IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ghostbusters proof?
I just watched the John's Arcade Stern tour video from start to finish (awesome, by the way...), and noticed a wiring harness board labeled "Harold Pro." Behind it in the picture below (taken from the video), you can see the wiring board for the "Bill Pro", which is for Star Trek. They use code names for their games: Politico for GOT, and I'm assuming "Bill" to pay homage to Shatner for Star Trek. So is "Harold" paying homage to Harold Ramis in Ghostbusters?
Untitled.jpg

Nice sleuthing! Looking forward to seeing this game.

#479 8 years ago

So long as "what did you do ray?" is a callout, take my money.

3 weeks later
#1259 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Ha! That's a great idea!

Very interesting rumor about the marshmallow order! lol Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is any for-certain evidence that GB will be revealed at CES, except that if there really is going to be an LCD in the machine, then that would be the show to unveil it at.
I guess we'll find out next week.

That is a cool rumor on the Marshmellows, lol. All this official speculation is the best marketing of all. Get the fever built up!
I don't think they will announce or release GB at CES next week. It does make sense, I mean the theme would kill with the tech sites and bloggers and whatnot. But, then again, maybe the thought is -- the theme alone will carry the pin whether it is released at a show or released through Video teasers like GOT was. Just look at how many sites picked up that translite leak / rumor.

I think it will be GoT and possibly a SMVE at CES this time. Looking forward to be pleasantly surprised though!

As for the LCD. Two schools of thought here. There are plenty of licensed Ghostbusters scenes in the IGT Ghostbusters Slot machine. It would stand to reason if IGT could make such liberal use of clips for that machine, Stern would have no problem getting licensed video sequences for a pin.

That said, I think it will be dots and I'm totally cool with that. If there is any truth to that leaked translite - it will be dots. I wouldn't expect a full art translite on a machine with an LCD. I would expect that to be more like a Mirror-Glass Logo + LCD. Personally, I'm okay with Stern not rushing to adopt LCD backboxes -- it will significantly slow down new game development and code updates.

Either way I'm stoked about this theme, if the game is good I'll definitely be getting one as well - I'll wait to see the playfield before ordering though.

#1294 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That assumes you know the size of the LCD. I don't think it will be anything like JJP. If it's relatively the same size as the current DMD, or even the larger Sega DMDs, then the backglass art will stay a similar size and layout.

That might be cool but I think the realities of supply chain for an LCD or LED Panel is, you are going to get a standard aspect ratio panel and the typically DMD slot is too wonky of a size.

Arcade Parts Suppliers have been fighting that for years, cramming 16x9 aspect ratio panels into 4:3 aspect ratio holes in arcade cabs. If Stern puts an LCD in the backbox, I don't see it being a custom size. Much easier (ahem: cheaper) to design the backbox around an available display than to re-engineer a display for the backbox.

16" fits nicely between the speaker grills but would make for a 9" tall monitor, just doesn't seem to fit / look right.
I still say GB will be dots. Maybe colored dots at best but probably.. not.

Then again, I'm usually wrong at least twice a day.

#1392 8 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good
» YouTube video

See.. now I have to buy this pin just to change the rom so that this plays during whatever Wizard Mode or hard-to-achieve multiball might exist.

#1447 8 years ago

I too, am very surprised it's Dwight on GB since he just did GOT, but this is a good thing!

I didn't think we'd get a Stern LCD (the smaller, DMD sized one you mentioned) on this game a couple days ago but with Dwight on code, I think we might. I'm wondering if what happened was originally GOT was to be an LCD backbox and at some point, something happened and it got pushed instead to GB, which would have had Dwight straddling the two projects, basically getting the originally-intended-for-GOT LCD-based backbox code switched over to GB assets and the GOT code back over to dots.

#1535 8 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Been to CES past 5 years...Stern has always promoted the last two pins and never announced or released a new title during the show. Assume KISS and GOT will be on the floor. If I get a chance I'll post if I see new code updates on either.

