IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 8 years ago

Please no custom call outs, I'm not against it but stick to lines from the film, I'm still not over the Karl Urban ST incident of 2013, it will be with me always, and if this happens that song "who you gonna call" while I did enjoy it when I was 10 years old will cause possible irrevesible damage playing constantly in the background, otherwise could be a great pin, definetly needs hand drawn artwork depicting all the imagery from those films, river of slime, Gozer and so on.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

There's nothing wrong with Urban's callouts. Most of them are just fine.

Its very hard for me to disagree with Captain Kirk but I have to in this case, they suck.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hard to know what's needed when you're in that little booth.

Custom callouts weren't needed for ST, it is loaded with movie quotes and nothing more was required, that was done in a very sad attempt to get buyers for the pin. Its rare anyway that callouts are done well, LOTR's is an exception for sure but Met, TWD and most others are just plain sad.

#116 8 years ago

I would rather have a Conehead's pinball, I like GB's 1 and 2 but my favorite parts seem to be all about this guy.

46.jpg46.jpg

ghostbust-209c1.gifghostbust-209c1.gif

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

3 months later
#1072 8 years ago

I just noticed while watching GB's that theres a Stargazer in the very small game area right before they get the first call and slide down the pole, great film.

#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Saw a picture of the whitewood last night.

What Whitewood, Ghostbusters?

1 week later
#1644 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm with ya Beez. I had a lotr LE and sold it. Couldn't take anymore 45 minute ball times.
Great game though.

Same thing happened to me, great game but it was a combo of long ball times, POTDead and that main theme which I can't stand, I've only played GOT pro but would rather have that over LOTR's. Great pin but done for me, very few pins last forever.

#1648 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

All you gotta do is wax and crank the incline up.

My games are set to the highest possible pitch, love speed. Listen I love LOTR's its just for me any game gets repetitive in time but those with long ball times leave the fastest epecially after I've completed Wizard Mode, STLE was the same thing. Theme tends to keep a game in my collection longer than gameplay and even then, I have room for about 12 to 15 pins and they all change every year, by this time 2017 my current collection will most likely be completely different. I don't think I can sell FH or Stargazer, Elektra and Centaur but who knows.

#1655 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do you feel the same with other deep rules and longer ball time games such as SM and TSPP? Repetitive? I want a SM and just curious if it has more staying/lastability than the others.

Buy a SM and play the shit out of it, the game is amazing but its lastibilty is on par with LOTR's and TSPP, STLE etc.

#1671 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's been brought up before that higher pitch actually makes games EASIER because the ball doesn't bounce into the outlanes the same way and you drain less. So you might have been unknowingly made your games easier by setting the pitch so high.
Just something to think about the next time you do it, perhaps open the outlanes up to compensate and keep it sporting.

Could be, but I like speed and if that makes it easier then thats alright with me, if it does I think its very minor and the difference in straight down the middle's due to speed balance it out. I play my Stargazer every day, a few times a day as even a real good game only lasts 10 to 15 min tops but STLE, I knew I was in for the long haul, I loved it but how many times can you play through the same modes all to acheive the same goal, keep in mind thats me to each his own, I play a lot of Dr.Dude and love it, never get bored of those shots so I'm a strong believer that theme plays a major role in longevity with pinball, hell I've had the multiball in FH countless times but never get bored of it, As always the ultimate scenario is to have enough room to facilitate massive amounts of pins and that by the time the latest and greatest in the collection is starting to waiver you can start over again and rediscover that intital joy. I do that now by re buying games, I just picked my second JM, JD and TS and love them, but for how long???

#1674 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Different strokes for different folks. I like all kinda of games as long as they accomplish something immersive and fun - long, short- I don't care. A few years ago - many hobbyists were complaining that Stern's new games weren't as deep as LOTR and TSPP - that's one of the reasons IM didn't sell well initially. "Shallow!!! Cheap!!!" is what the hobbyists screamed. Then something happened...people realized IM was FUN. Tron was FUN. Short ball time ass-kickers are fun! Depth be damned....then we saw a vocal depth backlash from some! Oh well, I like that there are a mix of game styles so everyone can find something they like.

Yep, I need both so I'm glad we have fast and nasty and slow and deep. Wait that doesn't too good. No I'm sticking with that.

#1694 8 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That's what she said.

