75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 30.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Also nobody was able to scan their QR codes. The machine would flash and chime but it didn't recognize any of us. Early days...

That's just because the game wasn't IC connected at the time (online - but not registered) - It has since been registered as a Verified Location game as of about 6pm today.

The magnet temporarily disables itself after too much use. That's an issue Stern will have to address with how the magnet is being used. After it cools down it starts working again.

#1252 2 years ago

Thanks for the trip report. As you stated, early days but good to know what some of us might experience when we get our machines. Hopefully code updates can correct things and the magnet cool down times I am sure will be looked into.

I want to see them pull the keys out of my pants.

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I played several games at Ocelot Brewery in Northern Virginia today. The game was playing real nice until the magnet died. With the dead magnet any shot into the building results in sdtfm. We stopped playing at that point. Also nobody was able to scan their QR codes. The machine would flash and chime but it didn't recognize any of us. Early days...

This is the third person I have heard complain about the magnet. Another poster mentioned the magnet getting too hot also. I hope they fix this by the time my premium ships.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

This is the third person I have heard complain about the magnet. Another poster mentioned the magnet getting too hot also. I hope they fix this by the time my premium ships.

I agree with you but remember as the games get more complex, so do the problems that may need to get resolved.
I've a premium on order as well.

#1255 2 years ago

The magnet gets used a lot.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Probably needs a fan like @pinmonk's flipper coil fans to cool it down. Those work great on AIQ flippers!

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I had friends go to a local show here in California today and they said One of the Godzilla pros magnet just completely stopped working. It was having heating issues before so I guess they just completely unplugged it to prevent it from overheating again.

This is something Stern should address in future builds so we don’t have to spend money on mods to get the game to work the way it should.

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

It should be an easy software fix... the magnet holds the ball for A LONG time now.. frequently.

It's a really cool mech - it just needs some choreograph changes. Pretty sure what is happening right now is some last minute 'oops'

#1259 2 years ago

For what it's worth there were 2 pros at the York show that ran non-stop all weekend from open to close, and I don't think there were any issues with the magnet in either. It didn't look like either of them took a break at all. We passed them both dozens of times and they were chugging right along.

-Paul

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

For what it's worth there were 2 pros at the York show that ran non-stop all weekend from open to close, and I don't think there were any issues with the magnet in either. It didn't look like either of them took a break at all. We passed them both dozens of times and they were chugging right along.
-Paul

The game doesn't stop or fail when the magnet shuts down - it simply stops grabbing the ball. Unfortunately that means the building shot tends to go SDTM. If you didn't know what the game was supposed to do, you wouldn't even know what happened except for being angry about the ball return.

I'm sure it's something that is easily a software fix. Game has only been in the wild for like 5 days.. They'll get it fixed.

#1261 2 years ago

I played the Pro for the first time tonight on route. Managed to put up the GC score and see quite a bit that the game had to offer. I did notice in that game that the magnet stopped working towards the end of the game likely due to heat build-up. That's really the only negative I found on the game. It was extremely fun to shoot and I enjoyed the callouts and video animations. I think the game will be a huge hit. I honestly think I would be content to own just the Pro on this one, it didn't really feel like it was lacking in any way. I thought the artwork looked great in person too.

The Insider connection worked well too. The only thing I found is that I had to raise the brightness on my phone screen for the reader to read the QR code. It's pretty cool to have the app keep track of your stats and achievements.

Screenshot_20211010-001434_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211010-001434_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1262 2 years ago

Today I had the opportunity to play about 8 games of Godzilla at Pin-a-go-go. It was a great experience. The shots are real smooth with tons of flow. If you bought a Pro you will be very happy. I was not planning to go back to Dixon tomorrow but I really want to play it again. I keep thinking about playing it. Can't wait to get mine in November. The Insider Connected aspect of the game seemed to work well. I need to make sure I'm logged out at the end of my game. If you happen to stay logged in, the next players will be using your id's and many won't realize it. The magnet was not working for at least half the games I played. The Pin a go go show was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed playing several 4 player Godzilla games with people I never met before.

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

I need to make sure I'm logged out at the end of my game. If you happen to stay logged in, the next players will be using your id's and many won't realize it.

Guessing that only happens on free play and with paid play you have to scan each time you start?

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Guessing that only happens on free play and with paid play you have to scan each time you start?

If you have credits in… it will ask if you want to restart with a 20sec timer. Otherwise i think you have to scan in again

#1265 2 years ago

You can double-flip to cancel the “play again?” Timer, just like the buy-ins on old WMS games.

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Today I had the opportunity to play about 8 games of Godzilla at Pin-a-go-go. It was a great experience. The shots are real smooth with tons of flow. If you bought a Pro you will be very happy. I was not planning to go back to Dixon tomorrow but I really want to play it again. I keep thinking about playing it. Can't wait to get mine in November. The Insider Connected aspect of the game seemed to work well. I need to make sure I'm logged out at the end of my game. If you happen to stay logged in, the next players will be using your id's and many won't realize it. The magnet was not working for at least half the games I played. The Pin a go go show was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed playing several 4 player Godzilla games with people I never met before.

