IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#751 8 years ago

pic is posted on the This Flippin Podcast FB page that Tsskinne and I do.

We were asked to remove the picture from our Facebook page and out of respect to Pinball and not wanting the license to be jeopardized we pulled the picture

#788 8 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

"Pinball?"
Capitalized... must be like God...
Or Santa.
Weak.
-Mark

The message was voice recorded, not sure why it capitalized Pinball.

I've been asked to not post stuff before, and obliged the request, by Spooky and JJP If there is a conspiracy it's all of them against us, not just Stern.

#808 8 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I find it hard to believe that this could be the actual artwork.
It looks absolutely ridiculous and amateurish to me. Whoever "leaked" this must be rolling on the floor laughing with all the attention this is getting.

It may not be the final artwork but doesn't mean it's not art made for the game.

#847 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I agree on the translite being pretty awesome!! It is a little more brightly colored than I would prefer but I would gladly have that than a wretched GOT Photobomb type display. Very, Very excited for this pin! This could be be my first Stern!

Not to be a stalker but I looked at your collection and you currently don't have any games. What would this game have that others before it haven't? Is it solely on theme? Just curious.

#872 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

TaylorVa - You are correct - I own none but am in on The Big Lebowski and an Alien LE. I have the ability to get into pinball now and certain themes just really appeal to me (nostalgia). I grew up a kid in the 80s and loved the Ghostbuster movies (II was just ok) ... they are actually on TV now as I write this I am a huge Bill freaking Murray fan as well. That said, the gameplay has to be there. I played TBL at Chicago and I am still waiting on more Alien deets but am very encouraged by what I heard from Andrew at Pinburgh.

Very cool. It's nice to see people getting excited enough about new games to dive in.

2 weeks later
#1642 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It is also when Dead Flip usually goes live

Jack is in VA for the Pinball Done Quick event

#1781 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one buys from local distributors. I buy from Trent/Tilt Amusmeents in Ohio. All games ship from Chicago - distrib is just the middleman.

I do.

1 week later
#2009 8 years ago

How about we play the game before calling it a "home run?" I've heard it's a cool looking game but there is a lot more to a game than looks. That said I do hope it's as badass as it's being pumped up to be.

#2012 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Taylor you right, "home run" probably isn't enough, Grand Slam!...is likely more appropriate. Plus with stern's easy peel and stick decal system they are practically interchangeable. Trudeau with the walk-off!

I hope it is a grand slam. What would that be? Great art, layout, toys and code?

#2079 8 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Maybe i missed it, but was there and estimate date for the release of GB?

February

#2097 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

bah! I'm probably gonna order an LE, I have a feeling I'm really going to like it. Now I'm looking around the game room to see what to get rid of to pay for it... probably BF and Radical! ....
What are people pre-ordering LEs at ? $7200?

Feel the exact same way.

#2123 8 years ago

I consider myself a very pragmatic person in this hobby and the first thing I did when I saw the pics that are floating around was try to figure out which game I could unload to fund a GB.

#2324 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I'm for the full sized light bar with blue flashing beacons. I know some will want a miniature Ecto-1, and I'm sure that will be a mod, but I'm hoping for full sized.

would work on the pro but not LE. And with the extras the LE/Prem have it will be the one to get.

#2327 8 years ago

That makes no sense. Toppers aren't included....so the Premium/LE will be as blank at the top as he Pro.

it will make sense... yes, I'm being one of those guys. My apologies.

1 month later
#4735 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sony Pictures is the license holder.
There's a big difference here than with a standard reveal. Stern had a big asset leak. They lost control of the marketing message months ago. They never even tried to take it back. That's sloppy. Basic marketing is to control the conversation about your product. They're not.

Of course they tried to take it back. If a concussion is not a health update I'm worried about you.

#4870 8 years ago

Tom Skinner and I will be recording our podcast, This Flippin Podcast, tonight. We will be focusing on The Pinball Podcast's reaction to the GB leak and what North Face's next jacket may look like. Also delve into Kaneda's reaction to Pinside's reaction to his reaction on various issues.

Sorry for spamming the GB thread, seems the trend.

#4885 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if there is something interesting about GB and the leak, please direct us to a general time point. I attempted to listen and could not make it more than 5 minutes in before realizing I dont have 1hr 40min to listen to find some snippet on this topic. If you are going to cross post/ spam then at least do the audience the favor of telling us where in the segment you are going to talk about the subject.

