75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 30.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Totally agree. I'm not knocking what Spooky did, I'm just saying Ultraman isn't anywhere as loaded or as technically advanced. Stern clearly has far more resources in every way so its not surprising. Still hope Spooky continues on moving forward and eventually puts out something that is in the same league sort a speak.

Agree. I'm not knocking Spooky. Just saying what I'm seeing. I played Ultraman. It should cost half of what Godzilla costs but it doesn't. Unless you're a huge Ultraman fan, if your choosing that over Godzilla you'll be very disappointed.

#502 2 years ago

so, for those with premiums on order, what mods are "day 1, or as soon as available" for you? I'm thinking shaker motor, mothra egg shooter, and sub..plus whatever toys i can jam into it

#503 2 years ago

Wait…you get Godzilla…AND don’t fear the reaper ?!

Wow.

That’s two out of the three BOC songs I know!

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Wait…you get Godzilla…AND don’t fear the reaper ?!
Wow.

Did reaper play during the stream?

#506 2 years ago

I don’t recall hearing Dont Fear during the stream.

I know they said during the stream the bridge collapsing mode was set on extra difficult but did it ever collapse?

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Agree. I'm not knocking Spooky. Just saying what I'm seeing. I played Ultraman. It should cost half of what Godzilla costs but it doesn't. Unless you're a huge Ultraman fan, if your choosing that over Godzilla you'll be very disappointed.

I'm not sure how you're getting that. Even the $7k version of Ultraman has a real backglass, custom powdercoat, premium sound system, multiple mini playfields, 4 flippers and way more RGB Leds than Godzilla. Ultraman is stacked!

#508 2 years ago

^ I think above poster is confusing BOC tracks.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

so, for those with premiums on order, what mods are "day 1, or as soon as available" for you? I'm thinking shaker motor, mothra egg shooter, and sub..plus whatever toys i can jam into it

Shaker Motor (already ordered), Egg Shooter, and Art Blades.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Right there with you

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm going to try really hard. I passed on Tron LE when I had the overtime available to buy it and regretted it, and was even stupid enough to sell TWO Tron Pro's in the years following.... I'll be damned if I'm going to sit around and watch my last two (Well okay, Dune would be three, but I don't see that happening, nor do I think it's a good translation for pinball) grail themes possibly blow up into the 12-15k range where they'll just be unobtainable for me.....because I'm already there with Tron. I just felt like Tron was really shallow overall......I'd been to Portal a ton of times. Should've just let it sit until I wanted to play it again. ~_~;;
Who wants to hook me up with a 34 month layaway?

Oh man, Tron for me is a grail game but they have gotten so out of reach I am not sure I will ever get one. I'm getting the Prem version of Godzilla and will sit tight for the next round of releases, like Toy Story, Cactus Canyon, Matrix, Rush and whatever else. If I could find a Tron, even a Pro under $10k I would go for it immediately

#512 2 years ago

This magna grab and release at 1:30:46 is incredible. KME must dream about pinball shoots in his sleep...

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

If I could find a Tron, even a Pro under $10k I would go for it immediately

Yeah, and meanwhile I'll always be the dumb f---er that modded and SOLD both a NIB 3rd run, as well as a HUO I picked up from original buyer after that was modded out as well.....

I got 5400 for one, and 3400 + a nice Fish Tales (that I kept for all of 3 or 4 months) for the other one. Sold FT for 2500....so basically 5900 for that second one. Even just considering the cost of the mods on that 2nd game with the Pinbits fiber ramps and everything else I'd done to it...

I got f'ing screwed. Man, that was a bloody awful time to be selling games.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm in a similar boat where I'm not a big Godzilla fan and also don't know much about the franchise, but actually ended up buying one. I dunno, something about the art package and layout look great, but also because it gives me Attack From Mars vibes not because of how it plays or anything like that but more because of the whole cheesy sci-fi vibe, which is something I dig.

I think your right. I have to agree this game has an Attack From Mars vibe for sure. One of the many things I like about Godzilla.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Shaker for sure, anti glare glass and external sub (I already have - will move from game I'm selling). Art blades, speaker upgrade and speaker lights in the near future. I'm sure there will be more!

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm not sure how you're getting that. Even the $7k version of Ultraman has a real backglass, custom powdercoat, premium sound system, multiple mini playfields, 4 flippers and way more RGB Leds than Godzilla. Ultraman is stacked!

I agree it's stacked. But for me, it played like crap. Code was super early and the callouts were extremely repetitive. The subway kickouts next to the flippers were bad. These are just my personal opinions after playing the game. Your mileage may vary.

#517 2 years ago

And I forgot to mention, there was a Cliffy type protector on the right scoop that was really beat up from one weekend of play.

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wait…you get Godzilla…AND don’t fear the reaper ?!
Wow.

