IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5585 8 years ago

Best looking Stern game ever. Hopefully the gameplay matches the looks. Premium FTW.

#6032 8 years ago

I have to assume someone is already working on a proton pack mod with EL wire for each side that conveniently fits on those outlane posts Stern has for, well, this mod.

1 week later
#8001 8 years ago

After playing GB with headphones, I'll say that the audio improvement in Spike is more important than a color lcd. Not saying we shouldn't have both, but the audio was a real treat.

3 weeks later
#9826 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I'm hoping slimer rotates and tilts, but from above the field it looks like it rotates only.
Also I'm only talking about the LE.
I know the pro tilts.

Maybe that's the case. Instead of going up, it rotates over to the pops. Still, it opens the possibility of having multiple locations so it's more like the crane on BDK.

#10051 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

From the video, it might be a positive that the ball appears to be occupied by the slings for a shorter time than with traditional slingshots. It will likely be more and less predictable as well.

This is a good point. Sometimes kicker slings can play "keep away" for a while (I'm looking at you IJ), so perhaps you'll get the ball back sooner to speed up overall gameplay. What they won't do is send the ball into targets in the lower half, but this pf doesn't doesn't really have targets down there.

My biggest concern is if these tend to drop the ball STDM, especially given the wider flipper gap. Won't be installing the tilt bob I guess, or maybe just the metal bar without the actual bob.

#10392 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You're completely wrong. I was at the Texas Pinball Festival and went to JT's seminar. I've actually talked to him. Have you? This seminar is on the internet. He clearly stated that he builds for the Premium, and strips for the Pro. Steve Ritchie does this as well. My understanding is that John Borg designs for the Pro, then adds for the Premium.

Read his post again until you get the joke.

1 week later
#11254 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

STLE has a lot of "cool bling", but the game itself is pretty bare bones....GB Prem/LE has WAAAAY more stuffed into the playfield. So, I'm guessing the LE lacks bling due to the amount of stuff already in the game....makes it seem like you're getting less for your LE money compared to STLE, but that's probably the reason.

But if you compare ST premium to LE vs GB premium to LE, then ST LE gives you a *lot* more upgrades, by far the most of any LE, with BiB a second place. It will forever be the champion of LE upgrades.

Tron LE not included because I'm just comparing Premium to LE differences.

#11259 7 years ago

It does seem like the list of LE upgrades is pretty minimal nowadays, and now that they are selling mods, the days of a STLE style upgrade have gone the way of the dodo.

#11484 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just scrolled through the stream to see if I could find anyone playing - found one guy who was just getting unbelievably frustrated at the drains. I saw him lose 3 balls in a minute & complain about the flipper gap, the flipper alignment, the metal inlane/outlane guides...he was not a happy camper. I'm fully prepared to easy-ify the shit out of this game to make it enjoyable.

I played one a bunch today. Flipper gap is challenging but just keep the tilt loose. The outlanes suck, literally. As someone else suggested, maybe a mini post rubber could be fitted on the end where a post would normally be. A ball can careen off Slimer, hit the metal rail and just slip into the the outlane. I love the rest of the game but I'll be doing something there. I didn't have problems hitting the right ramp, but I have Avengers...

#11500 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

*disclaimer: I'm not a great pinball player
Posts lowered, purple Cliffy post rubber added:

20160430_080222_(resized).jpg20160430_080236_(resized).jpg

I had an air ball get trapped on that left post. Game leaned left a bit so maybe that was it, but lowering the post might prevent it.

#11616 7 years ago

Symmetrical cookie stacking. No human would stack cookies like this...

Symmetrical_Cookie_Stacking_(resized).jpgSymmetrical_Cookie_Stacking_(resized).jpg

#11904 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is there an HD version of the vid? I'm watching it in 360p and it feels like I'm back in the 80's. Or was this done on purpose for the nostalgia factor?

It's HD on twitch TV.

#11980 7 years ago

The slings just need to fine tuned at home. Adjust the leaf switch gap, and either pull the rubber tight around the one edge, or use one size smaller. May never be as responsive as 2 switches but you can definitely tune it better than stock. Just have to find the balance between getting it to activate more often, but not so tight it comes on during game shakes.