Didn't Wrestlemania get released at CES 2015, to show off SPIKE? (not that I disagree with your core point, I think it will be GOT promotion, mostly this year at CES - a GB teaser video at best in January)

#1581 8 years ago
Quoted from SideTrackTap:

Stern updated their Facebook cover page to this. Maybe we'll get some kind of announcement Monday...
Chris

IMG_4771_(resized).PNG

A 960 x 540 black screen. qHD resolution. Maybe someone uses a crappy feature phone @ Stern to upload to facebook.. Or is 960 x 540 the resolution of the forthcoming LCD screen? Tin-foil-hat: engage.

#1596 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't think the lack of LCD are going to make people not buy a title, it just makes Stern look dated.

I agree! - in fact there is risk. If they don't get the LCD right, it could easily steer some folks away. A poorly implemented LCD could alienate both the "give me new tech, now!" crowd and the red-dot-lover old school "get-off-my-lawn" types.

When they do it, I want them to get it right. (and I think they will)

#1600 8 years ago

Stern updated their Facebook cover page to this. Maybe we'll get some kind of announcement Monday...
Chris
IMG_4771_(resized).PNG

I figured out the whole black screen thing on Facebook. Someone at Stern got one of those, "Set your Cover Photo to <blank> and Zuckerberg might send you some money" chain letters.

77_(resized).jpg77_(resized).jpg

#1624 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

^^^ Yes, it's true... this man has no dick ^^^
» YouTube video

I know it won't be there but I really want this insult in the game.

1 week later
#1953 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why is there so much activity? Is a reveal happening soon? Can't seem to find any confirmation on that.

Some rumors of tease / announce today for GB floating amongst some retailers and distributors with varied opinions on certainty.

I think it was kind-of-assumed there would be one at Texas Pinball Festival in March. Walking back from there in a typical timeline, you'd have a good month of production-ramp up stuff, preceded by the obligatory 'tease' period. Which would put us in prime 'tease' timeframe now->feb.

So many rumors about this thing though, who knows. Hoping we start seeing some movement soon - exciting theme with tons of great potential. Personally, I hope it is awesome and soon: I have a spot set aside for it, if so.

#2131 8 years ago

Same here guys. I really wish they'd just go ahead and announce the details of this worst-kept-secret ever, so I can go ahead and mark "Ghostbusters" on a stack of cash or something else. Personally, I get a little antsy about having the cash earmarked for a pin that I haven't seen when there are so many other great pins out there I haven't owned yet. The potential of this one seems worth seeing what they come up with. Just wish they'd get around to it already or quit leaking stuff.

Here's hoping we'll get.. something.. this week...

original_(resized).jpgoriginal_(resized).jpg

#2181 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

So...... to summarize. Not a single picture of the actual game exists but all LEs are sold out to "insiders". This hobby has become stupid.

With (only) 349 Pinsiders participating in this thread and the bulk of the activity being a handful of those..Many of which are either a) in the know or b) have a sad need to appear as if they are in the know, I'm sure LE's aren't already sold out for a game that isn't even for sale yet. Some distributors are keeping lists of folks who are interested in the next title, some might even take deposits or payments but that doesn't mean those distributors' orders are entered with Stern yet. Because.. you know.. there's nothing to buy yet

I do think the LE's will go quickly on this one, though but I don't believe for a second there won't be a Premium model, Stern's not leaving money like that sitting on the table. Premium tables have been going very well for them.

#2184 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I don't think this game will sell well at all.... Not enough hype

Walken-Cowbell_DS_(resized).jpgWalken-Cowbell_DS_(resized).jpg

#2283 8 years ago

Just a thought: Announcing or shipping on Feb 24th with a thoughtful in memory of.. Harold Ramis from Stern would be totally okay with me. A nod to an acting-comedy great would class up the joint.

04f1250fc7212d85dc15f24688d42c18_(resized).jpg04f1250fc7212d85dc15f24688d42c18_(resized).jpg

#2306 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I heard the announcement will be on February 14th 2016. I received this information from an alien at the Holiday Inn, Paramus...

That is the whole problem with Aliens, you just can't trust em'.

#2360 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Why is Kaneda frozen/banned?

He created a joke account, Kylo Ren to troll people with, he and Robin had a heart to heart apparently afterwards b/c .. that's a no-no.

So back to speculating about speculation...

