IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider golfingdad1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3045 8 years ago

Thought this would go well with GB

$_1_(resized).JPG$_1_(resized).JPG

#3527 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I wonder if Huey Lewis is excited about potentially more licensing money coming his way since Ray Parker Jr. took the baseline from "I Want a New Drug" for the Ghostbusters song. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_(song)
I like Huey Lewis and the News.
Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Quoted from T7:

I got to see them at a private concert (Microsoft partner conference) at Mile High stadium on the field - both audience and band. It was a lot of fun and they put on a great show.

Pinball people...

1 week later
#4028 8 years ago

Nothing to see here folks, move along .

images_(resized).jpgimages_(resized).jpg

#4212 8 years ago

What are you guys figuring the LE will cost ?

Ballpark???

1 week later
#4655 8 years ago

Time to drain

#4661 8 years ago

Wait maybe drain was to harsh ?

Take me back please captain !

I'm just dying to see this thing .

1 week later
#5057 8 years ago

My distributer confirmed all LEs aloted to them have been sold !

#5298 8 years ago

Are you sure you guys are mixing up premium and LE prices ?

#6184 8 years ago

Is anyone else a little concerned how these magnetic slings will work, or does anyone have experience with these from another game ?

#6200 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

FWIW, I had two LAHs. This title has three magnets under the playfield, between the slings. Game has a 6 ball multiball and the entire time, those magnets are pulsing. I've never seen any wear in this area. Ever. That puts my fears at ease about that. What concerns me more is how consistent they'll be in "flipping" the ball. Because SDTM drains from these will suck

So will the ball bounce like a sling or does it just randomly get thrown around?

3 weeks later
#9300 8 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

Played one of the production sample Ghost Busters pro at Ron's house. Trent stopped by for the night and loaded the game inside for us to play. It was here for 12-14 hours and left this morning for PAPA. We played it until 1 am this morning. I got up this morning played the game from 6am until about 8 when he had to load it.
Thanks Trent!

AND...!!!!!!!

#9506 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Truth.
You can't give even a hint of criticism to Captain_Kirk's beloved GB pin, no matter how accurate it is, without being the subject of his demeaning response. He is a fanboy for GB, just like he was for Star Trek. Both of those pins are 100% perfect in his world.

FYI Kirk has his Star Trek for sale , so kind of a bump.

1 week later
#10507 8 years ago

Call Melissa at cointaker
She has $5k GB all day

#10762 8 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I'll sell my GBLE for 10k, shoot me a PM!

Be careful what you wish for...

2 weeks later
#12387 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What are the various ways to light the scenes? So far I have noticed:
Pick one scene stack from skill shot
Completing Slimer
Completing an active scene
Are there more ways?

Maybe you should try another thread , the guys here just want to fight over which movie doesn't suck.

1 week later
#12749 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We made him move like in the movie.
» YouTube video

That looks much better, I swear I don't even notice him otherwise when playing.

#12874 7 years ago

.one of the largest ever in Pinside history.

At least you have that going for you

#13001 7 years ago

Unbelievable chrome GB pro, well done sir .

#13070 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Chrome Cab,custom sound tracks,i want it all,this is 21st century pinball!! BRING IT ON!!!

The chrome is bad ass , isn't it ?

#13238 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

i dont think there are any patterns. the game has already decided if it wants to let you get big points or not when the mode starts. When i can get a string going i usually drop out at 32 million. Ive had it up to 89 million (it didnt actually double after 64 million), and then i guess the game figured i was being greedy and I lost it.

On my second game playing I got negative reinforcement to 139 million and didn't know i could cash it in. Needless to say I lost it all.

#13340 7 years ago

How many of you guys, like me, are still on the fence deciding if you will follow through with your GB premium order after playing the pro ?
I have played the pro a fair amount 40 or 50 games and I have that, I'm not sure feeling still.
Anyone else ?

