75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 30.
#751 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

Reading all the "discussion" about software and owning your pinball machine. Stern makes it very clear in their EULA (End User License Agreement) exactly where they stand. You of course have the option to return your game for a refund if you don't agree. I'm fairly certain shipping would NOT be included. Since 99.9% of the people never even glance at any of the EULA's they pretty much automatically agree to I copied a small portion of Stern's below for anyone who is interested.
LICENSE. Stern Pinball hereby grants You a nonexclusive, non-transferable, limited, and revocable right and license to use one copy of the Stern Pinball Software and Authorized Content and any Authorized Update solely for your personal use, or that of your patrons and customers if you are a commercial entity, for playing a single Stern Pinball Machine. The Stern Pinball Software, Authorized Content and Authorized Updates are licensed, not sold, to You, and no ownership rights are transferred by this Agreement. The Stern Pinball Software Authorized Content and Authorized Updates are protected by U.S. and international copyright. All rights not explicitly granted to you in this Agreement are reserved by Stern Pinball.
As a condition to this Stern Pinball Software license, You agree that:
You will not copy, reproduce, alter, replace, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, create derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Stern Pinball hardware or Stern Pinball Software or any Authorized Update, in whole or in part; and will not commercially exploit any of the foregoing.
You will not use or install any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software. Use of Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software may result in your Stern Pinball Machine ceasing to work permanently and/or losing access to Stern Pinball’s online game network, either immediately or after a later installed Authorized Update.
You will not create, develop, distribute or assist anyone else in creating, developing or distributing any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software intended for use with a Stern Pinball Machine, whether to add to or modify the gameplay, any audio content (whether music, sound or voice), or any video content of any Stern Pinball Machine, or to gain advantage in any online or other game modes, or otherwise.

Just like we are not going to read this post either

#752 2 years ago

You buy a game, it's definitely yours. However, the warranty (and coverage) using modded company code other than what's provided goes out the window once you start tinkering for however long the warranty (if one) lasts. This is also why they've made it difficult to roll code back without breaking node boards with current games and updates.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

You buy a game, it's definitely yours. However, the warranty (and coverage) using modded company code other than what's provided goes out the window once you start tinkering for however long the warranty (if one) lasts. This is also why they've made it difficult to roll code back without breaking node boards with current games and updates.

This can generally apply for home settings. Like others have mentioned, its the moment a pin is set in a "for profit" location with custom code where its not "yours" to do whatever you want with it.

#754 2 years ago

Can you doofuses make a dedicated thread for this topic instead of cluttering up the GZ hype thread?

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

OK so LEs hitting the line first week of October. They do like a 1000 a week now right?

Confirmed this morning our LE's will arrive Second week in October ( as currently scheduled, of course ) and we should receive our Premiums by 3rd / 4th week at the latest of October. Second run of Pro's after that....

#756 2 years ago

This just in... Godzilla pinball looks awesome!!!

Godzilla_06-300x225 (resized).jpgGodzilla_06-300x225 (resized).jpg
#757 2 years ago

You will not copy, reproduce, alter, replace, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, create derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Stern Pinball hardware or Stern Pinball Software or any Authorized Update, in whole or in part; and will not commercially exploit any of the foregoing.

About the only part of this section of the EULA that's actually enforceable to the best of my knowledge is the commercial exploitation part.

They can put anything they want in that EULA....doesn't mean it's going to hold up in a court, and I've never heard of Stern suing anyone. I believe they did sent someone a C&D a good while back on some toppers or something?

Almost certainly this is meant to ward off operators from running custom code. If Stern DOES go after someone, it's going to either be the guys making the tools and data sets (Cleland or the guy that codes PinBrowser)..... or ops. Not home users.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Can you doofuses make a dedicated thread for this topic instead of cluttering up the GZ hype thread?

Well, since you asked so nicely....

No.

#758 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I was thinking the same thing there was also a point where Keith just walked out wonder if he was about to trigger something.