Given this 30 years of Stern thing, I wonder if they are going to count down to the full 30 (they did 1988 today on FB), then do the announcement for GB at the end for 2016's year.. That seems like plausible speculation-ness...

#2379 8 years ago

For those that have seen this game.. Can you name another game that the play field reminds you of with respect to shots, ramps or layout? (Personally, I was hoping for something CFTBL- Like )

#2387 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

I always thought Lando sung this song..
Lando-Calrissian-7_(resized).jpg

I watched the Classic Game Room review of Pin2k Ep1 last night:

-Where I learned "Lando" is an adjective.

#2400 8 years ago

So what are we speculating these days in terms of an announcement timeline? Is Stern going to make it through 90+ days of the whole every-game-they've-ever made info-cards (which I'm enjoying reading) and then a GB reveal?

(That would be sometime in May if they only do the info-cards on weekdays)

Seems like announcing prior to TPF would be more likely but maybe I'm suffering from a case of uncharacteristic optimism.

#2405 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

It would be a good way to announce though right? Slip it in as the newest one?

It definitely has style points.

#2415 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

So that will be Aerosmith and Star Wars for the fall.

Aerosmith summer, Jurassic World w/ an LCD in the Fall and Star Wars w/ an LCD @ CES 2017 -- then maybe that Jimi Hendrix next summer? I don't know anything about anything, just riffing based on all the rumorings...

Ghostbusters announced in Feb. Will be at TPF for play.

(Fingers crossed that this is how it plays out..)

#2432 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

facebook-20160127-081444_(resized).png

He is Vigo! Our speculation is like the buzzing of flies to him

Stern_(resized).jpgStern_(resized).jpg

(not the best photoshop but I felt it needed to be done, and this conference call I'm on won't end....)

#2435 8 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I am curious how they are going to use the new screen in the playfield. I wonder if it will be interactive, something like Lexy Light speed. Maybe the ball travels over the screen and shoots the GB streams toward Slimmer.

Is that a thing (actual rumor), - GB emulating P3 in some way? That would surprise me.

Modders out there: give me a little refrigerator that pops open occasionally like the POTC chest. Instead of LED letters that are hard to read, put in an OLED screen and show this scene:

zuul_(resized).jpgzuul_(resized).jpg

and have the matching Zuul audio, ZUUL Multiball. (take my money)

#2454 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All I know is that the only thing that would stop Stern from hiring Dan Aykroyd for custom callouts is their pocket books. Slot machine companies have hired him for custom Ray Stanz callouts and hell State Farm had him dress up as a cone head again for a commercial...Make it happen Stern

..and he was in Pixels. Heck, he'd probably do it just to get one of the pins.
Never met him but I've heard from folks that have that Dan Aykroyd's a good dude, he'd probably do it just for coolness points!

Let's hope!

#2517 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Isn't RFM a kind of Pepper's Ghost? It has to do with using reflections to provide illusions.

Yep, it sure is. I consider it the same, anyway. I like me some hologram effects but I hope that doesn't mean we are getting another pin w/ some special-piece of play-field glass that is going to be a pain to source over time.

(like pin2k's polarized mirror-tint-unicorn-tear-glass)

Stage magicians and Disney and my neighborhood halloween enthusiasts get pepper's ghost on regular glass, so here's hoping that happens here too!

#2521 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Nope, this doesn't look nearly as intrusive as the Pin2k projection glass. In fact, the GB one is barely noticeable. I sure didn't see it the first time I looked at the CAD. It's small...only 2-3 inches wide it appears.

That's a relief! I guess for Pepper's Ghost to work and not be able to see the image source / subject, it would have to be down in or around the Apron, kind of like how Star Trek's Laser Projector is tucked in.

(Unless they've invented a micro-short-throw-projector -- which I mean- high fives all around if they did that)

I guess a small LCD in the Apron at a 45 degree to the playfield glass might work?

#2563 8 years ago

In keeping w/ the 10x innovation claim or speculation...

On my wishlist for this game for that to be fulfilled, includes an ESP game video mode that shocks me through the flipper buttons when I guess wrong. Also - detect the gender and hotness of the player and adjust game rules accordingly.