#13342 7 years ago

Exactly, I'm all over the map as well, I change my mind probably 3 times a day, and then start looking ahead at other titles.
The one thing i think that could really solidify it or not is the right ramp on the premium. I hope it changes the game , currently I can't stand the right ramp on the pro.

#13347 7 years ago

Oh ya , almost forgot about the magna slings, those are a big question mark as well. Need to get some game play opinions when the LEs hit the streets.

#13440 7 years ago

20160529_181539_(resized).jpg20160529_181539_(resized).jpg

I had a good day yesterday

#13448 7 years ago

I did reach, we came we saw , with 85 ghosts. Did not reach mass Hysteria, scored 10% score on ball three skill shot at approx 800 mill
Then received 200 + million on the ball 3 drain at the end of the game . Had storage facility mb running when, where came we saw started , I think ?? I had 4 balls going for quite awhile. It just exploded on my second ball with an extra ball. Ball 1 and 3 were not all that good.
This pin is on location here in town and part of the tucson pinball league. So no BS here , great fun . But in all honesty the right ramp had no part in this score , if it did it was minimal.

#13465 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

» YouTube video
looks nice in Slimer green

Where did you get that green screen or is it a filter , or both ? Looks cool can it be adjusted to dots instead of smooth ?

#13471 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

its a colordmd beta version

What does that mean ? Sorry

#13631 7 years ago

Ya chrome works for me .

621d8299208750213ff500a06f356be10a824fe4_(resized).jpg621d8299208750213ff500a06f356be10a824fe4_(resized).jpg
Not mine

#13867 7 years ago

Does anybody know if the lockdown bar will be the 2 latches or the old school lever on the Premiums ?

#13919 7 years ago

No if you look at the spec sheet all the lockdown bars are the same .

#13923 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Bummer. Sounds like stern opted for the less desirable lever mech on their higher end units!

Now I am confused , doesn't take much

#14182 7 years ago

Back to Ghostbusters. ..
Wasn't there supposed to be a live stream or video of the premium today ?

Or is the video of the young man it ?

#14189 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

https://www.twitch.tv/gexchange live now, wish i could see the ecto goggles more. Dont like the straight down view

Looks like I missed it . Anything to talk about , right ramp, magna slings ?

#14285 7 years ago

Those yellow carrot flippers look pretty damn good with the playfield art and colors.

But damn Stern , what It could have been.
I'm just baffled and change my mind every 3 hours. It's so hard to not love this game. I guess I should say I want to love this game . I have played the pro alot and was hoping the premium would play differently but it seems it's just as frustrating.
What to do, what to do ?

#14297 7 years ago

Can I just buy the playfield ?

#14345 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

where did you buy the longer flippers and what size rubbers fit on there ?

Marcos has them , and standard flipper rubber size, not sure about titan silicone or super bands but most likely ok.

#14401 7 years ago

I think we should start a new thread calling out stern on this clear coat problem. Where the hell is their PR fanboy Jared these days ???

This is absolute garbage, I hate to say it but it may be time for us to take a stand and cancel our orders, I don't want to but may have to until Stern actually addresses this with some kind of press release. Just when I was 100% on board.
GOD DAMN IT STERN !

#14455 7 years ago

I emailed my distributor directly this morning to flat out ask , where they stood on the current playfield issues and if they would make it right and fight for me/ us even if it meant a new playfield or even a new machine .
I hope it never comes to that.
I'll let you know what they say.

#14459 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm going to ask the same question to my distributor once he calls me to say I'm the next one in queue to get one, which should be in the next week or so. I want some form of guarantee that implies a playfield replacement if the inserts start ghosting / lifting. If the answer is "no" then I won't buy one. I'm not talking about a lifetime warranty but something that is fair. Just unsure of what that is yet. 1000 plays? 2000 plays? 2 years? 1 year? 6months? What is fair?

Exactly where I am at , I don't want a lifetime warranty . Maybe 6 months to a year.

#14617 7 years ago

That may be a pinside first .

With that follow up comment he may risk being Kenadaed .