I take a lot of iron before listening. Gives me some good sit down time.

#4888 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Those take about 3 sec of time.

So you've only spent 15 hrs of your life posting on Pinside? I think you need a little reality check there.

1 week later
#6771 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I still don't quite get this, will have to see it in action
So you hit the right ramp,ball goes all the way up to the gate and comes back down, around and to the right flipper
Might feel like a slow dead end shot?

Kind of like the monopoly left ramp. In multiball will be interesting as you may be shooting into the path of a ball coming from the other side of the ramp.

#6777 8 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Looking at the pic from IGN:
http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2016/03/09/stern-ghostbusterspro-details-06jpg-0d86a2.jpg
The diverter (which you can see there if you zoom in big, by the gozer plastic) isn't electronic, it's physical and just 2 screws. I wonder if by removing it you can make the ball go all the way around? Wonder if that's feasable? hehehe

It's not really a diverter but a one way gate that prevents the ball from traveling back down the left entrance. You could remove it but most ramps are designed to punish the shooter when not made so a ball tracking back down that entrance could have a less than friendly return.

#6811 8 years ago

This is a different kind of game. I'm glad for some original thinking.
Think of Addams Family. Does "The Power" magnets make it unplayable?

It doesn't make it unplayable but the magnets in TAF are also predictable.

The magnet slings are what I am most interested in seeing as it is unlike anything we have seen before in pinball, being that close to the flippers could make for some really wild ball motion. While there is randomness to pinball there is also an element of control, wether perceived or real, that helps make a game enjoyable. After playing some epic games of WOZ only to lose a ball or 2 from the witch magnets I sometimes have to just walk away smh.

It really sounds like the slings could be an incredibly special feature, but it could also be one of the most frustrating features implemented in a pinball machine if it causes cheap drain after drain. Magnet slings with Trudeau gapped flippers could make for some really brutal games.
That said, there is a lot of amazing stuff packed into the frame of a regular body pin.

#7597 8 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

Great video of Keith Elwin, the game really comes alive at this angle, vs the top down view for the deadflip stream . Not sure if this is just his playing style, but the game did seem very focused on the right flipper. I would guess 70-80% of his shots where coming off the right. Not sure how this will impact on the games balance longterm. I know the Premium & Le have the right hand ramp returning to the left flipper, which will probably make a big difference. Also I'm guessing the pepper ghost toy will require shots from the left and may be a crucial aspect of the game (seems too cool a toy not to utilise). The Pro looks to be a full package and not striped down like some recent examples, however I think the premium will have much better balance and flow.
After listening to the THIS FLIPPIN PODCAST interview with John Trudeau I will say I'm a little skeptical of the magnet flippers. The whole interview John seems excited to be talking about the game, particularly the premium/Le subway ramp, which is obviously a feature he is extremely proud of. However when it comes to the magnet flippers, he becomes much more coy and noncommittal. I don't think they are necessary a bad element, it maybe the case that there is still a lot of coding to be done on them. Its seemed like he thought the slings are going to be very polarising, either love them or loath them, I was maybe hedging his bets a little. Either way I wasn't convinced they are a major step forward from listening to the interview. Anyone else get a similar vibe?

I got that sense as well. I think the code to make the slings work like they want is going to take some time so not sure he knows all they will do when done.

3 weeks later
#9556 8 years ago

I have similar concerns about the interaction with the magna slings. Watching this weekend's PAPA action on LAH and the crazy magnet action on that game has me really interested to see how these work in a Multiball situation. Too bad they couldn't use traditional slings and the magnets, the effects the magnets could have if they work as planned sound very cool.

#9562 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Correct. Short version...
short pulses 'sling' the ball in the direction of the magnet attraction. Instead of holding the ball.. you 'throw' it by using precise timing and pulses of the magnet.
Sanctum wear is in part by grabbing and parking the ball and 'pulling' it down causing more drag. It's the holding over the wood (vs on the magnet core itself) that causes more wear.

Trudeau talked about the different ways the magnets would interact with the ball including playing catch which would indicate to me that the ball would "trap" on the magnet similarly to the way the sanctum interacts with the ball.

