IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshodbrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8686 8 years ago

Anybody in US/Canada in on a Pro and have any insight on when they'll start shipping here? As of March 15, the distributor I am buying from said the 1st or 2nd week of April (which seemed ambitious), but I've heard chatter of late April as well. Anybody heard anything concrete?

#8803 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like Pro shipments are pushed back a couple weeks.
This is from IFPA for launch party info.
"UPDATED – The date Stern is targeting is April 29th-May 1st weekend or later. April 15th and 22nd weekends are no longer an option."

Bummer. I was looking forward to some Ghostbuster action sooner than that. Wonder what the holdup is? Would they hold back worldwide rollout to catch up on inventory due to popularity? or is there a production problem?

#8807 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I am really not surprised by the delay been guessing late April early may for awhile now. I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with a major production flaw. Still can't wait to see prem/LE in action.

Yeah, my dealer/distributor was saying early April, and to me that just felt too ambitious to be true. I was trying not to get my hopes up too much and set myself up for disappointment. This sorta stuff makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

#8867 8 years ago

I like the video mode, because it brings out your greedy side. Cash out now or keep going and maybe double my points! Like lets trade what you've got now for whats behind Door #3!! The suspense!

1 week later
#9353 8 years ago

Anybody watch the Stern live stream on Facebook a few minutes ago?, latest code (version 1.0) on the Pro being test played. Notice any big changes?

#9410 8 years ago

Have pros started leaving the factory yet? Sounds like they're pretty close now!

#9644 8 years ago

I have a Pro ordered that my distributor says should arrive on or around April 25/26.

#9993 8 years ago

Stern just broadcast a short live stream of the mag slings. I think some of you are going to be disappointed....

#10000 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think they look great. With multiple balls it's going to be wild.

i was thinking more about them saying it was early code, and maybe it could mean some delay for the LEs that everybody was getting excited about being shipped in the near future.

#10015 8 years ago

you know that they posted that video, then rushed back to their computer to refresh this thread to see what we're saying...

HI DWIGHT and JOHN!!!

#10132 8 years ago

Heres the Jr version

ghostbusters_pinball_(resized).jpgghostbusters_pinball_(resized).jpg

#10451 8 years ago

April 25/26 for my Pro in Canada-land. At least in my neck of the woods.

#10757 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

How would you ad the subway, the physical ball locks and the different ramps to a pro?

nothing a jigsaw, some duct tape, and some WD40 wont solve!

#10810 8 years ago
Quoted from Macdaddy1974:

My Ghostbusters has shipped

mine too, got the notice on Monday. Should have it by this time next week i hope (or sooner).

#10902 8 years ago

I did see a video of mass hysteria multi ball a while back, but it wasn't on YouTube and can't seem to find it now.

#10906 8 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

» YouTube video

Nice, thats the one! looks like 6 ball multi ball with the flippers reversed

#10977 8 years ago

Wow. So whos insurance pays for this? or are you out of luck?

#10979 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Ghostbusters is busted.. literally

So what happened? Busted somewhere along the way?? Dropped off the truck at the end of its trip??

#11222 7 years ago

Shaker Motor adds a nice effect. Do you need it? no. Would you want one after you played a game that has it, I think Yes! I got a Shaker upgrade for free on my GB Pro and its awesome!

#11232 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Nice! Can you give examples of how they integrated the shaker with gameplay? Is it used during the storage facility multi ball intro, and maybe when hitting slimer?

Shaker fires when Slimer registers a hit, and when you hit either of the captive ball targets. The game shakes quite a bit when the buzzer and animation sequence is going off for storage facility multi ball. It pretty much goes nuts during multi ball cause you're hitting everything. it shakes every once in a while for other random things which I haven't picked up the pattern on yet. You can change the shaker settings to be less, or off. the default is maximum shaking.

I am releasing a unboxing, review, and gameplay video in the next day or so for our youtube channel. about 1 hour 50'ish minutes long total, with almost 90 minutes of gameplay.