I'd guess Elwin didn't want to show off the entire game by crushing it on the table's first public viewing, or just walked away due to time. Maybe Gary gave him a "OK, that's enough" sign off camera, who knows

I'd guess the final wizard mode(s) probably aren't done yet either, similar to JP and AIQ code states at first release.

Quoted from robotgreg:

Does anyone know if there is a Mechagodzilla mulitball in the Pro given there is no mechanism/sculpture for it? Maybe through x number of loops where Mechahodzilla would be in Premium/LE?

I would say yes, since the Pro has similar stand-up targets and what looks like three "Defense Web Barrier" inserts near the spinner. It looks like Stern put a Premium/LE rules card on the Pro apron for the website shots. Either that, or they only have one rules card and missed the fact that the Pro doesn't have rotary targets. It looks like the same part number on both cards on their website:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Godzilla-Pro-Details-Ambient-2-kjnfae-scaled-960x640.webp
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Godzilla-Premium-Details-Strobe-2-3fadfda-scaled-960x640.webp

I'm guessing it's the same mode start process either way: Shoot the spinner X times, hit the targets X times, shoot the spinner again to start the MB. The difference being the Prem/LEs have the rotating bank and ramp to the magnet catch before dropping into the tail whip lane on both models.

#759 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

It was sporatic and through out the video. It did break at one point, but it was close to the end, only for a few seconds, and the 2nd cam wasnt anywhere where you could see it broken easily. 1:39:13ish is when the actual bridge attack MB happens.

One time during the game the Bridge collapsed and drop the ball on the Magna Grab and then, the game shot out a 2nd ball and the magnet grab it also and the game went into a multiball.

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

“Unownable”.
Yeah…. No. Walking Dead is an amazing game with stock code. Better with the Cleland code? Maybe. I’ll give you that. But it doesn’t change anything. If Stern pays money for voices and other assets, they put fewer mechs on the playfield.
You can prefer one option or the other, but you can’t have both. Want to change it with after market code? Cool. Want to put that code on display for everyone to see, such that it becomes embarrassing for Stern? Not cool.

Can't afford to do both? Ghostbusters would like a word with you.

#761 2 years ago

Is the Mega Godzilla targets going to be super difficult to hit on the Pro? Looks like your going to have to hit them with the third flipper to destroy Mega G

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can't afford to do both? Ghostbusters would like a word with you.

Yeah, Ghostbusters was packed and included custom call outs from a main actor as well as some other assets “ok, who brought the dog?”.
It’s still the case though that the game designer has a budget and if they choose to spend it on licenced material, they have less to spend on the rest of the game.
Sure would be interesting to know how much each title cost them to make.

#764 2 years ago

Another one bites the premium dust here... can't wait (and need to stop watching the reveal vid)

#765 2 years ago

Does the premium come with a shaker motor?

#766 2 years ago

I’m hyped!

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Does the premium come with a shaker motor?

No. You have to buy one.

#768 2 years ago

Reading all the "discussion" about software and owning your pinball machine. Stern makes it very clear in their EULA (End User License Agreement) exactly where they stand. You of course have the option to return your game for a refund if you don't agree. I'm fairly certain shipping would NOT be included. Since 99.9% of the people never even glance at any of the EULA's they pretty much automatically agree to I copied a small portion of Stern's below for anyone who is interested.
LICENSE. Stern Pinball hereby grants You a nonexclusive, non-transferable, limited, and revocable right and license to use one copy of the Stern Pinball Software and Authorized Content and any Authorized Update solely for your personal use, or that of your patrons and customers if you are a commercial entity, for playing a single Stern Pinball Machine. The Stern Pinball Software, Authorized Content and Authorized Updates are licensed, not sold, to You, and no ownership rights are transferred by this Agreement. The Stern Pinball Software Authorized Content and Authorized Updates are protected by U.S. and international copyright. All rights not explicitly granted to you in this Agreement are reserved by Stern Pinball.
As a condition to this Stern Pinball Software license, You agree that:
You will not use or install any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software. Use of Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software may result in your Stern Pinball Machine ceasing to work permanently and/or losing access to Stern Pinball’s online game network, either immediately or after a later installed Authorized Update.
You will not create, develop, distribute or assist anyone else in creating, developing or distributing any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software intended for use with a Stern Pinball Machine, whether to add to or modify the gameplay, any audio content (whether music, sound or voice), or any video content of any Stern Pinball Machine, or to gain advantage in any online or other game modes, or otherwise.