Hot Rails to Hell gotta be the third, right?

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Side art blades, stern shooter rod, shaker motor, speaker light kit, external sub. Oh and Pinwoofer makes the BEST upgrade for speakers IMO. I put them on all of my sterns. I also really like Pin Monk flipper coolers to help eliminate flipper fade.

And then once Cliffy makes his protectors I throw those on. I’ll mylar the shooter lane until he makes his kit.

#520 2 years ago

I’m in on an LE . I’m I the only one who thinks it looks like TMNT & AIQ had a baby?

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

I’m in on an LE . I’m I the only one who thinks it looks like TMNT & AIQ had a baby?

Yes you are

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Shaker for sure, anti glare glass and external sub (I already have - will move from game I'm selling). Art blades, speaker upgrade and speaker lights in the near future. I'm sure there will be more!

Ah this reminds me, I think I want to try adding an external sub to this game, ultimately to be shared by a few future games. Is this the gizmo most use to share one sub on multiple Stern pins?

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/subwoofer-kits/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#523 2 years ago

Ah this reminds me, I think I want to try adding an external sub to this game, ultimately to be shared by a few future games. Is this the gizmo most use to share one sub on multiple Stern pins?
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/subwoofer-kits/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

Yes, the pinnovators products are top notch! It’s what I use as well.

#524 2 years ago

Yep…. There is a smaller package too if you don’t need 5 pin hookups. Save you some ducats

#525 2 years ago

Excellent, thank you!

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I agree it's stacked. But for me, it played like crap. Code was super early and the callouts were extremely repetitive. The subway kickouts next to the flippers were bad. These are just my personal opinions after playing the game. Your mileage may vary.

Also that's '70s Godzilla song was pretty bad also by Blue oyster cult. The rest of the sounds and the call-outs were good though.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

I hope it is better than that. No offense, but I'm not a big fan of either of those games.

#528 2 years ago

My first pin mod is always a powered sub. I just ordered the Pinnovators sub adapter for GZ today. I already have the splitter - it works great and you can adjust the volume of each pin you hook up to a single sub.

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My first pin mod is always a powered sub. I just ordered the Pinnovators sub adapter for GZ today. I already have the splitter - it works great and you can adjust the volume of each pin you hook up to a single sub.

Same here and with black Friday just around the corner, the polk subs will be at their best price of the year . I've bought new for $79 , 2 years ago.

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I hope it is better than that. No offense, but I'm not a big fan of either of those games.

I have both as well…Love AIQ and not a fan of TMNT….my kids like it so it stays for now ….GZ looks amazing!

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes I wanted Maiden to be packed like this, it’s still fun but I wanted shots going through back of game and in the middle through back of game off ramp

I got an Iron Maiden Premium as my first pin as I'm a huge fan of the band, but to be honest it never really clicked with me. I certainly recognize it's a well designed game, but I found myself trying to convince myself I liked it and kept it around as long as I did just as a collectible of the band.

It felt a tad too punishing for me, but not in an enjoyable way. I recently traded mine for a Monster Bash remake and don't miss it much. On the other hand Godzilla looks amazing and even though I really can't afford it at the moment I got in on a day 1 premium preorder. Maiden was a little too barren for me even with the premium version, and while I respect it it didnt have enough toys for me.

For about a year a Kiss pro was my go to game even though it's also a pretty spartan layout and brutal. The Maiden was collecting dust. I always felt Iron Maiden was a solid game, but a tad overrated.

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Same here and with black Friday just around the corner, the polk subs will be at their best price of the year . I've bought new for $79 , 2 years ago.

Where do we get these?

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Where do we get these?

You can get them thru pinnovators

They’re $109 right now

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I got an Iron Maiden Premium as my first pin as I'm a huge fan of the band, but to be honest it never really clicked with me. I certainly recognize it's a well designed game, but I found myself trying to convince myself I liked it and kept it around as long as I did just as a collectible of the band.
It felt a tad too punishing for me, but not in an enjoyable way. I recently traded mine for a Monster Bash remake and don't miss it much. On the other hand Godzilla looks amazing and even though I really can't afford it at the moment I got in on a day 1 premium preorder. Maiden was a little too barren for me even with the premium version, and while I respect it it didnt have enough toys for me.
For about a year a Kiss pro was my go to game even though it's also a pretty spartan layout and brutal. The Maiden was collecting dust. I always felt Iron Maiden was a solid game, but a tad overrated.

Interesting! I went opposite, started with MBr and moved through BKSOR, JP, Mando and then finally got IMDN and Playboy same weekend. MBr is definitely my least played pin and IMDN my most. I’ve found I really don’t care that much about toys, it’s all about flow for me. Plus IMDN has imo the best callouts, I actually love the animation, the modes are all so different and it’s just FUN.

But, we all like our own things! Kinda glad I went IMDN last. Who knows if I’d love it the way I do if not.