2 weeks later
#11572 7 years ago

are the flippers on GB suppose to be in line with the inlane guides? The one on location near me has them more in the I500 position. Makes trapping hard as f*&*C

#11574 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Tough to trap for sure, but not impossible.
I've found myself using dead bounces more than any other game. Scoop on the right kicks to left flipper for dead bounce to right flipper trap. Ball coming out of the right orbit leads to dead bounce on right flipper to left flipper trap. Also, if the ball comes down the farthest in lane, just hold the flipper up for a nice pass to the other flipper for a trap.
Game is all about ball control and making your shots. No flailing allowed.

I'm talking specifically of the angle of the flipper. They were pointed downward like the position in Indy500. The picture posted elsewhere in this thread they look like they are pointed more in line with the ball guide that feeds the flipper.

#11582 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yup. It's no different than any other game once you get used to playing it.

Im not familiar with I500. Here is what mine look like. Plays fine by me.

20160501_123752_(resized).jpg

Yep, that's what they look like. I don't mind the lower position, just wasn't sure that's how they were all shipping. Definitely makes the game an on the fly game which I really did like.

#12297 7 years ago

I've put over 30 games on a pro between local location and Pinfest and the game is very fun. The more I play the less out of control it felt when I first played the game. Once complaint is the Scoleri drops caused bricked airballs to fly over the flippers, not sure what is up with that but other than that I thought the game was phenomenal. Sound at the show was turned up and it sounded great, love the light show for Storage Faciltiy MB. They really knocked this one out of the park.

#12402 7 years ago

Finally got Mass Hysteria today. Game is the real deal and the code this soon after release is excellent.
Going to pick one up but can't go premium just yet.

1 week later
#13109 7 years ago

Played a friends pro yesterday and can't say enough about how well Stern has done with this game. Game is solid all around. Still some bugginess with the new code and his Slimer mech needs fine tuning but it is an the game is going to be the biggest game we have seen in a long time.

The feeling I get from this table is the same as I had playing TAF back in the early 90s. There was something that just sucks you in to the gameplay and from there hooks you with simple visual gimmicks to keep you coming back. TAF it was things hand, GB is Slimer. Light show on both games is fantastic as well and while GB doesn't have the dynamic MB start of the POWER, it is still an impressive light show that gets the fingers twitching.

While the shots are tight after having about 40 games under my belt they are starting to get dialed in. The right ramp is tight and intimidating but build up a big PKE jackpot and collect it you'll want to kiss Trudeau on the head for all the tough love this game dishes out.

Callouts and music are great and varied. Was laughing to some of the movie quotes and the music during one of the modes has a great synthesizer vibe that takes you back to 80s, simply spot on.

Art is obviously outstanding and the game feels solid. Code still needs some work to work out bugs and enrich an already solid core code. Mass Hysteria is about as deep as I've gotten in the game and it would be nice to have the game really announce the mode. I'd personally like to see the game shut down similarly to TZ going into LITZ so as to really build up the mode. I've read complaints about the flipper reverse, but don't feel that myself. It's chaotic and mind ending when you keep reversing and reversing buy it seems fitting for a mode named Mass Hysteria, it is a blast.

Stoked for everyone getting one and can't wait to play a premium/LE soon. I will be adding a GB To my collection event though a game or two will have to leave. I'm really interested to see how the Premium holds up to the pro as I just don't think there is much to improve upon. Instant classic.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#13136 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Nice first time I heard what it does, a semi video mode

Not a VM, just a mode.

#13141 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

If hiting ramps changes the ecto 1 driving animations and points are awarded based on how good you drive ecto 1 it would seem that would be part video mode but I haven't played so not exactly sure what all is going on.

I think my idea of VM is different than yours. Most DMD games have animations and awards that correspond to shots being made. I consider a VM a mode in which the player stops playing pinball and just does stupid crap on the DMD. VM is the only weak part of GB IMO.

#13143 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Now that it's getting real close, I'm hoping that those magna slings are coded up a bit more. I'm but worried about them too much, but they're really the only thing that is a question mark for me at this point. I've talked with people who have played with them and have been assured that they're great, but I'm just dying to get personal hands on with them.

Go pro and don't look back.

#13215 7 years ago

What happens if the ball jumps the flipper? Can it drain out those two cutouts by the center of the apron?

#13295 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I played some more GB Pro today and still think it's a pretty fun game. I found the right ramp strangely rewarding when I was able to make a good shot on it. I thought I would hate that ramp, but it's actually kind of fun because it's not an easy shot. Plus there's 3 levels of switches to get when you shoot the ramp which means your shot success is 'variable'.
Rob

Agree on that right ramp. Frustrating at first but once you get a feel for it it becomes super satisfying.

