IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#480 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What show was that back in January where WWE was unveiled? Is that show still the first week of January coming up?

CES 2016 starts Jan 6.

1 week later
#555 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

But bet the pro will be a DVD and premium and le with a LCD.

They're not going to hire 2 separate graphic teams and double their development costs just so the Pro can have a "cheaper" dmd.

#745 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I assume this was moderated out based on this portion of the TOS? " Any claims of fact or allegations made on the forum must be supported by evidence and/or a trustworthy source. Moderators reserve the right to modify or remove claims of fact that lack proper supporting evidence."
Would I be allowed to repost if I told you that my friend has a Stern email address?
If anyone wants an email of the photo that was moderated out then shoot me a pm with you email address in the body. All I ask is that after you get the photo you pass it along for others to see.

I don't doubt what you just wrote, but why is someone who "has a Stern email address" sending out images for unannounced games, wanting them to be widely distributed?

I don't blame Pinside for erring on the side of caution, something about all of this is off.

#749 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

One thing to remember is JPOP is an amazing art director. He has no idea how to make a machine, but he knows how to design and art direct. No art has even come close to his zidware machines.

If this is ZY's work, it really shows what jpop brought to the table for art direction. Too bad that's all he brought.

#755 8 years ago

To me it is a bit much to think that Stern cares enough about 300 Rob Zombies or that the year-long build for fulfilling Hobbit pre-orders has started. Enough for them to think they can scuttle some possible sales by leaking art.

STERN probably loses more by people not buying THEIR games (available ones) and waiting for GB, more than hurting those companies.

#758 8 years ago

Well, the other issue with this narrative is apparently this image has been around for months, people have seen it for some time, and was posted on Pinside before. So it has been leaked for a while. Can't really say it was timed for this week.

#840 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Honestly, I just don't see Zombie Yeti quality in that drawing. The faces are just bad, and they look like they're wearing lipstick.
As a quick first pass to see layout? Maybe.

When you look at his website, there is nothing there that looks anything like this style

http://www.zombieyeti.com/

#875 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I watched Total Recall and it wasn't too bad. If it would have been called something else, people might have enjoyed it more but they were comparing it to the original. It also had an annoying amount of lens flares.

The producers of the new version kept saying it was not a remake of Arnold's movie, but they used Arnold's title, instead of the original book title (or a brand new title). Keeping the same name as Arnold's movie was a mistake, since we love that version.

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I heard directly from a distributor that it's going to be GB for the next Stern Pin; will be based off the new one though, so could be totally lame; we'll see.

The new movie doesn't even come out till next summer.

#1263 8 years ago

I agree, GoT is a big title for them and first time it's been at CES. last year they debuted the Spike system which they got a lot of press from. This year they don't have that. So I'd give good odds on no new title shown.

#1430 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Dwight is lead on software for GB so everyone chill.

This makes no sense. He's still in the middle of GoT and you're saying he's on the very next release?

#1658 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

My games are set to the highest possible pitch, love speed. Listen I love LOTR's its just for me any game gets repetitive in time but those with long ball times leave the fastest epecially after I've completed Wizard Mode, STLE was the same thing.

It's been brought up before that higher pitch actually makes games EASIER because the ball doesn't bounce into the outlanes the same way and you drain less. So you might have been unknowingly made your games easier by setting the pitch so high.

Just something to think about the next time you do it, perhaps open the outlanes up to compensate and keep it sporting.

#1801 8 years ago

If any of these LE pre-order rumors are remotely true, it really solidifies the power of themes, and everything Gary says about how he needs to be able to sell containers of games on theme alone.

1 week later
#1922 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Couldn't say it any better than that. It's got to be one hell of a game to make me be the asshole that buys the last DMD game.

It did give me pause buying GOT... potentially the last dmd game. I'll feel better when colordmd supports Spike, so at least that's an option.

#1931 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

In .5 days is the much anticipated Rob Zombie stream on Dead Flip. Are you saying something else is happening at the same time?

There's no evidence that GOT's development was affected by The Hobbit AT ALL. If Stern is going to ignore a major factory with ability to produce 1000's of games, with a similar theme even, I think people are reading too much into Stern reacting to an actual boutique run of 300 games.

