IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

3 months later
#1190 8 years ago

Oct 17th pic

slimmer_(resized).jpgslimmer_(resized).jpg

#1245 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Why has lyman skipped so many pins? Wwe. Kiss. GoT and now GB?

Finishing up SMVE

#1248 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

New rules? i thought it was just new dots

Unknown if it's translated to Spike or not, but it will be full LED which is new.

#1292 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Doubt all you want. You're very mistaken. The new factory exists to pump out twice as many games a year. GOT is irrelevant to Ghostbusters release schedule.

Churchill cabinet building is the same size, the metal fab parts suppliers are the same size.
Compound that with Christmas and New Years short weeks. Not to mention Chicago labor wage/health care issues and employee issues at Churchill. People in the know, know what I'm talking about.

Can't make games any faster if the base necessary product is not available. I bet Stern is looking at making their own cabinets in that building in the future.

#1304 8 years ago

So you're claiming Ghostbusters isn't going to be out until May?
That's really the only thing I'm disputing.

Didn't say that. Spidey Vault is next followed by GB. Both very soon (like next month soon). No idea on the production timeline but the games themselves are being announced very soon. Pro model always first then LE usually a month at minimum between those 2 tiers based on past releases. I'd guesstimate Pro shipping by late Feb.

#1306 8 years ago

So you're claiming Ghostbusters isn't going to be out until May?
That's really the only thing I'm disputing.

So anyone confirm this as GB ?

GBPF_(resized).jpgGBPF_(resized).jpg

#1349 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Rumors are fun, and that is all this is. Funny to read people's posts about how they know this or that but they don't know anything except a rumor that someone else said and are taking it for fact. I guarantee the people that know what is going on and what is coming next are NOT posting on this forum about it. The people that know someone that knows are also not posting as they won't get info anymore.
I am honestly thinking about creating a rumor title and see how far I can get with it to prove the point.

But you just posted

#1356 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That particular playfield picture is from a tour of CGC that Joe from Pinball Star got a while back. MN Pinball was actually asking if anybody could confirm if it was GB.

Bingo !

#1357 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

What's behind that one...a couple of mini playfields?.

GoT minis on a sheet

#1358 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Here's sloppily rotated and distorted version.
Looks like scoop on the right near the inlanes, scoop about halfway up the left side. Some kind of captive thing shot next ot that with the slot just past a target bank? Curved bank of 5 targets in the middle, with a pop triangle behind that. Probably 2 ramps on those rows of inserts on either side of the 5 targets, orbits outside of those. Looks like maybe some mid-playfield single targets like Cactus Canyon?
derp_(resized).jpg

I like the Medieval Madness trolls/X-Men nightcrawler pop ups that could be slimmer disappearing ghosts. Speculating.

#1409 8 years ago

Dwight is lead on software for GB so everyone chill.

Lyman is lead with Borg's next pin.

#1417 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Star Trek and Game of Thrones are two of his most recent games. He proved with Star Trek that he can create a deep story based ruleset. I hope the same type of story / objective based ruleset is seen with Ghostbusters.
GOT is still a very new pin so I wonder how he's splitting his time between both games? GOT rules did seem much further ahead upon initial release compared to previous Stern games so maybe the same thing will happen with Ghostbusters.

GoT had 2 years development from Star Trek. GoT was the most code heavy produced game to release and it shows.

#1434 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

SOOOO what company has confirmed they are making a "GB" game..????? Link??

http://sternpinball.com/games/ghostbusters/pro

#1450 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

It's looking like JW/other, or maybe somebody inside is trying to throw MNPinball off this time!
MNPinball posted this 5 days ago in another thread:

Then, he edited it yesterday & added the line:

You stalking me ?

#1451 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, is that Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix, Jurassic World or other?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1463 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

looks like..."We've got ONE!!!"

GB_04_(resized).png

Closer

#1471 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

looks like..."We've got ONE!!!"

GB_04_(resized).png

Those 2 long slits in the left are for the 3 captive ball switches forward/rearward motion That image needs fixing.

#1476 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm glad to hear that. I usually enjoy 2-flipper games over 3-flipper games, but I loved Tron, TFTC, HS2, etc. when I owned them.
Do you think the LE will have another flipper area (i.e. GOT) or will all models feature just 2 flippers?

