IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#481 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What show was that back in January where WWE was unveiled? Is that show still the first week of January coming up?

CES!

I'll be there again but in the main hall, so I can go check it out I'll look at the list and see if they are going

1 week later
#903 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Both the Robocop and Total Recall remakes were perfectly fine as movies (and had great casts!) They just didn't need to exist.

What about the judge dredd remake? I really liked it!

#904 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well I've always wanted a MIB LE......they have a payment plan.

Mmmmm

#921 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wonder what kind of Minnesota group buy we could get, all of them delivered to a trucking company in MPLS and we show up and take our games home. How many can they fit in a 63ft rig.

If they release this at CES I'll try it. Not a huge fan of buying a game unplayed.... But I may have to move some things if this is awesome

#932 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I don't like the idea of a pinball calling your phone through an app. Too much overhead for the casual user. It's like gimmicky for the sake of gimmicks.

It's the future!!! JM update should do that

#954 8 years ago

Where is out virtual versions of these new sterns?! I figured got would be the first.

#981 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But wouldn't the game need a computer in it tied into the code and gameplay like WOS to show the video? Your talkin major $$$$ then.

I thought spike system was able to handle the video out?

#1128 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

image_(resized).jpg

Ya!!!!!!

3 weeks later
#1938 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm really hoping for a Premium. LE is a bit too rich for my blood, so it really depends on the delta between the Pro and Premium.
Either way, it's exciting to see a GB game.

I'm with you!

#1950 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Anybody betting that they wait till 4:45PM to do the announcement to pull the thunder out of Spooky's sails? If there is even an announcement to be made today.

Great my romantic weekend get away will be kicking off with pinball

#1974 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Ha. You taking your lady with you or is it a romantic weekend alone.

Should be alone....the lady may follow me

#1975 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Too soon. Nor next Friday or Friday after Next.

Ya, if it is shipping in March ish....they wouldn't announce it unless they are ready to go.

#2349 8 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

Based on 47 pages of discussion for a game that hasn't been announced yet, can we say that this is the most hyped game ever? I hope it lives up to its expectations as it has the potential to be awesome.

hahha yeah. I gotta stop reading this thread.....Need to wait until some concrete info is out. This tease is worse than xXx

#2431 8 years ago

haha, I have that poster. I need a kick ass frame for it.

#2478 8 years ago

see the lego dimensions trailer today? Ghostbusters, Dr who and BTTF..... could be some licenses floating about

#2708 8 years ago

Why are people so gun ho obsessed with lcds. Every game that has one is more money than a stern pro....and everyone bitches games are too expensive hahaha

#2746 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Because when I look at the display I want to see Game of Thrones and Ghostbusters, not some red slurry that I have to squint to make out.

So for the last 26 years you've been squinting?

#2768 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

No, Just since I got old.
But seriously, just since Stern started doing the screen captures. They are a blurry mess most of the time.

Haha. Yeah my eyes are sucking more. I agree the movie rip dots suck bad. The hand done stuff like met or acdc look great.

2 weeks later
#4137 8 years ago

only see stuff from Feb 4th.....

#4267 8 years ago

I'm ready

maxresdefault_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(resized).jpg

#4321 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is that one street legal??

yes.

#4326 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If DMD is so bad, why haven't you guys all sold off your collections to get WoZ and on The Hobbit's preorder list? I mean if the games are so awful with DMDs, why subject yourself to such a broken and terrible experience?

ya, I agree. I love the dots and colordmd w/ the dots is a great mod.

#4330 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

...which people are still happy to pay $8000 for. Your point?

Stern's pro's are also the cheapest nib pin you can get!

#4339 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks! i can't find it under COR…can you hook me up with a link.

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot/license-requirements

yeah! I've seen a few up in my neck of the woods and then out in vegas I think.

#4402 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's not a profit margin play. DMDs are more expensive than LCDs...

Creating the graphics for the LCD could cost more than dots for a dmd It isn't all about the hardware

#4403 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

WOZ is out in the wild, it is a "kid friendly" theme, and yet it has not set the world on fire - not even with the youth.
The number one earning game again this month is WNBJM - a game with a score reel.

I'd rather have score reels anyway

#4496 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Which makes me think they'll rely on video clips instead of animations, which would be a huge bummer. I love good dot art, and trading it for video clips would suck.

ehhhh I wouldn't assume. The hand done art on the PF, and cab/glass. Plus w/ spiderman VE with redone dots that look good. I wouldn't put it past Stern to do this game right as their last dmd hurrah

2 weeks later
#5559 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Le.. No slings

image_(resized).jpg

magnet slings.

1 week later
#7710 8 years ago

Where was it said, there would be a addon/mod for the beams? I think that would be sweet. I know a mod could be done, but using existing wiring?

