IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsgames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7007 8 years ago

Ordering a Premium today! Will be my first NIB pin, and first Stern. I can't wait!

#8072 8 years ago

i just ordered a cool keychain for mine when it comes in! $3 shipped from China. SHOULD beat the Premium release.

s-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(1)_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(1)_(resized).jpg

ebay.com link: New Extreme Ghostbusters Design Metal Keychain Keyring

#8310 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Star Castle and what's the other one.

Missile Command

1 month later
#11694 7 years ago

GB2 is like the last two Batman movies (Batman Forever and Batman & Robin). Dropped Burton and made "Happy Meal" friendly.

#11701 7 years ago

I actually like GB2. It ties in well. A little over the top, but how many 80s movies weren't over the top?

#11743 7 years ago

Need to see some actual animation in that feature to tell if it really is cool or not. The sneak peek made it blend in too much with the rest of the artwork.

#12153 7 years ago

My take on this. I just downgraded my order to a Pro from a Premium. Been looking forward to this for a long time but I have to agree with the cost/benefit take here.

Quoted from jmpinball:

Things that make me prefer the pro over the premium as an average/below-average player but lover of pinball:
1. Cost (duh)

Of Course this is HUGE. $1,700 can buy a lot of upgrades for a Pro

Quoted from jmpinball:

2. Magna-Slings - Looked like they were weak/dead most of the time. (another expensive broken part in my opinion)

This was my biggest disappointment from the video. Sure it makes it easier but all the dead bounces really turned me off to these. I like the action of the Pro. I loved the "unique" stuff the magnaslings did, but not for the price difference. Had Stern kept the traditional slings in for normal mode, then used magnets to do the effects, it would have been a home run!

Quoted from jmpinball:

3. Ecto-Goggles - Animations don't look/feel right. The gameplay video and Stern's facebook video doesn't really sell this feature well.

I liked it but overall was underwhelmed. Would have been cool had it been larger and a little more blended in somehow. Too bad it couldn't have projected on the main glass!

Quoted from jmpinball:

4. Slimer - Not sure I'm a fan of the moving target. Video made it appear it was essentially flying across the board at breakneck speeds. Makes me wonder on the longevity of the motor.

I like the up/down look more than the horizontal, but I like having more shots on the premium. Overall a wash for me.

Quoted from jmpinball:

5. Right ramp - If the better players in the video can't hit that shot, I'm sure I'd see it even less in play. If I can never or almost never hit the shot, is it worth paying for?

This is probably the biggest draw for me in the Premium. I hate the way the right ramp pushes the ball halfway up on the Pro, but the Premium ramp is kinda boring.

Quoted from jmpinball:

Positives of the premium:
1. Upgraded flair - The 3d library and containment unit look awesome.
2. Under table ramp/sewer shots - They look and appear to play great.
My brain/marketing wants me to think I may be missing out by getting a pro over a premium, but after playing the pro in person, I'm just not sure if I can justify the difference.

Agreed.

Overall I liked the Premium but not $1,700 liked.

#12561 7 years ago
Quoted from Ulfast:

I saw theses mod's on eBay, Proton Pack LED it's freakin awesome o_o, there's no one for sell a topper in plexi PMMA ?

Those are REALLY expensive!

#12629 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

That would be so weird if on the pro the Mac is to only go up and down and on the premium only right and left. Doesn't make much sense to me, but anything's possible....

From what I understand, that is what it does.

#12746 7 years ago

I finally sat down to watch the GB movies this past week. I forgot how much I loved GB (1), but I really didn't like GB2. I remember I used to love GB2, but it was just a little too campy for my tastes now.

#12765 7 years ago

When I meant "campy", maybe I meant cheesy. For example, this scene:

#12830 7 years ago

I've seen a few of these with toppers that are being lit up. Is there a kit for that, or does the backbox already have the lights on top?

#12851 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

New trailer is out. It's even worse than the first one.
Man, does the FX look like PS2 era graphics.
» YouTube video

That does look horrible. Ugh.

#12862 7 years ago

So how soon before we have the discussion of GB2 being better than GB2016?

I wish Stern would get some pins shipped so we can talk about the game again!!!!

#12937 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Actually I have more problems with the second movie, lol. The "upgraded" Ecto-1 looks like crap compared to the original version. Well, one last complaint, I mean it. What is up with the suit change from grey to black in GB2 and why do the newer suits have Ghostbusters ghost making the "2" sign?

One answer rules them all..."merchandising"

#12958 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Stop with the negative exchanges please all lets get this thread on track.

Was this thread ever really on track?

#13009 7 years ago

OK so where does a guy start if he wanted to get pieces to chrome for a similar build? Do I take the originals off and have them chromed, or do I buy new ones? I can find a chrome shop locally, but what do you guys recommend?

That was an amazing cabinet! Great job, and great video!

#13017 7 years ago

So where did you get the nice Ecto-1 plate on your coin door?

#13026 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Okay this is it, here the custom instruction card in English. They are not perfect ^^
https://1fichier.com/?9ya0ezihem

Thanks for sharing these! They look fantastic. I only found one typo in the instruction card: "We're Ready To Beleve You" should be "We're Ready to Believe You"

#13049 7 years ago

I saw some Pros on the line in the video too! Sweet!

#13157 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Rotor Dave said ' pinball machines are made for location use and not for rich dudes ' what an incorrect statement are we in 1990 again ? ?

This isn't necessarily wrong. I think that Gary still focuses more on operators than collectors. Those are his people and who he cares about pleasing. He knows them and has a history with them. Collectors treat him like a rock star, so he tells them what they want. I haven't been around pinball long, and don't know him personally, but what little I've heard him say and what I've seen how his company acts publicly reinforces this impression I have of him.