ESP_Ghostbusters_(resized).jpgESP_Ghostbusters_(resized).jpg

also.. if the lockbar button triggers a trap to trap a ghost, someone partner with Star_gazer from his sketch on page 11- and make that pedal a reality

#2584 8 years ago

Patterns..
Game of Thrones Teaser video announcing game of thrones. (The one that showed the silver ball rolling around Westeros)
- September 4, 2015

IGN posted photos of the machine on September 8th

We started getting occasional quick clips of the playfield on September 10th. More quick clips trickled in through September 20th.
The Deadflip / Ritchie broadcast of gameplay was on September 29th.

One was @ expo Oct 14

The first Pinsider, (that I could see) posted a 'It's Landed" thread on 11/30

So... 26 (business) days from first photo reveal to first show appearance.

Assuming a similar schedule w/ TPF as the anchor (which may be an unreasonable assumption) - that would put the reveal timeframe @ Feb 11-12th. Maybe even by the end of this week (feb5)

56ish days from reveal to meaningful shipping. So, your pre-pre-orders could be in your homes and you can be hard core Ghostbusting in your game room by the end of April.

#2717 8 years ago

If we were guessing based on all of these inside sources, are we going to see a reveal of this puppy in February?

#2780 8 years ago

Dream theme. A designer with tons of potential. Off the charts artist on tap. The recipe is there for Stern to make a great pin to honor a great theme. I hope they at least announce/reveal sooner than TPF. But, I guess good things take time.

#2783 8 years ago

I stand corrected. That leak has sprung -- Thanks Lordloss!

Looks cool! Can't wait to see the real deal, should be rad.

#2851 8 years ago

Love me some Stern, Love me some JJP. Love me some [anybody making cool pinball-y things go here]. I don't want to see any of them suffer for internet shenanigans..

I don't see anyone getting fired over this. I mean, it's wholly disrespectful to scoop their stuff on them and release the images prematurely but honestly, this thread crossed the respect-for-Stern's release cycle a *long* time ago with folks trickling in details as fact / having already seen this stuff.

This seems to have a lot of potential, seeing it in a CAD-Mockup versus the final product, with artwork in place - are going to be different things. This getting out wasn't respectful to Stern (and, yeah, I agree that's not cool.) but it won't be damaging to them either. Not even a little.. They are going to sell the crap out of this game and good-on them for it!

#2998 8 years ago

Mood slime. That's what this thread needs.

TheBoysWithMoodSlime_(resized).pngTheBoysWithMoodSlime_(resized).png

If you boys don't be nice, Gary Stern is going to have to hook an NES Advantage Controller to the Statue of Liberty and walk on some cop cars. (she's tough, she's a harbor chick)

maxresdefault_(1)_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(1)_(resized).jpg

#3438 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

we find out every thing on the 14th

200_s_(resized).png

That would be an awesome nod to the movies but I don't think they will release on a Sunday. Have they done Sunday releases before?
Just means the world is going to end before we actually get to see the final pin..

#3539 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Show of hands, who's in on Ghostbusters? Fastest LE sell out for Stern? I think so.

(hand raised) Yep, should be a great title for Stern. Should be appealing for both operator and game room folks.

#3570 8 years ago

Complete devil's advocate here:
What does Robin and Pinside get out of a good relationship with Stern?

playing devil's advocate..
I would contend that making Pinside a hostile environment for pinball manufacturers isn't good for anyone.
(The site, players, manufacturers, etc.) .. and sharing leaked photos and other intellectual property openly (including descriptive - "i've seen it" - details) doesn't exactly make Pinside a less hostile place for them. Why would the number 1 pinball community / site on the web want to position itself to be openly hostile towards the small handful of businesses actually making pins we love? What benefit does that do anyone?

(..and yep, I'm a hypocrite in this line of reasoning because I jumped right over and looked at those pics too.)

Quoted from Baiter:

Considering Stern doesn't support an active presence here from their employees this is a really good question. What happens if pics are posted? Stern stops posting here? Stern stops sending checks to Robin? Stern stops making official announcements on Pinside? None of that happens as it is, so my money is on threat of a lawsuit... that's the relationship.