#1972 8 years ago

There was clear foreshadowing from Stern before the spidey announcement. Black image, clock, and a timed instagram post. I doubt their next "pillar" release would just get thrown out with no pre-hype.

I'd say it's safe to say it won't be announced today.

#2047 8 years ago

I'm wondering if our expectations are too high. Is John Trudeau's 3rd game for Stern in 2 years really going to outclass Steve Ritchie spending 2 years making GOT?

I think we should lower our expectations to more "typical stern" release. Beyond a cool retro theme that we like and hopefully some really nice art, is the game playfield going to be that feature packed that it blows GOT away?

#2051 8 years ago

Good thing I have space for 1 more pin I guess .

#2053 8 years ago

Seems like half of pinside has already seen it.

#2195 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

From the movie:

image_(resized).jpg

That is literally the only place you'll ever see it broken like that. On the screen cap of the movie's opening title. Literally every instance of Ghostbusters is only 1 word.

#2196 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

I get where you're coming from, but for some reason I've always loved the two line version. I think it's probably from my endless hours of watching the cartoon as a kid and seeing this one.

Realghostbusters_title_(resized).jpg

Ha. ok. there it is again.

1 week later
#2513 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Would it be kind of similar to the creature hologram from cftbl but modernised with updated technology ? If that was the case it would be under the playfield in my opinion

A "peppers ghost" effect would be most impressive if it appears on top of something, floating in space. On the playfield somewhere. Otherwise you could just mount an lcd under the playfield like the Creech lcd mod.

#2525 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I heard from an undisclosed distributor that Stern is behind with all their current production of games and the announcement of this title will probably not be until March.

Kind of surprised Spidey was announced so early when GOT Premiums hadn't even started being delivered yet. So they've got GOT to deal with still, plus Spidey, and whatever catalog orders they have. They'll probably be busy for a while.

#2596 8 years ago

I suspect Stern will be a release or 2 beyond GB when either Hobbit or Alien will be available to purchase for the general public. The only sales they are hurting at the moment are their own as they are the only company that has pinballs available that you can own TODAY with SEVEN different games in production.

It makes no sense for them to intentionally leak anything to drum up excitement when they have the most to lose from cannibalizing existing sales from themselves.

So, I put no weight in the idea that these were anything other than someone inside leaking something they shouldn't have.

#2603 8 years ago

Stern doesn't really have a history of leaks... not like what's happened with GB.

Working backwards through some recent titles:

-GOT, other than rumors, nothing leaked or seen before hand.
-WWE - no one had a clue this one was coming
-KISS - jpop told everyone Stern has licensed it
-Walking Dead - rumored but nothing known for sure till a blu-ray was seen promoting it
-Star Trek - nothing shown, only "leak" was Paramount listing Stern as a licensor.

GB with leaked playfield, unfinished artwork, etc... this is not like we've seen before. I'm sure falls down to something as simple as an employee showed a friend, and that friend showed a friend... and on and on it goes.

#2963 8 years ago

I'm going to buy a colordmd for my Hulk and move my green Hulk DMD to a Ghostbusters.

#3435 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think BTTF would be a good remake (or sequel) because the difference in life and social interaction between now and 1985 is astronomically greater than 1985 to 1955, thus it has better story and character development potential.

It's weird to contemplate this. Growing up with BTTF, the 1985 in that movie seemed like "now" for much of my life, but definitely now it is as quaint looking back as the 50s did then.

I wonder when we'll get a Stand By Me remake, set in the 80s.

#3518 8 years ago

Complete devil's advocate here:
What does Robin and Pinside get out of a good relationship with Stern?

Uhhh....

0657ef59dc6653e684e568855a243b348560ac09_(resized).jpg0657ef59dc6653e684e568855a243b348560ac09_(resized).jpg

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-surprise

Good enough for me.

#3710 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

At this point I'm not sure what Stern is waiting for. There must be some sort of delay with production or finalizing some aspect. I doubt they're worried too much about GB interfering with SMVE sales. It's had plenty of room to breathe.

The factory schedule drives everything. GB will be announced exactly when the factory is ready to start building them X weeks later.

Until then, the factory is busy building everything else.

