75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 30.
#901 2 years ago

The Premium/LE video is awesome. What a cool game!

#902 2 years ago

That feature video sure makes it seem like you're bashing the building.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I used to own a Doctor Who. There are obvious comparisons here to the Godzilla building & the Time Expander mechs.

Me too...and having torn it apart to fix it let's hope this is easier!

#904 2 years ago

Have a premium on order like many others. Question on that magnet on the upper left. Can the magnet throw the ball across the playfield or anywhere else? Or does it just drop the ball after catching to set up a 3rd flipper shot? I swear that video showed the magnet throwing the ball up into the building area but also think that might just be two different shots that link together on the video

#905 2 years ago

Man that is one of the most bare pro's ever. It looks like an amazing layout and I'm sure it will be fun to shoot. But 7k is A LOT for such a simple game mechanically.

I have to say the mechagodzilla spinner shot into the tailwhip lane looks very satisfying. I also think the pro art is the best.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Me too...and having torn it apart to fix it let's hope this is easier!

It's similar in up/down motion, but definitely looks simpler in design. The Time Expander has 2 locks, a standup target, lights, a ton of opto targets, 3 entrances with doors, a subway feed....that thing is crazy. I'm not sure if there are any switches or lights inside the Godzilla building....there might just be external switches that let the game know what position it's in. Each floor has different ramp paths, but that's static. It looks like the ball release is just pushed up by something when it lowers, I don't think that's motorized.

#907 2 years ago

When is Deadflip streaming the PRO?
Is Stern deliberately delaying the PRO stream to maximize Premium pre-orders?

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Man that is one of the most bare pro's ever. It looks like an amazing layout and I'm sure it will be fun to shoot. But 7k is A LOT for such a simple game mechanically.
I have to say the mechagodzilla spinner shot into the tailwhip lane looks very satisfying. I also think the pro art is the best.

I kind of like the pro, not a lot missing except for the toys. I am getting the LE but I would not dismiss the pro on this one.

#909 2 years ago

I like the bridge action seen in the promo.

Here's something funny, in Japan they have a road that does run through a building, seems like the ramps/bridge is a nod to that.

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I kind of like the pro, not a lot missing except for the toys. I am getting the LE but I would not dismiss the pro on this one.

Pro looks good, my comment is more about the value for $

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

When is Deadflip streaming the PRO?
Is Stern deliberately delaying the PRO stream to maximize Premium pre-orders?

Stern can't keep up with orders and is selling pins as fast as they can make them.

I doubt they are delaying a pro stream for diabolical reasons.

They print money no matter which version you order.

I am sure Dead Flip will stream a pro as soon as he can get his hands on one.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The pro is pretty empty in comparison to the Pre/LE, but it could have some really great flow. Looking forwarding to playing it on route in the next week to two.

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The pro is pretty empty in comparison to the Pre/LE, but it could have some really great flow. Looking forwarding to playing it on route in the next week to two.

Agreed, its missing a lot compared to the Prem/LE. But when I look at other Stern pros its pretty loaded (*cough cough LZ *cough cough). I mean 3 spinners on a pro is awesome. Plus you're getting all metal ramps (*cough cough MANDO *cough cough)

#914 2 years ago

Not official, but I think Dead Flip will be getting a premium to stream rather than a pro. Seems to be the recent trend.

#915 2 years ago

I like the right spinner, mini loop shot with fixed stand ups on the pro. Mini loop keeps the ball moving.

#916 2 years ago

Any pros shipped yet?

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like the right spinner, mini loop shot with fixed stand ups on the pro. Mini loop keeps the ball moving.

Obviously with no playtime - I think I may prefer the Pro right spinner shot.

I think it's a decent Pro setup - Keith confirmed in another thread asking about the "bash toy" aspect of the building that you bash the building by hitting the blue rubber nubs of death for 1x damage (opto detects the hit), and a clean shot through the building does 2x and sets up the upper flipper shot off the magna grab. That bash function is including on the Pro. So that is some decent interaction with the building on the Pro plus the magna grab. I think it'll be petty fun...