Exactly

1 month later
#3211 8 years ago

I would prefer Stern adopted the PF display over anything else, I don't really care about the display myself and while the large LCD in the bacbox is nice its not going to matter if the gameplay is shit, Stern pins are so fast for the most part who has time to really take in the display but on the PF it could really add to the experience.

#3220 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I actually look up at sterns dmd lots. I like seeing the dots,the points,the timer, etc when I make shots.

Yeah me too but like you said for the score or timer and wouldn't it be even better with the display on the PF? maybe not. I like the Heighway model best, gives me the option.

#3226 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Heighway doesn't really give an option, 100% of the time they ruin the playfield artwork with that big screen in the middle. Having to do any cohesive art with that big black box in the middle sucks. I did like JJP's Hobbit Book that told you modes and had a timer and such. Just was a bit hard to read at times. Personally, I think the DMD size screen is fine and it just needs nicer quality / colorization.

I agree for the most part but really like the PF lcd and need to see it with a better theme like Aliens not sure how you can judge it based on one pin, the animations thus far via FullT aren't doing anything for me, still its more of an innovation for me than a nicer display in the backbox, DMD size is fine , really like DP and Spooky models.

#3245 8 years ago

This might have been covered already but is it based strictly on the first film?

#3472 8 years ago

Ghostbusters 2 was great, come on.

ghostbusters-21_(resized).jpgghostbusters-21_(resized).jpg

#3479 8 years ago

I'll say it, my countries dollar value sucks when it comes to pinball, I erased the rest because of bitter, no sense of humour having D Heads. You guys must be fun at parties.

#3501 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Hey, as an American, I'm offended. Where's the mods when you need them?

Its a joke, <edited> you guys are lame.

#3550 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

She gives me a sour look and says - "I said liked. Like when I was a kid." and walks out of the room.

She has a point, I grew up with those films but would much rather Stern was making something cooler, Blade Runner or Predator, way better films and themes to be had from the 80's.

#3558 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I wanted to do a re-theme into Logan's run

Great theme for pinball.

#3895 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Guys are not going to flock to see a remake of a beloved movie with 4 unattractive woman portraying the roles....

3 unattractive women.

kristen_wiig_5066950_(resized).jpgkristen_wiig_5066950_(resized).jpg

o-KRISTEN-WIIG-570_(resized).jpgo-KRISTEN-WIIG-570_(resized).jpg

#3936 8 years ago

A thought from a great man.

#4030 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hologram technology

I think this is the future of pinball, imagine the posibilities?

#4066 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

The real innovation needs to happen on the playfield and the ruleset

Yes sir, I don't care about the display at all, some of my current favorite games are alpha numeric, I will say I like the Heighway style the best right now.

#4074 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Lol. You dont care for displays at all, but you like heighway style the best, and they have 2 displays.

What? Yeah I don't care but if I had to choose from the current line up my preference is Heighway, I like the PF display as its at least somthing different and somewhat more interactive with gameplay, make sense now?

#4384 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Yeah cuz the original cast are such sexy beasts. That Dan Akroyd, what a stud.

what? I don't know what ur saying, one guy said 4 unattractive women and for me I find Kristen Wiig attractive so I corrected him and said 3, not sure what the reference to the original men not being hunks has to do with it, r u a women?

#4410 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

So your saying all future pinball releases should be based on this model? I mean what is your point?

I think hes saying that display isn't that important, I agree as its the last thing that would keep me coming back to play a pin. I'm not saying I don't want LCD or like DMD's etc. just that its no big deal for some of us. I'm not buying WOZ or TH because there not my style so how is that beautiful display helping with the overall appeal, its not is the answer, I would rather play Stargazer to be honest.

1 week later
#4839 8 years ago

Please stick to movie call outs and leave the custom crap out of it, it will most likely be terrible and ruin it, more than enough material to work with. JMO

#5247 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not sure what's the problem, some people don't think other people should spend $8000 on a pin. Some people spent that much going to one football game.