#11237 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Please post that video, would like to see that review

I had over 60 GB of video from two different camera angles, HD 60fps, glass removed from the game. one overhead shot and one over the shoulder view sync'd up. I kicked off rendering lastnight at midnight and it was still processing this morning at 40%. Should be done by the time I get home from work, and then I have to upload and let YouTube chew on it for a few hours

#11240 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Nice looking forward to the video

If you want to subscribe and be notified when the video is up, https://www.youtube.com/TheCanadianArcade

I have to watch the video once its rendered to make sure theres no issues, but I'm thinking tomorrow or Friday it should be available. Our channel is mostly arcade stuff, but we are slowly breaking into pinball a little more.

#11565 7 years ago

I start preparing myself to move the outlane posts down the the bottom settings on mine, and then I give my head a shake, cause if I do that, THE MACHINE WINS! I will keep at it and dominate that game.

#11586 7 years ago

We just released a long review video for Ghostbusters Pro. Enjoy!

#11635 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

But the right ramp is plastic on the Prem /LE. If it were metal too, that would be better.

The right ramp doesn't matter, cause you'll almost never hit it anyway, and when you do, it'll be by accident.

#11642 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The right ramp is as tight of a ramp as I've ever seen, but I was able to hit it multiple times on purpose. It's not impossible, guys.

Yes, I've hit it too when I tried. But the reaction is always, 'Holy shit I did it!' So yes, it is very rewarding feeling when you do manage to pull it off. The right ramp and the left orbit are probably the toughest shots. The terror Dog target is also pretty tough.

2 weeks later
#13094 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wait... does the machine do something @ midnight lol?
Can u set the time on Spike games?
Am I asking silly questions?
Remember that cop show "Hunter" from the 80's?

#13096 7 years ago

The Big Lebowski is a great game, much slower pace compared to GB. I played it for about an hour and a bit at the YEGPIN Expo a couple weeks ago, i just love the theme. Dutch Pinball did a reprogramming and display upgrade for Bride of Pinbot. Some people are still weary of them as they've only shipped a dozen or so TBLs to date. I believe they had close to 200 preorders, and they need to fill those first before they gain everybody's trust and move onto their next title.

#13178 7 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Have had a few air balls too. That is the only noticeable issue out of the box thus far, other than I suck at it.

It gets better! I sucked so bad at GB the first week or two i had it, so bad that i had almost regretted getting the game because it was so brutal with the airballs and cheap drains and I just wasnt enjoying it. i can report that it is much better now after having broken the game in more (i've had it for a month now). I can get Mass Hysteria nearly every time now when I play, and my typical game lasts 10+ minutes. with scores of 500-900 million. the outlane drains don't seem cheap anymore, and i got a good feel for when to give it a little nudge to reduce the middle drains.

#13188 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can you advance through the modes at all or do you still tend to only see "Dog" and "Librarian" ...have you advanced to Marshmallow Man yet?

you will always have to start with Spooked Librarian, Who brought the Dog, and We got one. Personally i've gotten to Back off Man, The Ballroom, and Gozer the Gozerian on each opf the ladders. I havent beaten Back off man or Ball room yet, but close! I rack up all my points from shooting super jackpots, or collecting gear awards from hitting the left ramp over and over. I'm getting better at Gozer Hurry Up, Terror Dogs, and collecting the Scolari Brothers jackpots. hit Left captive balls to light multi ball and just catch a lot of ghosts, and try to do 10% skill shots when you can if you've already got a high score going, or work on those bonus multipliers. Start scenes from skillshots or light them from pop bumper awards instead of chasing slimer away. There are plenty of points to be had without clearing the ladders. Shooting at Slimer alone is not very rewarding, and when i do hit him, i just go for the slimed shots right away to light up the super jackpots. Also, if you can setup playfield multipliers x6 before going into Multi ball, you'll score huge! Also, if you start a scene and dont quite finish it, i believe it lets you pick up where you left off if you happen to start it again later in the game.