#13335 7 years ago

ColorDMD and I'll be good. Game is pretty solid out of the box.

#13346 7 years ago

I ordered a pro. Don't mind the right ramp and the Magnaslings looked meh.

#13365 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

First impressions count for things. Especially a game that might be on location. You think someone's going to pump $40-$50 into a game before they decide if they like it? Not on the planet I'm on.

I had a similar first impression when I first played it but after getting some decent time on it the game didn't play as unfair as it first seemed.

#13553 7 years ago

Anyone get the protectors from Stern that Lasserific did? If so could job post a pic? Thanks

#13621 7 years ago

Is there a Cliffg for the storage facility saucer?

#13762 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I totally agree. I think the Premium/LE is going to be the way to go on this title. The right ramp on the pro kills the flow and is clunky. To watch it roll up half way and then roll back down is weird. I wonder if it would have been better to omit the ramp on the pro model or make it wrap around to out lanes. To make a ramp that is not continuous does not make much sense unless you have an objective to reach a certain level like a high striker amusement machine. The further you make it up the ramp the more points you would receive.

The higher you hit on the ramp the more ghost you collect so it does work like how you describe. Personally I don't think the flow is killed that much and the game should give you a moment to catch your breath from time to time.

#13771 7 years ago

The Prem/LE ramp entrance is just as tight as the pro so if people dislike how hard the shot is its not going to be improved over the Pro.

#13794 7 years ago

Oh no!! I bought a pro for my home. I'll make sure to check with this group next time I'm spending my money.

#13795 7 years ago

And some people want the Pro to be something it's not.

I've put 50+ games on a pro and know exactly what the fuck it is, fun.

#13857 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

OK is it douchebag day on Pinside? This is totally uncalled for.

Mr Pinball just teaching all us newbs a thing or two about how this hobby works.

#13930 7 years ago

GB pro won best in show at the NWPS. Idiots.

#13964 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

it's
of course never played the premium, but the different design of the right ramp feeding the left flipper would make a different pin to play.

Not sure why people prefer the return to the left flipper so much, more shots are set up for the right and a rolling pass from the right to left is pretty easy with the way the flipper angle is set.

#14063 7 years ago

Should make it go nuts during Mass Hysteria

#14117 7 years ago

Southern Fried Game Room Expo..

#14120 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I just can't get over how much better the back glass on the LE looks compared to the washed out translite on the premium and Pro.

I was wrong about this, it is a backglass.

It's not a backglass, it's a translite.

#14122 7 years ago

Crappy unboxing video. If you want cinematography go to a movie.

#14124 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Really the LE is a translite ??

From what I could tell? Yes. Does it look great? Yes.

#14133 7 years ago

I stand corrected. We just took it out and it is a backglass. Sorry about that, when we looked at it yesterday it looked like it was a translite.

#14134 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does the LE have a metal apron?

It is

#14367 7 years ago
Quoted from eliottk:

Hello,
at this moment I saw that some inserts on my GB starts ghosting (see picture), the machine is 2 weeks old and about 160 games are played!!!
See this thread for more information:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious
Is this truly the quality we want from an over 5K Euro expensive machine?
Stern has to react on this, this is not my first pin with this issue from Stern, at the beginning of this year I had an GOT-PRO with the same issue. All other Pins in my Gameroom are good but the last games of Stern are of such a poor quality!!!
Does anyone else have this on their GB?
Kind regards
Eliottk

I've seen it on another GB. Was much worse than your pic.

#14374 7 years ago

I've played a lot of GB at this point. Played pros on location, in a private collection and at 2 shows including an LE. I've probably put 100 games on them and have no issue with the flipper gap and don't understand the complaining. Is it wider? Yes, but that said the game is not as out of control as people make it seem. There is a way to approach the game early that will set the player up for consistently deep runs. Before people start bastardizing the game with wider flippers I'd suggest really spending time on the game and really consider where the ball feeds and approach it strategically.

#14378 7 years ago
Quoted from eliottk:

Hello,
at this moment I saw that some inserts on my GB starts ghosting (see picture), the machine is 2 weeks old and about 160 games are played!!!
See this thread for more information:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious
Is this truly the quality we want from an over 5K Euro expensive machine?
Stern has to react on this, this is not my first pin with this issue from Stern, at the beginning of this year I had an GOT-PRO with the same issue. All other Pins in my Gameroom are good but the last games of Stern are of such a poor quality!!!
Does anyone else have this on their GB?
Kind regards
Eliottk

Here's a pic from the LE that was at SFGE. This was opened on Thursday. I'm in on a pro but don't love seeing and hearing about the current playfield issues.

