IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9327 8 years ago

Wife gave me the go ahead to buy a Pro table but not a Premium. Table will be home use only, im just alittle worried about the Pro not having the ramp setup of the premium table and not having the ecto goggles. Im not big on the magnetic slings so thats a non issue for me. Do you guys think i should not worry about the extras on the premium and just buy the pro? Really wish i would have made it down to Baltimore to give a Pro a go the other day, i hate buying before even seeing table in real life.

#9381 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

First, awesome wife! Get her something nice. Your newest game listed is 1994 and you are getting a 2016 Stern Ghostbusters. Having played a prototype on early software at TPF, I can tell you it's really fun. More code should only make it better. You will not be disappointed with the pro. Also, you can mod the heck out of it.
I am in the opposite situation of several Pinsiders here. I have two local friends getting an LE and a Premium. I have a Premium on order, but am seriously thinking of getting a pro now. The pro seems to be the best risk/reward for resale etc over the last few years. Tough choice for me. I would love a HUO Pro, but not sure I want to wait a few years.

She likes to play just as much as me, was biggest surprise when i brought my first pin home. After really looking at the premium table im going to wait till i see some videos of the premium in action to decide. The ecto goggles my 5yr old boy will love, the subway ramp going under table looks fun, having the extra ramp from left flipper makes it look like it will flow more then pro, Stay puff being on Premium is a plus for my family since my son loves the stay puff scene and walks around saying "the choice is made, the traveler has come" in his best Zuul voice and he doesnt really like slimer since hes more popular with the Real Ghostbusters cartoon fans which he doesnt like, the 3d buildings also look alot nicer. Only thing im not into on the premium is the magnets, im not a fan of the magnets on Adams Family but have to see GB magnet slings in action first.

Come on Stern release some Premium videos so i can make my mind up!

#9545 8 years ago

Shooting from the left flipper on the Pro has anybody seen the ball actual go all the way up the right side of the subway ramp and go all the way around to come down to the right flipper? Every video i seen when the ball goes up the right side of the ramp it only goes half way up and falls back down not making the loop, bummer if thats the case for flow on the Pro .

#9547 8 years ago
Quoted from LarryMac:

There's a one-way gate in the ramp. If you go up the right ramp, the ball will hit the gate and then come back down the right side to drop into the in-lane.

Thanks man, the ramp setup on the Pro is the main reason im going Premium now. That right ramp ball gate your talking about makes it seem like your not shooting the right ramp with enough power with ball only making half way up before falling back down to right flipper. Poor design by Stern that i hope the Premium fixes with its independent right ramp.

#10361 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So it's a dilemma of the dubious magma slings vs the over reliance of the right flipper.

Ive watched all the youtube videos of the pro. The ramp on pro has a diverter that drops the ball into contaiment hole that kicks the ball to the left flipper besides feeding right flipper. Looks like the Premium/le extra right ramp only feeds the left flipper which im not sure be worth extra. I dont think the extra ramp crossing playfield on Premium/le looks as good compared to Pro open view but the subway going under playfield i do like. Im leaning back towards Pro after seeing magna slings and not thinking extra ramp worth extra. Now just got to see ecto goggles image it projects to make up my mind, if goggles are dumb then its the Pro for sure for me.

#10384 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Found it... It looks like it does, you can see it in the Dead Flip stream at 1:15:45. This feature will likely be in the Premium/LE (via the VUK), and with the addition of the ramp that diverts to the left flipper, the Premium/LE will likely have more balanced left and right flipper play.

From looks of premium flyer the left ramp will only feed right flipper with no diverter to the ghost contaiment hole because it is a scoop on premium/le while the right ramp only feeds left flipper. On pro the left ramp feeds the right flipper and also gets diverted to the ghost contaiment hole that kicks the ball to left flipper. Looks pretty evenly balanced on the Pro videos.

#10463 8 years ago

Told today that Pro wont be available until after first week of May

#10510 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Get back to us when you know what your talking about.

Ive been quoted by 3 places $4995 pro and $6695 premium

#10530 8 years ago

Just ordered a Pro, paid a touch more to have it in 2 weeks. Called 6 different places and wanted go with CT but im Pa resident so extra $300 tax and everybody but place i ordered from (Auto) is saying end of May for there machines.

