75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 30.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Completely disagree the music took this game to another level…

The music and sound is my reservation about this title.

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

All good.
Tried to watch Elwin scroll through settings.
Did we get confirmation yet that home users have option to disable the QR features or achievement pop ups?

Yes, you just unplug it!

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:The music and sound is my reservation about this title.

Sorry to hear that

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Maybe my expectations were low after AIQ, but I thought the sound on the stream was fantastic. Godzilla theme, BOC, and a bunch of Deadpool-like uptempo tracks for other modes and battles? Yes, please. Callouts are monotone for a reason and it enhances the theme immersion imo.

#605 2 years ago

Oh geez lmao… I KNEW I should have looked, but chose the blind-assuming route instead. Even thought of DDing before I posted!

Touche good sir, I stand much corrected - ordering now

Edit: as always - autocorrect BS

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Maybe my expectations were low after AIQ, but I thought the sound on the stream was fantastic. Godzilla theme, BOC, and a bunch of Deadpool-like uptempo tracks for other modes and battles? Yes, please. Callouts are monotone for a reason and it enhances the theme immersion imo.

Totally agree! The only thing I didn't like was the one call out voice (not the radio announcer) that sounded like a guy from the Bronx. Wasn't a fan of that, but that is so minor considering the rest of the voice and sound were terrific! The entire package is a home run.

#607 2 years ago

Callouts are monotone for a reason and it enhances the theme immersion imo.

Where did they get the inspiration for the monotone call outs? I just watched a couple of Godzilla movies on HBO Max and they only had English sub titles. Perhaps the English dubbed movies have a similar monotone voice?

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Where did they get the inspiration for the monotone call outs? I just watched a couple of Godzilla movies on HBO Max and they only had English sub titles. Perhaps the English dubbed movies have a similar monotone voice?

Quoted from Mr68:

Raymond Burr, Godzilla, King of the Monsters, 1956.

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

Totally agree! The only thing I didn't like was the one call out voice (not the radio announcer) that sounded like a guy from the Bronx. Wasn't a fan of that, but that is so minor considering the rest of the voice and sound were terrific! The entire package is a home run.

I thought he was the worst too. I could be wrong but I believe it’s the same voice from the actor they used in JP. Couldn’t get his voice replaced any quicker in pin browser there either. He doesn’t fit in this game, but luckily he’s not nearly as vocal in this one

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

While Stern deserves all the credit in the world for "keeping the light on for pinball", they haven't exactly pushed the hobby forward. They clearly needed JJP to show them the way for pricing and features people wanted and they need Spooky to teach them customer service. A top notch company would never have allowed the competition that they have allowed. Just the fact that all of these tiny companies have emerged tells you that their business model is not top notch. No company their size in a technology driven business should have the competition they do with the massive advantages that they have. They may one day be the last man standing but they better hope that JJP never gets it's act together and learns how to produce in volume and doesn't pay Keith Elwin more money or they might find themselves fighting for scraps.
That said I hope that everyone makes great pinball machines and everyone stays in business and everyone makes lots of money.

Are you serious, talking about JJP showing the way? The same company where the founder blames us the customers for all their blunders, lack of service, subpar quality and way over priced poorly made products. Last 2 games having almost no mechs in them whatsoever, with no warranty and as of late, very little innovation machines, except lots of tiny LEDs and tons of plastic; JJP? You talking about that company??? Looooooooool!!! (This photo was taken of Jack in a white suit not too long ago and sums up what he thinks about us his customers….) When anyone points these facts out, JJP fanboys try to shut them down by name calling, i.e., trolls and they show us who they are by childish down voting the facts. JJP is a chaotic mess of a pinball company and Stern has nothing ever to fear from the likes of JJP.

D6E2DFCE-B8C7-4777-B151-28EC90DB5431 (resized).jpegD6E2DFCE-B8C7-4777-B151-28EC90DB5431 (resized).jpeg

#611 2 years ago

Can’t we all acknowledge how lucky we are that there are multiple great pinball companies now? They’re all innovating in different ways and putting pressure on each other to perform.

Competition is a wonderful thing.