Here's that thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-on-godzilla-bash-toy-building-feature

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

That was EXACTLY how I felt. I heard it was Godzilla and I just was not excited. Then I watched the gameplay and was pretty impressed, and decided that I had to try it. Turns out the delay cost me! LOL.
You never know... maybe people will drop out.

I just don't see people dropping out on this pin, unlike the other new release. I think this will be a highly desirable pin, like jp and maiden both are.

#919 2 years ago
18740D17-0BB8-4647-9027-5C0DE4D0FED4 (resized).jpeg18740D17-0BB8-4647-9027-5C0DE4D0FED4 (resized).jpeg
#920 2 years ago

Monster madness Hype.. Godzilla is coming !!!!!!!!
get hyped at 1:14

#921 2 years ago

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yep, agreed. The pro model looks like it will have great flow. And that shot in particular looks great. I might even prefer the pro version of that shot, as opposed to the premium magnetic catch which slows the ball.

#923 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Yep, agreed. The pro model looks like it will have great flow. And that shot in particular looks great. I might even prefer the pro version of that shot, as opposed to the premium magnetic catch which slows the ball.

The rotating mech seems cool but I almost thing it would have been better as a simple raiseable jump ramp. My thinking being, shooting it and hitting Mechagodzilla then rotating and hitting targets then rotating back to hit Mechagodzilla one more time seems odd. It would almost be better if it started as target bank and only rotated to start Mechagodzilla and then stayed like that during the MB. But then you'd miss out on that sweet, sweet spinner action most of the time. I definitely see the Pro being a solid option for this machine overall but I do tend to hope for that with each release.

#924 2 years ago

In Spain today the pro is presented at a fair in Barcelona.

#925 2 years ago

Has anyone heard of their distribution got allocation quantities yet? Curious if ill be getting mine in October or next year.

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The rotating mech seems cool but I almost thing it would have been better as a simple raiseable jump ramp. My thinking being, shooting it and hitting Mechagodzilla then rotating and hitting targets then rotating back to hit Mechagodzilla one more time seems odd. It would almost be better if it started as target bank and only rotated to start Mechagodzilla and then stayed like that during the MB. But then you'd miss out on that sweet, sweet spinner action most of the time. I definitely see the Pro being a solid option for this machine overall but I do tend to hope for that with each release.

Drop targets that revealed a ramp could have done the trick.. but it's cool as is .

#927 2 years ago

Just got confirmation that I AM on the 1st run of premiums. SWEET. can't wait till next month

#928 2 years ago

This game is going to kick ass. Been waiting on this theme for a while. I was lucky to get a LE locked in when it dropped and sad to have to sell my creature to make it happen. Been a big Godzilla fan since I was young. My distributor said should ship out in 3 weeks , let’s get this 3 weeks over already.

#929 2 years ago

I was told today by my distrib that Stern has said pros are not ready to ship just yet. I’m guessing in the next two weeks.

Quoted from Kenswift:

Has anyone heard of their distribution got allocation quantities yet? Curious if ill be getting mine in October or next year.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

mine told me end of october for my premium, as of today.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I was told today by my distrib that Stern has said pros are not ready to ship just yet. I’m guessing in the next two weeks.

If pros are not ready to ship add 2-4 weeks to LE and Prem guesstimates.

Realistically probably Late Oct for LEs.

Late Nov. Early Dec for Premiums

Hoping sooner, let's see how this post ages.

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Realistically probably Late Oct for LEs.

I was told second half of October for my LE last week. If that was accurate… no way premiums will be shipping before November at the soonest.

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I was told second half of October for my LE last week. If that was accurate… no way premiums will be shipping before November at the soonest.

I was told today by my distributor that my premium will be shipped last week of October, 1st week of November

#934 2 years ago

I was told between Oct 12th-28th by distro for my LE

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Any pros shipped yet?

As a location we still dont have a ship date yet. I wonder if insider connected is the hold up. I am also a software engineer and I wonder if they are ready to roll out a system to the public. Insider Connected might have worked well when isolated to employees but when you scale to the public is might be a mess.