1 week later
#13578 7 years ago

#13856 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

And if you can't afford to go from pro to premium maybe the 5k is better spent on something more important than a giant toy(credit card debt, kids college fund, etc) Its funny cause some people that complain about the pro are the guys in a bar dumping money in it with out knowing the basic rules of the game. Wonder why they get upset.

OK is it douchebag day on Pinside? This is totally uncalled for.

#13872 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

so sensitive...again. i know i know

No, not sensitive. Just obvious you're a douche.

#14038 7 years ago

I'd buy that topper for $400. I think it looks good. $500 is just too much for what you're getting. For $500 it would be cool to have the marquee from the GB2 Ecto as part of it. "We're Back..."

#14062 7 years ago

I'd like to see video of it during the gameplay to see when it lights, and how responsive it is. They should have it rigged to light every time you hear the siren in the game. That would really make it immersive.

#14072 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It was like 90% KISS. Who is waiting on KISS? I mean, really?
PUT MY PRIORITIES FIRST, STERN.

I'm sure that's for all of Gary's Ops

#14150 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I missed something? I thought the LEs have a coating over the signature....
Love that the LE is actually glass! The artwork, because of the white screening, takes the existing lighting and disburses it more evenly.
There should be a way to help Pros and Premiums light better, without much effort.
Certainly Back box lighting kits, or add ons, be it Home owner strips, or Products we and others have,
But I think if one has the material, an extra layer of maybe Silicone Baking Paper, Wax paper, something added might help these gain a better "glow" and even spread of the lighting....
Just sharing an opinion and seed, that someone might play a bit with there pro, and see if there is any help
from this method....even just a large white sheet of paper?
Thoughts?

Not sure if that would help out the "washed out" look that translites have compared to backglasses.

#14173 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

GB Pro translight. Mine looks crisp!

That looks great!

#14603 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I ordered my GB Pro a few days ago. I called my distro yesterday and mentioned the insert ghosting issue. Was told that they spoke to Stern about it and was assured that Stern would be making an announcement in the very near future regarding the issue and their plans to correct it. They also assured me that if I had ghosting issues they would personally deal with Stern and make it right.
I have a Met Pro and while it's very minor, I have some decal lifting on the head. They told me to take a pic along with my serial # and they would get new decals from Stern. While I have never dealt with an issue with Stern, they claim that Stern has always resolved every issue they have brought to them and this would be no different.
While I know some people have suggested calling them directly, your distro might have a little more pull to get things done. I know others in this thread have little faith Stern will do anything about it. I guess I am putting faith that my distro will work for me. We'll see. Hopefully the issue is resolved when production resumes and I don't have to put it to the test.

Who is your distributor?

#14704 7 years ago

I think there'd be less whining about the modes and difficulty if Stern would just start shipping these again. Then we can play them and start getting better at them. I'm tired of waiting!

1 week later
#14971 7 years ago

I'd love to see a list of distributors, when they say the games are coming, and when they come. This is my first buy and I picked a recommended distributor that has done a decent job with communication so far. Hoping that we can start hearing shipments actually going out again. Seems the only news from Stern is availability of toppers shipping from the factory.

#15044 7 years ago

Well this means my "July" Pro is going to be pushed back even longer. I bet I won't see it until September. I paid for it in May because it was "about to ship." This sucks.

#15047 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

Sadly you are right. They arent even done with LE's, and they started 1.5 months ago building those. That means they wont finish Premiums until possibly end of August. I would guess October for your Pro... I would probably get a refund if I were you and just buy it when they are eventually in stock with another dealer, they are just sitting on your cash now, and if something happens with their biz and they cant cough up the cash to Stern when they ask for the payment for your pin, you are out of luck.

I'm thinking about it. I bought through Trent and I know he's a safe distributor. If I had the money I might end up blowing it on another machine!

#15061 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That seems overly pessimistic. If Stern is doing an average of 55 machines a day as they say, that's 1100 a month (assuming no Saturdays added to catch up). I would think, even with the shutdown for quality or whatever that stopped things for 7-10 days, they're back on LE's again, which should be done by next week, then all July and part of Aug for Premiums, then back to Pros in mid Aug, maybe earlier. This is assuming no more unexplained line stops for a week or more...

Has Stern actually begun shipping again? I was under the impression that shipments have virtually stopped completely, at least with GB.

4 weeks later
#15787 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Why would you need this the new sterns have the dmd tilted up so there is no glare anymore.

I see a ton of glare from my backbox, not the DMD.

2 weeks later
#16407 7 years ago

i want one of those plastics too! Would be cheaper for all if you made several, then sold them. Buying a larger sheet of lexan to do it would be pricey. Unless they sell smaller sheets at the home improvement stores.

#16578 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

for those talking about music, another reminder as i think my previous post about this was not really seen...
well than, as my other hobby is djjing, i've made this small mix, for free use & fun only, enjoy (or not)

This is fantastic! Would be great at the end of the game!

#16603 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But Trudeau finally gets a great theme, probably best since Creech, nails it...

He ALMOST nails it. Not to start the whole "flipper gap" discussion again, but if this was a normal flipper gap this pin would have been the best ever. The gap brings it down to a very good pin but could be better.

#16614 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

The nice thing is you could put carrot flippers in and have your 'normal gap'. For those of us that appreciate his design as is, we leave it alone. Refreshing to see something different. And after playing a bunch, the gap makes no difference in enjoyment.
Game is killing it on route as well.

Where do you find carrot flippers?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsgames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=jeffsgames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.