75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 30.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Redundant thread OP. I already did a hype thread. Adding official to it doesn’t change anything

Judging by the title in the URL created for this thread it's just a placeholder for the official owners thread which everyone wants to be the first to start

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group

#52 2 years ago

anyone know the production schedule in terms of which model will be on the line first?

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

anyone know the production schedule in terms of which model will be on the line first?

Usually its some pro's then LE's, premiums last. I would guess similar again. They want to get location games out I would imagine with the online piece.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pros to go into shipping containers for Europe and Australia first, and a few for location to US operators. Then LEs. Then back to Pros for US buyers, and then Premiums.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Didn't you play a few games of Mando at my place? Unfortunately a tournament setting isnt great on it. You've gotta get familiar with the rules and have a plan with how you want to attack that game. It helps to be a fan of the series, but I really like Mando. I do think Godzilla is going to crush it though.

I only got one practice game. Nobody actually picked it for ANY of my matches! I didn't pick it because I didn't, and don't, know jack about the rules. I like the show. It's not my favorite, as I'm more of a Trek person, but for Star Wars, it's really good.

I wanted to take your Stranger Things LE home with me, though. Man...I already was liking the pro from playing it at Free Play league, but that ball lock is SICK, and the projector stuff is great.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone gotten street prices? The MSRPs are pretty crazy.

Pretty sure the street price at least on the LE is MSRP

#57 2 years ago

Looks great!

#58 2 years ago

Game looks good, price does not.

#59 2 years ago

I love that it includes the Blue Oyster Cult song Godzilla.

#60 2 years ago

I feel you! I'm glad I got my Stranger Things when I did. It was $9k with a topper and already decked out with a bunch of mods I already wanted. Why they're now $12k-$14k I don't understand, but I do really enjoy that game. Next time you're here you'll have to put a few more on Mando. For a good player who can hit the ramps and narrow shots on the right, it has a lot of fun speedy combos. It's polarizing and I can see why people don't love it. I just nerd out on the theme.

Quoted from Frax:

I only got one practice game. Nobody actually picked it for ANY of my matches! I didn't pick it because I didn't, and don't, know jack about the rules. I like the show. It's not my favorite, as I'm more of a Trek person, but for Star Wars, it's really good.
I wanted to take your Stranger Things LE home with me, though. Man...I already was liking the pro from playing it at Free Play league, but that ball lock is SICK, and the projector stuff is great.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Shit, where the hell did you buy one already?

Have to get on lists. Was on it a year ago. I also buy a ton of pins so normally dealers love this and deal more.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I feel you! I'm glad I got my Stranger Things when I did. It was $9k with a topper and already decked out with a bunch of mods I already wanted. Why they're now $12k-$14k I don't understand, but I do really enjoy that game. Next time you're here you'll have to put a few more on Mando. For a good player who can hit the ramps and narrow shots on the right, it has a lot of fun speedy combos. It's polarizing and I can see why people don't love it. I just nerd out on the theme.

Just say the word when... lol. It's worth the drive.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Most of the time I think LEs are barely an upgrade over a pro, but this time the LE has soooooo much more.
It looks good. Can't wait to see more.

As usual the LE stuff is all cosmetic. Armor. Dumb signatures. Shit like that. I don't get all the hype around LE's. Save 2 grand and get a premium.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

E-Mail from GEX says Premiums in November and Pros end of October. LE just says "sold out in 90 seconds" lol

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

As usual the LE stuff is all cosmetic. Armor. Dumb signatures. Shit like that. I don't get all the hype around LE's. Save 2 grand and get a premium.

Actually $1500 and I do think the foil cabinet art on the LE is awesome and the mirrored back glass, shaker, upgraded sound, custom armor and ivisiglass are nice as well!

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Actually $1500 and I do think the foil art on the LE is awesome and the mirrored back glass, shaker, upgraded sound and ivisiglass are nice as well

meh

#67 2 years ago

The reality is that they are all over priced, it’s a freaking toy that costs 7$ to $10 thousand dollars, so logic and reason left the building a long time ago!

#68 2 years ago

it's a moot point about LEs because apparently no one was able to buy one

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It's literally got its own art package.

#70 2 years ago

Here's a side-by-side of Pro vs Premium/LE layouts

Stern Godzilla, Pro vs Premium - Original images from sternpinball.comStern Godzilla, Pro vs Premium - Original images from sternpinball.com

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It's literally got its own art package.

meh. just cosmetic. I don't play the art. Hell I can barely see the art on most games cause they are all lined up side by side. Game play is freaking identical which is like 99% of what pinball is all about

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah the layout looks to really take from his other titles - which is fine Bc they are great games. First one from him though where I didn’t say wow that’s different. It all seems very familiar.