#13231 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Whats the latest thinking on how the negative reinforcement game works? someone said pick star or bacon but that doesn't seem reliable to me, is it just random?

i dont think there are any patterns. the game has already decided if it wants to let you get big points or not when the mode starts. When i can get a string going i usually drop out at 32 million. Ive had it up to 89 million (it didnt actually double after 64 million), and then i guess the game figured i was being greedy and I lost it.

#13280 7 years ago

i've had my pro since April 25, i ordered it around March 15. I talked to someone in the US who also ordered the pro around the same time as me and they are expecting it to be maybe July before they get it now.

#13298 7 years ago

I am going to post a video shortly of the new code in action. Had a nutty game. Got Storage Facility going and just as that was ending, my midnight madness went off, and then i got mass hysteria. Extra ball thing was going nuts , through hitting some replay awards and getting extra ball lit a couple times in all the craziness. went from under 100 Million to over 700 million in a couple minutes.

The right orbit starts River Award and grows for each right orbit before the timer runs out, pop the ball in the right saucer to cash it in. There is a short train animation and sound effect when you cash in the River Award. Storage Facility Multi ball is easier to get going now, as I can just smack at ghost shots and light the left ramp shot at 10, 30, and 50 ghosts. Flippers are turned off now during Negative Reinforcement on ESP Ability, Callouts from Ernie on Jackpots are kinda ok. They changed the count down alarm to a different sound.

#13300 7 years ago

Here's a game from earlier tonight with the 1.05 code. Things get a little crazy at ball 3 once Storage Facilty kicks off.

#13305 7 years ago
Quoted from DerRoland:

Thanks for the video.
One thing is strange: at 5:00 MidnightMadness mode the before lighted extraball goes off, but every ball who hit the scoop give a call "extra ball", 4 times at all!
Overall the amount of extraballs in this gameplay is funny (6 when I count right).

No bug there with the extra balls. I set replay award to be extra ball instead of credit and at 100 million increments just for the purpose of this video, so I could drag the game out a little longer incase we got to see more stuff for 1.05. I didn't really expect what happened. The crazy part is how quickly your score can jump 100 million points during a multi ball mode like mass hysteria or midnight madness.

#13309 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

What was with the sound that was getting locked on? Maybe it was just the audio capture though.

Not sure which sound you mean? But they changed the timer sound from what it was before for a few things, so maybe that's it?

#13326 7 years ago

I think a ghost trap topper that projects light or an image of a ghost getting trapped on the ceiling would be cool. Maybe it opens/lights up during a jackpot mode or something. Saw this cool topper for a Batman Dark Knight at the YEGPIN Expo a few weeks bat that had the bat signal projected on the ceiling, same idea.

#13444 7 years ago

i've put up 1+ billion in just under 15 minutes. the biggest climb in score came during mass hysteria multi ball with my score going from 100 million to 700 million within a minute or so. if you are good at multi ball, this is where you'll really rack up the points. Also, really pay attention to the top lanes and maximizing those bonus multipliers. I find the pop bumpers award bonuses multipliers more often now with the new code updates (1.05), where I've often had 15x multiplers

#13689 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Why would Canadian shipped pins have the tourney button automatically?

Is the tournament button not usually Standard? Mine had it.

#13699 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I'm not sure why they add the tournament button, but my speculation would be that it is due to some law there....probably allowing it to pass as a non-gambling device. Stern isn't installing it out of the goodness of their hearts.....it probably has to be there to get into the country.

I am actually making use of that feature at home. My wife and I have a weekly tournament. Whoever puts up the better score at the end of the week gets out of bedtime duty for our kids. She's been whooping me this week!

#13704 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Ok stupid question what exactly does the button do and how much?

You can setup a tournament that the machine manages. You can set start and end date for the entries, you can set how much of the money coming in from coin drop on tournament play games is offered as a prize (the prize amount is shown during attract mode and grows as more tournament entries happen), if you get a high score, you can put your name in and protect your entry with a pin number, which i suspect you use later on to claim your prize, since a tournament can happen over time. I believe you can set a different price for tournament games, vs regular game. I haven't fully explored all the tournament settings.

1 week later
#14494 7 years ago

If you use Pinball browser to change music, I understand that the new track you import in needs to be the same duration as the one you're replacing? If its not, it will still cut it off and loop with the duration of the original? I have not mucked with this, but wondering if anybody else has done it?

#14530 7 years ago

I haven't made any major changes to my game, other than lowering the outlane posts and put up 1.2 billion on a regular game the other night. 3 ball and earned 2 extra balls. got most of my score from Loopin Supers, and racked up a quarter billion+ on just a bonus by getting the multiplier up to 15 or so. But I also have a lot of shitty games were I struggle to get over 50 million sometimes. If I'm not in the zone or in a bad mood, I just shouldn't play this game because you've really gotta be on your toes to not drain.

2 weeks later
#15287 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there are a pro video? Don't want to search 80 pages

Pro review and gameplay video here

3 weeks later
#15863 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My inserts look perfect! I definitely am happy with the quality out of the box, first NIB where I only needed to make a software tweak (left scoop) and a slight switch adjustment to register better on the right ramp. Very happy about that.

On my Pro I have one slightly ghosted insert, the green Storage Facility in front of the left ramp. it started about 2-3 weeks after i had gotten it (got it April 25). Went back to my original pictures of the playfield from day one and didnt see it there, so it suddenly developed at some point in the first few weeks. it did not progress any further since then, and is only slightly visible on the black outer edges of the insert. no new ghosting on anything since then.

1 week later
#16374 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Does anybody else have two different lollipop rails? GBLE#311

Now you just need to track down the guy who has a set of rails like yours and work out a trade deal

1 week later
#16651 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Score's not the reason for complaints. "Mode flow" is. You can get billions and only see "Who Brought the Dog". Which modes did you get through?

exactly, some of my best games i didnt focus on scenes at all. 1.4 billion and i dont think i did any scenes, maybe one. the rest was just capturing ghosts, working on super jackpots, PKE frenzy, playfield multipliers during multi ball, or stacking those with loopin supers or whatever. lots of points to be had without ever touching the scenes.

#16655 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not clear on how this mode works.

i'm still getting my head around it, but collect 80 ghosts to start it. left orbits seem to score a lot of points with the spinner, as well as hitting a nice right ramp shot where it flows across all three switches. I need to experiment a little more with that mode.

1 month later
#17280 7 years ago

- Added TIME OUT MODES Adjustment; When a mode times out it will not require
the player to restart it. It will not relight modes.

Does this mean if I don't finish Gozer the Gozerian in time, it'll just let me move on to Staypuft Marshmallow man the next time I get to start a scene ?

#17363 7 years ago

Has anyone noticed if catching ghosts in the video mode counts towards your ghosts captured in the main part of the game? I played a bunch last night, but the thought just crossed my mind now... that'd be a nice little touch if so.

#17379 7 years ago

I have not witnessed this scare feature yet. Is it totally random, or do you need to do something to set it up to happen?

1 month later
#17556 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

0h09'00" : left flipper power off bug
thats exactly what happend 1 or 2 times at my machine also !!

mine too. played probably a dozen games before we saw the behavior. I had heard about this bug in another thread, and had held off on updating for about a week or so before I took the plunge. lots of other folks said they have had no problems with the flipper in 1.11... but i think if you play it enough you'll eventually have the issue. Since its code related, theres probably a certain combination of things that have to happen first for the flipper to drop out, hence it not happening to everybody right away.

#17566 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Anyone posting about a 1.11 bug -- Please list Pro or Premium/LE. The codes are different and it seems as if Premium is not having the bug while pro is, but its unclear since most people do not specify Pro or prem/le.

Mine is the Pro model

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshodbrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=joshodbrown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.