#10534 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I didn't know you could pay more to have it sooner? Care to elaborate on that?

The place i ordered from is $200 more then everybody else except CO place but also they are receiving there Pro's first out of all the places i called by few weeks to month.

#10540 8 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I called Michael last week and left a message on a MET purchase. Never got a call back... I bought from Automated. They priced match my lowest offer. On GB ,I got a quote for under 5k to my door.

Me too on Auto but i didnt get price match, calling now thanks!

#10545 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Yep, they are the same. This is where I got my GoT; picked it up and avoided shipping charges. They had the lowest price on the Prem at the time, pick-up option only sweetened the deal. Easy 2-3 hr drive from here.

Free shipping on Ghostbusters from Automated, pretty sure everywhere ive seen is free shipping

2 weeks later
#12321 7 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

Anyone else have an issue with left scoop sending ball SDTM?

No it always goes to right flipper, use Bubble Level app for android phones.

#12396 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Why does nobody use Pinball Leveler for Android ?? It helps you in the same way Pin Guy on IOS does.

I never used it because i never heard of it. I'll give it a try let you know if its a better app.

#12398 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I think I also found it by accident. You have to search for the complete words in the store. Great help in adjusting the machines. Have fun.

Just tried it and i do like it. Green cross on Ghostbusters, guess my other app was right on. I think pinball leveler is alittle easier to use and read. Thank you!

#12401 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Craftsman torpedo level was the best $30 I've spent in pinball. Much more accurate than either iPhone or Android app in my experience.

Is it the silver one with green digital angle display? They look really nice, think ill order one. I have old school torpedo level and speed square i could check accuracy of phones with, use to frame residential houses for years.

I just played 5 games and not a single ball jumped the outlanes at 6.5 degrees. Only problem ive had is slimer not registering unless hit with good shot. Guys complaining about slings, scoop holes, orbits there all adjustable in settings. I wouldnt base judgment of game if played on location cause there probably not set up right. Allentown games werent set up right that i watched.

#12613 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I totally agree with you. LOTR doesn't blind me neither does WOZ. Don't understand why they didn't do RGB's! Even on Nascar the 2 yellow flashers blind me and that's where our eyes are focused just above the flippers and too darn hard to see the ball and I play with lights on in the room.
Hope there's a way to adjust the brightness of the flashers especially the pulsing white ones. If we can adjust the brightness that would be great.
Don't know why Stern and people think we need to have super bright LED's in the game. Cooler LED's are easy on the eyes, just like WOZ and incadescent's are great on LOTR in terms of brightness.
I understand that the white inserts go with the color scheme of the Ghost's and I'm fine with that, but they should have used color inserts instead of the clear one's as those are blinding.
If anyone knows if we can adjust the brightness setting's that would be great.

Do you play ghostbusters in a completely dark room?

#12624 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

No I played it at M Brew In Ferndale Michigan and it was well lit in there. I have a premium on order.

My wife hates flashers that are blinding but we play ghostbusters in the dark and she told me not to change any bulbs. My family really likes the light show on Ghostbusters. Im hopefully picking up a LOTR over the weekend and im going to make it playable in the dark. Use to prefer to play with lights on before ghostbusters, now i only play in the dark.

#12903 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I might have missed it but did stern officially say hey redid it? Also have they said if they are going to adapt it to the pros?

I talked with Stern today for 10 minutes about the slimer issues on the phone. They have redesigned the slimer to have a thicker cable. They talked me through some tips on getting slimer to register alittle better. My slimer is looking 22degrees to the left now but with Sterns help i know how to fix him. When slimer is activated and hes down on playfield he is still moving/bobbing up and down slightly and if hes bobbing upward when hit can effect him registering a hit. Hes not suppose to register indirect or luck shots. I dont believe they will be sending out new slimer mechanical parts for the existing Pros unless something is completely broken. There GB tables slimer works properly in there lab with the cable placed between wire and slimer looking straight at player.

#12906 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya on the right "ramp". After enough plays it doesn't really seem like a ramp at all since the balls movement is stopped and then it goes down the same path the left ramp does. The shift in momentum forward and then backwards is what throws the feeling off in my opinion.