The building acts like the file cabinet in X-Files with the exception that multiball starts from that building, the shots associated with it are somewhat reminiscent of the Shadow as well, some JP additions with the spiral ramp and that left magnetic shot similar to the newton ball with the Jeep, etc

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone gotten street prices? The MSRPs are pretty crazy.

$8699 to your door on the premium

#74 2 years ago

Man pinball is like nuts these days. Im scared to see what is going to happen with BTTF. But I always rush into these machines and then days later find them cheaper on pinside anyways.
Im not going to stress this time . Take that Stern!

#75 2 years ago

at 0:46 in the video, looks like the left ramp is a vertical one like JP and AIQ. The way it's positioned though it really interesting. Should funnel into it well. I hope it's easy enough to shoot as far back as it is.

#76 2 years ago

the rotating turntable with the jump-ramp into mechgodzilla is such a great design choice, reminds me of GoldenEye satellite shot.
The up/down building will remind everyone of Doctor Who.
The collapsing bridge is a cool diverter effect.
I think it's nifty they got the actor from the Jurassic Park controlroom to play the promo video for this one.
The 180 left ramp shot looks cool (shades of deadpool to make the ramp happen after the bend) but I wonder if it will need a lot of dialing in, considering some of the trouble people had with the 2 180 ramps on JP.

#77 2 years ago

The game looks fantastic!
I'll probably snag myself a premium and add custom armor and blades later. Plus, save some cash for the forthcoming high-dollar topper.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

The 360 left ramp shot looks cool (shades of deadpool to make the ramp happen after the bend) but I wonder if it will need a lot of dialing in, considering some of the trouble people had with the 2 360 ramps on JP.

I think you mean 180 ramp but I'm also wondering about dialing that shot in. The Black Panther to ramp shot on AIQ is right on the cusp of consistency. This Left Orbit/Ramp shot goes a shorter distance but then it has to really fight gravity. I'm sure the shot has been extensively tested though, so I'm sure it will work smoothly.

#79 2 years ago

A few better pictures and good article here.. Front of the LE cabinet looks beautiful
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4269
5D19571E-4E02-401F-AAAA-C63222B6BEE6 (resized).jpeg5D19571E-4E02-401F-AAAA-C63222B6BEE6 (resized).jpegDE8A8AEF-87CA-472A-BCB9-1B77F11B5FDE (resized).pngDE8A8AEF-87CA-472A-BCB9-1B77F11B5FDE (resized).png

#80 2 years ago

Game looks good, but I did not love the audio.. I guess that is the Godzilla theme song…. Looking forward to hearing the the full audio pkg.

#81 2 years ago

Looks like some creativity and new shots and features finally

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yeah it’s been so long since Mando game out.

#83 2 years ago

From a design standpoint, this is exactly what I love to see.

Three fully animating interactive toys with change-states.
-The breaking bridge...looks cool, fits the theme, changes where shots go.
-The building...looks cool, fits theme, mixes up gameplay & is a cool MB lock/MB start
-The rotating target & Mecha-Godzilla...looks cool, fits theme, gives you multiple gameplay elements in one area, ramp-flying bash toys are fun.

...and on top of that, this new type of Newton Magnet. 3 well thought out, interactive animating mechs & a new innovative feature.

Art is gorgeous, Yeti always kills it!

Bravo to Keith & team!

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

From a design standpoint, this is exactly what I love to see.
Three fully animating interactive toys with change-states.
-The breaking bridge...looks cool, fits the theme, changes where shots go.
-The building...looks cool, fits theme, mixes up gameplay & is a cool MB lock/MB start
-The rotating target & Mecha-Godzilla...looks cool, fits theme, gives you multiple gameplay elements in one area, ramp-flying bash toys are fun.
...and on top of that, this new type of Newton Magnet. 3 well thought out, interactive animating mechs & a new innovative feature.
Art is gorgeous, Yeti always kills it!
Bravo to Keith & team!

I agree. The game is chock full of mechs. Excited to see Jack's stream at the end of the week.

