75C42A82-807F-4981-9E51-07E780D8DD33 (resized).jpeg
A1399972-8081-4183-A1A8-E984DAC39E17 (resized).jpeg
QwS3oky (resized).png
20211027_162019 (resized).jpg
234092E4-FEC5-4EB1-82D0-6A9CB7F93522 (resized).jpeg
3F1BA6BC-9353-48DD-A5AF-060A3C0F0188 (resized).jpeg
CDC228FB-89CC-499F-924F-9CA1130CF514 (resized).jpeg
66DF9D63-5966-4EAD-877A-FF9A7C4CE813 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 30.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I ate 3 pieces, trying to remove the sausage… still was just wrong. Will never order Dominos again.

Dominoes f-d their pizza up long ago when they abandoned the original thin stuff they started with.

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

I was thinking that too but more so with Ultraman. I went back and watched the stream of Ultraman and wow, what a difference

PFFFT whatever. I'm going to be very f'ing happy to own BOTH of these games at some point. I've almost got my money worked out to pay out my current expenditures (a new AC unit for my condo and Ultraman), and immediately after that, I'm saving for a Godzilla Premium. There's no way in hell I'd let Ultraman go for this. It's more limited, which I like (because I like taking harder to find games to TPF, mainly) and these themes are going to just be fantastic together, and look great side by side.

Gameplay extremely different as well. I love upper playfields. If you don't, you really probably should've passed on UM/HW to start with!

I think both Spooky and Stern have killed with these two games, which is amazing, considering I really REALLY figured one or the other would be a dud since these are my grail themes. I didn't ever even consider a possibility of an Ultraman pin ever being made.

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

It's a pretty simple disable. Just don't scan the QR code I don't know why you would use that anyways, it's pretty much just for operators to increase the coin drops.

I didn't care about the QR code thing either, especially if it's making the games more expensive, but after watching the stream it IS kinda cool that you can "friend" people and see their achievements on games, too - I told my wife, "I can see what games so-and-so sucks at, and play that one on league night"....lol.

It might be kinda cool to tell someone "Damn , you really crushed Elvira the other day........" on the other hand, it might be kinda creepy-stalker too....

#454 2 years ago

could this be easter eggs :

aliens saying "choose and perish" > ghostbusters
the fonts/style used for "DESTRUCTION JACKPOT" make me really think of EARTHSHAKER

just my 2 cents

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

could this be easter eggs :
aliens saying "choose and perish" > ghostbusters
the fonts/style used for "DESTRUCTION JACKPOT" make me really think of EARTHSHAKER
just my 2 cents

The "stomp" sound and light show remind me of TZ, after you battle The Power and it's knocking out your score -

#456 2 years ago

There is a bunch of the old Toho movies on the criterion collection streaming app if anyone is looking to watch the digitally. I signed up for a 14 day trial last night.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I ate 3 pieces, trying to remove the sausage… still was just wrong. Will never order Dominos again.

There is a Jet's Pizza in Blaine, why you fucking around with Dominos?

#458 2 years ago

Dominos is eatable. Dominos sausage is not. That’s on you!

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I’ll be in the minority here, but think the pro will play just fine, I don’t need the extra mechs.

695409B5-8310-47D0-92AB-DD841191A09D (resized).jpeg695409B5-8310-47D0-92AB-DD841191A09D (resized).jpeg
#460 2 years ago

Most of my thoughts of the stream have already been covered, but I couldn’t help but think how the shaker will be integrated into the game…..the building collapsing, bridges breaking, tail whipping, jets screaming, the footstep light show & roar after a ball drain…. A shaker add-on is a MUST for this game.

Elwin & Yeti are my favorite designer & artist respectively. I’ve been patiently waiting for them to combine on a favorite theme I love so I can own one of their games. Godzilla is the perfect storm! Looks like it’s finally time to order a Spike2 game. Getting a premium This pin is one for the ages

#461 2 years ago

My only complaint is I waited almost 48 hours (gasp) to put a deposit on a Premium and missed the October/November deliveries of the first run.
Second run expected sometime early next year, first quarter.

#462 2 years ago

Game looks great. Would be in on a Premium if prices weren't so bananas, I cared about Godzilla as a theme and I didn't already have two Elwin's in my now much smaller collection. Grats to all Godzilla fans, looks like it is going to be a great game.