#612 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I will fix it with Pinball Browser. Godzilla blue oyster cult will be the first to go. Will be replacing it with Terror of Mechagodzilla soundtrack.

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I will fix it with Pinball Browser. Godzilla blue oyster cult will be the first to go. Will be replacing it with Terror of Mechagodzilla soundtrack.

lol, literally the most bad ass part of the game.

#614 2 years ago

Sorry man. I just can't stand that song.

#615 2 years ago

Well, I'm in for a pro. The layout and shots tied with the call outs and animation sold it for me. more so then the mechs did. I thought the BOC song would take you out of the campy feeling of Godzilla but the game doesn't feel campy at all. It almost feels like an original theme, and reminds me of AFM. I will miss the mechs but I will like having the extra 2.2K in cash I saved more. Now to find a Godzilla and Mechagodzilla figure to throw in the game....

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Well, I'm in for a pro. The layout and shots tied with the call outs and animation sold it for me. more so then the mechs did. I thought the BOC song would take you out of the campy feeling of Godzilla but the game doesn't feel campy at all. It almost feels like an original theme, and reminds me of AFM. I will miss the mechs but I will like having the extra 2.2K in cash I saved more. Now to find a Godzilla and Mechagodzilla figure to throw in the game....

This might work for the legless Mechagodzilla area.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Select-Toys-Godzilla-Mechagodzilla-Bust-Bank-8-in/37535300?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1143&&adid=22222222228000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=1023191&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112549980&wl11=online&wl12=37535300&veh=sem&gclid=CjwKCAjw4qCKBhAVEiwAkTYsPOOkKUwDZwrvXKDh8MYka2o0L70FLEiz7NI9Z0itBxVHCx2o6pCpuBoC3qQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I am hoping there is an option to turn off the leds on the QR reader that was on non-stop too… that will be obnoxious.

Disconnecting the molex should fix it. :p

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ha. Hopefully the new Spike2 version will allow for that to be a non-error state.

#619 2 years ago

So apparently the going rate for integrity is $14.5k these days.

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

The original Godzilla American version has Raymond Burr as the announcer and the voice actor nailed it! The people who got the rights for the US movie got the actor for a 24 hour period and made him work 24 hour shift. They used body doubles for when they needed additional shots. The pinball use of this voice seems to be perfection It sounds like they added some music tracks that are originals. I love it.

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I thought I read earlier that they were providing art work, card, to cover this . Hoping so, it will ruin the look of the lighted apron on prem and le
Can anyone confirm this?

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Ha. Hopefully the new Spike2 version will allow for that to be a non-error state.

They're going to piss off a lot of ops if the game won't operate without the QR reader, but is otherwise fine. Sure, it's unlikely to fail, but that's just lost money to ops for no good reason at all.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought I read earlier that they were providing art work, card, to cover this

I'm pretty sure you're correct, in that they said there would be alternate apron art to cover it if you want...but if it can be disconnected without making the game be unplayable, why wouldn't you? Just wasted electricity.

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So apparently the going rate for integrity is $14.5k these days.

Why do you think it is so low? After seeing the ebay prices why is pinside so much lower?

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They're going to piss off a lot of ops if the game won't operate without the QR reader, but is otherwise fine. Sure, it's unlikely to fail, but that's just lost money to ops for no good reason at all.

I'm pretty sure you're correct, in that they said there would be alternate apron art to cover it if you want...but if it can be disconnected without making the game be unplayable, why wouldn't you? Just wasted electricity.

Because then the card would not light up. One of the over looked features on the prem/ le is the lighted apron

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Why do you think it is so low? After seeing the ebay prices why is pinside so much lower?

Ebay keeps at least 13% of a completed sale done through the site. So the 17k one ends up being under 15k the seller is keeping.

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Ebay keeps at least 13% of a completed sale done through the site. So the 17k one ends up being under 15k the seller is keeping.

It used to be if you had an eBay store it was capped at 5% or at a certain dollar amount, not sure if that's true anymore though.

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:I will fix it with Pinball Browser. Godzilla blue oyster cult will be the first to go. Will be replacing it with Terror of Mechagodzilla soundtrack.