Good vibes

#1267 2 years ago

We also had the magnet stop working mid-game on location. To get the magnet working again, we simply power-cycled the machine & all was good. This game rips!!!

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

We also had the magnet stop working mid-game on location. To get the magnet working again, we simply power-cycled the machine & all was good. This game rips!!!

The magnet will get used less on the premium since there are physical ball locks on the building. Should help with the magnet not over heating.

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I played it today at the pinball lounge.

Thanks!

Just my luck that I'm leaving for a week, but maybe next Saturday will get a chance to play, ut have the LE coming so might want to wait and play first on that.

#1270 2 years ago

Do we know when the premiums start shipping out?

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

Do we know when the premiums start shipping out?

LEs are currently on the line...supposedly, they do 400/wk, ish, so we can hope that premiums will hit the line by end of month

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

The magnet will get used less on the premium since there are physical ball locks on the building. Should help with the magnet not over heating.

A little, but not so much. Its not the lock shots that are problematic. Its the hold to shoot the loop, etc. game holds the ball up there a TON

#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A little, but not so much. Its not the lock shots that are problematic. Its the hold to shoot the loop, etc. game holds the ball up there a TON

Does the magnet grab need to be qualified?

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

-Paul

When I was playing the game on the right on Friday the magnet wasn't working. So the one on the left became the better game to play. On Saturday played the one right and it was working again.

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does the magnet grab need to be qualified?

No - there are several features there.

The right inlane lites the magnet as a target and that will grab and hold.

But more common is the magnet’s job for grabbing the ball off the loop from the building. It can grab and just toss towards the upper flipper, or it can grab and hold, and then feed the flipper.

The last one is where it seems to be used the most. There are a lot of really long anticipation type holds and holds for video.

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

It would be cool if you could add the Stern Insider QR code to your mobile wallet (Google Pay/Apple Pay) for quick & easy access.

I took a QR screenshot and saved it as a face on my Apple Watch. Hoping I can use that for easy access when playing. I’ll know soon when my LE shows up!

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I took a QR screenshot and saved it as a face on my Apple Watch. Hoping I can use that for easy access when playing. I’ll know soon when my LE shows up!

Any updates from your distro?

#1278 2 years ago

I was fortunate to get 16 plays on GZ this weekend at PAGG. I’ll just offer some quick thoughts here…

* There is hype for all new titles, but let me assure you, the hype you’ll hear for Godzilla is real. This is going to be an “all-time” game for a lot of people. I’ve never enjoyed a new release this much. Fun & satisfying from layout, features, animations, flow, speed, toys, rules, modes, theme….this game really has it all. I literally have no complaints. I cannot wait to receive my Premium.

* The pro is legit! It’s incredibly solid & a great option for operators. The sinking buildings, collapsing bridges & mechaGZ toys will just be the icing on the cake to a REALLY solid game.

* Elwin & his team knocked it out of the park on play field design. There is always a fun shot to go for. An average player can have fun simply destroying buildings & doing Godzilla muitball, but there are tons of modes & ways to score points for advanced players. There are TONS of satisfying shots EVERYWHERE on the playfield. For the following reasons…

1) It has speed! Fun ripping left & right ramp shots, shooting upper loops, ripping heat ray spins, cross shot tail whips, on & on. When the building is completely raised, the ball loops at RIPS back at the right flipper! There were many reactions from players watching marveling at the speed. Like AIQ, it’s really satisfying when you are in speed shot groove

2) It’s also stop & go! That magnet is genius the way it holds the ball to feed the upper flipper for huge jackpot shots. Very satisfying when you nail it. The magnet is also a bash target for the bridge. It’s the best feature in the game by far. And good luck using that heat ray with 4 balls on the playfield! This game keeps you on your toes all the time.

3) The scoop reminds me of Metallica, both in placement & importance. It’s how you start battles, and you can’t seem to hit it when you need too. I love that.

* For early code the game is packed with fun modes, multiple jackpot shots, super jackpots, various multiballs & lots of unique monster battles. And the animations are great, because it takes all the best moments from the movies & and condenses them into an all-star GZ highlight reel. Lots of smiles watching those clips. I think I even saw Godzilla smash a billboard of the backglass! And we haven’t even seen the wizard modes. This game will have lots of staying power.

And the Insider Connected system was working, and I know there will be haters, but I loved it. For anyone who plays video games or mobile games with achievements, this is going to be very popular. It makes you want to explore the game more. It’s pretty addictive. Try to start Tank battle this time, or maybe battle this monster, etc. Most people at the show were logging in & the system was working well. It did have a few glitches with uploading achievements, and it needs to have a quick easy auto-logout option for players when the game is over, but those things can be adjusted with a code update.

There was a Stern rep there who was really helpful, and he also explained that the magnet issues were the result of overheating & could be fixed with a future code update. It’s still very early for GZ code, and the widespread use of the insider system. PAGG was one of the first shows for GZ & they were using it as a test run to work out the bugs. They’ll get it locked down.