I like the right ramp shot, cleaner you hit it the farther the ball goes up and traps more ghosts. Its just about the hardest shot on table and once you figure out where to hit it off left flipper end its a good shot.

#12907 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

There's more to it then just a thicker cable. It is a new design, with additional parts including a new top plate with an anchor that holds the cable perfectly straight down the middle. I would ask them to kindly send you this new mechanism.
Here's the old design from the original PRO model manual:

Here is the new revised design according to the newly published PRO manual on Sternpinball.com:

Its all done to have a thicker cable. I asked for them to send new mech but wont unless its broken with pictures

#12909 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So, they redesigned the mech to handle a thicker cable, with a different top plate, with an anchor that holds that new cable in a completely different way- then claim they can tell you over the phone how to fix the old one. Okey dokey.

Exactly what i was told.

#12912 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

If it was me with a Pro, with the old Slimer mech, I would be making sure they sent me the redesigned piece. Reselling down the road I can already see it now, buyers will want to make sure it comes with the corrected Slimer mech. But thats your call of course. Keep us posted how their fix works out for you over time.

Trust me i had every intentions on getting them to send me new one but they wont unless its broken. Maybe they will change there mind down the road if enough people complain but seems to me more people complain on pinside then actually contacting Stern. I got there direct phone # pretty easily and all my emails have been answered promptly. Im actually surprised how well there customer service is.

#12913 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cool thanks for looking into it.

It's an interesting idea...but it's just not a ramp the way we usually know them. It's for sure the hardest shot, so you hit it super clean 1 in 6 tries and what happens...you get 3 measly ghosts? Be sure to drink your Ovaltine
Is it the shot for the terror dog hurry up also? Just trying to see if it's involved in enough activities. When the arrows are lit for it, half the time I hit it it comes down before rolling 1 switch and gives me jack.

No theres a small terror dog target down from the right "ramp" its sorta hard to see and hit

#12917 7 years ago

Checking my games audits. 52 left drains, 413 center drains, and 66 right drains in 146 plays. 8338 left flips and 7176 right flips. Thats with my 6yr old playing alot.

#12920 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:Cool thanks for looking into it.

It's an interesting idea...but it's just not a ramp the way we usually know them. It's for sure the hardest shot, so you hit it super clean 1 in 6 tries and what happens...you get 3 measly ghosts? Be sure to drink your Ovaltine
Is it the shot for the terror dog hurry up also? Just trying to see if it's involved in enough activities. When the arrows are lit for it, half the time I hit it it comes down before rolling 1 switch and gives me jack.

Im sorry i was wrong. The right ramp does light during terror dog hurry up along with terror dog target.

#12925 7 years ago
Quoted from jroakland:

The rt ramp could be better if it didn't hit the one way gate and fall back down like rt ramp ball , if it went through the gate came down the left ramp to rt flipper I think would be the move, because if you hit it right it makes it the the one way gate every time..then I probly like the game more.

Wonder what would happen during multilball without the one way gate. Not sure what they could change there now but it would give game more flow during one ball action

#13296 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Especially the ones with the original design Slimer mechanisms that register 60% of the time and will need constant adjusting for the life of the machine. Guaranteed easy resale and worth about $15K+ due to rarity down the road

My slimer is working pretty good now registering good shots. The key to getting him working for me was adding the 2 extra washers under the black roof which allows the cable some slack after you move the cable between the 2 wires. I did the cable wire mod first right out of the box but after the cable is moved between the wires and the roof stuck back on tight it pinches the cable but with the extra washers added the cable isnt pinched which allows slimer to swing better and move the metal sensor plate better. its been working good now for a few 750k-1billion games in the past few days.

#13310 7 years ago

Here is picture of washers i was talking about for the guys with original slimer issue, had few guys PM me for pics but site wont let me PM pics. Just played a game and he read everytime except for indirect or soft shots. Id be reluctant at this point to install the new mech if they sent me one hes reading so good now.

20160527_104040_(resized).jpg20160527_104040_(resized).jpg

20160527_104012_(resized).jpg20160527_104012_(resized).jpg

#13313 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Yeah i tried that washers and made mine worse. seems like i need a little more cable, im going to play atound with it tonight.

I think my cable has stretched some now being looser making slimer swing more which moves the metal plate more. Have you ziptied the cable to tightly maybe between the 2 wires?

