IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5440 8 years ago

Hand drawn art looks fantastic, 3d modeled buildings on the Premium/LE, tons of cool looking toys and shots. Best first impression I have ever gotten from a Stern reveal. An LCD would've knocked it out of the park. Hope it plays as good as it looks.

#5634 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

So you can only see and shoot the ghost holograms on premium and le? Not on the pro?

Correct.

#7340 8 years ago

I like how the topper is full width, I like the lights and interactivity, but it does look pretty cheesy otherwise. I think it is just the gray plastic that makes it look cheap/70's ish. Fake chrome the siren piece, (or better yet metal, but probably not in the budget), do a pebbled/textured surface on the bottom gray to take away the shiny there, maybe add a small Ecto1 license plate as an emblem in the middle?

That being said, the only negatives I took away from the stream was the topper (optional anyway) and the linearness of the scene modes. Hopefully there will be an option in the game settings to randomize the scene order. The pop bumper sound did get annoying, but they will either change it during code development or you could replace it with pinbrowser aftermarket.

All in all, really enjoyed it. Excited to play one in person.

#7349 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have not watched the video yet. But I'm concerned already over the code. It sounds like this code is just OK. I guess it's not done yet but how much will it really change from the basic bones it has now? My only issue with ST is the code and that was 'saved' by Dwight. So maybe I just need to only by games coded by the one LS.
For me, code is more than half the game. I mean I love Met layout and art but if you put different code it might not be so great. Also with TWD the overall package was meh but the code saved it.

Yeah, it is just okay at the moment, but it was a prototype machine with alpha code in it. I thought the music, sounds (most of them) and the modes that were shown looked fun. The players didn't get very deep into the game though, only a fraction of the modes were actually shown. Unfortunately the ones that were shown were shown multiple times as the "scenes" are in a fixed order. Hopefully that will change.

#7383 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Did you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, the linear mode progression is temporary?
Maybe those advanced modes aren't done yet.
Maybe they didn't want to show too much of the code in the first broadcast.

Quite possible, but in case linear was the plan all along I don't see how constructive feedback hurts. Seems like it is a concern for several people. Adding an option for linear/random before it gets released to a wider audience will give people fewer things to complain about.

#7424 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am more than happy with the code Full Throttle has out of the gate.

The first run of Full Throttles were released months ago. iirc the Francisco guy wasn't even talking/moving yet in the initial code release.

#8227 8 years ago

The only problem I had with the video mode was the 50/50. I'd say increase it to three cards, or have it possibly be neither of the two cards to increase the risk of it. Otherwise I thought it was cool for what it was. You can get out at any time, so if you don't want to play it you can just cash in immediately.

#8239 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Yes, this is what I figured. I didn't attend the Q&A. I also assume that while people think something kicks the ball up the ramp when lock is not lit, that this is not true. It's momentum carries it up and if it fails to do so, joins the locked balls and one is kicked out of the scoop. Sound about right?

Yes. In the "this flippin podcast" interview with Trudeau (a must listen imo for info about Ghostbusters, along with Coast2Coast's podcast with Jody) he talks about that is why the ramp is so steep on the LE/Premium. It had to be that high to guarantee the momentum on the downslope would come out from under the playfield consistently. He said they had a test running that tried it 300,000 times and failed to come out like 24 times or something like that.

That's one thing that is going to be interesting to see on the Premium/LE. The left ramp is steeper so it might be more difficult to make consistently.

#8573 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

It's always amazing to see what might be beautiful to someone is really ugly to someone else.
Personaly I really and honnestly think the Slimer LE is ugly. No bs here even if they made 100 LE I would never allow that into my game room unless I was buying it to flip it asap with a profit.
Thumb me down if you feel like it, it's just my opinion

I like pretty much everything I have seen of the game so far, but I don't like the looks of the LE either. I do like the backbox sides, but other than that, too much green for me. I never saw Slimer as the star of the movies, so having him so prominently on the sides of the cab just looks weird to me. I am kind of glad I don't like it, otherwise I probably would've dropped a lot of cash for one.

1 week later
#9082 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

When are the premiums supposed to come out? I don't recall it taking so long from the initial announcement to delivery. But I have never bought a new Stern so the anticipation wasn't there.

The usual sequence, at least for the last few releases seems to be: Pros, LEs, Premiums so Premiums do lag behind. The plus side of it is if the magnetic slings end up being a disaster on the LEs then you have plenty of time to bail on the Premium

#9224 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Bingo!
Curious to see what the lockdown bar and legs will look like for the complete set.

Are they doing a complete armor set? I know they did for TWD, but didn't they only do the side armor for GoT?

#9456 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Not really.
Curious though how many premiums will be made.

As many as they can sell until the license runs out. And if demand they will renew the license and keep running them.

2 weeks later
#11014 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I believe when you purchase a new pinball machine, the extra amount you will be paying pretty much is paying back the system for your medical expenses.