1 week later
#15008 7 years ago

Thanks to all !
Okay a quick unboxing vid...
More videos photos tomorrow ^^
-----------------
Pics of the inserts please .

#15021 7 years ago

I used to think the exact same things when GB arrived brand new , I helped another pinsider unbox it brand new for his launch party and I think i actually played the first game on the thing . And boy was I upset, the thing flat out kicked my ass and my opinion at the time, was the game is just completely unfair. Stupid flipper gap, and those ridiculous outlane drains and wtf with that right ramp, whatever, waste of space and " I Am Out , canceling my order ". And I felt like that for awhile even after playing it alot . Well , man has my opinion changed . I played it more , and more and more and I learned It plays different than many modern pins, the slings are more vertical the flippers point down more the gap is f'n big . It taught me to have soft hands , dead bounce with precision, make the shot and most importantly have a plan , you can't just wing Ghostbusters otherwise your dead and dead fast.
The game has calmed down considerably in the 2 months on route and is holding up great. Don't get me wrong the game is damn hard and beats you up all the time , but it really is a great fun game with lots of code potential.
That's just my 2 cents , sorry for the wall of text.

#15023 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

How dare you?
Really, the gap stops being noticeable fairly quickly. You adjust to it just like you do on other games that have it. It will make you better at control, so that's a good thing. I am sure it will frustrate some more than others, however.

Totally agree, the flipper gap becomes part of the game and although NOT completely unnoticeable and sometimes very frustrating it becomes alot less of an issue. This game is about playing differently, for me.
I swear My Metallica had become easier to play now, the flippers are so flat and easy to control and the gap is soooo small. Lol !

#15251 7 years ago

Have you guys that keep whining about the flipper gap even played the game?
At first it's like damn, but shortly becomes a non issue .

#15317 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've seen pro. Maybe I'll throw something together for the LE.

I'd be in for a set .

1 week later
#15494 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I find it odd he would change his gap size to me it's suppose to be his signature and should be the same on every game, honestly if I were Stern I don't think I would want him randomly changing the gap size game to game.

Trudeau said during his interview at the recent show and game exchange twitch video that indeed the gap was larger than creature , "I was bad boy " were his exact words .

#15498 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How did JT respond once he heard Flato's thoughts on the matter?

With a shoulder shrug and a small laugh, in true Trudeau fashion.

2 weeks later
#15878 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Am I understanding right, when you add a ball to fix this, there should be two balls in the captive lane, in addition to the Newton ball (three balls including Newton ball)?

Yes .
Works great .

#15890 7 years ago

I have played GB alot and the flipper gap although frustrating at first quickly becomes not a big deal, but why are you guys opting for the center post over the carrot flippers?

#16030 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dwight PLEASE give the option to disable reverse flippers in this multiball- it cripples the multiball and is simply not fun. I

Yes this, just give us the option.

1 week later
#16416 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Put about an hour on a friends new Pro and had 80million on a single skill shot . I think maybe it's the cummulative points scored on the modes you've completed on that ladder? Anyone know

You Most likely hit the lane that awards 10% of your total score, not always available as a choice and maybe randomn seems to show up on ball three the most but not every time.

#16426 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think so.. I know I saw that option, but it was certainly on the blue arrow score, not the rollovers. (I believe the rollovers are ended after the arrow scores). Plus, I did see other skill shots score in the 30+million range as the game went on.
I always short plunge, catch, and then shoot the blue arrow skill shot on the right orbit to help progress in the modes.

I believe there is also a 10% of total.score skill shot for the blue arrow shot on the third ball.
It's not always available

#16428 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Every blue arrow skill shot awards 10% of score and awards either mode start or spinner or ESP depending on which you hit

This sounds right.

1 week later
#16612 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

What is the highest anyone has got on Negative Reinforcement? What was your reward?

I got to 114 million
I let it ride ...
I lost

1 week later
#16852 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

STERN just uploaded a video on Face Book showing GB Premiums on the line. Not sure if they are domestic or exports but it looks that STERN has finally turned its attention to the Premiums. Good news for those of us who have been waiting.