#85 2 years ago

my only negative note is the shot to the right of the newton magnet, to the left of the tower, looks SO TIGHT.
But since it doesn't have inserts, it's probably mostly just an exit

#86 2 years ago

Definitely would have liked to see the Mechagodzilla mech make it's way to the Pro because the jump ramp looks like a fun IMDN callback, but I understand how then you kinda also have to have the sculpted Godzilla. Just feels like a pretty wide disparity in Pro vs. Premium. It's business and all that and I wasn't a buyer on this one anyway, but it doesn't give me the feel-goods about where things are trending for future Pro vs. Premium setups.

That said, it looks like another killer Elwin shooter, I will be dropping some location coins/QR scans/whatever for sure.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

my only negative note is the shot to the right of the newton magnet, to the left of the tower, looks SO TIGHT.
But since it doesn't have inserts, it's probably mostly just an exit

Every shot in JP is tight…but it’s sooo satisfying when you make them, especially combos.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every shot in JP is tight…but it’s sooo satisfying when you make them, especially combos.

I'm hoping this shoots more like maiden than jurassic. To me, maiden just shot much smoother, not as tight. Then again, maybe I'm just not good enuf!

#89 2 years ago

The art looks well-drawn and the colors are certainly popping...but why do all the Stern machines (and lots of other manufacturer's games, I suppose) all sorta look the same? I keep waiting for a dramatically different or unexpected art package, but nothing recently really seems to stand out in that way.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm hoping this shoots more like maiden than jurassic. To me, maiden just shot much smoother, not as tight. Then again, maybe I'm just not good enuf!

JP is def a game for better players. No judgment…I can see how people would get frustrated with it. I’m at a point with it now where I’m really tuned into the geometry, and it’s mostly just combo combo combo flow flow flow. I had a crazy game yesterday & my arms were numb after lol. I still can’t get much further than the T-Rex paddock….so even tho I feel like I’m good at it, I’m not that good.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

The art looks well-drawn and the colors are certainly popping...but why do all the Stern machines (and lots of other manufacturer's games, I suppose) all sorta look the same? I keep waiting for a dramatically different or unexpected art package, but nothing recently really seems to stand out in that way.

LZ prem

#92 2 years ago

Do these prices mean all NIB now going forward are the same ? I’m glad I got my LZprem when I did Whew.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

JP is def a game for better players. No judgment…I can see how people would get frustrated with it. I’m at a point with it now where I’m really tuned into the geometry, and it’s mostly just combo combo combo flow flow flow. I had a crazy game yesterday & my arms were numb after lol. I still can’t get much further than the T-Rex paddock….so even tho I feel like I’m good at it, I’m not that good.

Great game, if I was more into theme id of kept even tho it pissed me off to play. But, only room for 7 pins so it was sacrificed. Was satisfying when I did get into a combo groove,,,

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Do these prices mean all NIB now going forward are the same ? I’m glad I got my LZprem when I did Whew.

Stern never lowers their prices.

Hopefully this means we'll see more cool shit in games going forward. Zep is barren, Godzilla has 3 crazy mechs and creative design. At least we know that Elwin games will BRING IT.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hopefully this means we'll see more cool shit in games going forward. Zep is barren, Godzilla has 3 crazy mechs and creative design. At least we know that Elwin games will BRING IT.

True, Elwin does not disappoint!

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

True, Elwin does not disappoint!

I'M IN THE ELWIN CULT NOW!!!!

Time to sell a bunch of games and get a Maiden & AIQ, I guess ....haha.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh I agree ,Elwins games are my favorite .I like the random depths of shots all over the board .LZ is no slouch though .I thought that upon seeing it but now that I have one I can’t stop playing it .Anyway it’s nice to have soooo many options of playing styles .Cheers to you I’m leaning on getting one trying bit to decide what I will sell .This is the tough part .

#98 2 years ago

My Distributor hooked me up, in on an LE

#99 2 years ago

anybody clear on what the lane to the left of the upper flipper leads to? Maybe it loops around back to the upper flipper on a solid hit. I’m also wondering if it’s possible to hit the lane below the pop bumper with the left flipper - I’m guessing not.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Looking at the playfield, I think there are a couple of new creative shots off the upper flipper.

In addition to that normal "back-around" looping shot (in Green), we may be able to hit Mechagodzilla off the jump ramp when the rotary drum is sideways (in Red).

Also, looks like the "Tail Whip" insert is describing the shot across that will go down around the pop bumper and shoot out at the LH sling (in Yellow).

Godzilla 3rd shots (resized).jpgGodzilla 3rd shots (resized).jpg

Elwin is a damn genius.....

Later,
EV

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Laguna Niguel, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Denver, CO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 210.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.