This represents the LE

slimmerproton_(resized).jpgslimmerproton_(resized).jpg

#1487 8 years ago

Lol

#1516 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I talked to a dist who talked to his rep for the area. Said no about GB but talked about comic version of SM. I do want GB to happen cause it would be a great theme for me to route (as long as pros have old movie art).

Buy from a better distributor in the know

#1525 8 years ago

#1549 8 years ago

Not counting SMVE the next 2 titles are still Dots i'm told, but LCD is coming. But also heard GB is LCD so until I see a pic it's speculation

#1574 8 years ago
Quoted from SideTrackTap:

Stern updated their Facebook cover page to this. Maybe we'll get some kind of announcement Monday...
Chris

IMG_4771_(resized).PNG

Monday anouncement will have nothing to do with GB

#1575 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What about the Pro getting a DMD and the LE getting the LCD?

Lol, why have 2 coding teams for 2 of the same model titles ?
If Pinside goons were crazy over delayed code before it would be crazy with 2 models.

It's all or nothing once the transition takes hold folks.

#1603 8 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

3 words. Smell the glove.

#1612 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

With all the kick in the nuts like two companies flopping on pre-sale games (SkitB and JPop), I don't think a monochrome DMD is going to stop ANYONE from ordering GB.
A lot of people (myself included) say: "If Stern does this...I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO out." and then something like an image of the GB flipper bats being designed to look like energy beams emanating from the inlane/outlane dividers designed to look like proton packs is published on Stern's FB page and those same people are all like:
"OMFGOMFOGMFOGMFOMGOMFG.....TAKE my money HOLY shiznats GGGGGGGGGGGGAAAHHHH must have this GAIIIIIIMMMMMMEEEE...!!!!!! Got to sell my LE this and Premium that to make room for this one!!!! RAWR!!!!!"
A DMD stopping people from buying this game is like taking down a tank with a toothpick: it ain't happening.

The 3D CAD stay puft toy in the upper right did me in

#1617 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ok ok seriously. Will the LE/Premium be worth the difference? That's a lot of cheddar, and I'm a notorious Pro whore.

I've "seen" plenty to know this will be John Trudeau's best game he's done for Stern (not that it's that tough with only WWE and Mustang). He's finally got a theme that he can do something with. It's gonna sell well to ops and the home buyer. Only thing it needs is the code. Yeti hand drawn art, playfield layout, timeless excellent theme and hopefully some custom Aykroyd speech will make this an instant classic. My order is in already.

#1653 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

...Sterns timer reminds me of Back to the Future. (wait 7 hours? then it will be 01:00 local time..)

12417677_10153821481099244_7340684072285901245_n_(resized).jpg

Wrong thread bud, should have posted this on SMVE thread.

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Are distributers really taking orders for GB already?

Yes

#1787 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Have people really already ordered GB LE?

Yes, many have

#1794 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Really? Many. Why is there a fear it's gonna sell out? They are probably going to make A LOT of LE's for this one. 1,000?

Has nothing to do with numbers.

Has everything to do with theme, design/layout and art. As well as comedy with Murray/Aykroyd. Pinball needs comedy for longetivity and funny pinball is few and far between. This title will sell well.

But I could see 700-800 LE but no numbers have been released.
I know I want the game so I put money down, I can always change my mind or switch to premium if that's an option.

#1816 8 years ago

Buddy of mine met Ernie Hudson at the airport this morning, I got the message late otherwise I would have had him asked questions

#1827 8 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

Here's something I whipped up in Future Pinball. Definitely some new and weird things going on.

GB-Speculation_(resized).jpg

The Neuton ball has 3 balls behind it in a horseshoe to collect on a side.
Large insert is a flasher, not a magnet.
2 square holes on right are for the ramp in/out subway.

#1837 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

mnpinball, if there is no premium at this stage do you know what items (game play features) won't be on the pro?
proton beams, floating slimer, mid playfield drop targets ???

Stay tuned

#1838 8 years ago

I don't honestly think that slimmer is a bash toy, he's a reveal floating toy that comes out and you build your power to use your proton beams to align at slimmer to catch him. Which only would be LE version.

#1847 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great to see there will be a Pro BG and no price increase....for the Pro anyway.