I'll be foolishly altruistic and say that maybe there is an underlying hope that if we were collectively less-dickish to the manufacturers, they would consider coming back here and engaging (directly) again. Right now, it seems they really can't do anything to satiate the mob. They'll get crucified by art styles, perceived missing features and / or code, not being cheap enough but not being built sturdy enough or by not shipping on time or by not including the voice talent we want or.....

But yeah, maybe somebody lawyered up, who knows. It was interesting how quickly everything disappeared from instagram, reddit, etc. Somebody spent some time (trying to) remove those posts, so I guess they weren't ready for us to see yet.

#3581 8 years ago

I had to look this word up, and I'm still not even sure what it means.
Chris

I might have made it up. I do that sometimes.

#3980 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

*sees 70 new posts on this topic since last visit*
*clicks on topic - thinking oh man maybe some new info has been released on the pin!!!*
*reads 68 posts about Mad Max/Gbusters/exterminators and two with the word pinball*
Yep, I've got my daily Ghostbusters Speculation thread fix

I thought the same thing. Saw the thread float to the top and the activity counter and my hopes were up that something was happening over at Stern, announcement-wise.

Quoted from Flack:

I read multiple times that more would be revealed on 2/14. That day has come and gone with nothing new, any inside info on announcement date?

Yep, sad, I guess that lady followed that Alien back his room at Holiday Inn, Paramus for nothing. I'm starting to think he (the alien) may have had other motives.

.. The next chronological date I've seen knocked around was 2/17. I don't think there was any particular inside info backing it, I think it was based on being 1 month out from TPF and the obligatory announce, tease marketing and factory prep run up with TPF as the anchor date.

#4027 8 years ago

Humorous exchange on Stern's FB page from over the weekend around GB and the Feb14th speculation.

gbEOW_(resized).jpggbEOW_(resized).jpg

#4033 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I did make a thread to discuss the new movie if anybody is interested in continuing the discussion/calling each other names (warning: thread is in the pinside basement) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-new-ghostbusters-reboot-thread
Anyways, onto the discussion of the game, I'm really torn on this one, because I could see it being one of those titles that becomes cheaper to buy new than it is to buy in the used market. Similar to Tron, or AC/DC luci. I could also see it going the other way if its truly the last DMD game from stern. I can see why they are making this one the last DMD game though. If it was a weak license everyone would just wait for the next game with the LCD. You'd have to assume this game and the next game (with LCD) will be sold alongside each other at one point, so they need a strong license to keep people buying this game and not upgrading to the next generation display

Thanks for making the new thread. I hope folks use it

Yep, I agree / I think the LE of this game will be the next Tron LE in terms of second-hand sales w/ over-inflated 'value' unless the game is just a complete bore or they make more LE's than usual. Someone told me they thought it would beat TAF in terms of units-produced but I don't know that I agree with that, the current pinball resurgence and that of the 90's are different. But they will sell a ton of them. I imagine whenever they do dedicate an assembly line to this pin, they may loose that line (availability-wise) to this pin for awhile, if that makes sense.

#4041 8 years ago

I really hope this pin is great. I've passed up on a TOTAN, A LOTR, A Scared Stiff and a Monster Bash in the last 2 months that I normally would have bought and restored.

(Not solely out of speculation around this pin, mind you but the not-knowing on the release of this pin, didn't help. )

What pins have you guys passed up waiting for the second-coming-of Tron LE that is rumored to be GB?

#4078 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Seems like it would be announced once Stern recaps all their games to the present. Makes the most sense?
How many titles left to recap * frequency = GB reveal date.

May 20th? (weekdays only and coming title editions, unless i miss-counted). Makes sense, though.
(Hope it is sooner. Probably be in March unless they are just that far behind on production.)

#4092 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

My life doesn't hang in the balance on when they announce, however...
1) I'm just personally excited to see it
2) I'm just personally excited to see this thread end, aren't we all?

HA! I think I'm actually more excited about 2)

... I just can't bring myself to drain the thread, I want to see it die a peaceful, natural death..

#4310 8 years ago

Well, Harold Ramis passed on February 24th. The wiring diagram in the factory tour had a codename 'Harold'. The 24th is a Wednesday. Stern favors Wednesday reveals. I'd speculate if they don't announce this Wednesday that is safe to assume something didn't go as expected, shipping delays or whatever..