#13438 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Agreed. Too many winers. Nobody is changing their minds and one guy is still going to accept his NIB instead of canceling. Hmmmm does he really have one on order?
I have a tendency to believe a good chunk of folks on here just make up stuff

Or they play the game less then 10x, dont get multiball, play a location table thats at 9 degrees, dont know the rules, watch a video of another person that doesnt know the table, dont score over 100million then proceed to whine and bitch about the table. I personally can hit a few storage multiballs and mass hysteria on just about every game i play now. Last night played 1 quick game that lasted 15 minutes and hit 600million which is about average now. Sure the table has hard shots but what do you want 2 big wide open shots with bumpers in the middle of them and thats it? Sure the table has a few quirks, slimer needed some help to read right but alittle time into him and now he works flawless, scorelis needed spring tightened, the book stacking rail bends, and the outlane rails some feel are to low. Learn the safe shots, get use to the flipper gap, know the rules (find it funny people review the table but dont know any of the shots do), and have alot of fun once you get past the learning curve.

#13476 7 years ago

Heres where mines at with a 6yr old playing 1/3 of the games since the 1.05 update

20160531_225919_(resized).jpg20160531_225919_(resized).jpg

#13478 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Needs a Slimer multiball. The ghost target is a death shot, 90% of the time it's SDTM.
Why not hit Slimer 5 times, spelling G-H-O-S-T, then you need to hit the Ghost target to start Slimer MB?
Hit various lit shots to build jackpot value, hit Slimer to cash in jackpot.
After that, must hit him 10 times, spelling G-H-O-S-T twice, then hitting Ghost target starts MB second time.
Needs this simple MB to balance game out for casual players, especially for games on location.

I really like this idea! Would really make a fun addition to the game.

#13702 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

From limited play I think the pro is pretty darn fun. However, that right ramp is just a flow stopping boring shot. It goes up a ways then falls down to right inlane. That really kills the possibility of me buying a pro. With ramps I want some speed and flow not something that dribbles up the slowly roles back down. Still a fun pin that was just something that really bothered enough to say it's premium or no go on this one.

I felt the same way about the right ramp at first to. After you figure out the shot cleanly and hit it during PKE frenzy for big points it becomes more fun. Im contemplating selling my Pro to buy a Premium but the right ramp on Premium reminds me of Royal Rumble center ramp that feeds right back that i grew to dislike is my concern with right ramp. Im going to have to wait to play a Premium cause i dont want to regret my decision.

1 week later
#14142 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for posting the vid. The very first think I noticed was how easy it was for him to cradle the ball, to me it looks like the flippers are adjusted a bit higher. Is that so?

That was first thing i noticed to, the flippers are definitely up more in there resting position then my Pro.

#14158 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

I had seen you can add the shaker to the Premium.
Hi Thread this is my very first post here on this site. I have been researching this site for the past few months silently as I was trying to decide what would be my first NIB unit as I have just finished my basement and I think a pinball machine would be the cherry on top. I have never owned one so I am not well versed in this but I am looking to learn fast. I have decided that the GB premium is what I would like and I think my kids and friends will get years of enjoyment out of it. I have read all 200+ pages of this post and it has been a great help. I do have a quick question. The shaker motor, is there any folks out there with the Pros that really like it? Anyone disconnected it after getting it and why? I did see someone posted the shaker motor video a ways back and there were a couple comments but not much detail.

Love the shaker in my Pro and will be adding one to my Premium. Had to turn the setting onto Moderate though to calm it down some. Get a subwoofer also to go along with shaker, game doesnt feel right without them both to me.

#14164 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

Ok I will calm it down. Do you have a recommendation on a subwoofer and who to buy it from?
Thanks

One on GB I bought off craigslist, 12" 250watt jbl but alot of guys buy the polk 10" off amazon for $100 but i dont like the higher range base of a 10" sub.

#14168 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

One last newbie question? Does the 12 or 10 fit in the hole on the bottom of the unit or do you have an external sub?

External sub that sits under machine.

#14171 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Audubon? A Philly on the board! My primary residence is not far from you actually. Welcome to the board and I too am gonna put a shaker on mine. I played games with shakers on it and loved it. This thing has to be awesome with it at least I hope!