1 week later
#4518 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Basically, I plan to buy a TWD Premium, but want to wait and see if GB LE knocks it off the top of my list.

Quoted from tacshose:

Ha! I've been holding off buying anything since the rumors started. I'm in the same boat I want a NIB MET before I can't get them anymore

And this is exactly why these leaks were NOT from Stern as some sort of marketing. They have way more to lose not selling machines than disrupting Hobbit or RZ. They've got games for sale TODAY and would like to sell those to you very much.

#4543 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you have someone that is going to buy either 1) a TWD premium OR 2) a GBLE, they aren't getting two sales anyhow.

You don't think if you asked Gary Stern what would he rather sell someone, TWD today or GB tomorrow he would say TWD today? I know I would. That's all i'm getting at.

Quoted from iceman44:

Everyone doesn't buy every Stern release like you Frolic.

I'll be continuing my "has landed" threads with a GB LE .

1 week later
#4745 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Our recording got a little sensitive. But here's the bottom line: the leak sucks for Stern. It does. It definitely had an impact on several things, and none of that impact has been very positive. I just wish Stern had stepped out in front of the leak, took control of the conversation, and told people to wait for an official announcement at a later date. Not sure if the show will ultimately make it to air. We'll see...

The company is not exactly known to be marketing titans. They still promote their machines with flyers, and going to trade shows. Not exactly cutting edge. It is what it is.

#4757 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Stupid question...does the sound of ones voice have property rights?
Meaning can a quality impersonator create new lines, in the voice of say Dan Akroyd
be used....

It's been done... think of PoTC or even Austin Powers.

#4761 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Short of producing a virtual tour on Oculus Rift, how much more "cutting edge" can they get?

I agree, and these aren't "consumer goods" (even though we treat them like they are), certainly not for civilians.

If I were to fault Stern marketing in any way, it's that they should do more to drive location play, and direct people in that direction (beyond GS lecturing expo goers to get out of their basements). No one is going to drop $5k+ for a pinball just because they saw it on Price is Right, but they might be motivated to go to Dave & Busters to play it (if D&B had a pinball).

#4820 8 years ago

Replay ads have been the first confirmation for multiple titles since I've been around. You would THINK Stern would know Replay goes to the printers on DATE X, and people will start to see them on DATE X+Y... so line up everything so THEY (Stern) make the big announcement first.

But it's never that way... ever.

#4892 8 years ago

Well, Stern responded to the ad posted on their facebook.

If they're not deleting stuff anymore, and acknowledging it, then the big reveal must be here very soon. maybe today?

Screen_Shot_2016-03-03_at_11.56.26_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-03_at_11.56.26_AM_(resized).png

#5042 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

J.Tradeu is speaking there and I can't believe they would not have a machine there in person.

The reality is Stern games are not "done" until they start to roll off the factory line, complete with goodie bags stapled inside. If the Pros aren't on the line, then there will be no GB in Texas. They won't bring a prototype.

#5446 8 years ago

Wow. Looks amazing and packed. Dunno if the art alone makes it seem so packed or what.

#5486 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Anyone catch any differences between LE and Premium, other than art?

still waiting for feature matrix.

#5543 8 years ago

I'm doing the LE, cause I just pulled my green dmd out of my Hulk. That'll really tie it together till colordmd is out.

#5621 8 years ago

shaker is back in the LE which is appreciated.

#5780 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think it's a neat idea but different isn't always better. The thing about traditional slings is you can anticipate their behavior. Seems like the magnets may be an even greater randomizer. I wouldn't enjoy hitting a sling shot and have the magnets fling the ball down the middle.

on C2C Jody did mention that the slings were the first thing that was developed, so they have had a lot of time with them. I doubt they are a complete nightmare.

#5797 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also the hologram hope that's nice, why can't it be seen, hope it's not like the magic glow in the dark UV paint on Predator that no one could see.

IGN had a photo of it

stern-ghostbustersle-details-05xjpg-c74fc4_765w_(resized).jpgstern-ghostbustersle-details-05xjpg-c74fc4_765w_(resized).jpg

#5807 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The Ecto Goggles are VERY cool. It is PINBALL 200 shrunk down to one shot.

This is my impression. You'll get animation of Ghosts exploding when you hit them. So it's like RFM - for one shot, as you said. Very cool.