#936 2 years ago

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where you can get the t-Shirt (Houseball - Pinball banned in 50 states) that KE is wearing in the reveal video. A Google search finds people wearing it, but no shop.

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

As a location we still dont have a ship date yet. I wonder if insider connected is the hold up. I am also a software engineer and I wonder if they are ready to roll out a system to the public. Insider Connected might have worked well when isolated to employees but when you scale to the public is might be a mess.

There's always a chance for growing pains in any new system deployment, but they have been working on this for a few years now. The load isn't going to be significant at start anyhow since only 1 game (Godzilla) will be supported. It will be a gradual ramp up for sure as more Godzilla ship, older games are onboarded and kits are made available. I think what we hear of their rollout plan seems fairly sound.

I spent a lot of time this/last year rolling out an enterprise solution using QR codes and phone application. Third party, but it works rather well and is extremely easy to use.

Rob

#939 2 years ago

Our NZ distributor is saying Godzilla pro's are on the water

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Agreed, its missing a lot compared to the Prem/LE. But when I look at other Stern pros its pretty loaded (*cough cough LZ *cough cough). I mean 3 spinners on a pro is awesome. Plus you're getting all metal ramps (*cough cough MANDO *cough cough)

It looks like a Pro, it’s not loaded. Compare it to TMNT, BKSOR, AIQ, STh, DP, IMDN, etc. Those games all had more for $1000+ less. Black Knight Pro has 2 spinners, a magnet, 2 VUKs, 3 Pops, metal, 3 drop targets, and a giant interactive toy.

I’m 100% positive the Pro will be fun but it is not loaded. We need to accept that it will just be a flow game with almost no ball interaction. People love IMDN Pro and it’s not loaded but I would say it has more than GZ Pro.

#941 2 years ago

Elwins pros are all great. I don’t want a toy, I want a game and he always delivers. The extra toys and mechs are definitely cool but I can live without them at the additional cost. The prices all around are tough to swallow but my games all go on location and pay themselves down…so it’s not a deal breaker for me. And as far as home buyers go…the games don’t lose value.

Quoted from Waxx:

It looks like a Pro, it’s not loaded. Compare it to TMNT, BKSOR, AIQ, STh, DP, IMDN, etc. Those games all had more for $1000+ less. Black Knight Pro has 2 spinners, a magnet, 2 VUKs, 3 Pops, metal, 3 drop targets, and a giant interactive toy.
I’m 100% positive the Pro will be fun but it is not loaded. We need to accept that it will just be a flow game with almost no ball interaction. People love IMDN Pro and it’s not loaded but I would say it has more than GZ Pro.

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Elwins pros are all great. I don’t want a toy, I want a game and he always delivers. The extra toys and mechs are definitely cool but I can live without them at the additional cost. The prices all around are tough to swallow but my games all go on location and pay themselves down…so it’s not a deal breaker for me. And as far as home buyers go…the games don’t lose value.

I completely agree and my only point is I don’t understand the Pro “loaded” comments.

#943 2 years ago

I’m really not that excited about Insider Connect. I understand there’s supposed to be more added to it in the future. Has there been a forum/thread started.

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Has there been a forum/thread started.

You've been on here for 6 years. It's not that hard to find. There's a search function. At least be arsed to put in a minimum of effort.

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You've been on here for 6 years. It's not that hard to find. There's a search function. At least be arsed to put in a minimum of effort.

I agree thanks. I was being lazy running out the door going to work.

#946 2 years ago

Who is making the mods?
I’m ready to upgrade all of the cheap bits when my LE is delivered sometime prior to Halloween.

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from bestbrad:

Not official, but I think Dead Flip will be getting a premium to stream rather than a pro. Seems to be the recent trend.

They already did the stream on the premium a couple of weeks ago

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I completely agree and my only point is I don’t understand the Pro “loaded” comments.

Are you talking about this guy? Pretty sure the "cough cough" was meant to indicate sarcasm,....

Quoted from CashMoney:

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

They already did the stream on the premium a couple of weeks ago

I believe he is meaning that Deadflip will receive a Premium model for his Chicago studio where he streams games on Twitch.

#950 2 years ago

Double post, sorry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/19?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.