But GZ is a winner! I heard no complaints at all from other players. Lots of excitement to play. Destroy the world & rack up points & become King of the Monsters! Hell yeah! You’ve got a winner here Stern!

D37D52F7-9577-4855-96DB-E699AE8032F3 (resized).jpegD37D52F7-9577-4855-96DB-E699AE8032F3 (resized).jpeg
#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Any updates from your distro?

As of a week ago, they said 2-3 weeks out but that was before we saw LEs on the line. I’ll check in Monday and report back. I use Mike at Automated in CT.

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, that's where they're likely to tidy up the code for quicker magnet releases, right now it holds the ball for what seems like several seconds, they could knock that way down, especially when it's the 2nd+ time doing it the same game.

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

As of a week ago, they said 2-3 weeks out but that was before we saw LEs on the line. I’ll check in Monday and report back. I use Mike at Automated in CT.

Sounds good I am waiting for Mike's call too. This game is going to be awesome can't wait. Huge Godzilla fan. I got this for a temporary topper.

20211005_101531 (resized).jpg20211005_101531 (resized).jpg
#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m surprised that they didn’t use the AIQ banana ramp on the right to make the ramp more makeable from the upper. Maybe it didn’t help enough
Those that have played the pro, what did you think of trying to make the ramp shot with the upper flipper? Impossible? Also, how about the non-shot to the left of the building? Is that weird?
Can’t wait to get my LE

I thought the same thing, I really want this shot to be makable.

#1283 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the new games will require wifi for code updates?…or can you still do it the old fashioned way? There is no wifi at my location which is…LAME

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Does anyone know if the new games will require wifi for code updates?…or can you still do it the old fashioned way? There is no wifi at my location which is…LAME

I don't think they've specified it as a requirement, but if it was a necessity, could you tether it to a smart phone for the patch?

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not required

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Sounds good I am waiting for Mike's call too. This game is going to be awesome can't wait. Huge Godzilla fan. I got this for a temporary topper.
[quoted image]

Where did you find this?

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Where did you find this?

Here's the link.

NNHCSBC LED Night Lights,Cartoon Table Lamp,1200mA Godzilla Silicone Night Light Dinosaur Bedside Lamp Rechargeable Atmosphere Light for Kids Bedside https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097XTG8J3/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_YSD1KYYQN7Y7M3KQXNHE

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I thought the same thing, I really want this shot to be makable.

Looks like maybe flipper strength needs to be maxed? Hoping it is a repeatable shot

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Yeah, that's where they're likely to tidy up the code for quicker magnet releases, right now it holds the ball for what seems like several seconds, they could knock that way down, especially when it's the 2nd+ time doing it the same game.

I noticed that on the launch stream but it looks like it needs to hold it long enough for the ball to stop moving. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of the magnet ie. to hold the ball for a controlled release to the flipper. Not sure how long they can shorten the hold before the release becomes random.

#1291 2 years ago

Allegedly, according to my distributor, Premiums are scheduled to begin production the week of 10/18. Whether it’s 10/18 or 10/22 or somewhere in between remains to be seen. Still that likely means some will ship the week of 10/25 and/or 11/1. So barring an issue I would bet we will see some premiums in early November.

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I noticed that on the launch stream but it looks like it needs to hold it long enough for the ball to stop moving. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of the magnet ie. to hold the ball for a controlled release to the flipper. Not sure how long they can shorten the hold before the release becomes random.

I'd rather figure out a way to cool, than change the dynamics of the code for its intensions, even if I have to purchase a cooling mod.
Just my humble opinion

#1293 2 years ago

I've not been this excited to get a game on location for customers since Deadpool!
My plan with any new Stern I get is that I want them on location for the rest of my life.
Godzilla Pro 100% is one of those games.

#1294 2 years ago

Is it just me or does the building during the intro of MB go down a little then back up and then it drops down for good? Why does it go down a little but then rise back up? I would think it should just come down since it’s simulating the building crashing down to the ground

#1295 2 years ago

For those of you who have played GZ already, do you think this pin would benefit from Pin Stadium lighting? It is hard to tell just looking at the videos that have been posted. Thanks for your thoughts.

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is it just me or does the building during the intro of MB go down a little then back up and then it drops down for good? Why does it go down a little but then rise back up? I would think it should just come down since it’s simulating the building crashing down to the ground

I'm guessing because it's a more dramatic effect to see the building drop from its highest position, all the way down.

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I'm guessing because it's a more dramatic effect to see the building drop from its highest position, all the way down.

Or it needs to fully cycle to get to heighth needed

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

For those of you who have played GZ already, do you think this pin would benefit from Pin Stadium lighting? It is hard to tell just looking at the videos that have been posted. Thanks for your thoughts.

No - all the modern games have ample lighting. Plus there are plenty of lighting effects I wouldn’t want screwed up

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

The lighting on the pro seems pretty good although I played it in an area with tons of high windows and plenty of sun. I’d say just wait till you get it in your house and decide if you want more lighting. Does not seem like the turnaround on pinstadiums is very long.

#1300 2 years ago

Have a premium on order. First run. Hoping to get it before Christmas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/26?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.