IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1604 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't think the lack of LCD are going to make people not buy a title, it just makes Stern look dated. they should at least start offering the option to have a color DMD from the factory for an extra $200, then they can have full color from release (red dots will simply get shades based on the colors).

Above all else now it's 2016 an LCD is more about principle than anything else, sterns putting their prices up to match a similar price point with their competition yet their designs features and tech is not, profit is all well and good but sometimes its nice to be best on the block along with a nice profit margin!

#1605 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't think the lack of LCD are going to make people not buy a title, it just makes Stern look dated. they should at least start offering the option to have a color DMD from the factory for an extra $200, then they can have full color from release (red dots will simply get shades based on the colors).

Above all else now it's 2016 an LCD is more about principle than anything else, sterns putting their prices up to match a similar price point with their competition yet their designs features and tech is not, profit is all well and good but sometimes its nice to be best on the block along with a nice profit margin!

#1779 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

where the 'ghost' is a 'floating' ball...Would be a great ball lock

Quoted because that idea my friend is simply genius!!

1 month later
#4958 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ernie Hudson is doing the custom speech.

Figures he's probably the cheapest to hire, but custom speech is custom speech aslong as its not the hillbilly on meth from TWD

1 week later
#6001 8 years ago

Such a simple idea but possibly one of the best examples of stern putting thought into something and one of the nicest attentions to detail:

• When you hit Slimer he “slimes” the playfield, turning a bunch of the led lamps green. In this mode you have to shoot targets to clean up the slime.

#6006 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I can't believe how awesome Ghostbusters looks. And the Hobbit is what, 2 grand more than a GB Prem? JJP might as well just close shit up.

Only about £300 more for a hobbit here in the UK good old UK import fees and tax

#6670 8 years ago

I've seen it asked but no answered maybe I've missed any direct replies but does anyone know what the original idea behind the proton streams was? That seems to be the only thing missing but I'm sure the audio dmd will add proton references at least I hope so. Although I'm sure modders will bring proton streams to the game somehow

#7768 8 years ago

I would be happy to pay for the proton beams especially if they came as a plug in and play motorised mech. Although a nice asthetic light show would sell it to me aswell, but ideally I'd love to see a motorised mod that functions with a mode, playfield could go completely dark all GI out, proton packs light up with the dialogue intro from the hotel with dots:

Stantz: You know, it just occurred to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment.
Spengler: I blame myself.
Venkman: So do I.
Stantz: Well, no sense in worrying about it now.
Venkman: Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.
Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Venkman: What?
Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Venkman: Why?
Spengler: It would be bad.
Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Stantz: Total protonic reversal!
Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

Proton streams light up and mode starts! Have to make specific shots and combos to avoid crossing streams, too many incorrect shots could either cause reverse flippers or a complete blackout for a couple seconds. Successful shots/combos progress the mode and streams relighting GI and a fancy light show to complete mode. Make it so stern and take my money!

#7771 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

ok so...We've now all seen the game being played and have hi rez pics of the PF....
10X innovation?

For stern I'd say "yes", nobody can say they haven't at least tried new things with GB whether there just a twist on a classic pinball toy - slimmer is possibly the best bash toy I've ever seen or something completely new - like the magna slings & the echo goggles there definitely "innovating" within there own games oh then there is the "stern firsts" a sub ramp into subway, as long as stern stay on this path we will all benefit and there could be some genuinely cool things from stern in the future if GB is just the start.

#7880 8 years ago

Has anyone else wondered if they made that ramp intentionally bad to maybe secure more premium orders? Seems to be a common opinion that the pro would be a hit and a buy if only that ramp was different/didn't exist. I myself am going for a premium, however at first I was going to go pro until I saw the ramp being shot and like a lot of people it put me off the pro which other than that ramp looks great!

#7884 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don't think so. Trudeau said in a podcast that George Gomez suggested it since the subway shot could be duplicated on the pro for the $.

My plan was to listen to the podcast tonight, but that's as good a reason as any. Thank you for the insight didn't realise GG had been involved on that as well as JT.