#463 2 years ago

Also a question for fellow Godzilla nerds or zombieyeti

Anyone spot the Mothra Twins? In the artwork or on the LCD screen? They have to be integrated somehow right? At least them singing during the Mothra ball save? I may have missed it during the stream.

I mean you can’t have Mothra without the twins! MO-SU-RA YAH! MO-SU-RA YAH!

#464 2 years ago

I think it’s pretty clear they are going to sell a billion of these and will be making them for years.

Love ‘em or hate ‘em, it’s obvious stern is #1 in pinball and it isn’t even close. The rest are just fighting over scraps.

#465 2 years ago

pretty sure the song plays on the outlane when the save is lit. haven't spotted the twins themselves yet. (my wife's a huge mothra fan, so i've been trying find all the places she's included)

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it’s pretty clear they are going to sell a billion of these and will be making them for years.
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, it’s obvious stern is #1 in pinball and it isn’t even close. The rest are just fighting over scraps.

But, but, but... the weight and bom of the other machines out there!!! /s

(Not sure why "fun factor" isn't seen as being as important as bom or weight of a machine? It certainly is when I order a game. Similar to code. Deeper isn't always better if it plays as fun as reading every page of a bible.) Then again, I guess that's why Stern IS number 1.

#467 2 years ago

I feel the need to brag to everybody that I scored an LE.... but I'm gonna down play that they're making a 1000 of them....

It's the next Big Bang Bar!

#469 2 years ago

I don't know, Godzilla to me isn't as good as JP. Watched the 2hr steam, and it just didn't have that wow factor.
Only time I thought it was kicking ass was the first time seeing multi-ball from the tower. (lights,sound and music seemed to work well)
Things are still going to change with code, but not a rush to purchase for me.

#470 2 years ago

One other thought I haven’t seen mentioned…

I used to own a Doctor Who. There are obvious comparisons here to the Godzilla building & the Time Expander mechs.

But one thing I really enjoy seeing is the continuous upper orbit loop shot on Godzilla, setup by the magnet. It reminds me of the long “O” shot on Dr.Who, which was setup by the “H” shot, where you could endlessly hit loops. At least on Godzilla the opening to the orbit is pretty wide, so it’s entirely possible just to get into the “loop zone” & rack up those consecutive combos. Sometimes I would play Dr.Who just to see how many continuous W-H-O loops I could hit. Nice to see I can do this on Godzilla now.

Plus that shot is important for big multiplier jackpots on Godzilla too, which will be important during competitive play. Just one of many cool things going on in Godzilla. I’ve never been so impressed with a modern release like this.

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I think the call outs are supposed to be flat to match Raymond Burr in the original movie. If that is true they did a great job as he sounds like him as well. If they were not trying to do that then it sucks.

I actually really love the sounds music and call outs so far. I didn’t know I would like the campiness of the overall assets but the audio and video so far are pretty darn good.

#472 2 years ago

Coming from the perspective of a noob, I'm excited on this release. I am pretty new into playing pinball consistently. Think just in my first month of playing on a regular basis, I played more this past spring than the 30 years or so of my frequent trips to arcades. Being cheap/broke through most of those years I drifted heavily into fighting games, as a single credit could last me up to an hour on good days. By the time I had a good budget to use on random stuff, had found the learning curve for pinball to be intimidating.

What helped fuel my passion now and get over that experience hurdle was this local place that has about 15ish pins (along a wide array of other stuff) with an all-you-can-play approach for a single entrance fee. They had JP3 (i dont know the number exactly, as i keep seeing people refer to Keith's JP differently) and AIQ that my wife and I both played frequently. AIQ became our favorite really fast. And that's considering that my wife has gotten burnt out on superheroes genre...AND her favorite IP is Jurassic Park. She had so much fun with AIQ that she gave me the blessing last month to be our first home pin. Watching the stream last night for Godzilla gave me confidence that the fun factor for us will more closely match AIQ more so than JP. I'm not comparing pins in the manner of what they offer, but of how satisfying the shots might feel. Funny that at the beginning of our entry into pinball, without knowing anything about designers/etc, we both gravitated towards Elwin's games. Have yet to try out IM, but found one public location that has it, I just need to make a trek out of it.

