IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11671 7 years ago

Anyone made any nice apron cards?

#11713 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Thanks, great idea on changing the bulbs.....what or who would you suggest me buying them from?

Not quite so easy, half of the flashers are SMD type on boards, for example the 2 red outlane flashers, the large white lightning flash insert below slimer, Gozer insert and the left scoop flasher, few others too.

#11946 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Piss on video mode, is that remotely interesting?

Agreed. I have the pro and the video mode is just annoying. I like video modes normally but this one does seem pointless...which is how you end up if you keep guessing. At least you can just cash in straight away if you want to but surely they can do better than this?

#12118 7 years ago

I find the right ramp extremely difficult to hit on purpose, clearly I need to get better. Left orbit isn't too easy either.

#12152 7 years ago

One small issue I've had happen a few times is a ball falling into the storage facilty scoop from the ramp above lips out and heads for the center drain, its as if the scoop is too shallow ( it is pretty shallow ). Maybe its because my machine is too steep? Its at 7.7 degrees ( I didn't set it that way on purpose but when measure thats how it is. How steep do others have theirs set?

1 week later
#12590 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I played a few games at the Tucson launch party(Thanks Desert1). Fast, fun game!! Ball was bouncing around a bit. My only "complaint" is the brightness!! Jeesus, when the lighting bolts light up, it's like the sun opened up or something. This was in a fully lit area, I could not imagine this in my house where ambient lighting is much lower.
Overall fun game and feel Stern bit a homerun that will only get better!!

Have you not seen Sterns new line in sunglasses? . Seriously though I like a nice bright game but there are times on my GB I just wish for the flashing to stop so I can find the ball. The lightning flash has pcb mounted LED flashers under a clear insert, not sure that was a good idea.

#12688 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody feel like this game is very lacking in multiballs; really only has one that is achievable; needs way more multiballs

Yes I've been thinking that too, most games the best you can hope for is storage multiball. It takes an exceptional game to get to any of the others. That said it doesn't stop the machine being very enjoyable.

1 week later
#13228 7 years ago

Whats the latest thinking on how the negative reinforcement game works? someone said pick star or bacon but that doesn't seem reliable to me, is it just random?

#13234 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Anyone knows what this Means
abbreviate choreography
At the Settings ?!?

Isn't that when you hit both flipper buttons to prematurely end any animation that's running and give you the damn ball back? . That's what I assumed it meant anyway.

#13312 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

What was with the sound that was getting locked on? Maybe it was just the audio capture though.

Thats the new timer sound for river of slime and proton pack, its awful.

#13408 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hi there, long term lurker here but after playing the PRO machine for 4 hours today I want one. I just wondered what are the chances of getting the LE or Premium here in the UK? - and if anyone had any advice for a dealer to use? I'm talking to the guys at Home Leisure Choice who I bought a pool table from and they are very good guys.
Cheers,
Neil.

You should have no problem getting a premium Neil, Pinball heaven is the place to get your new machines here in the uk. I got my pro from them a few weeks ago.

https://pinball.co.uk/shop/pinball-machines-for-sale-new-used-fully-refurbished/stern-ghostbusters-pinball-machine-pro-premium-limited-edition/

#13749 7 years ago

I agree about the right ramp being a waste of time on the pro, I can hit it maybe 1 in 10 attempts, its barely wider than the ball. For those saying ' yes but its really satisfying when you hit it ' ...that really is no answer, of course its really satisfying when you hit it because you fail so many other times. Would it be satisfying to hit it if it was only a 1 in 100 attempts shot? Of course it would but would it just be a waste of space on the playfield the rest of the time? Damn right. Do I need to get better at pinball? Of course I do, but as others have pointed out GB is a really fun theme but some of the shots will only ever be hit accidentally by casual players.

#13752 7 years ago

I don't even notice the wider flipper gap, sure I can see it but its not an issue to me. I fixed the outlane jumpovers on day 1 very carefully with a hammer and a pin punch, very easy fix. Drop targets drop every time after adding tension to their springs. After those fixes and playing for a few weeks to get dialed in to the shots I wouldn't say its overly hard machine, my average score has crept up and up. I just can't get dialed into that right ramp.

2 weeks later
#14917 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Thought of this the other day, is there a "fix" for the stupid on switch in the head? GB is going in a lineup & that's a pain in the ass..

Unless you have little T-Rex arms it really isn't a problem. Mine is in a lineup and I'm of average height at best, still easy to reach.

2 weeks later
#15369 7 years ago

I've questioned the use of the 3 rollover switches on the main ramp on the pro, If you set them too low they don't register a well hit ball up the left ramp, too high and a ball hit up the right ramp can get caught on them if the ball slows down and changes direction in just the wrong spot. I spent a lot of time adjusting them when I first got my machine, I have given up now and just accept a 90% success rate with left ramp shots and the odd stuck ball going the other way from the right ramp. Why didn't they just use optos? there's optos everywhere on Star Trek.

3 weeks later
#15916 7 years ago

How strong is the centre post supporting plastic of the pbl kit? I wouldn't have thought it would last very long with balls hitting it at full speed.

#15959 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone have this issue sometimes where the ball gets stuck in the poppers for a very long time? Today it got stuck in the pops for over two minutes !
After a minute of doing this, I decided to start recording it. Kind of annoying.. Just wondering if anyone with a Pro or LE has experienced this. 5 mins later, it did the same thing for about a minute or so.
» YouTube video

The ball likes to stay up there between the pops and the Gozer target on my pro but for about 10 seconds max, nothing like that. Carry on like that and you will be melting coils.

1 week later
#16365 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i cant deal with original setting, i prefer just setup "in line" with the lanes...
but again, its all personal taste & feeling
of course, this change all shoot angles, but its only a matter of few games to adapt your gameplay

Re-aligning the flippers to the inlane guides was a day 1 alteration for me, the gap doesn't bother me but the droopy alignment does. Same with TWD. The only problem is when you have to play another machine in a comp with the original alignment you pretty much have no chance unless you can get plenty of practice on it first. That happened to me recently on a JM, mine were aligned with the inlanes but the comp machine had droopy flippers, I couldn't hit anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=kevlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.