#14383 7 years ago

That's an awful lot of common sense for some Pinsiders.

I'm not going to put people on blast for finding the game frustrating, it takes time to figure out the shots and if dropping dollars to do it I'd be similarly frustrated. It reminds me of my reaction to when I first played TWD and how the exit from the pops just killed the experience. Instead of dropping coin I just decided to move on down the line.

#14414 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Didn't most games suffer from Ghosting back in the day? How do you prevent it? And yes, I would not take a pin that had this defect. Gomez indicated that Stern was aware what home collectors expect...but this, decals peeling...it all seems like Stern's QC could sink their own resurgence.

ghosting is tricky as it can happen after 2 days or 10 months. The playfield may be leaving the factory looking fine so QC on Sterns end may be fine but not in the manufacturing of the playfield. This playfield seemed fine out of the box.

#14423 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't care about the gap, what's your opinion on GB at this point Taylor? Love it, hate it, just ok?

I have a pro on order and contemplated upgrading to a premium while at SFGE. Being able to play them back to back was really interesting and made
comparisons much easier.

I think the value is there between the pro and premium as far as what you are getting on the playfield as the premium playfield is packed and makes the pro defiently look like the pro version. I do not think the Premium has much more value playwise over the pro though.

The Magnaslings are cool but it's gimmicky and could get old quick.

The right ramp is nice as it breaks up the lower playfield with the crossing wire form, it may be easier to hit as the opening may be more angled while having the same opening size of that makes smear.

Main ramp is really cool but we had issues with the ball launching over it. Some foam was put under the spring steel to deaden the springiness and that seemed to fix it. The ball would frequently get caught up under the playfield and would have to get kicked out into play from the scoop. That was annoying as hell. I heard the Premium at RMPS was fine.

Slimer moved more and did seem to register hits more frequently. On his decent into the playfield area he would bump into the pop area sculpt which seemed clunky.

Ecto glasses were meh. The image was small and really unnoticeable while playing. It's a neat gimmick when you walk up to the game and see the image in there but that's about it other than just filling up the game. I could see modders making something that could look just as cool. It does interact with the ball and ghost explode but you don't see it when focused on the ball.

Art package on the LE was stunning and the backglass is vibrant.

Play wise I think the pro is faster without the clunkiness of some of the upgraded components. The premium/LE is packed though so value is there for what they put on it, I just don't see that value carry over into the game play.

I'd be happy to own either.

#14428 7 years ago

I don't think so. Unlike traditional slings, they can be tweaked and improved with code.

Nothing "meh" about the Ecto Goggles. A very nice addition, and gives some "modernity" to a game that still has a DMD.

Have you played a premium or LE?

You are arguing against my opinion. I respect you have a different one, but it's different than mine.

I agree the code could make the slings more dynamic, I'm just talking about what I experienced while actually playing that game as it sat.

I talked to someone that was at RMPS and they said the game didn't have the issues I described but once again I can only reference my actual experience playing a game on a the LE that was at SFGE.

#14438 7 years ago

I don't expect to be looking at them all the time. However, when you have the ball cradled on the left flipper, you have time to view them, see the ghost, and make the shot.

Agreed. Like I said, while playing I hardly ever noticed it.

#14446 7 years ago

And just to reiterate a point that may have been lost, I'd be happy with either pin. The Premium features on the LE playfield certainly seem worth the upgrade cost from a pro. I am selling a couple games to get the pro and not sure the additional $1500 is worth it to me. I met several LE/premium buyers at SFGE and am stoked about how stunning of a game they are getting.

#14449 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

The 1700 for the prem over pro seems worth it especially if the prem gets significant additional code for slimer, mag slings and ecto goggles the LE is really all for art/theme the 3k over pro is hard to swallow let alone 5k.

That's what is killing me on what to get. As it stands I don't think the value is there in gameplay but code could change that.

#14457 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Exactly like the WOZ Crystal Ball.

Pretty much.

#14464 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What happened with WOZ crystal ball?

It doesn't do much.

#14509 7 years ago

Was putting up a GC score at SFGE and the LE locked on and did a full reboot.