Wait till you get Storage Multiball and the shaker goes nuts, you'll be smiling ear to ear!

20160610_134708_(resized).jpg20160610_134708_(resized).jpg

#14174 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

While your's looks good, i'll take the backglass in my LE instead.. massive difference.. here is the LE backglass sitting next to the Pro's translite.

Heres my translight. Crisp and not washed out or wavy. Also had a good game last night still didnt beat TK-the-jammer GC score on my table of 1.4Billion but hes going down soon enough.

20160610_135154_(resized).jpg20160610_135154_(resized).jpg

20160609_200852_(resized).jpg20160609_200852_(resized).jpg

#14185 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Back to Ghostbusters. ..
Wasn't there supposed to be a live stream or video of the premium today ?
Or is the video of the young man it ?

https://www.twitch.tv/gexchange live now, wish i could see the ecto goggles more. Dont like the straight down view

#14197 7 years ago

Now i see why people on here are complaining about how hard the game is. Hardly anybody even hit 10million per game while i watched it and nobody got Multiball. For all that have only played it few times or only watched this stream i can tell you the game gets way easier once you know the table.

#14201 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If people's initial impressions are bad enough, they may not want to come back and get to know the table.

I can totally believe that.

Quoted from iceman44:Is it fun? I can't really tell from this.
It's a middle drain monster. Unreal how bad it is.

Its a blast when you know the table but obviously from video its a real bummer when you dont know anything about the table. When the ball comes out of the bumpers left side you need to bump the table or it will drain down center almost everytime.

#14204 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get that it's about setup and breaking it in but this is ridiculous.

It is a bit ridiculous how bad people are doing on it. GameXchange guy said earlier the Pro table is harder but im not sure now. Maybe the magna slings and slimer moving makes the Premium harder for people. Hope i dont regret selling my Pro to buy a Premium.

#14269 7 years ago

If anybody wants to drop there LE they ordered because of Premium video please contact me. Im not going to pay extra but i will take your spot. If not oh well Premium is good enough.

#14432 7 years ago

I noticed theres 2 lights in the playfield in front of the magna slings. Anybody know what there for?

#14439 7 years ago

I was told yesterday by my distributor that my Premium would be shipping in 2 weeks, they were right on my Pro ship date. I find it hard to believe though since no LEs have popped up yet. Wonder if there making the Premiums at the same time as LEs? Since Gamexchange had a Premium id assume that its possible. Has anybody seen any Stern assembly line videos recently? Oh yeah got a unexpected package today from Stern. Another original designed slimer mech for my Pro. Not sure what to do with it since my slimer works perfectly now.

#14544 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Did JT design the original slimer mech to not register consistently on each hit?

For the record i was one of the first to bitch and complain to Stern about slimer but now he works perfectly. Dont use a ziptie to move cable between wires use a twist tie so the cables not pinched, add washers to the top black roof so the cable has room and not pinched, also make sure the 2 bolts are tight. Ive had mine like this for 100 games at least and needs no adjustments and works exactly as Stern intended. Now my slimer looks and works better then new mech.

#14551 7 years ago

Im a total novice player and have had two 1 billion point games and alot 500-999 million point games. Once you know where all the risk shots are and know when to bump the table its really not that hard of a game. With that said the Gamexchange stream showed how bad and brutal it can be when you dont know the table.

#14715 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Audits of majority length of game time from location, mix of players and casuals.
Got - 2 - 2.5 min.
Met - 1.5 - 2 min.
Kiss - 1.5 - 2 min.
TWD - 1.5 - 2 min.
GB - 1.5 - 2 min.
IM - 1 - 1.5 min

Heres HUO to compare to location games also with 6yr old playing alot of games. 220 games since 1.05 update

20160617_142144_(resized).jpg20160617_142144_(resized).jpg

#14814 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Whats up with the 'sticky' subway ramp? First I've heard of that..

And here we thought you knew everything....or at least you think you do!

#14817 7 years ago

I see you cant take a joke, i figured you were a little bitch but you already knew that right....

1 week later
#15151 7 years ago

If the modes started over from beginning each time instead of remembering what shots you have left when you restart them now that would be annoying, but the way its setup now where if you hit 2 shots of 3 and time out or drain the next time you start the mode you start right where you left off. I havent seen Marshmallow Man mode or any wizard modes yet but thats what keeps me playing.