#7996 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did anyone ask Gary about the Leak? Ghostbusters Ii Slimer Wall Decoration Ghost Movie Decor 2 Hanging Sign New

ebay.com link: itm

Holy cow, that thing looks like a cross between slimer and uncle fester on crack

#8067 8 years ago

The slimer mech is pretty hideous, my plan is to wrap it in a mixture of yellow/orange/blue/purple and make it look like a Proton Stream is holding Slimer and throwing him about the playfield as he struggles being captured. If a modder wants to use the idea and make a Plug in and play feel just send me one pretty please

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8482 8 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Does anyone else think there is way too much of the bright white 5K type of lighting? It does not look like many color changing inserts or anywhere else.

I believe when you hit Slimer inserts will go green as if he's slimed the playfield which is a really nice touch in my opinion. Other than that and I would guess the inserts also turning a traditional red for lit shots I think that's maybe it, there is no crazy RGB lighting like on previous releases, but I'll take the "slimed" colour changing inserts for GB it's a perfect change.

1 month later
#12689 7 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

ghost busters is not boring but it is not great right now, I'm sure it will get better but right now its just an ok pin. Some will love it more than others but I guess thats like all pins, right?

The Enterprise must be running pretty low on replicated cool-aid by now

#12693 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what slimer multiball should be is. You have jackpots setup, but everytime you hit slimer she shits out slime. which covers the jackpots. So you cannot collect that jackpot until you hit that shot to take the slime away. So you need to hit that shot twice to collect. Everytime you hit slimer, he covers another jackpot.

Awesome idea sounds perfect to me and a little different to the standard hit red arrows once to collect jackpot, plus since we don't have RGB GI it would make sense to use the colour changing "slime" insets as much as possible in as many ways as you can.

#12744 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Sorry, LE/Premium Slimer is superior, in cost, complexity, and effect.

Has Trudeau been pretending to be Kirk all this time or is Kirk pretending to be Trudeau

#12820 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

For those who don't know, Stern has redesigned the Slimer mech and will be on all newly built machines off the line, as reflected in their newly published manual on their website.

If true that's good to know, at least they are not just sweeping this issue under the rug like the GOT orbit issue which is still shocking in my opinion that they think that's an acceptable solution. Hopefully Stern send out new slimmer mechs to everyone who has already received there pins so far!

But it's still not good enough, the prices continue to rise but for some reason so do the number of production problems, for what Stern are charging at present the amount of issues each new release seems to leave the factory with doesn't seem acceptable and screams laziness on Sterns part, is any play testing happening during the design phase these days? Or during production? Doesn't seem like it if one of the main mechs requires redesigning once they have already gone into production

#12916 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Shouldn't you go to your distro asking for the part

Honestly it shouldn't matter, Stern have resigned one of GB main/central mechs and from what a couple of people have said above won't be sending the new mech out to current PRO owners, unless there's is broken with pictures, well imo if they have redesigned the mech its because it's good as broken, I find it disgusting how stern keep treating loyal customers.

Shouldn't have to go through distro's Stern should be doing the stand up thing and sending them out to people without them having to ask anyone.

#12960 7 years ago

Has anyone who is in on an LE heard of any solid shipping dates yet? Last I saw in here was the pro is being delayed probably due to the slimer mech re design but has anyone heard when LE or more importantly premiums maybe hiring the streets now? Dying to try out these magna slings for myself in person before pulling the trigger on a premium

#13099 7 years ago

It's nice to see some added extras to code midnight madness is a nice little touch, extra modes/Easter eggs hidden within the code go along way to making a games code feel special and unique, hopefully stern/programmers keep this moving forward but make them unique so not every game as a midnight madness some special little hidden mode game specific in the code though would rock!

#13162 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think GB is a machine that Gary focused on collectors primarily to capitalize on that license. Just my opinion though.

Probably right on that one, Ghostbusters was a huge hit and has remained popular since its release, i doubt there are many players out there that didnt grow up with Ghostbusters, so it has a HUGE nostalgic place for a lot of pinheads I'm sure.

I'm a younger player and I enjoyed Ghostbusters about 10/11 years after its initial release and I remember being entertained and having all the toys as a kid, it's a everlasting licence from generation to generation.

(Edited content)

#13206 7 years ago

I've offered to order these in bulk and ship them to people stateside but as of yet all those that said they where interested haven't replied in the issues thread so I have no idea how many could possibly be wanted

#13240 7 years ago

Bigger flipper gap? Pffft

This will show Mr.Trudeau

#13318 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Not a fan of that dripping slime mod. Looks like The Hulk was playing the machine and Bustin' made him feel *too* good

I agree man, when I heard GB was coming I thought it would have some awesome mods maybe even more modding potential than TRON but so far most of the mods for GB have been pretty lackluster, hopefully those proton stream mods will show up and change that.