I'm hoping someone will swap out BOC for the Bear McCreary/Serj Tankian version... Those taiko drums and the kakegoe cheers have this version incredible depth...

http://bearmccreary.com/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters/

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Sorry man. I just can't stand that song.

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'm hoping someone will swap out BOC for the Bear McCreary/Serj Tankian version... Those taiko drums and the kakegoe cheers have this version incredible depth...
http://bearmccreary.com/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters/

Don't forget the Fu Manchu version too.

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

It used to be if you had an eBay store it was capped at 5% or at a certain dollar amount, not sure if that's true anymore though.

Looking at their help page, looks to be around 12-13% still. Its cheaper when an item sells for over an 'x' amount, but still up there. Plus you have the monthly subscription added on as well.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Because then the card would not light up. One of the over looked features on the prem/ le is the lighted apron

Uh, okay. What exactly is lit up, again? The one triangle on the left? Not a huge loss IMO, especially if you find the QR scanner to be distracting to gameplay focus. I tend to look mostly at the flippers during hectic action, so that thing is going to be in my field of view a LOT it would seem.

#632 2 years ago

Is this the Official Stern Godzilla thread? Why does it say hype? I know the title changed a couple of times.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Is this the Official Stern Godzilla thread? Why does it say hype? I know the title changed a couple of times.

I think when new Godzilla machines start shipping, this will become the "official owners group". No actual owners yet...

#634 2 years ago

So is this pre-production or is this (what appears to be) paper city scape going to be the standard? Or is this sticker coated plastic...hard to tell

I was hoping for a vacuum formed background. This looks like the glue came undone on the seam folds and the building has what appears to be tears in it.

This was from the factory photos https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rae05gdrdbyu040/AAAUXLYJ7ZUlrhzA9Zz1UBo4a/Hi%20Res%20Gallery/Premium/Details-Strobe?dl=0&preview=Godzilla-Premium-Details-Strobe-30.JPG&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

Screenshot 2021-09-20 152001 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-09-20 152001 (resized).jpg

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

The original Godzilla American version has Raymond Burr as the announcer and the voice actor nailed it! The people who got the rights for the US movie got the actor for a 24 hour period and made him work 24 hour shift. They used body doubles for when they needed additional shots. The pinball use of this voice seems to be perfection It sounds like they added some music tracks that are originals. I love it.

#636 2 years ago

If anyone gets a beat on a LE or decides to bail and wants to "pay it forward" let me know . I told my buddy he could have my LE and not gonna renig on him now that I want it so right now looks like a premium for me . I also gave a random pinsider my Elvira spot for the latest run at no charge ... Not in this hobby to cash in so hopefully the good pin karma will come my way ..but if not premium is fine I guess

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Good luck with that on Godzilla, or any future Stern title. Thanks to the Insider Connected system, Pinbrowser's days are officially over IMO.

The code will receive frequent wireless updates & needs to be connected to their network for the Insider system to function properly. It's likely that's not going to work with code that's been altered by Pinbrowser. Some may say...well I'll just disconnect the Insider system. But can you even disconnect the Insider system on new games & still have it function properly? Will it eventually detect code that has been altered by the homeowner?

Older unconnected Spike2 games are another story, but that remains to be seen on future titles where the code is specifically designed & integrated for this new system.

IMO that's one of the features of this new system that Stern isn't saying out loud. I heard there were big complaints from the licencer about that homebrew JP code that added movie & music assets that wasn't part of the original agreement. If they can stop modders from doing this, it's an easy way for Stern to protect the licencor & their future products.

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Good luck with that on Godzilla, or any future Stern title. Thanks to the Insider Connected system, Pinbrowser's days are officially over IMO.
The code will receive frequent wireless updates & needs to be connected to their network for the Insider system to function properly. It's likely that's not going to work with code that's been altered by Pinbrowser. And can you even disconnect the Insider system on new games & still have it function properly? Will it eventually detect code that has been altered by the homeowner?
Older unconnected Spike2 games are another story, but that remains to be seen on future titles where the code is specifically designed & integrated for this new system.
IMO that's one of the features of this new system that Stern isn't saying out loud. I heard there were big complaints from the licencer about that homebrew JP code that added movie & music assets that wasn't part of the original agreement. If they can stop modders from doing this, it's an easy way for Stern to protect the licencor & their future products.