No, we pay more for pinball machines in Canada because the only distributor in Canada asks for ~500.00USD more for a pin than American distributor. No competition so prices suck.

Taxes are taxes. Some places pay more sales tax than others, it is the way it goes. Healthcare discussions and pros/cons of the Canadian system vs the US system has absolutely nothing to do with pinball so not even sure how it ended up in the discussion.

1 week later
#11941 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think the sling switches were out of adjustment, it's that until the slings are lit for the two different types of play (the inserts in front of the slings) the magnets don't do anything at all. They stated multiple times the slings have three modes.

Yes, they mentioned "standard" "catch and hold" and "do crazy stuff" (can't remember what they really called it). There was no "dead" mode.

#11958 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm still undecided on buying this. I thought the video was a little underwhelming. I'm don't understand why they can't just professionally film the features/modes instead of having people play and you only see what they are able to access in casual play, and from not great angles.

I like it because it isn't some professionally filmed, canned experience like a movie trailer or something. It is a bunch of guys having fun playing pinball. I also wouldn't want some video with some dude droning on "this is the second wizard mode, see how cool it is!!!", I like discovering stuff as I play as well.

2 weeks later
#13221 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

just for the record.
Carrot flippers.

Just so I understand, are you suggesting carrot flippers?

2 weeks later
#14020 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

EDIT: WTF?!?!? Just checked the site, its $500 effing dollars???!! I could hire mini me dressed in a GB outfit to stand on top of the pin and yell "i've been slimed" every time slimer gets hit for half that. Good lord.

I checked. Doing that would cost $510 dollars, and you have to feed him.

#14026 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Gotta say the 500 dollar tag is absurd I am hoping Laserific topper will look better on the LE.

It is high for sure. I really want one for my Premium, but don't know if I feel like ponying up the dough.

Don't know about absurd though, not completely out of line with what some other mods sell for. $250.00 for the Tron mini-arcade mod isn't cheap. $160-$200 for a Laseriffic topper. Not knocking either of these, I had the mini-arcade mod in my Tron and I loved it. Laseriffic toppers are nice. But compare the electronics, components, etc. of the GB topper to these and I can see where they came up with the amount.

IMO I think they should include the topper with the LE given the price difference between that and the Premium, and should have included the topper for TWDLE and GotLE as well.

#14035 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

How do you see that a plastic toy with flashy LED lights is $500 ? thats as much as an iPad, more then an Xbox one, more then most smartphones , more then some full blown drone quad copters, more then some computers for sale, more then some LCD TV's , and the total worldwide box office amount of ghostbusters 2

How do you see the Tron mini arcade mod be $250.00? That's as much as an EM pinball machine, or an actual full size arcade game. How do you see a pinball machine costing $9500.00? That is more than some cars!!!!!!!

Comparing apples to apples (pinball mod to pinball mod in this case), the price on the GB topper does not seem out of line. Whether or not any pinball mod should cost as much as it does is a whole different conversation.

1 month later
#15930 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

What's the status on the code? The last time I played this the call-outs were really sparse and there wasn't much going on in the modes. The game can't be finished, right?

Only Stern/Dwight knows for sure I guess. But given how it has worked historically, there will be more updates. Just no timeline on when that I am aware of.

1 month later
#17049 7 years ago

Usually new Sterns come with replacement slingshot plastics in case the existing ones break, as well as plastic key fobs. You don't really put them anywhere in the machine itself unless you have a plastic there that breaks, or you want to add the key fob to your keys.

2 months later
#17515 7 years ago

I was thinking about the Scoleri brothers recently too. I wish the reward for completing them was better, or they stayed away during SFMB and weren't awarded from Tobin. For me as a mediocre player Scoleri is more frustration than fun as ball control is already difficult on the machine, so I find the risk/reward for them to be out of whack.

#17518 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was about to place an order for a GB but stumbled across the "issues" thread and got me concerned as it seems a lot of people have problems with bending wire guards, ghosting inserts, and clear coat chipping.
What is the consensus of this? Best to wait a few months for Stern to fix the problems? The last thing I want is for inserts to start ghosting or chipping of my clear coat...

Bending wire was around the captive ball on early runs, newer ones ship with a fix in place, so wouldn't worry about that. As for clearcoat/ghosting issues, some are affected, others not. Supposedly newer runs don't have the issue, but Stern does have a replacement program it is ramping up on for people having the issue.

Any doubt or concern though, just wait. GBs will be run for at least another two years if it goes anything like Stern's other pins. Plenty of time to pick up a new one once you are 100% sure clearcoat issues are solved, or to find an HUO one where you can inspect yourself.

1 week later
#17553 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Wonder when it was actually taken?

If you watch the video, Jody was talking about how it was almost Thanksgiving a couple of times, so probably within the last day or two.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.