Think only concern after the stream is how brutal draining might be. It kicked a lot of their butts. I do hope that the GoPro placed above the action button was the bigger issue affecting their visibility, as even Keith kinda "cursed" it at it at least once from what I could tell. Either way, hope my pre-order is for this year's batch as the suspense will kill me.

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Also patently false.
How about I describe things: wing sauce on wings tasted rancid, stuffed cheese bread with jalapeno/bacon in middle was raw, sausage on the pizza tasted like it had been soaked in lysol or some other cleaning chemical.
I spent 20 minutes peeing out my butt a while after eating.

I try Dominos about every 3 years - and it's a mistake each time. Won't do it again.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Apparently Keith has come here to “plunder” the sales of other pinball manufactures!

Not just other manufacturers, but from Stern itself.

How many people have posted about cancelling their Mando orders to get this instead? I know I would.

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Patently false. I ordered Domino’s last night for the first time in a couple years and regretted every moment of it.

So did I and it was great!!!

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not just other manufacturers, but from Stern itself.

How many people have posted about cancelling their Mando orders to get this instead? I know I would.

Especially if you aren't going to get the Mando until 2022 and have to pay the new exciting prices anyway.

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I don't know, Godzilla to me isn't as good as JP. Watched the 2hr steam, and it just didn't have that wow factor.
Only time I thought it was kicking ass was the first time seeing multi-ball from the tower. (lights,sound and music seemed to work well)
Things are still going to change with code, but not a rust and purchase for me.

In having a JP, I feel the same way. Everything does look great and looks like it plays well but you have to be fully into the theme too. At least, for me anyway. Never been huge on Godzilla (no pun intended) but do like it.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

PFFFT whatever. I'm going to be very f'ing happy to own BOTH of these games at some point. I've almost got my money worked out to pay out my current expenditures (a new AC unit for my condo and Ultraman), and immediately after that, I'm saving for a Godzilla Premium. There's no way in hell I'd let Ultraman go for this. It's more limited, which I like (because I like taking harder to find games to TPF, mainly) and these themes are going to just be fantastic together, and look great side by side.
Gameplay extremely different as well. I love upper playfields. If you don't, you really probably should've passed on UM/HW to start with!
I think both Spooky and Stern have killed with these two games, which is amazing, considering I really REALLY figured one or the other would be a dud since these are my grail themes. I didn't ever even consider a possibility of an Ultraman pin ever being made.

Good points frax. I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm getting Halloween instead. I think Halloween/Ultraman and Godzilla are both looking like a sure bet. 2 of the best layouts I have ever seen in Both of these.

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Coming from the perspective of a noob, I'm excited on this release. I am pretty new into playing pinball consistently. Think just in my first month of playing on a regular basis, I played more this past spring than the 30 years or so of my frequent trips to arcades. Being cheap/broke through most of those years I drifted heavily into fighting games, as a single credit could last me up to an hour on good days. By the time I had a good budget to use on random stuff, had found the learning curve for pinball to be intimidating.
What helped fuel my passion now and get over that experience hurdle was this local place that has about 15ish pins (along a wide array of other stuff) with an all-you-can-play approach for a single entrance fee. They had JP3 (i dont know the number exactly, as i keep seeing people refer to Keith's JP differently) and AIQ that my wife and I both played frequently. AIQ became our favorite really fast. And that's considering that my wife has gotten burnt out on superheroes genre...AND her favorite IP is Jurassic Park. She had so much fun with AIQ that she gave me the blessing last month to be our first home pin. Watching the stream last night for Godzilla gave me confidence that the fun factor for us will more closely match AIQ more so than JP. I'm not comparing pins in the manner of what they offer, but of how satisfying the shots might feel. Funny that at the beginning of our entry into pinball, without knowing anything about designers/etc, we both gravitated towards Elwin's games. Have yet to try out IM, but found one public location that has it, I just need to make a trek out of it.
Think only concern after the stream is how brutal draining might be. It kicked a lot of their butts. I do hope that the GoPro placed above the action button was the bigger issue affecting their visibility, as even Keith kinda "cursed" it at it at least once from what I could tell. Either way, hope my pre-order is for this year's batch as the suspense will kill me.