If they do it on the 24th, I hope they class it up with a nod to him, he was a comedy great in my book.

#4381 8 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

May just be for a multiball mode, think "Cross the Streams Multiball" where they emit lights and the beams move and cross each other.

That's actually the aspect I'm most 'meh' on. I really don't want those to be just gimmicks, I hope there is some ball interaction associated with it (like the ACDC cannon) but I just don't see how there could be from that leaked stuff.

#4525 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

A little part of me hopes this whole thing is a ruse.... and Stern leaked some concept stuff they have no plans to produce.

Stern, trolling Pinside? I would be sad to not see GB happen but I would have to respect the hijinks of that kind of move. I think the love of money wins over the desire for pranks on this particular one though.

#4528 8 years ago

They said SMVE started production on Feb 22. There is usually a week+ of teaser videos before real production starts on a game, so there is probably room for them to reveal GB, production-wise. Unless the lines are just backed up on those other games..
(which is possible and consistent w/ rumor)

#4539 8 years ago

Well if they are out in the factory experimenting w/ live-streaming to the FaceSpace, it would seem no GB reveal is coming today.. bummer.

Tell him about the Twinkie.

#4582 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Stern has a factory picture on FB with numerous boxes of parts labeled by game. One of them looks like its labeled "Politico Pro." Maybe I'm just deciphering it wrong; wonder what game that is?

Politico was Game of Thrones, Harold is GB

2 weeks later
#6545 8 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Does anyone know if they're using the actual voices from Bill Murray and all the actors from the movies as call outs instead of what they did with Avengers having impersonators?

I don't know if I heard Bill Murray yet. Hopefully they will have him -

The live stream from yesterday: The ECTO-1 siren sounded incredible and I think it sounded excellent overall. I was a little disappointed to hear they used Ernie's voice for some obviously-meant-for BillM callouts.

(Nice shootin' Tex, I'm testing the effect of negative reinforcement on ESP Ability, etc)

Ernie's cool, glad they got him I just don't like that cross-over of one character mimicking another character's lines.
I wonder if BillM didn't even allow them to lift his audio from the movie? (Hope not.) Does pinball browser work w/ SPIKE?

I was in on a preorder for a GB LE and got out to pick up a couple other pins that have been on my dream list (Scared Stiff, Monster Bash). Kinda sorry I got out now after seeing it all but at least the Premium looks like it'll be a nice offering later on when I'm ready to trade something out.

2 weeks later
#8839 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Might not stay with GB, or TH?
I played TH LE at TPF and the back left VUK was struggling a few times while I played. Had to pop the ball several times before it made the turn to get to the ramp. It's a bummer that little setting tweaks and playing issues are still popping up on JJP games, they make a great looking product, and TH plays a lot better than WOZ.
I'm just waiting for my call for my GB, which will be delayed I guess.

I've (also) toyed with the idea of bailing on a Hobbit SE and trying to get someone's GBLE. That said, that consideration was more around themes and my gameroom usage than these games themselves. (I guess I'm going to have to settle for a GB Premium and keep HobbitSE too: 1st world problem)

That said and not to derail the GBNess of this thread with JJPness: those little setting tweaks on JJP games are really minor. I keep my WOZ extra steep, everything waxed and fast and I noticed when I did this, the ball on the left VUK to a wireform near the ball would hop the wireform most of the time. Simple enough to just dial an individual coil up or down in settings. The folks should have done that with the back left VUK you described here. I don't know why people don't take the extra ten minutes to play a couple of test games and tweak a game correctly for it's current location, pitch and area.

#9003 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Small as in 20% or less small.

I don't think that is right. I'd be surprised if it is. I asked Gary about this at a show in 2014 and he said at that time the home collector vs operator markets were "about even" but didn't elaborate. It looks like others took a stab at guessing on this about a year ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-machine-sales-what-private-collectors-vs-operators

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just my guess.
We have quite a few in my area.