Side note my wife who doesnt play all that much hit 550million last night and had 2 Storage Mballs during game cause she knows the general layout and what to shoot for since shes watched me play it. We like the game so much were spending more money to get a Premium but id be happy to keep the Pro and buy a GOT pro but kids like the Premium look better so who am i to argue...

#15160 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

IMO, that's a band-aid. Better than starting over from scratch...but still - starting a mode takes so many more shots (ghost targets, then defeating Slimer) than most games' mode starts..you're likely to get an airball death or dribble from the pops straight down the middle before starting that mode again to continue where you left off.

I'm not saying Marshmallow Man should be a gimme...but it shouldn't be impossible. It's mode 4 of a ladder, a character everyone likes, and a main toy in the game. Shouldn't even casual players get to see the Marshmallow Man toy turn red with anger and get "burned" as you fight him? Seems like a total waste to make that an impossible mode. Wizard modes, yes - make those impossible. I have NO problem that I still haven't seen Valinor in LOTR...make me work my ASS off for that. But Marshmallow Man? Mere mortals should be able to see that occasionally.

Points are irrelevant! The point is blocked content! We're playing a Ghostbusters game and not getting any Ghostbusters story/callouts/etc because they're locked away in the modes that are difficult for most people to advance through!

IMO your issues with game arent issues to me but i understand what your saying. I enjoy the game as it is and im glad the modes arent just handed to me. If i seen all the modes and heard everything the game offers in the first week i owned it id be the exact opposite then you arguing the games to easy and would get bored of it quickly.

#15168 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's the the thing - the physicality of the game is what it is - so it will never "be easy", even if the modes flow more freely. When I asked Stern to add an option for progression save on Optimus MB in Transformers, their pushback on me is that it would make the game too easy. I said it wouldn't change the physical nature of the game...so if a person can keep the ball in play, they'll still keep the ball in play...they'll just be doing the same thing over and over. If you add Optimus progression save, they'll at least be able to pass that roadblock, and continue to the other half of the game. It's not about making things easier, it's making things less repetitive and more fun. They did end up adding that option to the game, and I bet most TF owners have that progression save turned ON.
In any case - I'm advocating for this to be an option in the settings. MANDATORY MODE COMPLETION: ON/OFF ...for those who like the way the game is now, leave it "ON", for those who want things to keep moving, "OFF". Lots of games have options like this...Metallica has like 200 game altering options. Customization and rule tweaks in the option settings isn't anything new....pins have had this forever.

Sounds like a good option, i see no harm in having it on there.

#15197 7 years ago

Heres GB, WOZ, and LOTR. GB is 1/2" wider then WOZ and WOZ is 1/16" wider then LOTR.

20160630_190044_(resized).jpg20160630_190044_(resized).jpg

20160630_185845_(resized).jpg20160630_185845_(resized).jpg

20160630_185625_(resized).jpg20160630_185625_(resized).jpg

#15204 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Um, photos don't show both flippers ...Half an inch sounds like a HUGE difference. How wide is a ball? 3/4 inch?

Angle changed if i showed both flippers making it hard to see accurate measurement in photos

Quoted from TheLaw:

Well thanks but we really wanted to see other JT titles...we all know they're bigger than other machines.

Sorry its only machines i got to compare

2 weeks later
#15662 7 years ago

I have the red tremor on my Pro and i had to turn it to minimum. I had it on maximum for awhile then medium but both were to much, theres another setting called long use that i didnt try. I had to put small piece of felt on all 4 corners of the translight so it wouldnt rattle, the left newton balls rattle against metal which is annoying.

#15668 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLDN11:

Does Slimer activate the shaker on a lower setting or only the highest? Just curios if that is what they cut out when you put it on a lesser setting.

The shaker settings dont deactivate/cut out the shaker only decrease the strength, minimum is roughly 30% weaker then maximum id guess, really took the edge off red tremor.

#15673 7 years ago

I believe some games the shaker settings do change how much the game uses the shaker, which is how i originally though GB worked. Then i turned it to minimum and it took about 30% roughly of the power away and still shakes same time as maximum setting.