People can write whatever they want but it doesn’t make it so. At the end of the day, Stern isn’t gonna do Jack shit if somebody alters a pin you own.

60C8E663-8CDE-4A39-80F0-A446BF0FF75C.gif60C8E663-8CDE-4A39-80F0-A446BF0FF75C.gif
#769 2 years ago

I'm sorry fellas. I didn't mean to start all this with modding the software. Maybe I will end up liking the Godzilla song during multi-ball once I have a few games under my premium.

#770 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Is the Mega Godzilla targets going to be super difficult to hit on the Pro? Looks like your going to have to hit them with the third flipper to destroy Mega G

This is my main concern regarding the pro. I think there are only two targets though and one looks hittable from lower left flipper.

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I'm sorry fellas. I didn't mean to start all this with modding the software. Maybe I will end up liking the Godzilla song during multi-ball once I have a few games under my premium.

It is going to have to grow on me as well. Not a big fan of the song at this point.

#772 2 years ago

Still can’t wait to get my hands on this but that back left Godzilla is still all….

14F86B48-8C61-4D94-9566-E15EBB883952 (resized).jpeg14F86B48-8C61-4D94-9566-E15EBB883952 (resized).jpeg
#773 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It is going to have to grow on me as well. Not a big fan of the song at this point.

To be honest, im not a big fan of it either. Its ok. But,, the lead-in to the start of multiball is fantastic. The guitar riffs , with a pinwoofer or sub are going to sound more amazing than they do now. Stern nailed this multiball. Is it October yet??

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from CthulhuTilted:

This is my main concern regarding the pro. I think there are only two targets though and one looks hittable from lower left flipper.

I gotta be honest pro on this one is weak ...unless you just love the theme.

#775 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Still can’t wait to get my hands on this but that back left Godzilla is still all….[quoted image]

If Godzilla and a dachshund had a baby....

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

To be honest, im not a big fan of it either. Its ok. But,, the lead-in to the start of multiball is fantastic. The guitar riffs , with a pinwoofer or sub are going to sound more amazing than they do now. Stern nailed this multiball. Is it October yet??

I think the song goes great with the machine. However, if you don’t like or it gets old you can turn it off in settings

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I think the song goes great with the machine. However, if you don’t like or it gets old you can turn it off in settings

No. I like it. I meant that's its not my favorite song, but its implemented so well, I dont think it could of been done better !!

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Has it been confirmed that you can disable the BOC multiball song in settings? That's the first I've heard of this.

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If Godzilla and a dachshund had a baby....

IMG_0411 (resized).JPGIMG_0411 (resized).JPG
#780 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Still can’t wait to get my hands on this but that back left Godzilla is still all….[quoted image]

Accurate and better looking actually

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Has it been confirmed that you can disable the BOC multiball song in settings? That's the first I've heard of this.

It would be great if this is true. Not because I hate the song, but to avoid DMCA issues with table audio. I have to play JP with the music attenuation maxed for the same reason.

Quoted from CthulhuTilted:

Definitely only two targets on the Pro. There's two on this picture, note the left target Mechagodzilla's arm on the plastic is "pointing" at:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Godzilla-Pro-Details-Strobe-27-kn3ra-scaled-960x640.webp

The same target is visible in this picture with a clearer picture of a metal guide rail to the left of the target:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Godzilla-Pro-Details-Strobe-25-kmdaf-scaled-960x640.webp

It looks like all three of the flippers can hit the bottom target, although I agree that the top target may require an upper flipper shot. Maybe the upper target with a glancing shot from the left flipper, although it would be a pretty low percentage attempt.