#5809 8 years ago

Pat @ Stern just confirmed my Hulk green dmd is plug and play with GB.

#5838 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I put my second deposit down to lock in my LE. I've never been more excited for a pinball machine than I am for this one. Now the wait begins, and boy, it's going to feel like a long one.

This is the best part of Stern releases... the wait isn't THAT long. Fun to get on board for these rides. These are the only pre-orders I will do anymore.

#5857 8 years ago

Makes no sense for Stern to have an MSRP, and then a second "street price" that they also set.

#5893 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I think the streams will be left out because they aren't mentioned in the feature matrix either.
What we see now in the pictures, Is just filling up the empty hole and the plastic makes sure balls don't get stuck there...

True. The laser for Star Trek was in the matrix, even when we had no idea what it did and it was not shown until much later.

If the streams are not in the matrix, then it was dropped.

#5987 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Or they are going to make them as add on in their shop.

no Fire button on the lockdown bar = no.

#6035 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

So far the layout looks impressive but I will not fork over 8K until I have at least seen some gameplay.

Don't be a wet blanket!

#6156 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I read that as well, but something I read elsewhere indicated that some of the RGB inserts turned green and you had to hit those shots to clear up the slime. Guess we'll find out for certain before long!

My impression of this particular feature is it is being over sold. Likely all it means is that the 8 color changing inserts will turn green for the shot. So no different than any other game that has a handful of color changing inserts.

The GI may very well be all white. So it will probably look more like Mustang or Iron Man Vault. Which isn't bad, those are both "lit to be seen from space" and in this case will mean the artwork will be on full display.

Don't expect a Star Trek or MET light show. But it can still have nice sweeps and strobes, etc.

#6158 8 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Does anyone have any idea when the LE will ship? I ordered one and can't find any info. Distributor won't give an answer either.

Still too early to tell. Pros will roll out first, and the LEs usually come 6 weeks or so after the Pros. So if the Pros start showing up end of March, then that would put us around mid May.

#6164 8 years ago

TPF 2017 maybe.

#6169 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I hope this shows Stern that the licenses don't need to be current in order to have a hit on their hands.
I think a new Back to the Future would be a big hit. Maybe others like Top Gun, Rocky, Batman (Keaton), Lethal Weapon (based on all 4), or Superman (Reeve).

Nostalgia is big business nowadays, but I wonder if this is good for long term health. I know 80s movies are like catnip to us, but does that expand the pinball business for long term growth?

#6207 8 years ago

GB doesn't have all color-changing inserts like ST.

It also does not have 3 color GI like MET.

TWD had 2 color GI which is used to great effect as well.

But games like Mustang (Trudeau's as well) is all white.

#6209 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

How does a distributor competing with another distributor over pricing hurt the customer?

exactly. That is a free market. Anything else is price fixing.

Resellers like Hemi have figured out "Value Add" and created Refinery editions, which is smart.

Everyone else is selling a commodity... a pinball in a box, and price is what drives commodities.

It's up to the resellers to differentiate themselves if they don't want to compete on price (great service, home visits, etc)... but if they are just taking a phone call and drop shipping a box... well, welcome to the race to the bottom.

#6213 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It makes me wonder if my kids will ever know true nostalgia. Every memory they have will be in the form of a reboot or sequel.

Yup. I don't think we'll ever have a magical time like the 80s again.

#6214 8 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_fixing

Price fixing is an agreement between participants on the same side in a market to buy or sell a product, service, or commodity only at a fixed price, or maintain the market conditions such that the price is maintained at a given level by controlling supply and demand.

The intent of price fixing may be to push the price of a product as high as possible, generally leading to profits for all sellers but may also have the goal to fix, peg, discount, or stabilize prices. The defining characteristic of price fixing is any agreement regarding price, whether expressed or implied.

Price fixing requires a conspiracy between sellers or buyers. The purpose is to coordinate pricing for mutual benefit of the traders. For example, manufacturers and retailers may conspire to sell at a common "retail" price; set a common minimum sales price, where sellers agree not to discount the sales price below the agreed-to minimum price; buy the product from a supplier at a specified maximum price; adhere to a price book or list price;

So people are saying these resellers are openly saying this?