- I don't know the numbers but I would be shocked if this were the case. I can drive to maybe 10 collectors from my home, each with 6+ titles ready to play. I can only put my finger on about 6 working pins in that same radius on location. Operators I have bought games from tell me they loose money on pins, with maintenance factored in (In our region anyway).

I think the GB Pros get the early treatment for export reasons (time to be delivered across the big pond) and extra development time related to those feature deltas that appear in the Premium or LE.

1 week later
#9737 8 years ago

I think the ecto-goggle thing is a cool idea.

As for the confusion here, it is just pepper's ghost. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper%27s_ghost

The way pepper's ghost works is - you are looking through glass as a 45-ish degree angle. If something is properly illuminated at the opposing 45-ish degree from the perspective of the glass, boom - you get a partially transparent reflection. It is like the ballroom at the Haunted Mansion at Disney World / Phantom Manor at Disney Land. As has already been posted, it will work exactly the same as revenge from mars but instead of seeing the reflections on the playfield glass, you will see them on the octo-goggle disc.

So, it won't appear like the ghost is hovering on top of that disk, you will see it through the disc from the player's angle - the ghost will appear to be in that lane below the disc.

I'm looking forward to see how it integrates with ball travel in that lane.

#9953 8 years ago

So there is a huge discrepancy here where some are saying LE's are pushed back until July, while others say LE's are running and shipping by Early May. At this point, I think it is safe to assume that the MagnetoSlings have warped the very fabric of spacetime.
heliosphere-interstellar-magnetic-fields_(resized).jpgheliosphere-interstellar-magnetic-fields_(resized).jpg

Possibly a good topic for Peter Venkman's next episode of World of the Psychic.
psychic3_(resized).pngpsychic3_(resized).png

#10620 8 years ago

I was surprised he doesn't have any games at home. I wonder if that is a: "don't bring work home with me", thing or if Stern picking him up off the street was more towards being accurate than hyperbole. Was he on tough times? (Hope not).

At any rate, nice write up, I'm glad he's designing games and it looks like he is poised to have a mega-hit in this one.

#10818 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I can't help but think how I secretly wish Lyman would have done the rules for this game. I'm sure Dwight's are cool because he does some great coding.. but man.. Lyman's would have been on a totally different level here.

Meh. Dwight's got this. They have a helluva start from what I've seen out there, I have no doubt it will get even better. Nothing against Lyman but I'm not with you on wishing away one dev for another.

Maybe I should illustrate. Look at Star Trek. It's a great looking game but from the Raw-materials perspective, we have very limited number of modes, a relatively repetitive center shot.. To take something like that and give it depth - was development skill, IMO. Dwight and Lonnie turned it into a super fun game. Not hard to get the Captain's Chair but they interspersed modes to give you ways to keep it fresh. Not to mention, I find myself playing against the medals system more than the core objectives most of the time - that was a great add, I thought.

I feel like there are more raw-materials to work with here on the design of GB, I look forward to seeing what they come up with!

#10932 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Every time Stern does a live factory tour, and Ghostbusters LE is not on the line, an angel loses its wings.

I think the magneto-slings became self-aware and are searching, half-naked through the streets of Chicago for John Conner.

Quoted from Mando:

Yea and hardly any pro's all Star Trek ... Makes you wonder ?

It is pretty fascinating to see how they can re-tool the lines and run different games. Probably need to run as many different games in the backlog as they can because there is going to be alot of ghostbustin' in that factory for the foreseeable future.

Don't really see how the LE's can be out in early to mid-may at this point but fingers crossed for you guys that are on the hook for one. Qty of 500 won't take them long to push out. What is that, a week for Stern?

#10942 8 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Overseas first? I didn't know that Stern HATES AMERICA!
Seriously though... why?

Overseas units ship first, because they’re sent by boat, so when the shipment gets where it needs to be the US customers start getting theirs at the same time.

src - http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/03/10/stern-spills-the-ectoplasmic-details-on-ghostbusters-pinball/195811/

- this made me LOL.

#11008 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Oh but you have that free healthcare and free college and all that free stuff that isn't free just like Bernie wants here.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11070 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern playfields have always been a crapshoot. They finally solved their color registration issues, so at least that always looks good. But honestly you never know if you're gonna get a playfield that's perfect and smooth like glass, or soft and prone to dimpling, or thin and prone to wear. I haven't bought a game in a while but my ACDC Prem, Met LE, and IMve look very nice. My old IM had a "wood ribbed" look to it...new one is glassy smooth.