I’d heavily suggest finding an IMDN to play asap. I waited far, far too long just due to living in a very rural area with no pins for 100 miles. I ensured one of my weekly routes went through the city with IMDN and played it on a dozen occasions. It was pro, not dialed in, was “that’s neat” but wasn’t blown away. But I still kept coming back and had more fun each time. Ultimately I knew what it could be dialed in and love Maiden music and just couldn’t get rid of the thought of getting one. Finally picked up a Premium and now it’s near literally the only pin I play; played JP maybe twice since getting it. There’s just nothing even close to the flow and fun factor of IMDN, well, until perhaps Godzilla here.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

I’d heavily suggest finding an IMDN to play asap. I waited far, far too long just due to living in a very rural area with no pins for 100 miles. I ensured one of my weekly routes went through the city with IMDN and played it on a dozen occasions. It was pro, not dialed in, was “that’s neat” but wasn’t blown away. But I still kept coming back and had more fun each time. Ultimately I knew what it could be dialed in and love Maiden music and just couldn’t get rid of the thought of getting one. Finally picked up a Premium and now it’s near literally the only pin I play; played JP maybe twice since getting it. There’s just nothing even close to the flow and fun factor of IMDN, well, until perhaps Godzilla here.

From the streams I've watched, its up my alley for sure. All locations I find here are Pros, but might make the the point anyway to play it this weekend.

#481 2 years ago

Man this Godzilla Premium is going to go great with my AIQ Premium, Deadpool Pro, Twilight Zone and a few other pins I probably won't play anymore...

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

There is a Jet's Pizza in Blaine, why you fucking around with Dominos?

Jets is great and definitely my go-to delivery pizza place (had it last week) but felt the need to branch out… epic fail.

#483 2 years ago

If you want to just hit the best ones, choose these. Keep in mind that the later films use a ton of stock footage as Honda was forced to cut costs.

Anything with Ghidra/Ghidora in it shines out. He's just a bad ass and dwarfs Godzilla in size. I also have fondness for Ebirah - it's a weird ass Japanese style Hippie movie.

Godzilla (Godzilla, King of the Monsters!)
Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster (Ghidrah The Three Headed Monster
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster)
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters - Not in the Game - Should be!!!!
Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster)
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla (Godzilla vs. The Cosmic Monster)

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trolling as usual, I really hope your life isn't that empty that you need to do this...

Cuz selling every machine you can produce is fighting for scraps... brilliant... Maybe I should start a pinball company and sell every game I can produce like Spooky and JJP so I can fight for scraps...

While Stern deserves all the credit in the world for "keeping the light on for pinball", they haven't exactly pushed the hobby forward. They clearly needed JJP to show them the way for pricing and features people wanted and they need Spooky to teach them customer service. A top notch company would never have allowed the competition that they have allowed. Just the fact that all of these tiny companies have emerged tells you that their business model is not top notch. No company their size in a technology driven business should have the competition they do with the massive advantages that they have. They may one day be the last man standing but they better hope that JJP never gets it's act together and learns how to produce in volume and doesn't pay Keith Elwin more money or they might find themselves fighting for scraps.

That said I hope that everyone makes great pinball machines and everyone stays in business and everyone makes lots of money.

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Alright, watched a good nearly hour of the stream live, but was on mobile due to travelling which is pretty much not worth it, so shut it off at parts as I wanted to watch it on a big TV, but was hard to not go back and watch a bit more. Finally got home late, played some IMDN with the kids as it's their favorite pin, and mine, and then during multiplayer threw Godzilla in on the background TV... soon we were all watching the stream instead.
Just... wow. So much better than expected, and so glad I decided to snag my first LE ever on this pin, as it is my last space for a pin (7th) and I knew it was potentially going to be Elwin's best - and it might be!
My immediate vibes to this pin is IMDN v2 - the flow is incredible, so glad we have loops again, and the amount of shots (a dozen+?) and how they flow from one side of the pf to the other even when the ball is flowing down is just something else... behind the upper left flipper, flows over to behind the spinning table near the mech, and lands nice and softly on the left flipper. WTF! This man has just got to be a secret math genius.
Everything about this is awesome, I am so happy with the LCD visuals... it's nearly all old school TOHO clips as I was hoping for, and not new animation (though there's a teensy bit, which is more than fine). The music, the callouts, the Japanese option, the full integration of the theme.
HOME RUN BABY
I'm so curious if I'll play this more than IMDN once the honeymoon is over, as IMDN is just about all I play these days; I think it has a real-real legitimate shot. He really kept the vibe of IMDN in this, while still having shoutouts to his other pins. A marvel of wonder.