Maybe they should read this part:

In the United States, price fixing can be prosecuted as a criminal federal offense under section 1 of the Sherman Antitrust Act.[2]

Criminal prosecutions may only be handled by the U.S. Department of Justice, but the Federal Trade Commission also has jurisdiction for civil antitrust violations. Many state attorneys general also bring antitrust cases and have antitrust offices, such as Virginia, New York, and California.

Private individuals or organizations may file lawsuits for triple damages for antitrust violations, and depending on the law, recover attorneys fees and costs expended on prosecution of a case.[3][4][5]

#6217 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

Not saying Stern is doing it or should do it. Just that it is possible and sometimes makes sense.

If you're correct, that is definitely a win fall for the drop shippers.

#6233 8 years ago

I've run multiple businesses in my life, and there is always someone willing to be cheaper than you. That is why it's important to not get into that price war.

If I were in the pinball business, I'd not take phone calls and quote prices and nothing else. You'll have no customer loyalty and you'll only sell for peanuts.

We've seen distributors on pinside complain about how they make a lot less than we think, which is probably correct. They should maybe expand their minds and education and learn how to expand their USP (Unique Selling Proposition). Build value and get out of the dog scrap business.

As mentioned, Hemi has this figured out. Kudos to him.

#6255 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

So with these new Sterns, do you have the ability to change the GI led colors (sockets?) or are they surface mounted? Kind of disappointing to have the traditional white GI light if so.

on recent Sterns the GI is still bulbs. Inserts are little boards.

#6324 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

When my daughter was 13-14 (just a couple years ago) her all time favorite movie was Ferris Bueller's Day Off. They love almost all of John Hugh's films.....Breakfast Club has held up amazingly well and still speaks to teens today. Ghostbusters is a great movie. < period

It's sad to me that there is no, and won't be, a modern Breakfast Club for today's kids. They have to watch ours. Or wait for the remake.

#6328 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Why would that sadden you? The original one is still great. A modern breakfast club would have them all staring at their phones while in detention. If they could even get detention, in today's precious little snowflake gets a participation medal society.

I'm mostly speaking about how Hollywood will not take chances, so the next John Hughes would never get greenlit for some modern story.

It would be like if the same argument was said in the 80s, that we should be satisfied with the movies from the 50s, because they were great (they were), but every generation needs its own stories.

Hell, we would never have gotten Ghostbusters if the same thinking that is around today was around then.

#6348 8 years ago

Oh man, not sure I can handle the Ghostbusters theme forever like that. I knew it was coming.

#6352 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Hope the pinball browser guys do some "magic". Get it, magic!

I believe Pinball Browser already works with Spike? If so, this should be done easily.

I'm definitely going to hunt and replace the most repetitive GB theme parts. Maybe leave it in for a multiball or something.

#6356 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Even throw in the Bobby Brown song from the 2nd one. That would have cost some $ but some of the lesser artists song could have been obtainable.

Bobby Brown I'd throw in... and probably this one

Pinball Browser to the rescue .

#6390 8 years ago

Confirmed my LE today. Was also told that there aren't enough LEs to go around which is what we've been hearing.

To me that is what an LE should be. A limited number. Let them sell out, and that's that.

#6520 8 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Isn't that Rick Moranis after he got laid by Sigourney Weaver?

it clearly is. I don't understand the controversy.

#6566 8 years ago

I think any hit stern game could get a new premium model at any time, but they'll never be called an LE with plaque, signatures, etc.

#7186 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The right ramp is a drag on the pro.I hope the right ramp on the LE and Prem has opto's and registers as a shot and is not for show!

Are you serious? No switch at all?

Is that the same ramp with ecto goggles on the le?

#7204 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The right ramp on pro doesn't register as a right ramp shot (No opto's or gate to register the shot like the left ramp)

ah, right, it's the "double duty" ramp on the Pro.

Glad I'll have an LE.

#7323 8 years ago

I thought the original music pieces were all great. I liked them more than the GB theme which gets too repetitive. I like that they used different parts of the GB theme and dropped the lyrics though.

I'd almost rather the GB theme get played after the game is over, like Star Trek utilizes the ST theme... just drops it at the end. Not endlessly in the game. It is an ear worm, that is the problem.