Doesn't it concern anyone that stern is pushing out GB and announced a new machine yesterday, and have yet to address current and on going problems or provide any information of a playfield swap program , anyone ???
I have had a GB on preorder prior to its reveal, so ya I got some skin in the game.
It just blows me away that a lot of people are completely oblivious to this and are willing to accept delivery regardless.

1 week later
#16968 7 years ago

Can the guys that have played both the pro and the LE comment on the left ramp shot.
I have only played the pro and that shot is so smooth and fast , does it feel the same on the LE.
My metal ramps on Metallica are a bit slower just wondering if this is the case .

#16975 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id Wait.....If its not an LE in Green, it would seem a full color is a year or 2 out?
Blue? maybe?

The ones with green I have seen look great .

#17018 7 years ago

Won't fit with my ceiling heighth

#17071 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Assume October, that's when Gary said new LE playfields should arrive to replace the bad ones, and I assume that would also mean new ones to build remaining LE's. Be happy as u will likely get a perfectly fine playfield

That is really good to hear .
Just why won't they say it . Man it would make so many of us feel so much better . KPG I appreciate you being the communication ambassador of sorts .

2 weeks later
#17211 7 years ago
Quoted from Danno66:

Howdy Folks! This is my second week of owning a new Ghostbusters Le. I have most of the games problems fixed, airballs and one other are still present. I won't address airballs here because I am buying a protector, the main problem with my machine is that most of the time I get the ball stuck in an endless loop in the pop bumper area around "Gozer the Gozerian". This problem spells out worn playfield and pop bumper rebuild in <2 weeks. Essentially the ball will go between the slingshot, the second pop bumper, the target, and back again for up to 45 MINUTES!! Yes that says minutes. For a plus it gives me time to go to the bathroom and answer emails for a minus it ruins the fun really fast. I wasn't sure of the upload limitations so I filmed a 15 second version and put it on youtube. I should add that I set coil power on Soft and slingshot down to 18 also leveled the machine many times without success. It's running 1.5 software. Any ideas would be appreciated, for now I have disconnected one of the pop bumpers but really I don't like that solution a whole lot... Here's a link: » YouTube video

When we.first got the pro here the ball would spend some extra time in the pops but after 100 games or so it calmed down , but man I never saw it do that or for that long .
Hopefully that will work itself out.

2 months later
#17595 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
Curious, I found this image in the marketplace for the dog toy but I noticed this ramp looks much different. I do like how it has the road and cars on it but seems like most premiums are full metal for this ramp.. Any ideas as to why it would be different?

Nope they are all just like this.
The main left ramp is metal.

#17598 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh didnt realize that. For some reason I thought they all looked like this... Seems like most pictures when googled look like this also. Good to know, thanks.

I believe that's a photo of the prototype
With plastic ramp but no decals.

1 month later
#17741 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So what am I doing wrong? I ordered these return lane protectors directly from Stern. Instructions say to loosen bolts, insert, replace hardware.
I can't replace the bolts because the lane protectors are really thick and there is no thread left. I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Hawkmoon,
Also, flip your rubbers on your slings around .
Put the large sling rubber below the (2) small rubber rings .
The magna slings will be MUCH more active .

#17755 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

so that the large rubber ring is where the small ones were and the small ones would be where the large rubber ring was?

Yes this , big difference

#17761 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Wow, it makes a huge difference. I'm not sure why it works, but I love the added effect.

Told you

3 weeks later
#17840 7 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find raw metal lollipop side Rails? ??

#17843 7 years ago

Thanks paul ,
I couldn't find them , any chance you have a link?
I find that pbl website hard to navigate.

#17844 7 years ago

I found these but they don't look right .
The area around the flipper button is different.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

#17848 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup those are the ones. They are the ones the Refinery puts on their games, no holes on the curved end. They even fit on my Sega Batman Forever.

Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider golfingdad1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=golfingdad1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.