IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wakky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1532 8 years ago

Got my Gb pinball on preorder with Zax amusements

FB_IMG_1451798953682_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1451798953682_(resized).jpg

#1541 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Have they mentioned prices?

waiting on reply ...most sterns selling at $8100 plus freight for pro... Aussie dollar against us dollar a killer!

1 month later
#2921 8 years ago

Got sent these concept pics from a reputable pinball dealer.... anyone else seen these?

#2923 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, anybody has seen them.
And by that I mean everybody.
Looks cool to me.

cool thanks I wasn't sure!

#3178 8 years ago

Definitely happening i got my confirmation email from the Australian distributer a few minutes ago. Luckily im first in line for when it arrives in March im told

#3180 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm sure it's going to be a cool game. But at this point with WOZ, Hobbit, Alien, etc with modern LCD screens this would be pretty damn sad to see the #1 pinball manufacturer in the world release another 90's style DMD game. How cool would it have been for Jersey Jack to make this with an LCD playing clips from Ghostbuster's movie while racking up scores? Stern needs to move into modern times, and if there was one game that needed to happen - it's fricken' GHOSTBUSTERS.

Id dissagree and pinball to me is dot matrix. Its like playing a vector game like asteroids on a colour lcd which looks aweful and takes the originality plus original game play away.
Arcade video classic games look terrible on an lcd and crt is way better for displaying and lasts longer compared to lcd .
But thats my view and i hope its a dot matrix display as thats what pinball is all about. I like the dot matrix it can be viewed at any angle compared to some lcds that drop line segments etc.

#3185 8 years ago

Whatever D H

#3428 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I bring up Karate Kid simply because it succeeded $$$ while every other 80's reboot has failed.
I think BTTF would be a good remake (or sequel) because the difference in life and social interaction between now and 1985 is astronomically greater than 1985 to 1955, thus it has better story and character development potential.
Like Logan's Run, the theme has become more relevant with time.

your joking are you? Seriously that remake of Karate kid was aweful and will never match the original or its following. As for BTTF it will never be remade as its perfect the way it is and the studios know that . If you want to remake it call it some thing else

#3487 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I have to say, been enjoying the exchange rate being an American in New Zealand.
Everything is 1/3rd off!

lucky you .... costs 1/3 more for us to buy anywhere in the world as most countries use the US dollar , eg china etc etc .....

#3489 8 years ago
Quoted from MTC4U:

Haven't been on Pinside since last friday. Was excited to see this thread having 300+ post since then. Was expecting to see something revealed or some form of usuable information or a decent update since there were so many posts. Boy was I wrong

Yep just a lot of dribble going on here and plenty of ejaculations from this thread (I got kicked off for posting pics and wasn't given a chance as a newbie I didn't know !! ) if you post links or pics that are available else where ...
just having fun you mods lol

#3491 8 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.

ha ha ! Depends on where you are in the world. Here in Australia for example when you hear I CAN FEEL A FOUREX COMING ON on the wireless (radio to you yanks) ....it means a nice cold beer and its time to blow the froth off a couple. . In USA im told its a male contraception? .... imagine singing that song or having the fourex logo on a shirt and walking down main street in the usa .....

Now a word from our sponsors ...BACK TO PINBALL !

#3492 8 years ago

And then theres this....GAYBUSTERS .... does it mean they are happy or a bunch of poofs in pink suits lol.... Who you gonna call?

gaybusters_station_ithaca_(resized).jpggaybusters_station_ithaca_(resized).jpg

#3576 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I wonder if Huey Lewis is excited about potentially more licensing money coming his way since Ray Parker Jr. took the baseline from "I Want a New Drug" for the Ghostbusters song. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_(song)
I like Huey Lewis and the News.
Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Saw these guys a couple of weeks ago and I must say its the best show I have ever seen by any band. Im a huge fan and flew from Australia to see them in New Zealand... I for one would love to see either a new Back to the future pinball or Huey Lewis and the news or a combo of both with Huey lewis involved in a new BTTF pinball... COOL IS THE RULE !
https://www.facebook.com/john.power.75/videos/1086423491421934/

12662654_1086280221436261_3949283702106266069_n_(resized).jpg12662654_1086280221436261_3949283702106266069_n_(resized).jpg
12654305_1086280518102898_3285136239776049229_n_(resized).jpg12654305_1086280518102898_3285136239776049229_n_(resized).jpg
12654305_1086280401436243_8831259952865307457_n_(resized).jpg12654305_1086280401436243_8831259952865307457_n_(resized).jpg

#3778 8 years ago

Dmd for me ...not fussed on lcd and i see the issues with them dropping pixels /lines,yellowing over time due to the internal plastic filters ageing eg whites eventually dull down , plus viewing angles.. Lcd makes it look cheap ..personally i would rather Dmd anyday...now shoot me down again
Its like comparing Crt to lcd.. lcd looks crap in arcade cabinets makes older games look blocky , colours dont look right and moving images flicker...but thats my view on it
I mean who looks at the screen while playing pinball ? I like the complex nature of a dot matrix and how they work to get the image on the screen. Nice and bright also and can be seen at any angle while an lcd looks milky when viewed from the side and its a pet hate of mine

#3821 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Dwight is doing code for Ghostbusters.

How do you know that Mr Kirk?

1 week later
#4242 8 years ago

That's a site for bogans or as they call it back yarders ... never trusted that forum ! This one rocks

2 weeks later
#6502 8 years ago

Paid for mine in full today with Zax in Melbourne... im told i was the first one in line for the first lot arriving as i put in the order last year when the rumors about this one surfaced ...now the wait begins ...

3 weeks later
#9048 8 years ago

So exciting and cant wait for mind to Arrive here in Adelaide ... Told its about 5 weeks away ... cant come quick enough!!!

#9050 8 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

Hi Wakky
Is that for a pro or Le. I'm also in oz, was hopping the pros would get here a little early, say late this month. Really looking forward to having a game. Pretty certain I will be in, now just waiting to decide between pro and premium. Definatly the first stern in along while that has me ready to go nib. As long as it has that one more game appeal, I'm in. Already sold a couple of other games since the announcement, to make cash and space. Pretty sure it will rock.

Hi Simon
How are you? Im going for the pro .. really wanted the premium but couldnt wait till july ..
.I have one reserved in first shipment and cant wait ...yes i agree it looks so nice ..
Zax said the first ones arrive early May and will arrive at customers mid May after customs and clearance etc..

#9054 8 years ago

Timezone here in Adelaide is in the group air freighting 1 over...
Poor fellow got drawn in

#9060 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder what that makes it - a $10k pro? Hard to justify.

Yes but unlike yourself they are running a business to make money from the game on location... after all these machines are intended for this purpose

6 months later
#17461 7 years ago

Ghosting? What ghosting...nothing to see here..time to move on

20161103_093710 (resized).jpg20161103_093710 (resized).jpg

#17464 7 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

That looks like Mylar lifting, not ghosting.

Wow your an observant one aint you?
Isnt that what ghosting is..inserts coming away from mylar ?

#17467 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

No, Ghosting is Clearcoat lifting from the insert, not Mylar lifting. I guess you could technically call it mylar ghosting but it's not relevant to the ghosting issues Stern has had.

But ive only played less than 100 games on it ....
It shouldn't be doing this

1 month later
#17600 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

here is my ultimate topper for my GB...i just need to add light effect on it ....

That looks overstated and dumb

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wakky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=wakky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.