That ship sailed long ago. Profiteers ruined it by selling software for mods for money in plain sight and Stern had zero choice but to take action.

So enjoy that Godzilla song Teddy!!

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So is this pre-production or is this (what appears to be) paper city scape going to be the standard? Or is this sticker coated plastic...hard to tell
I was hoping for a vacuum formed background. This looks like the glue came undone on the seam folds and the building has what appears to be tears in it.

Gary mentioned the game they streamed on Friday was an early prototype. Those photos are probably from that prototype game.

The feature matrix says "Cityscape vaccuum-formed backpanel" on all versions, so I wouldn't worry about it

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

hmm are you sure?

With this new online system Stern must have done something to protect the code - 1: from hackers being able to cook the books on the system and 2: from proper hackers installing bot farms on your pinball machine. I would be surprised if they haven't gone down the signed code route.

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

This was from the factory photos https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rae05gdrdbyu040/AAAUXLYJ7ZUlrhzA9Zz1UBo4a/Hi%20Res%20Gallery/Premium/Details-Strobe?dl=0&preview=Godzilla-Premium-Details-Strobe-30.JPG&subfolder_nav_tracking=1
[quoted image]

Wow that does look like paper! LOL, I am sure its at least cheap plastic

The 3D printers will fix this, though the sinking building will be tough as it cant be thick.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The code will receive frequent wireless updates & needs to be connected to their network for the Insider system to function properly. It's likely that's not going to work with code that's been altered by Pinbrowser. Some may say...well I'll just disconnect the Insider system. But can you even disconnect the Insider system on new games & still have it function properly? Will it eventually detect code that has been altered by the homeowner?

It is also a way for Stern to hurt their sales. I bought a JP premium before that custom code rolled out but I know there are many others that were on the fence or not going to buy because Stern had so few assets for the game.

You may be right and Stern wants to do more to protect their licensees but it will be due to pressure and not because they want to do it. Regardless, if Stern goes that route and tries to control a toy I paid them a ridiculous $8k + for without an option to turn off their ads and ability to mess with my code, etc., I will be out on any future NIB purchases. I imagine I am not alone in that either. Keep big brother out of our personal property.

#643 2 years ago

Hyped for this game....trying to choose distributor for premium.

Only issue I have with the game...is that all of the text on the screen is plain font type text. Did anybody else notice this? All of the video assets and the animations stern added are fine, but it seems like they had a $20 budget for text? Only cooler looking text graphic is for godzilla multiball jackpots?

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:Hyped for this game....trying to choose distributor for premium.
Only issue I have with the game...is that all of the text on the screen is plain font type text. Did anybody else notice this? All of the video assets and the animations stern added are fine, but it seems like they had a $20 budget for text? Only cooler looking text graphic is for godzilla multiball jackpots?

Early code… .75. They are going to add a ridiculous amount of polish like they’ve done for every KME game. My NIB maiden which i got this year was an early run so I was able to compare release code to the latest code, I couldn’t believe now much they improved the game. It was night and day.

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Pinside changed it. Can’t say owners club til they ship.

#646 2 years ago

I'm wondering if in the pro version, is the bottom floor just a bash toy or does it open to let the ball swing around to the Magna Grab? I would assume the latter the way the game played.

#647 2 years ago

This pin really makes me wish I liked Godzilla. Layout, shots, theme integrations, and that playfield art... just awesome. So happy for the Godzilla fans out there!

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Pinside changed it. Can’t say owners club til they ship.

Is this true? Just curious what is the reasoning?

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is this true? Just curious what is the reasoning?

Because they are bossy

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]

The features list shows Vacuum moulded city scape backboard so that must just be the sample game.

Screenshot 2021-09-21 112826 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-09-21 112826 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Shelby, NC
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/13?hl=walleyeguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.