IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5495 8 years ago

Holy shit!!!!! I think Stern just blew my graphical standards out of the water. As much as I hated GOT for it's artwork I don't think I have one thing bad to say about this. And most importantly all 3 versions from a quick overview look packed. Did I say the artwork was awesome....because it's freakin' awesome.

#5504 8 years ago

PRO -PREM - LE in order

gb_(resized).jpggb_(resized).jpg

#5577 8 years ago

Playfield slide support AND BRACKETS on Prem and LE....well would you look at that. Overall this thing will be a cash cow for Stern. Other manufacturers you have now been served. WOW. JJP is going to be shitting yellow bricks and orc poop for the next few weeks.

#5613 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

only 500 LEs, thought they'd more

I wouldn't be surprised if they were are all gone by now.

#5732 8 years ago

Having magnet slings instead of conventional slingshots might prove to be a very good decision. Less moving parts and you can ramdomize the strength of the push / pull of the magnets as well as making the ball go in unexpected patterns. Ball hits switch and depending on where you are in the progression or in which mode you are might make the slingshot behave very differently. I might have to put this game under my xmas tree this year (hoping CDN dollar comes back close to par...aka wishful thinking).

#5982 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If the streams are not in the matrix, then it was dropped.

Or they are going to make them as add on in their shop.

#6191 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I can't think of another game that uses them.

The only thing that comes to mind is the Twilight Zone mini playfield. I'm intrigued as well

1 month later
#11525 7 years ago

All I know is mine will be in order Monday and I've got shit load of ideas never done before to make it cool. Mind you this thing is already cool enough

4 weeks later
#13456 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I like, now someone in the US needs to step up and offer this.

Pinball life will have them in a few days. Talked to the guy at Pinball Universe.

#13673 7 years ago
Quoted from jay:

With the power supply in the backbox, and no giant transformer that's better mounted in the bottom of the cabinet, it doesn't make much sense to run wires all the way down and to the front of the cab just for a power switch. I don't find this troublesome at all—except that I feel like a doofus every time I reach under the cabinet trying to turn on GOT.

"I guess car manufacturer should put the ignition right beside the engine since it doesn't make much sense the run wires right beside steering wheel for easy access." LOL

I didn't know about this and all I have to say is WTF!!!! It's going to be a pain in the ass for me to turn on my machine because mine are so close together.

I guess power bar it is.

#13676 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Just plug your game into a surge protector, and velco it under you pin. Problem solved.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid decision from Stern's part.

#13685 7 years ago

Too bad it's not good for us Canadians. The tournament button is included on all our games. So no replacing the tournament button.
I'd really like to know that reason apart from financial reasons.

#13691 7 years ago

Yeah the tournament button is an add on if you want it but in Canada it comes included. Go figure. If there only reason to put the power switch on the backbox is cost savings then shame on them! I want to see a pic of this because i feel the internet is pulling my leg.

#13796 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Pro's are compromised machines. They are designed to be routed, have some drunk drop a few coins into them, and return a few bucks to the op.
Home owners should be buying Premiums or LEs and not looking back.
If you can afford a Pro, you can afford a Premium. This is not a poor man's hobby.

I'd rather have 3 pro instead of 2 premiums.

#13798 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Should buy the unit as intended by the designer, that's the premium. Otherwise you just short yourself.

That all nice and dandy but I will not fork $10K CDN for a premium

#13863 7 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

LE just paid for through my distro. They said it will be shipping within the next week/week and a half... hoping that's a true statement!

In distro terms that usually means 30 days but you could get lucky

#13932 7 years ago

I for one am really hyped up about getting my pro.

#13989 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Installed pinball universe kit.

Can't wait to put that mod on mine. I've ordered a shitload of things for it but the GB Pro still hasn't showed itself to my doorsteps.

1 week later
#14456 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I emailed my distributor directly this morning to flat out ask , where they stood on the current playfield issues and if they would make it right and fight for me/ us even if it meant a new playfield or even a new machine .
I hope it never comes to that.
I'll let you know what they say.

I'm going to ask the same question to my distributor once he calls me to say I'm the next one in queue to get one, which should be in the next week or so. I want some form of guarantee that implies a playfield replacement if the inserts start ghosting / lifting. If the answer is "no" then I won't buy one. I'm not talking about a lifetime warranty but something that is fair. Just unsure of what that is yet. 1000 plays? 2000 plays? 2 years? 1 year? 6months? What is fair?

#14469 7 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

We had 2 noticeably raised inserts right out of the box. Am I better off going through Stern or the distributer? Is anyone else having issues with the ball hitting StayPufft off the auto-plunger?

Raised inserts will shred the clear in no time. You can see what your distributor will say but I case they don't want to do anything I would try a C clamp and a block of wood to lower it back into place and epoxy the back side of the insert. I just don't know if that would end up cracking the clear. A more seasoned vet could chime in

3 weeks later
#15412 7 years ago

I finally played my first few games of GB today. I was left with a 'meh' feeling because slimer was registering maybe 2 of 10 shots and the volume was down to "barely audible" levels... so it really killed it for me. The other thing was the air balls, holy crap there were so many. After watching so many videos I know it will be a pin that I will enjoy but first impressions were a killer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.