Who cares what anyone else thinks of how you spend ur money, some guys buy cars worth 100K plus or put rims that cost as much as a car for their tires, vacations and lets not forget clothes, watches, jewlery etc. all of which means nothing to me, I like a nice car but I would never spend alot on it because its not important to me, you know what is, Aliens LE, if I wanted GB's then the LE/Pre for sure with no thought of cost, I would offer twice what a pin was worth if I had to have it with no thought of what the re sale value is, you know why? "Im F---ing stupid, I don't care about price."

hqdefault_(resized).jpghqdefault_(resized).jpg

#6070 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

That's because Zuul is inside her! Go watch the movie again. The look and character of Sigorney from the movie is spot on! Seriously...

That lucky bastard Zuul, "there is no Dana only Zuul'

#6738 8 years ago

#6739 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

man i wish i could get a premium, but up here a premium will cost around 9k

Please let me know where one can be had for 9K, from what I can see it will be more like 11k with taxes.

#6989 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm blown away that people in other countries are still able to afford these pins. If they're $12k for an LE (with taxes) that's a lot of coin to drop on a new pin.

Some guys make 1K a day some 5 and 10 when you take that into consideration and being a pinball fan I certainly wouldn't consider price all that much. I have many friends who could afford to buy NIB games every month but no interest yet a trip to Europe is an option or I know a guy who just spent over 10K on a new stove so we all have our price and priority. I would much rather have GB's LE and use a toaster oven for the next year.

#7031 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Im going to imagine what else I could do with $7K, versus buying a toy, as you suggested:
1) Purchase a weekends worth of cocaine
2) One weekend with a high end hooker

I wrote this same thing then decided not to post, you only made one mistake with 7K, non stepped on coke and one night with 2 high end ladies of the evening, I've done that and its a memory that will last a lifetime, so if my 2 choices are the above or a GB's Pre/LE then I'm a lucky fella.

#7135 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Topper! It lights up. Slits on the far gray left circle thing could be for a siren? Looks awesome

Wait a minute thats the real topper?

#7141 8 years ago

Looks to be in classic Stern fashion of speed and brutality. Looking forward to seeing the Pre/Le in action. I wish the track that plays during the skill shot was the main theme music. Stern should start allowing the option of the player to choose the main music that plays like Met and Kiss in every game, also make it easy for the owner to add there own tracks via USB. Game looks great.

#7542 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

GOT looks like a piece of shit.
GB looks like one of the best Sterns ever to come out since TSPP.

A pin thats looks amazing dosn't mean shit if the gameplay isn't there, I'll have to wait and see with GB's but GOT is awesome, fun fast and flow up the ying yang, AC/DC, Tron and so many others follow that model of nothing special to look at but man are they players, we all want every pin to be stunner and have the gameplay to match but if I have to choose I'm taking gameplay everytime. Its amazing to me that GB's is praised to no end based almost entirely on the PF art.

#7547 8 years ago

It's praised on more than that.

Thats why I said almost, point is with the exception of deadflip and gang no one has played it yet.

#7549 8 years ago

It's praised on more than that.

Thats why I said almost, point is with the exception of deadflip and gang no one has played it yet. I agree that it looks great and from what I've seen plays very nicely too, it just bugs me when people deem a game great or shit based on looks.

#7747 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This is shaping up to be a great year in pinball.
Gb
Hobbit
Tbl
Rob zombie
Did I mention I'm getting all these lol

That must be why you forgot the most exciting pin of them all, Aliens

1 week later
#8493 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just curious but does does it matter if it's steep or shallow?

Elwin seemed to be hitting it pretty good, one thing with Stern pins is I've never had an issue making shots.

#8600 8 years ago

The LE art with black armor would be great I really think its the green powder coat that puts people off, I do like the Pre the best out of the bunch but I can't see side art on my pins anyway.

#8611 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like people who like the premium version are more fans of eating marshmallows than the actual movie?

Oh I do much more than just eat my marshmallows Ice but thats for a different forum, I'll be honest I'm not a fan of the full armor which is strange I know but like the traditional style more, also prefer the car to the Slimer but hey thankfully we have the choice.

1 month later
#12151 7 years ago

I'm glad I waited to see the LE in action and will go with the pro, why it isn't mandatory for the LE/Pre version of Stern games to have RGB GI lighting and full spectrum inserts is really shit, I would rather have that over the ecto goggles but to each his own, the magna slings are cool and the Slimer is great, Met Pre/LE has the best GI lighting in a game I've ever seen how Stern can go backwards from that is amazing, when a pin changes to all red or green etc. it adds so much to the look and gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.