elwin does a good job of balancing his games to have something for lower skilled players and also higher skilled. In his games, skill is rewarded, not just endurance.

Maiden will probably never leave my collection... but I do have the benefit of space.

Do the right thing, go out and play games and decide what works for you before jumping into games. Spending $20 to find a game to play for a half hour sure beats spending $8k blindly! Good luck!

#1393 50 days ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Question:

I've got a pinnovstors sub board and polk just waiting , hoping LEs ship next week

#1394 50 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've got a pinnovstors sub board and polk just waiting , hoping LEs ship next week

I don’t think you’ll need the pinnovators board on GZ. If I’m not mistaken the specs mentioned an external sub hookup already on the GZ

#1395 50 days ago

Either way, I'm just asking if there is enough content output to warrant a sub

I'd rather go external if the content is there

#1396 50 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I don’t think you’ll need the pinnovators board on GZ. If I’m not mistaken the specs mentioned an external sub hookup already on the GZ

No. They've had that on several releases. It's not the same

#1397 50 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No. They've had that on several releases. It's not the same

Okay…. I have pinnovators on JP but thought this was different

#1398 50 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Okay…. I have pinnovators on JP but thought this was different

I thought same on zepp. Not sure what the output is but it's not a direct to sub like pinnovators. And pinnovators are a great product and good people so I like to use em

#1399 50 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought same on zepp. Not sure what the output is but it's not a direct to sub like pinnovators. And pinnovators are a great product and good people so I like to use em

I agree. Great setup!

#1400 50 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought same on zepp. Not sure what the output is but it's not a direct to sub like pinnovators. And pinnovators are a great product and good people so I like to support em

There are 1,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside