IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6060 8 years ago

This could be an interesting summer. Hopefully both my Hobbit SE and the GBLE I ordered earlier today arrive. How crazy would that be if they showed up the same week?

Well, here's to hoping my Hobbit arrives much sooner! Anyhow, I had no real intentions of buying a GB but this reveal was simply too much to resist. Good job, Stern! (let's hope the play and rules knock this thing out of the park!)

#6930 8 years ago

There is a whole thread on that topic.

#7130 8 years ago

That Hitler video cracked me up. Very excited about this pin.

1 week later
#8258 8 years ago

My distributor told me possibly late April for the LE so I'm guessing sometime in May.

#8260 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

My distributor told me possibly late April for the LE so I'm guessing sometime in May.

Also, I ordered within a couple of hours of announcement. By that time the first two distributors already had a waiting list. The third I was able to get confirmed at a price of $7995 with only $100 refundable deposit. On top of that there is a 3% discount if paying by wire transfer so I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm sure I will be using my distributor again in the future (this was my first purchase with them).

#8261 8 years ago

dupe. sorry. meant to edit my original post and not quote it.

1 week later
#8937 8 years ago

Where can I buy that mod?

1 week later
#9881 8 years ago

Just got a call from my distro...LE's shipping next week or week following supposedly. Have to pony up my balance!

#9885 8 years ago

kpg, sent you a PM.

Pretty large distributor. I'm just relaying info I was told. I really hope this is accurate.

#9886 8 years ago

I'm happy to share my distro but just not sure of the forum etiquette of doing so. Is it okay to share this?

#9888 8 years ago

'Tis why I have not posted it. Let's just hope this is accurate info.

2 weeks later
#11513 7 years ago

Apparently pinball is not the only new ghostbusters game on the market. Just saw this in Gatlinburg today.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11514 7 years ago

I think I want that topper!

1 week later
#12399 7 years ago

Craftsman torpedo level was the best $30 I've spent in pinball. Much more accurate than either iPhone or Android app in my experience.

#12436 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is it the silver one with green digital angle display? They look really nice, think ill order one. I have old school torpedo level and speed square i could check accuracy of phones with, use to frame residential houses for years.
I just played 5 games and not a single ball jumped the outlanes at 6.5 degrees. Only problem ive had is slimer not registering unless hit with good shot. Guys complaining about slings, scoop holes, orbits there all adjustable in settings. I wouldnt base judgment of game if played on location cause there probably not set up right. Allentown games werent set up right that i watched.

yep.

#12437 7 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I was offered this morning 10k for my LE, is this totally sold out and is the demand really this high? I turned it down but if any LE owner would like to sell theirs I can share the buyers info via PM.

That is tempting. I'm really looking forward to my LE but these high numbers certainly make me wonder.

4 weeks later
#14222 7 years ago

Really laggy for me sadly. Guess I'm just going to have to wait it out. So from what I gather it is a drain monster. Hope that doesn't translate into just frustration instead of fun. Really looking forward to the LE but starting to get somewhat nervous.

#14223 7 years ago

Closed twitch and reopened and now streaming great. Doesn't look easy. So hard to get a feel for the game by just watching though IMO.

#14264 7 years ago

Little known there was also a GBLE at the SFGE this weekend. A couple of my buddies have been down there and told me both the pro and the LE are really fun. Tough but fun. Said it is as hard as Met or Tron but not in a frustrating way. Well, I like both those pins pretty well as do a lot of folks so I bet this game ends up being pretty good.

Here is my prediction...LE prices will drop in the next 6 months and a few folks will be able to pick up an LE for about $7k at which time prices will increase (just like Met LE did).

Anyhow, I'm in for a LE already and I don't think mine will be going anywhere for a while. At least I hope not.

I heard mine would ship maybe 2nd week of June which is this week so here is to hoping!

1 month later
#15945 7 years ago

Keeping watch on this. I've been patiently waiting on my GBLE and consoling myself with the "at least issues will be fixed" idea. Well, maybe not!

1 week later
#16391 7 years ago

Got an extra one I can swing by and get sometime?

1 week later
#16604 7 years ago

Got to 16 million and gambled it for the loss which is my best (and worst apparently) attempt.

2 weeks later
#16921 7 years ago

Playing stock LE with no changes other than low cool power. Flippers with regular green rubber. Got a number of extra balls and a nice 80 million held bonus and a couple of 80 million or so skill shots.

Most of my games are maybe 10-20 million and best before this was 270 million.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#16923 7 years ago

I'm also in for Blitz. Bought one tub of it when I started this hobby and still have many, many years left of pinball waxing left in that tub for sure.

4 months later
#17681 7 years ago

Scoring question here (LE running 1.12 with stock flippers but the Pinball Life fix-it kit with center post installed):

Please note I'm not a very good player and so far my GC score I just hit last night is 665 million (was about 1.3 billion before code update):

Most of my games are pretty poor in the scoring department and under 100 million (most closer to 20-50 million) but then I'll have these games where the score blows up and that is usually due to only one amazing ball. It seems to me that to get any kind of decent scoring you have to have 6x PF going and keep it going for a while. For me, the only way that practically happens is with the "K" skill shot which is not an easy shot at all. It seems like such an unbalanced scoring is somewhat more "luck" than "skill" on getting that little ball to drop in the "K" slot. I know those multipliers can be lit using the captive ball but it just doesn't happen for me often at all.

Given that GB is such a penalizing game it would be nice to feel like there is at least a chance of a decent score without the multiplier going. It is highly possible that I'm missing something (besides skill! ) in the way of strategy that could give me a fighting chance of more consistent better scores.

Any and all thoughts to this are appreciated.

Thanks,

Darin

#17683 7 years ago

Well said. When I have a good score and balls remaining I definitely go for the 10% skill shot. Most I think I got was about 85 million before I updated code and scores reset. I have yet to complete a ladder. I've made it to the last ladder insert a few times but never completed one.

Overall I do love this game however. You think it is just better or more consistent to go for mode start skill shots above trying to get the k lane skill shot?

3 weeks later
#17766 7 years ago

I know this has been discussed but thought I'd bring up a thought or question:

I've recently just had my best game and broke 2 Billion and new champ scores for SFMB and Super JP. (v1.13). Obviously while playing MHMB I had the flippers switch action on my 2 different times and even though there is a new sound to warn the player I guess it didn't sink in. So, here's my thought:

Have a setting which allows the player to choose one of the following:

1. Leave SFMB in reversed flippers throughout and ignore the change on captive ball hits

or

2. Leave "as-is" but increase a PF multiplier every time the flippers switch up to some certain maximum. In this scenario there would be some risk/reward as the multiball is very likely not to last as long but if you are able to keep it going it could be extremely lucrative and reward those who could accomplish what I would think to be a very difficult task.

I also have an idea to add some risk vs. reward to the Slimer mode and make it more interesting: Instead of simply cashing in the Super Jackpot after cleaning up one green arrow, why not light another green arrow and have hitting up the second slime double the jackpot. This can go on indefinitely until all the green arrows have been consecutively hit. There would have to be a timer on this mode and the chance to double the jackpot could be lost and the jackpot amount set upon either hitting Slimer again or by collecting the Super Jackpot.

Thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.