#12478 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I would feel just fine so anyone paying $10k please PM me.

Tell 'em 10.5, they have to pay to play.

#12534 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My LE has arrived!!!

Reeinforcmint Edition

Should've been "Addition"

2 weeks later
#13266 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I noticed they have seperate code for premium and LE? Is there something different about them?

No, it's to avoid idiot confusion.

#13383 7 years ago

Based on the Dead Flip LE stream, it takes a fairly long game before you unlock the magic of the Magna Slings. So most people are going to see them as similar but less active version of regular slings until they get to the point where those sling inserts are lit solid. Then it does all kinds of crazy stuff. Not even if sure if that video showed all the tricks.

#13597 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

How does it taste?

Like Ghostbusters II

#13696 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Just got a call from my distributor, and they say they just got word from Stern. LE's in production starting mid-June through the end of the month and shipping as they go.

Weird, 'cause it's not yet mid June and we've already seen tons of them in assembly.

#13990 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Installed pinball universe kit.

Where'd you get it? I thought they didn't ship to the US.

#14113 7 years ago

Nice to see you can backhand the left ramp. Wasn't sure this would be possible on the Pre/LE. Maybe they already showed that in the Dead Flip live stream but I don't remember.

#14127 7 years ago

Funny they use the LE apron stickers on the Premium. Wonder if it reads differently or it's just the added border slime.

#14342 7 years ago

I'm used to mode completion on ST but it only takes one (somewhat difficult) shot to start the mode again. I would think on the Premium you could hit Slimer when he's on the side to reduce drain risk. Seems like if you fix the cheap drains and scoleri targets it would play a lot better and then mode completion wouldn't seem so bad. I've not played the Premium yet just comparing to ST.

2 weeks later
#15051 7 years ago

I like the Ecto Goggles but only 3 ghosts? Maybe more in a future update. Not exactly giving Pin2K a run for its money.

#15077 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Last time it will be played in league for sure.

Disable extra balls and open the outlanes, right?

#15163 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

the one where you have to kill Nero and the flipper buttons change where the shots are...HOLY CRAP that's hard!

Actually that's one of the easiest to complete once you learn how to do it. The challenge for me is to hit the shot with it lit from both flippers for twice the goodness. With the ball trapped on the left flipper, highlight the left ramp with the right flipper. Now quickly toggle the left flipper (without actually flipping) until the Warp ramp is lit. Now when you backhand the left ramp you'll get credit for a double. Then quickly press the left button I think 6 times to setup for the next shot. It's hard to get all doubles but overall easy to complete.

Now back to GB...

3 months later
#17274 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Well tried pinballlife for the carotte flippers. No go per Terry. For those that bought them, can you provide a link?

Marco has them. Bally ridged flipper bats.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=bally+ridged+flipper+bats

3 weeks later
#17470 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

There seem to be HUO GB Premium sales lately where the owner did not like the feel or gameplay or connection to the game. Has anyone tried to retrofit the flippers to close the Creech gap? Would this make it a more enjoyable game? Curious as a potential buyer...

I've got the longer Bally flippers and they're great. The gap now seems the same as other games. My STTNG and IJ gaps seem larger than the standard Stern gap, and this is probably comparable to those games now. Next I'm going to try the ModFather lane protectors to stop the airballs over the lane guides. The Pinball Universe kit isn't stopping them.

3 months later
#17813 7 years ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

I recently within the last month or so updated my ghostbusters pin too 1.13, I noticed yesterday the right flipper is now sticking. Is this a update issue? Is there a way of fixing the problem without going back to the old software?

It's not software, you have a hardware problem. Check the EOS switch first, and if that's okay, check the coil stop and for a loose rivet, and that all the hardware is secure and not wobbly.

1 week later
#17853 7 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Can anyone help me get one of those 1 5/8" hex posts shipped to Australia? Pinball Life are after $46.50 shipping, and others seem nearly as bad... Surely it can fit in a small envelope or similar?!

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/254-5008-13.html

Says out of stock, so inquire with them on availability.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=spidey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.