I'm curious how many of those target hits from the upper flipper will end up rebounding SDTM on the Pro.

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What is the lead in song to multiball? Smells Like Teen Spirit? I'd be okay with that.

#783 2 years ago

The pro I am sorry is a waste of money. They took way too much out. Might as well be a home pin version. Premium or nothing on this one IMO for home use only. Should have handled this like EHOH, no pro version.

#784 2 years ago

I would disagree about the pro. The mechs in the game aren't that important and are rarely used from what I saw in the video. They are all tied to multiballs. The mech that gets the most play is the Magna Grab and it's in all versions. I think the Pro is worth it for the ramps and layout alone. Sure you will miss seeing the cool effects for multiball but it doesn't really take away anything else. I think for being 2.2k cheaper, the pro it's still a solid game.

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I would disagree about the pro. The mechs in the game aren't that important and are rarely used from what I saw in the video. They are all tied to multiballs. The mech that gets the most play is the Magna Grab and it's in all versions. I think the Pro is worth it for the ramps and layout alone. Sure you will miss seeing the cool effects for multiball but it doesn't really take away anything else. I think for being 2.2k cheaper, the pro it's still a solid game.

he-chose-poorly-talk (resized).pnghe-chose-poorly-talk (resized).png

#786 2 years ago

The pro might be just fine like with DP or IM. We just don't know yet. Let's give it a chance.

#787 2 years ago

Pro for location is perfect. Get it first, less to break, makes the same amount of money, and has a faster ROI.

For home, the Premium looks like a great choice.

#788 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I'd actually be rather pleased with a kamata-kun statue in the back left...

#789 2 years ago

Even though I went premium, I strongly considered a pro. The shots are mostly the same, except you don't get the mechagodzilla turntable shot. Premium is amazing, but the pro will still play nearly as good.

#790 2 years ago

Has the pro stream been announced yet?

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'd actually be rather pleased with a kamata-kun statue in the back left...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#792 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

...or you don't think the fancy mechs justify another $1.2k+ ?

#793 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Not at all... Elwin has continued his legacy of making the most packed pros in the Stern lineup. It's just in this case, the premium/le just still has so much more.

People have already forgotten when Stern used to make a SPINNER a premium feature? Elwin put THREE on this pro.

#794 2 years ago

Pro shortcomings like the lack of figures, etc will be easily addressed in the aftermarket. I'm curious to see how much impact the ramp crossovers really have.

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not at all... Elwin has continued his legacy of making the most packed pros in the Stern lineup. It's just in this case, the premium/le just still has so much more.
People have already forgotten when Stern used to make a SPINNER a premium feature? Elwin put THREE on this pro.

*cough* LZ *cough*

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

[quoted image]

This would actually fit the game. Right tones with a touch of humor.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People have not forgotten this, as every "wow at least they included a SPINNER on the pro this time!!!!" post can attest to, despite the fact that spinners have been popping up on pros for years.

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People have not forgotten this, as every "wow at least they included a SPINNER on the pro this time!!!!" post can attest to, despite the fact that spinners have been popping up on pros for years.

OK...off topic I know...but I'd like to use this opportunity to remind everyone that BK:SoR pro has MORE spinners than the premium. LOL

Back on topic...GZ pro looks packed and will not be lacking in any way. But the prem/LE sure does add some juicy upgrades this time, and the extra money appears to be well worth it for those able or willing to upgrade. Nothing wrong with the pro though, it will shoot pretty darn similar. Nothing truly game changing here...but damn cool mechs for sure.

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

*cough* LZ *cough*

and nothing else...

Elwin's Pros continue to lead the pack with bringing bad-ass to the Pro Level. Maiden, JP, AIQ are all very complete and rich pros.

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

[quoted image]

How/Where do I get this? do you have a link?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/16?hl=rbradley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.