But you couldn't have a GB game without it. So the question becomes how to best utilize it.

#7326 8 years ago

Based on those leaked photos - which were of the LE playfield, and how many months ago those photos have been around, they've been testing this for some time, or at least the LE.

Perhaps, if Trudeau is correct in saying he designed the LE first then makes the Pro, the Pro is the version that has been around the least.

So that leaves me pretty confident in the LE and that version will play the best.

#7328 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, in the "Flippin Podcast" interview he said it's easier to take out of a design rather then build in. If Stern tested the subway ramp 300,000 times I'm sure they have done a lot of testing with the magnetic slings.

Jody also mentioned on C2C that the slings were the first part of the game built, and tested. So they obviously liked them, they weren't tacked on at the end, they felt good putting them in the game. Can't wait to see them.

#7353 8 years ago

It's weird to me that GB2 is included in the game, but in such a small way. GB2 should have its own Ladder... culminating with Vigo battle.

-Runaway Baby stroller
-Trains
-River of slime
-Vigo

#7367 8 years ago

No reason to have concerns of code. This is Dwight we're talking about, not Lonnie.
Code will be good at launch, great by end of the year.

Dwight seems very dedicated. And he listens to players for feedback.

I won't buy Lonnie games any more.

#7384 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

As an LE buyer, I am pretty happy about it. I wasn't much of a GB2 fan.

GB1 > GB2, but GB2 isn't a dog's breakfast. I guess you "win" since they didn't go for it.

#7475 8 years ago

Dwight JUST came off GOT. As "complete" as GOT was when released, it still got lots of updates after.. and THEN he's got the very next release of GB. There's no way GB is anywhere near completed and definitely not polished.

#7567 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

More gameplay video. This is over the shoulder instead of straight down which shows the slimmer toy functionality a bit clearer.
» YouTube video

Wow. That slimer toy is so much cooler. This looks to be a very decent pro.

#7591 8 years ago

This is going to be a huge release. To have that much game at the Pro price point, it'll move a ton.

#7605 8 years ago

I think the mag sling have to be different from regular slings, otherwise, what was the point?

If they mimic regular sling kickers, then it was a waste. I'm imagining the ball being thrown around like the wall walker magnet.

#7638 8 years ago

I've had plenty of games where regular slings kick the ball into a far outlane, so it's not like they are totally safe by comparison.

I think the main fear is if the mags drain the ball all the time, but I'd have to think no less and no more than usual.

#7763 8 years ago

I wish they'd just sanction colordmd and make that an official mod and let us pay for color on day 1 if we wanted it.

You know when they drop the red dots, it is coming with a price increase anyways.

#7821 8 years ago

Likely needs art/playfield printed. The white wood was in the leaked photos, but at this point I doubt they'll want to show a white wood.

#8180 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Such first world problems we have.

To help me decide I go downtown and kick a homeless guy in the balls and tell him I can't decide between buying a Pro or Premium pinball machine.

#8703 8 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Anybody in US/Canada in on a Pro and have any insight on when they'll start shipping here? As of March 15, the distributor I am buying from said the 1st or 2nd week of April (which seemed ambitious), but I've heard chatter of late April as well. Anybody heard anything concrete?

Canada gets counted as "international" and gets sent games just after the overseas containers get sent out. The pros are on the line as we speak, so I expect the truck going to Canada will be loaded soon.

1 week later
#9052 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters 4K UHD BluRay news. This sucks regarding the cover. I think the way the cover on the first films UHD release is being handled is rather disrespectful to Ernie Hudson and his character.
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/one-ghostbuster-didn-t-cover-203200700.html

Man, that is just sad. It's like they went out of their way to omit him.

#9083 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have to say, I'm disappointed it's taking this long to show gameplay from the Prem/LE version- the version they said was designed first from the start.

The leaked photos were of the LE playfield. It's existed a long time. They aren't going to do a deadflip reveal of a white wood though, only of a final game with art, playfield, etc, done. I'm not reading much into why we haven't seen an LE yet. Heck, it wasn't that long ago that no one saw anything until the first customers started getting machines.

#9324 8 years ago

More like unfortunately.
It has the Scoleri brothers and the Van Horn Pneumatic Transit System.
JT said at TPF that the pink slime may show up in the dots.
I wish there was a bit more.

