IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I Am Legend had two movies before the Wil Smith version. Can you name them?

Last Man on Earth with the great Vincent Price and Omega Man with the also great Charleton Heston. also agree Logan's Run remake has lots of potential, "run runner run".

1 month later
#2499 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Pepper's Ghost........

Would this above the playfield or below it?

#2505 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Would it be kind of similar to the creature hologram from cftbl but modernised with updated technology ? If that was the case it would be under the playfield in my opinion

If it's a peepers ghost illusion it's actually much older technology since that's been around since the 1860's. The best modern example of it that most of us has probably seen is ballroom part of the haunted mansion ride at Disney.

4 weeks later
#4604 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes, dare say GB will be announced in March at Texas and then production start a few weeks to a month later

Anyone think they will actually have one at the Texas show?

#4794 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Looked through the last 3 pages and didn't see this mentioned, but in the months Replay Magazine (trade journal) stern has a full page color ad for ghostbusters and states they will start shipping mid-March. I have taken pictures of the pages so you can see for yourself.

20160302_130848_(resized).jpg20160302_130918_(resized).jpg20160302_130859_(resized).jpg

So the composition of this is different than the earlier leaked translite art. Bill Murray and Erie Hudson look the same but Ramis and Aykroyd look like different drawings. Could this be the art for the Slimer LE translite?

#4796 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or just a flyer clipping in the different characters?

I thought that as well but since 2 of the characters are different drawings and slimer was front and center I thought it might be alternate translite art. Aspect ratio is off for translite dimensions as well.

#5064 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

A pin show in Italy just announced they will have a Ghostbusters at their show which is a week before TPF.
If Stern can get a machine over seas that fast then TPF should be no problem.

Italian Enada show is March 16-18'th, Expo in Vegas is March 15-17'th, TPF is March 18-20'th. The question is if Stern made enough machines to support all three of these shows simultaneously. I hope they did because it would be great to see and play Rob Zombie, Alien, and Ghostbusters at the show.

#6000 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Hopefully the magnet slingshots will not turn into a Shadow sanctum wear situation cause I would imagine they will work the same way.

The Shadow sanctum magnet would bring a fast moving ball to a complete dead stop than accelerate it forward. I think that a lot more stressful than putting some extra spin/speed on an already moving ball. I think these slings would be more like the the "power of the force" magnet in SWEP1 or the witch magnet in WOZ. Anyone one with either of those games know if they have wear issues over time?

#6167 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So since the feature matrix mentions the slimer toy is motorized will it move side to side across the playfield? I assume not as much as say the crane toy in Batman but at least a little. I'm also not sure how much the slimer toy on the pro differs from one on the premium / LE. The slimer toy on the premium / LE is supposed to rotate.
Pro "Motorized animated interactive Slimer toy"
Premium / LE "Rotating motorized animated interactive Slimer toy"

If you look at the Stern video on their Facebook page at the "-23" time stamp you see animated CAD file showing a shaft that rotates and moves down. I assume this is the shaft that attaches to the arm holding the Slimer toy. If that's the case, then Slimer on prem/LE would raise and lower as well as rotate left and right to block shots. Kinda like a mini version of the crane on Batman Dark Knight. On the coast 2 coast podcast Jody said Slimer could move and cover 4 shots.

#6223 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Has this been officially announced?
UPDATE: Has Marco announced GB Pro's at TPF?

I called marco and asked and they told me they were getting 2 ghostbuster pins from stern for TPF. Didn't know what version though.

#6290 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Bill Murray must not approve gunk on his head/face.
You'll notice that Venkman is the only character that doesn't have marshmallow goo on his head/face on the Premium translite:
10287022_10153970279924244_4768387495555884279_o_(resized).jpg

It's like that at the end of the movie as well. Venkman is the only ghostbuster not totally covered with marshmallow goop at the end.

#6704 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Cool. Thanks for posting those. So on the 3 newton ball mech in GB after all the balls are hit I take it there's some type of kicker or something that resets them?

I was trying to figure that out as well. After looking closely at the pics my guess it's just a single post that comes down and the balls just roll back to their starting positions via gravity. I wonder if the balls will always reset after each player or not. If not, than players could "steal" their opponents balls.

#6849 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

He said it does this in the podcast.

He also said they could play "keep away" where they could bounce the ball from one sling to another. If they coupled that with some cool audio of the ghosts taunting you that could be a cool effect.

The plastics above the sling show ghosts holding balls so I think the vibe they are going for is that the slings are haunted and controlled by ghosts. Sometimes the ghosts help you by holding ball and deopping it to your flipper and sometimes to mess with you. I'm looking forward to see they actually play.

#6867 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At one point during Dwight's gameplay video (well, couldn't see game, just audio) I heard him pressing the flipper buttons along side callouts of Venkman doing his card guessing experment. During that time I didn't hear any ball or soleonid sounds. Some of those cards are represented on the playfield. If there's a video mode in the game I'm guessing that's it.