#13325 7 years ago

I just don't get the light bar, yeah ecto-1 is on the cabinet of the pro and premium (Stern seems to have limited themselves as this topper is even more miss matched with the slimer centric LE art) but it just feels out of place to me. A ghost trap maybe 2 or the stay puft marshmallow mans upper body with tracking eyes would have been awesome and felt more fitting IMO.

#13327 7 years ago

Yeah that sounds cool love the sound of that! An idea I had that I thought would be cool (inspired a little by the skulls/spines from Predator) was to have two ghost traps hanging off the side of GB backbox and have them light up, open/close and possibly even emit some smoke to simulate ghost being trapped

#13455 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

823,402,830 is the best we have done here!! Nice job!!

Cool little trap mod I see, where did you get that from looks awesome!

#13576 7 years ago

Let's just all remember Ghostbusters Pinball. No one say anything bad about Ghostbusters II

#13688 7 years ago

Which wouldn't be enough of a reason.

I don't know about that, if Stern can save a $1 on a machine they will so that extra .36 cents probably made it a must do

#13706 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes there is, Pinball Center in Germany sells the Slimer laser cut ones, 89 euros + shipping. Not cheap but the only other ones out there.

They are pretty cool Paul, would look awesome with some Slime/Neon green EL back lighting, would look good on any model of GB I reckon, I might get a pair and back light them on a premium see how they look

#13708 7 years ago

I know it won't be me as I've got too many projects building up a back log as it is but I look forward to seeing it when it's done. Definitely need to be lighted green yet keep his tongue a nice bright red at the same time would look awesome.

#13728 7 years ago

As annoying/inconvenient as the power switch being relocated to the backbox is, at least there are a variety of work arounds/options to add back the convenience lost through the use of power bars, control switches etc like a few pinsiders have demonstrated and linked in this thread I can deal with it.

Plus if the cost savings from all these little changes means we get more $$ put into the playfield & GB certainly looks and feels to have more $$ in/on the playfield than a lot of the more recent/past Sterns then I'll keep my torches and pitch forks away........ For now at least.

1 week later
#14482 7 years ago

A hidden/secret Vigo mode would be pretty cool, I know people have mentioned there is a midnight madness mode in GB maybe that could be Vigo themed?

#14484 7 years ago

Yeah that was my thinking sorry Kirk my initial post wasnt clear.

I ment it would be cool if instead of the current (generic) midnight madness mode, that having it themed around Vigo would be pretty cool especially as you point out the timing in the movie is coincidental don't you think? Maybe this is Dwights plan when he polishes the code? One can hope.

#14486 7 years ago

Well there's the solution for Vigo, little kids who would be scared of Vigo shouldn't be up at midnight anyway, problem solved

I have a pretty cool idea for a Vigo mod but only if he was in the code somewhere would it make sense for it. And yeah it was always clear GBI was going to be the main focus but there's already a couple of elements taken from GBII in the game so why not Vigo @ midnight when only big kids are up playing pinball

#14490 7 years ago

I've thought about getting one of those micro LCD screens in a vertical, portrait shape, then running clips (cropped) of Vigo's spirit talking in the portrait, and running them on a loop.

Bingo! That was exactly my thinking, plus I'm sure there is someone smart enough here to program it to be a little more interactive, would be nice to have a mode to tie it too and midnight madness seems to obvious choice so the mode can be themed.

#14491 7 years ago

You can change the dots with Pinball Browser, so we could remove "Midnight Madness" with "Rally the city" or "Get to the museum by Midnight".

Maybe Dwight needs to theme the mode around Vigo and set it to activate at 23:55, if you survive for the 5minutes up to midnight it goes from 2 ball to 4 balls (ball for each stream/slime cannon) get some nice DMD animations in there from the Vigo scene and you beat the mode and it just goes into victory laps till you drain (basically going into midnight madness mb)

#14754 7 years ago

Awesome idea Rare, Avatar really does seem to talk to the player from beginning to end really adds to the immersion, still think it's one of Sterns best sound packages.

5 months later
#17559 7 years ago

If the streams got released I would most probably pull the trigger on a premium I couldn't resist having my shots link up to physical streams on the playfield, it would go from a must buy down the line to a must buy now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.