This. My ST Premium is a dimple monster. Doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game and looks great to everyone elses' eyes who aren't as obsessive as I am but It was odd compared to my POTC, IJ4, two friends MET Pros, and Avatar which are all (reasonably) dimple-free and glossy still, with proper maintenance.

1 month later
#14505 7 years ago

Probably been mentioned already, this thread is too long for my ADD but there was an GBLE (and a couple of Pros) at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo, this weekend.. The thing is, it wasn't the usual prototype game, this had the number plaque and whole deal. (21 I think it was). It had someone's name on it (Thanks to John/Jane Smith for providing..) but it was at the Marco booth.

I did hear that Marco had to pull some strings to get it to the show and that it might have skipped a little QA time...

Maybe this is a sign that the LE's have been run and are in QA... ? Fingers crossed.

The GB Pro's and LE all stayed constant with plays. I'd like to have heard what the game count for the weekend was but I heard the neighboring SMVE (same booth) was about ~500 plays. Ball times were pretty short but some players had good games. I played both machines alot. They kept me coming back, even with 8-12 person lines behind them.

I was in on an LE and bailed when the whitewood leaks came out. I got back in on a Premium, recently.

Side by side - The pro reminded me of Metallica (not in gameplay but in quality) - it just seemed like a well built, feature rich game. The art was awesome. I wish I could have heard the game more because what small parts I could make out - sounded epic.

I've been one that was excited about the magna slings and just a little 'whatever' about the ecto goggles. The magnaslings worked great and I have to say the ecto-goggles well-exceeded my expectations in person. The illusion looked great and added something to the game in much of the same way the Tron Arcade mod did on my Tron.

.. of the two games, I had my best game (a mere 300 million or so) on a pro but I thought the LE actually felt more controllable (for some reason)..

On a down-note, the LE / Slimer mech - arm got disabled twice during the weekend - it was giving them problems but they fixed it both times. I know we'd all like the RL Carriers truck to pull up tomorrow with our big Red Logo'd brown boxes of fun but I'm glad Stern (seems to be) addressing issues and not shoving crap down our throats. I think they know, if they get this right, this game is going to be a smash hit for them.

Getting to play them at the show just reinforced my excitement for this game!

keep on bustin' bustin' bustin'...

3 weeks later
#15293 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Dave & Buster's

I went to one in Dallas a couple weeks ago. Seemed like they were getting their GB promo on.

One thing, I did not understand the Ghostbusters arcade game they were promoting. It seemed like it might have been neat (have great sound, etc) - but then these stupid ping-pong balls are launching at the bottom of the game while you are playing, making a bunch of noise. Totally didn't understand the point of the ping pong balls in that game.

#15300 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I picked up my GBLE on this past Friday.

killer line up and congrats on your GBLE

1 week later
#15482 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Any info on when the premiums will hit the factory line and start shipping?

I'm being told my premium will ship first week of August. The date has slipped a couple of times but seeming to see other indicators that point to an early august premium-shipping-to-homes timeframe.

3 weeks later
#16185 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Home and safe with my GB Le.

(I hope that was just excellent photoshop shenanigans..)

But..if not why do that to such a nice ride?

My SLK 350 will not be hauling pins.. ever. Rent a truck..

#16247 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Pinball Life had them last week. I snatched one up.
Email Terry and ask him when he expects them back in: [email protected]
They usually just show up on the home page.

These Pinball Universe Upgrade kits are back in stock at pinball life: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4255

I wonder when the LE / Premium playfield protectors will be out..

#16287 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I thought it was interesting that the last Facebook Stern video shows their Ghostbusters with Carrot Flippers installed.

Yep. Factory / Designer - purists minds are now blown. Interesting indeed!

1 week later
#16569 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Are premiums shipping yet?

Some distros have been saying they are on the line this week. Pics or it didn't happen, though - right?

1 week later
#16845 7 years ago

Looks like GB Premiums on the line, Stern's facebook live feed..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=visi0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.