DMD

#1981 8 years ago

Pro/Prem/LE I heard as well. They expect a good demand for this one.

#2019 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

LE paid in full here

I find this interesting since no pricing has been confirmed, is your distributor going to refund any difference if you have over paid ?

#2028 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Do people have moles...aka...friends within Stern who are sharing stuff. Literally so much excitement for something nobody has seen. I get the theme is AMAZING, but calling it a homerun pin already? Nobody's even flipped once is kind of crazy, no?

People have seen and played it.

Trudeau and Stern have a winner here more like a home run, LE should sell out to distribs very FAST !

#2154 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I don't think anyone has seen this game or has pics of it. I think people in this thread are just trying to get people going and pull their leg. The pics would be on Instagram or some blog site then.. Just my opinion.

#2264 8 years ago

Ghostbusters will not have an LCD for a display. Still dots, however it will have a small LCD built within the game for some really cool effects only in LE/premium

#2300 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I heard the announcement will be on February 14th 2016. I received this information from an alien at the Holiday Inn, Paramus...

Deadpool approves

#2313 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Full sized ( or semi sized) light bar would look awesome especially if the head art is the Ecto-1. Couple that with the Ecto-1s siren, and you'd have an amazing multiball sequence sure to attract other potential players. All I know is if Stern doesn't do it, I will.

Stay tuned

#2416 8 years ago

Ghostbusters announced in Feb. Will be at TPF for play.

That's what I'm thinking

#2566 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

There's a fake layout image circulating that someone mocked up over the whitewood. Is there another layout that's making the rounds along with that one?

The real CAD is floating around.

#2648 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Not that it's any surprise, but I definitely confirmed a Ghostbusters has been licensed to a company to make a pinball machine. I called Rocket Licensing (www.rocketlicensing) and said I was from JJP looking to license Ghostbusters for a pinball machine. They said a similar license to a pinball machine was already licensed, and due to contractual agreements could not consider a conflicting license issuance.
Just an FYI

Great, now do the same thing with Aerosmith, Hendrix, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, Rush, Queen, and the others to see what's what

But seriously, old news. Many on this board already have deposits in.

#2684 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Magnetic slings are the only logical explanation for the whitewood geometry that's posted in this thread. Traditional slings have 3 slots between the two posts - two for the switches to trigger the armature and the third elongated slot for the arm to move. The whitewood shows only a single rectangular slot, sized to match a standard leaf switch. Unless there's no outside force and it's just the ball bouncing into plain old rubber (which would be lame) it seems like the only logical explanation is magnets. So yeah, how are those going to affect game play in multiball? As for push/pull, I was pretty sure that magnets can only pull.... Unless a magnet is coming into contact with another magnet - -

I love the comeback of the SMOOOOOTH wireform return flipper lane guides vs. the traditional plastic. This is going to be a fast game.

#2755 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I've heard magnet slings. From two diff reputable sources... If that helps

If that rumor originated from me, is it still valid lmao

#2831 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Stay tuned!
Someone tell jared we're even now for him banning me from the fb page.

Out of respect of Stern and their employees, and the ones who work to pay bills and take care of their families. I'd request that link be taken down.

Someone no doubt will be fired over such a big leak.
Sharing and showing privately among friends is respected, but a public leak of this magnitude is not cool. There is a lot of talented and cool people at Stern, sad to see someone lose a job over this.

#2868 8 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

This "leak" hardly shows anything that wasn't already on Star_gazer's mock-up, a mock-up that you were pushing along with "warmer/colder" hints. Besides that, weren't you the one that originally posted the whitewood before it was confirmed?

I never posted any pics, the whitewood was from the "industry pinball" visit. That's what started the whole rumor thread.
For the record I'm not special. This was the first time I seen the LE slimer art pics.

Pinside really is full of a bunch of whinny old ladies that like to put spin on things to make themselves look better than the next guy.

Pinball, politics, sports, religion. All very opinionated and even though you are wrong you are right....

#2897 8 years ago

Right scoop is now gone, right upper ramp slightly moved up, slings are now standard with kicker arms. The magnet rumor can now be squashed. But still Pro vs. LE might be different. Some people seem a vid at the Euro show with magnets. The finished PF blank I saw has routed slots for sling kickers.