#15715 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not sure where I was last night, but I had 2 games with a 2 ball multiball, and different music?
Part of a mode? coding error?................Dont know.....
Anyone else see a 2 ball multiball?
It took some really high scores and several extra balls before I saw them.....

I think i got 2 ball mball during we came we saw mode after beating the left scoop ladder

1 week later
#15892 7 years ago

I installed the clear outlane plastics out of my PBL kit and sold the rest. Id never put a post kit on a game id feel like im cheating. Probably hit crazy scores with it though since have been hitting 1-2billon scores without a post. I get more drains down the sides then SDTM, i dont get many SDTM since i know when to bump the table when balls shooting out of the left side of bumpers.

#15898 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Do you still get a lot of ball hops over them though? It cut down on mine but still get lots of airballs over the outlane guides- it's crazy, especially bricks off the left ramp (which might only be happening on LE's right now)

No ive only had the ball hop them a few times in hundreds of plays that ive noticed. Ive had the ball squeeze between them and outlane rails a few times also. I have a Pro so i dont get alot of airballs off the left ramp, every once in awhile ball will catch air going up ramp and jump over the ramp completely but very rarely. Most my airballs come from hitting the Scoleri drop targets during multiball.

#15942 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well guys
I'm officially PISSED.
I didn't think too much of this ghosted insert BS, as my game looked great out of the box.
But this is crap. 3 inserts ghosted over night, and it looks like shit.
The Add a ball, Tobin spirit guide, and extra ball inserts are ghosted very badly.
Haven't even put in a thought on how to go about it from here.. This is unacceptable for a $8,000 purchase when people have made Stern aware of this for a while now.
I'm going to be this is going to happen to a lot of LEs!! Just because it looks good out of the box doesn't mean shit !

Wow thats pretty bad! I got 1 ghosting slightly on storage facility but less then your extra ball. Mine was built April 13.

#16003 7 years ago

I have a red tremor that was on maximum for 2 months and i have only a tiny amount of ghosting on one insert that hasnt changed

#16011 7 years ago
Quoted from AstroLad:

I saw the pinball-universe upgrade kit referenced, and I actually think I really need it because my captive lane is already dinged to where I have to pull it back out. Anyone know how to get it though? Looks like p-u ships to Germany only and I can't find it anywhere else (LE here, fwiw)?

Add another ball to it. The rail will still bend but wont lock the single ball in place. Mine did push the right sides led cap off though.

#16064 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When was the date stamped on the pf?

April 13

#16073 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup you and I have first run games and pf's. What's your pf #?

#490 of 510

#16087 7 years ago

I dont think its the shakers either. I have basicly the strongest house shaking machine rattler there is with red tremor and 1000 plays with barely any ghosting, nothing like the LE guys have. I installed my shaker May 9th 3 days after receiving game.

1 week later
#16310 7 years ago

Took Stern 3 months of bitching on my part and them sending me a new original designed slimer 2 months ago that was pointless and now finally a new designed slimer.

20160810_111332_(resized).jpg20160810_111332_(resized).jpg

#16366 7 years ago

I installed the carrot flippers and left the droop. Only got to play half a game but noticed the extra length right away. Old flipper gap was 2 5/8" and new is 2 3/8" in resting position which still isnt close to 2" on WOZ and LOTR here.

20160811_122137_(resized).jpg20160811_122137_(resized).jpg

#16423 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think so.. I know I saw that option, but it was certainly on the blue arrow score, not the rollovers. (I believe the rollovers are ended after the arrow scores). Plus, I did see other skill shots score in the 30+million range as the game went on.
I always short plunge, catch, and then shoot the blue arrow skill shot on the right orbit to help progress in the modes.

Every blue arrow skill shot awards 10% of score and awards either mode start or spinner or ESP depending on which you hit

1 week later
#16686 7 years ago

I have mine set at 40 and it bounces off middle right flipper and softly bounces to left flipper. Before i bought a digital torpedo and used my phone apps to level table it would catch the tip of right flipper so i had it turned up to 42 but it bounced to hard off right flipper making it hard to catch with the left.

#16688 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It does feed the right flipper... well at least the way I do it
I lowered the left scoop power down, and then it dribbles the ball out to the left flipper and then I let it dead bounce to right and then catch and hold it. I kind of like it that way.