3 weeks later
#9463 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#9640 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

What would that increase insert LEDs cost from $0.10 to $0.15? LEDs are so cheap they are basically free.

ya, the crappy consumer grade ones

#9641 8 years ago

Probably pushing back all the home use games so they can ship the pro's to the release parties.

#9780 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Slimer is the thing that worries me the most, but I haven't seen it work in person so I'm not overly worried. I just looks like a part that would be prone to problems, and it doesn't look that great in pics. But I haven't heard a shit ton of issues with it so maybe it's good to go.
What's the Prem do over pro...moving more locations?

worked great on the pro, going up/down. THe prem/le it will do that plus side to side. I almost thought he'd break in half from ball hits, but seems solid. Some light shots don't register, but most solid shots did at mgc. Should be awesome. I always tried to hit him but he'd be up when he was moving up/down on the pro.

#9783 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

and how will he looks like after a 1000 hits.

I assume the GB's that were at MGC w/ marco were the ones from TPF? Looked brand new..... even after the weekend. I suppose they got over 1k plays a day as the line NEVER ended and it was played before opening and after.

#9790 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How on earth could a game be played 1,000 times in one day? Even at 1 min games, that would take almost 17 hours. Haha

opps my bad. I think I heard some peoples games had 900 a weekend... :-p so 1000 in a weekend, possible hahhahaha....I'm a space case today.

#9799 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I don't think he goes up and down, just side to side, I don't think he will come in contact with the ball at all.

He is supposed to block shots.... He gets hit on the pro, not sure why he wouldn't on the prem/le.

Says he is interactive on the flyer and matrix. For both pro and le/prem

Screen_Shot_2016-04-13_at_4.08.09_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-13_at_4.08.09_PM_(resized).png

#9801 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

He gets hit.
He also doesn't exactly block shots. I liked how more than half of the shots to him continued on through where ever he was. That was one of the reasons that I feel the Pro might be the game for me - his moving side to side is less interesting to me if he doesn't block shots, but his movement up and down on the Pro (Which I assume will be the same on the Premium) was the real winner. I don't know if he needs to move side to side for me to be happy, his up and down is great.

yeah on the pro he is just hanging by a steel cable, so he flings around a lot. Even if he doesn't "block" shots from not making it, he is in the way and it will count as a hit on him, while continuing the path.

#9841 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's something I just noticed in the Stern live stream gameplay video. At one point the right orbit shot is hit and the ball appears to stop under the firehouse. The beginning of a mode starts and the ball then comes out from under the firehouse. Is there a pop up peg or something under / near the firehouse toy to stop the ball?

Yes, there is a up post that can pop up. Like Metallica has near its pops

#9957 8 years ago

There can't be there them two number 1's...that would make 11 :-p

#9978 8 years ago

If prems don't ship until July....that means I could buy another game now!

#10021 8 years ago

That is pretty cool w/ basic code on it. I do miss the sounds of the coil firing, but when Dwight gets some complicated sling code going. It is going to be @#$#@$ bad ass

#10022 8 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Are these magnet sling only going to used for certain modes or for regular use to? Would be great if it was only used for modes.

Just as normal slings fire when hit, these will fire when hit. BUT since they are mag's, they can do different features for different modes. Like freeze the ball then drop to a flipper, bounce the ball between mags, etc.

#10039 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Here lies a great mod...additional firing kicker coil to replicate the authentic sound of a kicker Zero patent violation there for all you nodders

Just like on a vpin. Just put a coil in the bottom of the cab that is connected to the switches

#10111 8 years ago

I wanna see the correlation of peoples traditional slings vs magnaslings and lcd vs dmd.... :-p Have to have an lcd to be new age pinball but god forbid we do anything else that pushes the envelope

#10515 8 years ago

wathen_(resized).jpgwathen_(resized).jpg
I stayed out of this for a few days from all the annoying sling talk and it is still full of crap

Now that the pro's are shipping maybe some people will post actual GB stuff....
tumblr_nxzevkgeic1thr7ppo2_r1_1280_(resized).jpgtumblr_nxzevkgeic1thr7ppo2_r1_1280_(resized).jpg

#10516 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I like it. I ordered out of state to save a few bucks on taxes. I will call a couple more places and will call Melissa. Thanks all

As I tell everyone...call Melissa or over pay

#10520 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I called melissa and got the same price as anywhere else was giving. fail to see the logic in your statement. sure maybe a few years ago it was true but doesn't seem to be any longer.

Maybe it was the games I've bought in the past from her and all the ghosts I bust for them

#10528 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Maybe I should get a Ghostbusters instead of a Mustang. I called a dealer to get a quote for a Mustang Pro, and got $5495 for NIB, and $5195 for the floor model. Would have figured I could have gotten a better deal being that the game has been out longer than GB.

0.o that pricing is @$@#$# screwed up. I'd call around some more.

#10532 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I didn't know you could pay more to have it sooner? Care to elaborate on that?