Yes I wanted Maiden to be packed like this, it’s still fun but I wanted shots going through back of game and in the middle through back of game off ramp

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

JJP to show them the way for pricing and features people wanted

I'm pretty sure not a single damn one of us asked for, or wanted, 8k+ games, not to mention 10k or 15k...

Yes indeed, thanks for showing us the way, JJP.

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I wasnt thrilled with the Narrator, only in the sense of being slightly overused.
(but that was with Keith Playing)
Under usage of toys...the building seemed more "incidental" than strategic.

I liked the narrator.. The other callout guy from JP sounded out of place though and was sometimes thick on the accent. I hope there would be an option to turn him off.

There's probably a lot of tweaking left to do on the rules. For example, the left spinner and the target below it were largely ignored. The majority of shots were center spinner and ramp. Even when the lightning bolt insert was lit on the far left, nobody shot at it. Maybe it's not really coded in yet... shrugs.

The flippers seemed weak when shooting close to the flipper tip - almost reminiscent of JJP flippers. Maybe power was turned down? I recall there was some comment during the stream about flipper power.

rob

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah I'm not dogging Ultraman and didnt mean to sound negative towards it, I root for Spooky as they are great people and you are right, more rare ultimately. Im just saying the amount of stuff on Godzilla vs Ultraman is definitely apparent, thats all. I would get both too if I could, so I hope you can

#489 2 years ago

Has anyone seen or heard an explanation of the "bash" function on the building? I had assumed the building would lower down and you'd bash one of the levels with a solid surface. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it was in this thread, but someone had pointed out before the steam that if the building stopped at those levels to bash, then the ramp shots wouldn't be able to pass through the building.

In the steam there were numerous instances where they seemed to be bashing the building, but it was always at the first or second levels that should be passthroughs normally. Didn't look like just rejects or anything either - is there perhaps an up-post or controlled gate or something in one of the building openings too?

If so, I'm curious if the Pro well have this function too. Otherwise it just seems like out would be a ton of shooting the building and the ball always returning to that lane next to the building/magna grab over and over. That bash function would throw in some variety on the Pro too...

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

There were numerous instances where they seemed to be bashing the building, but it was always at the first or second levels that should be passthroughs. Didn't look like just rejects or anything either - is there perhaps an up-post or controlled gate or something in one of the building openings too?

The divertor ball paths are on the returns as they cross through the building. The building shot itself is back to the VUK behind it to feed the roof. I believe it's intended to change the ramps as the returns pass through the building.

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:Has anyone seen or heard an explanation of the "bash" function on the building? I had assumed the building would lower down and you'd bash one of three levels with a solid surface. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
There were numerous instances where they seemed to be bashing the building, but it was always at the first or second levels that should be passthroughs. Didn't look like just rejects or anything either - is there perhaps an up-post or controlled gate or something in one of the building openings too?
If so, I'm curious if the Pro well have this function too. Otherwise it just seems like out would be a ton of shooting the building and the ball always returning to that lane next to the building/magna grab over and over. That bash function would throw in some variety on the Pro too...

The bottom level seems a bit more difficult with blue rubbers narrowing the entrance. I don't think there would be a physical bash mode...

Rob

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The divertor ball paths are on the returns as they cross through the building. The building shot itself is back to the VUK behind it to feed the roof. I believe it's intended to change the ramps as the returns pass through the building.

Yeah, but the feature matrix specifically calls the Premium building a "bash toy" - and there were multiple shots in the steam that were either bashing something on the normal building shot, or were rejects. They seemed to be registering damage to the building when that happened, so I'm wondering if there is a post or something to bash in some cases.

There are what look like optos in the sides of the building opening just behind the stand-up targets, I assume that would be to detect hits/bashes...

Maybe it was just rejects hitting the blue rubber pieces as suggested above. But they still used the term "bash toy" for this building in the matrix along with noting the diverter details, etc...

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Ultraman/Halloween looks like the designer studied games like Hardbody, Pharaoh, Elektra, and other early 80s multilevel games and said "I can build off these and modernize it"
Godzilla is like Elwin studied Ritchie and Lawlor, and said "I can build off this and take it somewhere new and exciting" - just a totally different evolutionary lineage.