The issue there at least for Pro table is the right saucer kicks the ball to left flipper and perfectly bounces to right flipper and i dont want both kickouts to feed right flipper shots.

#16691 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have tried so many settings and mine will just go SDTM from the left kickout, no matter what power setting I try. I just figure Stern needs to give me a new playfield eventually anyways, so hopefully they dial that one in and it works the way it was designed. Personally, I agree w/ you that it should shoot to the right flipper. Unless I take it apart and try to tweak it, theres no way it will do that unfortunately. Bad assembly or design IMO.

Have you checked make sure the cliffy is installed right? Mine is tight against both sides in the hole but i could see if it wasnt tight would maybe effect the angle the ball kicks out in. I dont see a way to adjust the VUK except to bend the entire thing. One thing i just noticed looking under the playfield at the VUK is my cliffy has a screw hole in the front of it but no screw in it is that the way everybodys is?

#16698 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What do people have their games leveled at? My bubble on this one is WAY off, must be faulty cause I have it at like 6.7-7.0 and the bubble is NOWHERE even close to centered. Not that I really ever trust the bubbles but this one just doesn't seem right at all.

I got mine at 6.7 and the bubble on game is way off.

Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

What is the phone app for leveling / angle?

Pinball leveller is one but i recommend buying a craftsman digital torpedo level cause phone apps arent accurate enough.

#16784 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well than, i really wanna know what the LIBRARIAN round insert (left scoop) is for ?

Me to, i dont know if ive ever seen it light and ive wondered for months now if its a unused insert.

#16873 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Here is the playfield pics. They got lots of sterns but all beat up playfields. Here is the list and zero ghosting that I can see
Kiss, Star Trek, transformers, Spider-Man, batman, avengers, iron man, junk yard, family guy, Simpsons, Monsterbash, Pirates Caribbean, monopoly? Medevilmadness, southpark, theatre of magic.

Super jackpot and storage facility arrows are both ghosted, very noticeable. First time ive seen the 2x and 3x ghosted.

1 week later
#17035 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

He's still here and still posting in this thread, just going by a different name now.

Captain kirk hasnt signed on since June 20th same day by chance Air Pinball signed up....how good did that GB2 look on your Bluray again Captain or i mean Air Pinball.

#17038 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Very interesting - I always had an idea he was an alias, and his responses to me at times almost seemed like he already knew me.
Good catch!! Airball = Captain Kirk 2.0 !

Yeah he always talks about pink slime from GB2 was the first give away and has commented about his Star Trek pin as his new alias among other give aways. I have no problem with Captain or Air Pinball though i was just stating the facts all in good fun

#17040 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Oh, Good Lord!
Slow Pinball news day I guess.....

The_underscore_ its all good Captain_Kirk or Air_Pinball i actually like GB 2 also

#17076 7 years ago

Cards a friend made for me. There suppose to be printed on one sheet of 8.5x11 i thinkb58852af3841519cbda9a0abfbe57bffdeb56d77 (resized).jpgb58852af3841519cbda9a0abfbe57bffdeb56d77 (resized).jpg

#17115 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

For those of you with a GB pro, can anyone consistently hit the right ramp from a left flipper cradle? I find I can't consistently do it, I can if it's a running ball or something dynamic, but it is more luck than not I'd say. Just curious - I am still learning the ropes so I can't say if its the player or tha game! I can hit the right ramp occasionally but it takes a bit of planning and luck right now.

I can hit it pretty consistently. My one friend can hit it backhand from right flipper, hes a much better player then most though. Make sure you keep the Troudo droop on the left flipper and practise the shot it gets easier.

3 weeks later
#17338 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Well. Thats at least two of us.
I was beginning to think it was just me.

My pros not working as good now either.

#17357 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok, so this update broke my Slimer!! He worked much better with 1.05, now he registers like shit. Seems to register mostly from behind instead of direct front

My slimer wasnt registering right either with new code so i moved his adjustments to the center of slots and he works perfect again with new code

1 month later
#17561 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So what is the consensus about here to stay with 1.05 or upgrade to 1.10 or 1.11

Update to 1.11 and turn off time out of modes so have to beat every mode to continue through game. Otherwise i beat the game to easy if i dont have to complete each mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.