#2902 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah that is always the bummer when they strip the machine down.
I assume
The single drops go away.
Left captive is just that. No balls rolling behind it.
No spinner for the firehouse.
Worst case the train track ramp doesn't go under the playfield on the pro.
I can't see them stripping slimer out of the Pro. That will be a major selling point to people who are just walking up to the machine. Slimer will grab their attention.

Single drops are in the Pro
No subway ramp.

Single drops are represented as Scoleri brothers.
http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Scoleri_Brothers

#3058 8 years ago

Games that get hyped, usually get a price increase. Marketing genius better lock the thread now.

#3125 8 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I'm curious what people think about the translucent ball/box shaped object that is seen between two of the left hand molded buildings above the pop bumpers? I have been wondering if this is alluding to a ball being up there considering there is an opening over to the right hand side of the buildings that could allow a ball to drop back onto the playfield from up there.
Any thoughts?
Oh and note the black "Ecto Goggles" housing just inside the upper left ramp... There is a plastic below it that could serve as a projection screen for the Pepper's Ghost effect.

Parked position of Slimmer before a reveal ?

#3138 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Can't speak for everyone but for me personally I've been in the market for a new machine since GOT was announced. I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan but the pin didn't do enough for me so I sat out. Next came Spidey. I was going to buy that until they announced the price. For me it was more than I want to spend on a VE (guess I got spoiled with IM). Can't justify an 8k pin in Woz, Hobbit or MMr. Aliens seems so far away...
99% sure Ghostbusters will be my next pin based on the leaked info. But my money was already on hold for the reasons listed above... not because of Ghostbusters.

Pros up $500 I'm hearing, keep the hype train rolling it will be more

1 week later
#4045 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

any speculation on if GB will be offered in 3 versions?

Yes and yes

#4153 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Can you comment on the left captive ball area or where the ramp appears to go under the PF? How about the scoleri bros, are these just drop targets like in CC?

Pro has normal slings, left scoop, left captive balls, middle top Neuton ball, right scoop changed to a catch saucer. No subway ramp on Pro. All models have the 2 brothers single drop targets.

1 week later
#4780 8 years ago

There are Pros on the floor built already for export, it will be at TPF I'm sure in a few weeks.

#4952 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, Stern responded to the ad posted on their facebook.
If they're not deleting stuff anymore, and acknowledging it, then the big reveal must be here very soon. maybe today?
Screen_Shot_2016-03-03_at_11.56.26_AM_(resized).png

Not this week

#4953 8 years ago

Rumor of Ernie Hudson is doing the custom speech.

1 week later
#5568 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I am impressed!! Prem looks the best IMO.

Where are the PREMIUM marshmallow man pics you speak of ?

#5648 8 years ago

Premium the best !!!!

#5670 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Actually that's the pro... This is the premium

image_(resized).jpg

You are wrong

#5999 8 years ago
Quoted from DHG:

I've looked at all the pictures posted here... where is the LCD screen? Do we have to supply our own?

Ecto goggles hologram on the disc.

ectogoggles1_(resized).jpgectogoggles1_(resized).jpg

#6009 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

wow...look at all the pins that hit the marketplace today....lots of people making room and getting funds...gonna be a huge seller

Which is why you need to sell 2 months ahead of the announcement

#6028 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Just noticed the reflection off the clearcoat on the bottom left of this pic. Look at that sweet CC! Looks a bit like a gravel road.
Let's hope this was just a proto PF
On another note Yeti served up a ridiculously busy PF (that we pin fans like!) and the colors used are great but I wonder if IN PERSON all those thin painted "vacu-form" buildings and structures will look as good as it does in the pics? Or will it look flimsy and cheesy in real life?
Hopefully the former!

stern-ghostbustersle-details-13jpg-c74fcc_640w_(resized).jpg

Early prototype for press release always is this way same as the blurry plastic ramps, these are first run populated prototypes.

#6313 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LCD on Star Wars
I'm hoping they scrapped Aerosmith for Led Zepplelin
And Donny artwork. Would be a shame to waste Lyman, Borg and Donny on Aerosmith
Donny ain't doing Aero

But he would do Hendrix

#6656 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wonder if they have an Ecto-1 light bar topper in the works.
That's the first thing I'm going after if I get this game.

I'd assume so

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.