#14511 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Bummer, what was your score?

440k+ when the lights locked on and it rebooted. My best on a pro is a billion plus but on a newly cracked GB I was stoked with anything over 200k.

#14524 7 years ago

Carrot flippers are a joke, right?

#14599 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nope they are very real. Bally atlantis, Radical, Bugs bunny, escape from the lost world all use them.

I know they are real, just can't believe people are putting these on the game. SMH

#14605 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

A local arcade up here has a Ghostbusters Pro model and the pin looks beautiful but that's about the only positive I can say with regards to the pin. It's two weeks old and it's ghosting and it's a clunker! Talked to the owner who had an LE on order for himself he cancelled it once he played the pro machine. He's also not happy with the quality that Stern seems to cranking out their new machines and the price they are charging. Gameplay will improve with code but it's going to take alot more than a code update to convince me to buy one. Stern needs to improve their quality of work. $5k for a pro model and two weeks later it's falling apart!
I'm glad I didn't buy this turd of a machine!

What's failing on it?

#14657 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IM kicks ass, despite the fact that it kicks my ass on a regular basis. But the reason it kicks ass is that the ruleset perfectly compliments the short ball times on that pin.
Can the same be said for the ruleset on GB?

who says the ball times on GB are short? It's a tough game but like IM experience will make the game more playable.

#14659 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Didn't answer my question though. Does the ruleset compliment the layout/ball times? You say it's a tough game, but in the prior sentence you seem to indicate that the ball times are not short.
How is it a tough game if the ball times aren't short?

Its tough to play safely while advancing through the game. Strategy starts at the plunge and if you miss the hurry up or captive ball shots while in ball save you have some tricky shots to get set up to play a mode or MB.

#14728 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You have to hit GHOST to start Slimer, then defeat Slimer to light mode start.

So can you just hit ghost, drop Slimer, hit him once and make the green shot to start?

1 week later
#14961 7 years ago

How did this become a Hobbit thread?

#14974 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

And what would this solve? Captive Ball Lane Support? I do not own a GB but am wondering what this would do?

Looks like a support to stop that ball guide from being bent.

#14999 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Gotta love how everything is a competition between two pin manufacturers with you.
Someone posts something negative about Stern so you automatically go into your allegation that it must be a JJP zealot. And you just made a post complaining about Hobbit being brought into this thread? Hypocrisy much?

You guys need to get a room.

#15028 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm getting nervous about delivery times overlapping with my week-long vacation. I teased someone about them missing their delivery because of vacation, now it might happen to me. Haha. Of course. Wait all this time and then it finally hits at the worst moment.

First world problems envy your problems, sheesh.

#15038 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You just spent like 40 days in secluded paradise right after getting an MMR.

Well that's true, but still.

#15071 7 years ago

Magnaslings looked 100% better than the one I played at SFGE.

Thanks for posting the video.

#15104 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Haha where are all the whiners about the mag slings after that video!?! And all the Who's in Whoville cried out boohoo. The slings look really good and thanks for the killer videos. Feeling better about my decision!!

In fairness to the boohooers, I was certainly one, the video that Stern created and the subsequent Deadflip stream were really unimpressive. When I played a LE the slings were really unimpressive. What was shown on the video was by far the best action from the slings I've seen. I hope in game they work as well as they did when a hand is throwing the ball directly into the rubber.

#15125 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BK2K is "intended" to be a 5 ball game. I changed mine to a 3 ball game! Send Steve Ritchie to my house to pummel me upside the head for going against his intent!!!!
All pinball machines have adjustments. Set yours the way you like. Don't judge others who do it differently on their own games. Trudeau isn't infallible. Did he design the game to dribble down the center or airball over the flippers? If so, he didn't do his job well, and owners of the game reserve the right to change it to make it more fun.

Or just don't buy the game and get one with a design you like. Theme and art package of this game have people in such a froth that they seem to have forgotten that the game of pinball is about a ball flying around a sheet of plywood.
Very interesting reaction people are having for a title that hasn't even hit homes in mass.

#15128 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's only one Ghostbusters game and people want a fun Ghostbusters game. Why the fuck are people getting so offended by people setting it up to play well? I fully plan on closing the outlanes and adding the Pinball Life upgrade kit to mine. If I find its too easy, I'll readjust it from there. Guess what? You never have to play it at my house. Why would you protest? Who's frothing here, really? Any mention of difficulty adjustment gets some people really upset. Bizarre.