#535 2 years ago

Where do we get these?

Amazon is best prices usually psw10 is the most used. But, klipsch from Costco, twice the money, but sound great.

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You can get them thru pinnovators
They’re $109 right now

Checking it out now. So if I understand correctly, you follow their Amazon affiliate link and buy there?

Noob alert: where does the sub go, underneath the cabinet?

#537 2 years ago

Ya, easy hookup in backbox, maybe 2 minutes, then run cable thru vents to woofer underneath

#538 2 years ago

Keith Elwins games have plenty of good....

lmfao-lil-jon.giflmfao-lil-jon.gif
#539 2 years ago

I wonder if the Godzilla ball lock on the pro uses the Magna Grab to hold the ball when the BOC music starts?

I can't decide if I want the Pro or the Premium. I don't think Ill miss the mecha bash toy, the bridge, or the building. I do like the physical ball lock but is that worth the 2k+ difference?? What I love about the game the most is the sounds, movie clip integration and those shots and ramps. Man, I wish I could see some Pro game play to make my choice. the longer I wait, the longer I have to wait on getting my machine.

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Amazon is best prices usually psw10 is the most used. But, klipsch from Costco, twice the money, but sound great.

$149 for a 10inch Klipsh on New Egg right now: https://www.newegg.com/klipsch-k100-sw/p/0S6-0033-001U0

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, easy hookup in backbox, maybe 2 minutes, then run cable thru vents to woofer underneath

Great - thanks all. Picked up a damaged box of that model polk woofer on Amazon for $119 and the conversion kit. Will throw on IMDN and see how it goes and if necessary for rest of pins.

Now on LE’s, I know they come with better 5.X” speakers but do they come with woofers too?

#542 2 years ago

Great - thanks all. Picked up a damaged box of that model polk woofer on Amazon for $119 and the conversion kit. Will throw on IMDN and see how it goes and if necessary for rest of pins.
Now on LE’s, I know they come with better 5.X” speakers but do they come with woofers too?

Ya woofer in cabinet as usual. Pinwoofers are the way to go if youre really wanting best sound. Incredible system, have in many, will prob do same on gz. And the polk

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

This magna grab and release at 1:30:46 is incredible. KME must dream about pinball shoots in his sleep...

Thankful that Stern got the license and Keith and company got the game. Not knocking the other companies, but this will be a keeper for a long time.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I wonder if the Godzilla ball lock on the pro uses the Magna Grab to hold the ball when the BOC music starts?
I can't decide if I want the Pro or the Premium. I don't think Ill miss the mecha bash toy, the bridge, or the building. I do like the physical ball lock but is that worth the 2k+ difference?? What I love about the game the most is the sounds, movie clip integration and those shots and ramps. Man, I wish I could see some Pro game play to make my choice. the longer I wait, the longer I have to wait on getting my machine.

The building shot would sometimes spit out the left side and feed the ball to the magna grab, right? I'm not sure the pro can do that - was looking at some closeup playfield photos and it looked like the left side was closed on the pro. Definitely want to see the coding differences in the two for sure because I'm in the same boat as you regarding the mechs (although I would like the right side jump ramp).

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If I were buying TOHO Godzilla I’d probably pick up an Ultraman as it compliments it. But to say Godzilla should be double the price just quit. Both games are worthy of the price set. If not, both wouldn’t have sold out.

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya woofer in cabinet as usual. Pinwoofers are the way to go if youre really wanting best sound. Incredible system, have in many, will prob do same on gz. And the polk

How does pinwoofer compare in terms of sound and setup to a polk with conversion kit?

#547 2 years ago

The way it feeds the second ball to the magnet is so cool...

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well,,,,, this is my second new le purchase. But, every nib stern I've bought has been from same distributor. I don't shop around looking for free shipping, best price, but no service. Hes fairly local, 4 hour drive, has priced games at msrp or a bit lower every time. Gz is at msrp, which I'm happy he's not upcharging like some will. You need to build a relationship with local businesses to get best price and loyalty from them .Just my 02 tho,,

Yeah…I’m good. I’ll take my chances out in the wild.

Cold day in Hell when I ‘need’ to suck up to any business of luxury items.

#549 2 years ago

How does pinwoofer compare in terms of sound and setup to a polk with conversion kit?

Un-friggen-believable. Pinwoofer is the bomb. That man knows his sound systems. My IJ is beyond my wildest dreams now. Clarity at all levels, bass with min vibration issues (if any) and easy install. I’ll never buy another upgrade.

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Un-friggen-believable. Pinwoofer is the bomb. That man knows his sound systems. My IJ is beyond my wildest dreams now. Clarity at all levels, bass with min vibration issues (if any) and easy install. I’ll never buy another upgrade.

Well shit… hitting cancel on the polk order now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/11?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.