I thought money could buy anything

#10553 8 years ago
Quoted from Macdaddy1974:

Stern has
Ghostbusters Pinball Plastic Protectors
on there site for sale

Screen_Shot_2016-04-19_at_12.45.23_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-19_at_12.45.23_PM_(resized).png

#10554 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

that's good, only $30 for 2 pieces of plastic.

and that is only for 1 side~!

EDIT: my bad that is a full set but there are color options. I thought they did a color split, like green on left/blue on right, like tron. My bad.

#10559 8 years ago

pinbits has similar sling/lane protectors for $25..... 5 more but it is from Stern directly. Aftermarket will always be there to have a cheaper solution.

#10566 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I see Stern has a placeholder for Ghostbusters code on their web page.
But no code yet.
I really want to load it into pin browser and hear all the extra stuff they have not used yet.
Hopefully now that full production games are landing with 0.02 code on them on location we may see an upload of newer code.

should be soon! some people are just starting to get theirs.

#11019 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

They want all the kinks to be discovered oversse

Curious what other machines with misspellings have sold for double?

Mmm ya. Even the Monroe pf on taxi doesn't go for that much more

2 months later
#15381 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not bad, my best is 550,000 or something and I REALLY had to work hard to get. How the guys do it that get 7 billion + is beyond me.

closing the drains off

#15418 7 years ago
Quoted from Trindle:

Hey guys, can you recommend a reputable online retailer to (pre-) order a premium from? Also, how do you feel about this as a first pin? I've played plenty of games while growing up but never considered owning a pin until recently. I'm pretty excited as I think I have my wife on-board.

I go with coin taker. Many good ones to choose from though.

2 months later
#17247 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Maybe Dwight should add something to the next update, where if the Pop Bumpers are engaged for 1 minute of solid activity, they go dead for a few seconds. This would let the ball drain out of the Pops.

Should make it like gottliebs gladiators, hold both flipper buttons and you can disable the pops.

#17249 7 years ago

Does stern still make game manuals for new games? Can't find one for Metallica or GB

#17251 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

an incredibly bad copy/paste crap manual for Metallica. The photocopy thing they include with the game is very small.. but there is a longer PDF on the website. But it's a trainwreck of inaccuracies, incomplete, and mashup of the different editions.

Ughhhhhhhh!!!! I LOVE big thick paper manuals. Something about them.

Lame, okay. Thanks for the info.

#17257 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Can you post a pic of what you did to your outlanes? I got my premium and the outlanes are insane. It actually ruins the game for me. I need to be able to nudge. Currently I can't. Any help on fixing that would be appreciated.

neo posted that he tapped his metal outlanes up 1/4" as they are so low from the factory the ball jumps over. Or are you talking of a different issue? Some have put post rubbers around the metal outlane

1 month later
#17493 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

She played 2 balls on a premium without a center post and walked away mid game, as both balls immediately drained, she thought it was broken.
When at the NYNY arcade she put $20 in the game there, as it had a center post.
She said the one she played before was missing the center post part and might have been defective.
I dont promt her or explain things like try to be a better player to her. I allow her to experiment and find games that match her ability as well as games that entice her.
My opinion is that pinball is a visceral thing, you either like the game or dont.
If you dont like it, dont put your money in it.
After the NYNY experience she is thinking we should get a GB as long as it has the center post, she liked it a lot.

Adding the plastic centerpost without drilling the pf was such a great idea. I won't use one, but I'm glad it's available for people that like it. The game is hard for sure

#17514 7 years ago

I got the new scoreli bro's springs from PBL. I need to put them in and see how they react.

1 week later
#17526 7 years ago

Probably. My led board has plastic covering the solder pads for 5v and gnd

#17530 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone know what the point of this bracket on the sling plastics is?

I think those are for air balls, the proton guns were to be in the black plug holes in the pf I thought.

#17533 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

probably just an assembly error. It's not on the majority of games you look at.

it is on all the ones I've seen..... premiums at least.

#17540 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting. I played a pro a few weekends ago and I didnt think he only moved up and down.... hmmnnn.
But if thats the case, it makes my decision of getting a Pro or Premium that much harder...
Are the Premiums still having issues with Slimmer dragging on the playfield and hitting 3d artwork?
Holding out so Stern can fix all the issues ive been reading about..

slimer is adjustable, technically, so if that is the "last" main issue, not sure waiting will help. Now that the pf is resolved, I'd place the order and get your gaming on!

#17545 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on the new Johns Arcade video below where he toured the Stern factory it seems that according to John Truduea the proton pack stream mod may still be in the works and he also mentioned something about the code being 70% done upon release.
Video below starts where John starts talking to John T. about Ghostbusters.
» YouTube video

Ya, considering most the stern aftermarket mods are sold out. I don't expect even an expensive mod to sell well, I'd buy them.

#17550 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

That I'm scared thing happened when I was playing freaked me out LOL

I've had it happen about 5 times and it still scares me it's still cool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.