Fucking Christ man, simmer down. Have fun with your game.

#15136 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

The last thing people should be is offended by folks making changes to their game. This whole hobby was almost dead so you should just welcome all new folks coming in. These modes help gain more popularity right? I'm glad I have choices being a casual player

First let me say that I don't give a fuck what someone does with their game, with that said I would do as Smokedogg suggest and play the game for a while before deciding it doesn't "play well" as Rarehero suggest. WTF he is so worked up about it is beyond me. My point is that people are getting so worked up over the flipper gap without really spending time on it. That is all.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Guys DON'T set your games up on Free Play. Wasn't designed that way. PRESERVE GAME INTEGRITY!

It actually is, look under pricing adjustments in your service menu.

#15247 7 years ago

Introduced my girls to GB yesterday, no complaints.

3 weeks later
#15712 7 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I lost track of this thread a while ago, but I was wondering what the consensus is on the magna-slings. Many people seemed convinced that Trudeau was going to take a beautiful, masterpiece of a game and make it a turd by incorporating them. I was optimistic though. I love Trudeau's games and I like seeing someone actually trying something different on a modern game. So, how are they? I saw someone mention on the last page or 2 that they can sometimes grab a cradled ball during multiball and fling it back out into play?! That's awesome!!! I think that will make for very interesting tournament play where cradling is a standard maneuver.
Makes me want a premium even more now!

I think your description of what they could do is a reason you'll see more Pros than Premiums in tourneys.

#15757 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

What are LE owners doing with the cert of auth? Are you framing it or putting it in a safe place? Would like some ideas if possible. Thanks

Frame it with a flyer.

1 week later
#16029 7 years ago

love Mass Hysteria. CHANGE NOHING.

#16079 7 years ago

No way a shaker motor is causing the playfield issues, let's just put that to rest.

#16082 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Let's not, until we get more information.
Shaker alone causing this? Nope. Bad playfield with shaker? Possible.

The mechs on the playfiels are going to cause more issues than a shaker in the cabinet.

#16084 7 years ago

the LE I played at SFGE had ghosting after 2 days. Prior to ghosting the area of the inserts that subsequently ghosted looked darker than the rest of the insert. It is clearly an issue with adhesion of clear to the inserts. A metal ball hitting it is going to make it ghost and then the issue is going to most likely spread. Look at all the issues with CV and the Ringmaster tossing the ball around.

The pics of the clear cracking are indicative of an even more problematic issue of the inserts sinking. This has been seen on recent runs of repro playfields and is really worrisome but if you look at how CV playfields deteriorated you get an idea as to where this can lead. Ghosting is nothing new so hopefully they can resolve this issue soon or their collector/home market is going to revolt, I for one am thinking about holding off on a GB until they put out an official word on the issue.

#16085 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Sorry, a shaker is much more violent.

Less violent than a steel ball?

#16091 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anyone buy a spare playfield see it ghost? Would like to know if clear separation is occurring without a ball touching the playfield. We've had reports of damage occurring overnight while game sat, but nobody with a spare pf to report anything yet.

I took pictures of the LE that arrived at SFGE before a game and going back and looking at the pics it appears that those areas of the inserts were darker. I'll try to find the pic and post it.

#16130 7 years ago

this pic is from the game straight out of the box. If you look at the Add-a-ball insert it appears to have a dark area in the upper right corner. Screen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_1.36.40_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_1.36.40_PM_(resized).png

this is the same game two days later. Ghosting is obvious on that insert and the one above. Shape of the ghosting seems similar to the dark area in the previous pic. Screen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_1.38.19_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_1.38.19_PM_(resized).png

#16167 7 years ago

I know the LE at SFGE had foam put under the ramp flaps on the main ramp to cut back on air balls.

#16262 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Test machine, Stern frequently sends Logan machines to test in the wild

What would they be testing?

2 weeks later
#16657 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, the right ramp flashes and the arrow is lit, but I cant work out what it does when when you hit the ramp. Other switches seem to add value to something during the mode.

I thought the spinner and upper rollovers built the hurry up that was collected at the right ramp. I could be 1000% wrong about that.

#16799 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I'm very excited at the opportunity to own a premium. I'm hoping someone will let everyone know once it's safe to finally make a purchase. I'm not expecting perfection, but I don't want my clear coat delaminating and breaking off.