There's a long history of "bad" movies becoming "great" pinball machines.

You can take the best parts of GB2 and put them into a pinball and it will be awesome. It doesn't have to bog down and be boring like the movie.

#9470 8 years ago

Glad to see ZombieYeti out there so much enjoying the release of his game. After Jpop had him working in the shadows for years only to see all that work go down the toilet.

#9728 8 years ago

To me, the ecto goggle lcd appears no bigger than say the Tron arcade mod, and reflects onto the "goggle". I think it will be a cool little toy, since as mentioned above it will basically act like a mini RFM shot.

#9870 8 years ago

I find it amusing that these explanations for delays have all just sort of come out of the ether and now we've sort of accepted that there is some sort of sling problem.

As if the Stern factory hasn't had production delays going back several months now.

#9926 8 years ago

I do find it odd that there is talk of the LEs going out soon and hardly any Pros are delivered.

Well, all I know is my LE is not here yet, but Pinside be the first to know when it shows up.

#9973 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

if I am reading between the lines here, Automated has no idea when LE's will be shipping, unless you know precisely what "Will follow along right after" means...

"Will follow along right after" to me means after the Pros... which could be on the line for a month. Which is exactly what any of us would have guessed originally.

#10086 8 years ago

I did not expect the magna slings to just replicate regular slings. I expected a different effect, and some sort of "ghost ball" effect. So this video seems to be doing exactly that. It will make the game unique which was the whole point. John has said he'd considered them in the past, but this theme opened up the possibility again. I can't wait to play it.

#10284 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Super exciting times in pinball, not just because of Ghostbusters, (which will be my first NIB premium game! Yay!)

Jared was quoted earlier that he's seen the slings do more than we saw in that video, and here he is saying he's buying a Premium. So, I'm not going to get my titties in a twist over that facebook test video.

#10353 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd bet there is a lot more cost/effort to be put into these slings than a normal setup and (hopefully) Stern would not put them on if it wasn't worth the effort.

You consider the r&d, and the extra programming hours involved, as opposed to a stock kicker.

Then you consider how Star Trek lost the vuk to warp, because the performance wasn't reliable enough.

So, if these mag slings make it to the final game (which looks like they are), then Stern has to be very happy with them.

#10578 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one consider that maybe the slings are a new norm? Something makes me think that hey may be called "force slings" in the future.....

Like any Stern toy or feature, can always be re-used. But if we ever see them again that means they were successful so that would be good news.

#10641 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

It's also rumored that the LE gets two coats of clear because of the signature not sure if it is true though.

this is the reason.

1 month later
#13278 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

They do the international versions first because shipping via container takes a long time, so technically Europe, Canada and the US get them at approximately the same time.

I suspect doing it this way also gives the programmers an extra couple of weeks before LEs start to get played, to fix the LE code.

2 weeks later
#14251 7 years ago

I don't understand the hysteria. The LE has been seen and played at a few shows previous to this. The reviews from Germany seemed to be very positive. So to go nuts over a single Premium that was set up at a show seems a little premature. We don't know what factors contributed to the fast games.

#14328 7 years ago

When was it set factory?

1 week later
#14776 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wouldn't lump GB in with other incomplete games of Stern's past.

No, only lump the incomplete games programmed by the "person who will not be named".

2 weeks later
#15307 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Three of us playing, probably put on about a dozen 3-player games. Saw multiball TWICE the entire night.

I think the game could use a simple 2-ball multiball that is easy to achieve, like turn Scoleri into a 2 ball or something. That would greatly extend a newbie game.

The main multiball does become easier to collect once you understand it better, and basically always shoot that ramp when the green insert is lit.

#15332 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How many different ghosts appear in the goggles, and how does it affect scoring/mode gameplay?

I believe the goggles replace the ghost insert for that shot. so instead of the insert, a ghost appears. I've seen:

Slimer
Taxi driver
ghost cat
flying fish ghost

I don't think it changes any game play, it's just really cool.

#15336 7 years ago

Also I have seen "Super Jackpot" appear there when I hit a jackpot. Sort of like mini-dmd information.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

15,699 (OBO)
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.