IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

I would think Gozer dogs with glowing red led eyes would be a must.

I'd love to see Stay-puft, but he'd really need to be done in some larger-than-life kind of way, like maybe with just his huge head and hands showing over the top of a building edge that runs along the back wall. As if the playfield is on the roof or something like that.

#21 8 years ago

A couple of possibilities for "volcano-style" multiball: a card catalog drawer or the roof of the firehouse itself (from the "turning off the grid" scene)

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

alternatively you could go for a sub playfield which could be inside the trap with 2 flippers and a green ball and the ghosts are trying to escape the trap to start a ghost escape multiball

Or a sub playfield that is the subway full of pink slime!

.... not everyone hates the second movie

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I love the 2nd movie!

Yeah, me too! I just know quite a few people who are big fans of the first one and who'd rather pretend like the second didn't exist for some reason.

Also, am I the only one who wouldn't mind a version with the art style of the cartoon series...?

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's fun to speculate, knock yourselves out. But maybe calm down how you hype yourself up, because you're just going to disappoint yourself when the real game doesn't look like what you dreamed up in your head.

Yeah, this is all just borderline mental masturbation considering that there's a chance that Stern may never make this pin, and there's more than a fair chance that they will give it the "GoT treatment" if they do.

On the other hand, it's certainly something fun to do to between reading scathing opinions of the GoT art and watching the positively riveting video clips Stern has been posting to prove them wrong...

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The main reason I still feel best about giving these to Stern is that they SHIP games. Lots of folks waiting around for games from many of the other guys.

It seems like the there are (at least) a couple of schools of thought on this issue. Those who just want the game to get out there and those who'd rather see a theme that they like (or love) just sit on a shelf rather than be poorly done.

I used to consider myself in the first group, but after the GoT reveal (a theme I liked even more than GB), I'm rapidly moving toward hoping that all my favorite themes stay out of the hands of people who don't even attempt to understand them before tossing a machine together.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Anybody remember these bad boys from Hardee's? I've used the white one since 1989! Only had to replace the batteries once in 2010!
The black one is sealed and will stay that way.

IMG_0025.jpg

Wow, that brings back memories... I had the white one. I mean, I think it only lasted a week or two before it died, but I definitely recall having one

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

To me it's less about Ghostbusters, and more about how disappointing people are finding the GOT announcement, so they're already looking past it.

Quoted from Aurich:

I'm just not at all convinced that Stern will do it justice. They've dropped the ball so much lately. Honestly they haven't done a great pin IMHO since Metallica.

Agreed.

I'm personally more excited about Alien since it's as close to a "favorite" theme as I'm likely to ever get in a pin, but it's still fun to speculate about what we'd like to see in another theme that so many people love (regardless of how you feel about the second one...which was great btw )

Speaking of, there has to be a great way to work "crossing the streams" into a pin, right? Or did I miss that already?

1 week later
#223 8 years ago

It's great to see so many people from the original films in this new reboot (?), but it's a damn shame they couldn't manage to pull at least some of them together for a real sequel for all those years.

1 month later
#268 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a stupid cash in remake of an old movie franchise. I can't even work up any emotion over it one way or the other.

From what I've read, this seems to be the same reason Rick Moranis wasn't interested in a having a cameo in it.

2 months later
#2128 8 years ago

I apologize if this has been posted before and/or if everyone has already seen it, but I was hanging out with some friends tonight and Ghostbusters II came on so one of them mentioned this about the guy who played Vigo. I'd heard it before, but never really read up on it. It's definitely interesting:

http://deadspin.com/the-hateful-life-and-spiteful-death-of-the-man-who-was-1737376537

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_von_Homburg

2 months later
#8213 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

You mean you guys don't have separate checking accounts? I buy what I want and she buys what she wants. We've never had an argument about money in 13 years!

I hope you're right. I'm getting married in a couple of months and this is what we're planning to do. Of course, we already instantly have an argument if i say anything that could remotely be interpreted as me being interested in buying another machine this year. She already tells everyone that i "have another one on the way" as if Alien LE is going to appear on the doorstep any day now I'm a bit jealous of some of you guys

#8231 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Someone needs to study the pinball buying center of the brain. It's got to be in this area somewhere.
image_(resized).png

From what I've seen during my relatively short time in the hobby, I'd guess it was the same place as or at least pretty close to the alcohol center...

Quoted from kpg:

My wife loves pinball as much as me- when I told her about Ghostbusters a while back, she told me I better buy it. When the pics and video were released she told me to stop watching the videos and just buy it. Now that I have it on order, she asks me every other day if I have new info as to when we will be getting it- I love it !

You suck.

Actually, my fiance did say GB premium looked "pretty cool" when i showed her some pics and didn't throw anything at me when i mentioned i would like to get one "sometime next year" so i guess thats an ok start. She also seemed interested in the magnetic slings concept so I'm hoping she'll like it once we actually get to play one.

3 weeks later
#10146 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think the slings appear to have the 'potential' to be really cool, fun, and different.

Ha. The "potential." Great stuff

1 week later
#11332 7 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Greedy waiting for My GB LE but may take a while until it's over here in Good Ol' Germany
Yesterday I've mounted my life size terror dog bust to the wall of My home cinema as it Is way too huge to put IT above My GB pinball machine ))

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nice! Hey, is that Pumpkinhead in that last pic?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=nman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.