I'm waiting until Stern actually comes out and says they stand behind their product and will fix games that have playfield issues. As it stands they are more keen on promoting a sword swallower than their games.

#16828 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

So I been in Ocean City NJ for 2 weeks, Jillians arcade has a pro there at .25 per play, a bargain. So I been playing the crap out of it. Def lots of center drains but I am not that great of a player and at a quarter a play, who cares. Very little airballs as this machine is really broken in. So broken in that there is literally no clear coat that I can see in the machine. It looked like my old Kiss unit before I installed a new playfield (bare wood). I couldn't take a pic because I had a 4 yr old buzzing all over the place but I will bike over tomorrow to post the picks to get some opinions. Thinking the clear coat must be very thin.

Do they have other Stern's at the same location? Please post pics of other playfields in the same lineup of you can. Thanks

#16944 7 years ago

Someone posted some pics on FB of a new GBpro being unboxed. Looks like they changed the way they are doing can decals and are not wrapping the front corners. I've seen a couple examples where the decals have cracked at the corners. Nice to see this change.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#16949 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

All of my Stern games have the decals wrapped around the front corners and none have ever cracked. Is it possible that over-tightening the leg bolts can split the cabinet at the corner? I don't ever recall this being mentioned as an issue before.....
Rob

Someone posted an LE with cracking in the decal at the corner and a local pro on location has the same issue.

Not sure if it's a big issue or not but if not I wonder why they changed the process. I personally don't like the wrapped decals but would like a more finished edge.

#16956 7 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

So what's the actual delay in getting a Ghostbusters Pro now? Does anyone have them sitting in stock yet, or is it still all order-and-wait at this point?

Some people have them in stock

3 weeks later
#17172 7 years ago

Looking for the post about people buying the premium Library to put in a pro. Can't find the thread it was in so looking for directions. TIA

#17174 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Ordered mine Monday and hope it arrives by this weekend so I can install. I will post pics and update. Listening to last Thursday's podcast as I type this. Keep of the fine work.

Thanks. I've considered sculpting my own and making a mold so I can pull multiples of it but after seeing they are available may go that route. The way the ball ridea that plastic off of air balls is annoying AF.

1 week later
#17253 7 years ago

Anyone know how to increase the Multipliers at the start of Stay Puft mode? I'm getting to it somewhat regularly and they are always at 1x

#17255 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe the multipliers are in reference to the playfield multipliers?
Rob

I don't think so. Each shot has its own multiplier level so there must be a way to build up separate ones.

#17388 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Anyone know if you can adjust the power on a shaker motor? I can only find a setting for how often it's used so far.

Feature adjustments, first setting adjust shaker strength.

If no one time outs modes why put it in the game? I started WCWS
on the left ramp ladder without hardly trying, was in super loops so was just repeating the ramp and bam, WCWS.

#17390 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

If you hate a setting like mode continue or time out just shut it off. Why complain about it? The game was made more flexible - get over it everyone.
I'd hate to be a developer - people moan no matter WHAT you do!

Agree 100%, my complaint would simply be that all these easier settings are default and just makes a lot of the modes unneccesary.

#17393 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I agree that the changes makes the scene progression far too easy now. The modes are just something you 'climb over' now to get to WCWS. There's some fun rules in later scenes and that is all missed if the scene times out. Regardless that this can be changed in the settings, I really believe the balance was shifted from medium right to far left and the inbetween mark (ideal) was missed.
Possible solutions or tweaks might be:
- Increase scene timer values or allow these to at least be adjusted
- Only first level scenes time out and don't need to be replayed
- If you make no shots, or not enough shots, a scene should not auto complete
Rob

Or just make WCWS worthless if you skip the modes. Each scene completed could add a multiplier to WCWS.

#17404 7 years ago

Had a single SJP cash in at 1.2 billion. Had 6x playfield Multipliers and Scoleri 3xSJP so a 18xSJP. BAM!

#17408 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I find the multipliers are something I never usually get lit during a game unless it's from the skill shot or a random award. 3x is way too difficult to light through normal means. How did you light yours?
Rob

Skill shot. Now that modes are easier to start or carry over if not completed all I go for on Skill shot is the Multipliers unless bonus held was awarded. Would be nice if the captive balls would award them similar to GOT but the CB logic is really confusing as the game sits right now.

#17412 7 years ago

I need to travel with my translite when I go to Charleston next time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.