Totally agree. I'm not knocking what Spooky did, I'm just saying Ultraman isn't anywhere as loaded or as technically advanced. Stern clearly has far more resources in every way so its not surprising. Still hope Spooky continues on moving forward and eventually puts out something that is in the same league sort a speak.

#494 2 years ago

This looks to be an awesome game. I’m not a buyer because I’m not a big Godzilla fan, don’t know much about the franchise and am at the point where I don’t have room for anything but a grail title.

Theme is usually an overriding factor for me but I would make an exception for Godzilla. The general story of the game was easy to understand and didn’t require more than anything but a basic understanding of Godzilla. Great shots (love the upper flipper/ramp), wide variety of modes and great mechs. Really wanted to see the bridge in action but the concept is great. I can’t imagine considering a Pro - if there was ever a Stern that’s Premium/LE or bust, this is it.

The art isn’t quite as “off” as I thought it would be - my initial thought was “too campy”, “too bright”. I’ll reserve judgement until I see the game in person but I think it works.

Still think IC is gimmicky, especially for home use, and not thrilled about the price increase. But this is the first time I went from “nope” to “wow” based on a reveal.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Yeah I'm not dogging Ultraman and didnt mean to sound negative towards it, I root for Spooky as they are great people and you are right, more rare ultimately. Im just saying the amount of stuff on Godzilla vs Ultraman is definitely apparent, thanks all. I would get both too if I could, so I hope you can

I'm going to try really hard. I passed on Tron LE when I had the overtime available to buy it and regretted it, and was even stupid enough to sell TWO Tron Pro's in the years following.... I'll be damned if I'm going to sit around and watch my last two (Well okay, Dune would be three, but I don't see that happening, nor do I think it's a good translation for pinball) grail themes possibly blow up into the 12-15k range where they'll just be unobtainable for me.....because I'm already there with Tron. I just felt like Tron was really shallow overall......I'd been to Portal a ton of times. Should've just let it sit until I wanted to play it again. ~_~;;

Who wants to hook me up with a 34 month layaway?

#496 2 years ago

Jack did a fantastic job with this reveal. All the various screens and angles were great and the sound was fantastic. I particularly liked when they stopped play to show off the various mechs used. That was a great touch. We’ll done Dead Flip.

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This looks to be an awesome game. I’m not a buyer because I’m not a big Godzilla fan, don’t know much about the franchise and am at the point where I don’t have room for anything but a grail title.

I'm in a similar boat where I'm not a big Godzilla fan and also don't know much about the franchise, but actually ended up buying one. I dunno, something about the art package and layout look great, but also because it gives me Attack From Mars vibes not because of how it plays or anything like that but more because of the whole cheesy sci-fi vibe, which is something I dig.

#498 2 years ago

Any chance they’ll add BOC “Don’t Fear The Reaper”?
Looks like I’ll be planting a money tree for this one soon.
37F9DBA5-9126-4C5E-A007-162FC402DD28 (resized).jpeg37F9DBA5-9126-4C5E-A007-162FC402DD28 (resized).jpeg

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Yeah, but the feature matrix specifically calls the Premium building a "bash toy" - and there were multiple shots in the steam that were either bashing something on the normal building shot, or were rejects. They seemed to be registering damage to the building when that happened, so I'm wondering if there is a post or something to bash in some cases.
There are what look like optos in the sides of the building opening just behind the stand-up targets, I assume that would be to detect hits/bashes...
Maybe it was just rejects hitting the blue rubber pieces as suggested above. But they still used the term "bash toy" for this building in the matrix along with noting the diverter details, etc...

You can see when KME shows the building there are no posts/etc in there. The lower two floors are either a path to the orbit to the left of the building (which you can see balls coming in and coming in through the back of the building and going out the front too!) and the other position diverts the ball to the VUK. I guess you are just seeing balls that rattled vs flowing through.

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 6.11.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-18 at 6.11.39 PM (resized).png

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Any chance they’ll add BOC “Don’t Fear The Reaper”?

You should watch the stream: its already in there.

Added over 3 years ago:

NOTE: Totally wrong - I misread the song title mentioned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
9,000 (OBO)
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 210.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-godzilla-owners-group/page/10?hl=walleyeguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.