The flyer says "negative reinforcement". How cool would it be if the game actually gave you a mild electric shock ( like the uncle fester shocker arcade game) when you guessed the wrong card. Considering all the epilepsy warnings they already have on the apron I'd be surprised if they let it shock you no matter how mild it was. Maybe it would trigger the shaker? Would be a cool after market mode to make shocking flipper buttons.

#6923 8 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Don't worry about the haunted magnetic slings. They are "haunted" or "ghosts" says Stern.
Sure it fits the theme, but really think about the implications to "normal" pinball gameplay. For example, would you want this on your other games? Would you want this on ACDC? Would you want this on Tron? What about LOTR? How will this effect multiball? Seems like a really bad idea. I hope it works out, but this is guilty of WTF until proven otherwise. These are working all the time. This is not a mode. This is not on the upper section of the play field. This is the SLINGS. This is in the "backbone" of what a pinball game is. This is the danger area that bangs balls into the out lanes and directly above the flippers where you play the game!

If they turn out to be duds (I doubt they will) you could replace them with standard slings. In his interview Trudeau said the magnets fit in the same space as the traditional sling mechs. I guess you would also need to drill a hole where the kicker arm goes though the playfield.

#7152 8 years ago

The top rollovers sound effect sounds like the one in the WOZ top rollovers, that sparkly tinkley magic wandy sounding one.

#7336 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If people do really want a metal / chromed out and more detailed light bar topper someone can always make an aftermarket one and just use the existing topper connection on the game.

Can anyone who bought a recent stern topper comment on what the connector looks like? I'm wondering if it's just a simple on or off signal or something more complicated that would require some circuitry to reverse engineer cpu commands from the game.

I agree the topper theme of a light bar is perfect but the design of the one looked a little too lacking in detail. I don't think it would be too hard to make your own that's more detailed and authentic for the same cost as the stern version. The interactivity is what may be trickier if its more than just an on or off command.

#7372 8 years ago

So who thinks adding flourescent colored balls in the captive ball areas would look good?

You could go with all slimer green or mix it up with some of the other colors like pink, blue, orange etc. The artwork on the flyers show flying ghost orbs with trails that have similar colors offered with the flourescent balls.

Maybe try the glow in the dark ones too. However that would require adding a UV spot light somewhere to charge them up.

#7373 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Plugs into the wiring through the boards. (got topper)

Just a 2 wire power and ground or more wires?

#7617 8 years ago

But if you replace all the captive balls you need four. Three for the left and one for the center.

2 weeks later
#8899 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Plus the 2 newton balls. 12 ohh shiny balls required.

Any one know if the newton balls on GB the kind with a threaded rod through them or are they just regular balls trapped within a wireform/plate assembly? Mezelmods sells a colored ball set for ghobstbusters that is 4 balls but I wonder if you'd need 6 to do all of them? Maybe its a bad idea to put one of the colored plastic covered balls as the newton since the coating on the ball might not transfer as much energy to the ball behind it as a harder steel ball would?

newton2_(resized).jpgnewton2_(resized).jpg

newton1_(resized).jpgnewton1_(resized).jpg

#8909 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Hopefully someone receives a Pro soon so we'll know.
I want to replace all at purchase.

Looking at the pics it definitiely looks like its not the style with the shaft through the ball. So maybe mezelmods.com can make a 6 ball set in addition to the 4 ball one. Getting a little pricey at $12 per ball though.

#9170 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm surprised that the spinning disc has been abandoned for so long in pinball. What was the last title that had that feature?

Isn't there one behind/inside the Gene Simmons head on Kiss?

#9555 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Then how does Shadows magnet work? It both attracts (holds the ball in position) and repels ( shoots it into the sanctum).

I think it's all in the timing. This is what i assumed was happening, once the ball is held at a standstill the magnet turns off and the balls begins to roll down away from the magnet. Before it gets too far away the magnet turns on again to pull ball back up and then quickly turns off so as it passes over the now turned off magnet it has enough momentum to keep going towards the lock. I just assumed it always attracted and didn't repel. I think the sanctum wear is from suddenly stopping a fast moving ball to a standstill. Unless the GB slings do that I don't think it will wear as quickly.

#9630 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

From the pic those magnets look like they are on the outside of the slings. I thought they would be inside so as to drag the ball towards the slings then release...

The magnet won't activate until the ball hits the physical switch at the sling rubber. If the magnet was under the sling it wouldn't be able to kick the ball away from the sling like a mechanical sling would. So the magnet needs to be outside the sling. There could be other times where the slings would activate without the sling switch being hit to do specialized ghost tricks.

#9726 8 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

My guess is that there will be a coating applied to the play field glass above the ectogoggles.

I'd be really surprised if Stern makes a unique playfield glass with a special coating.

The little tent thing with the LCD/OLED in it is pointing down so display will just be reflecting off of the disc on the playfield. The disc will need to be coated so that it reflects the image and at the same time lets you see through the disc so you can see the ball as it travels underneath. Just like pinball2000 just smaller.

#9750 8 years ago

It will interesting to see if they put a lens between the lcd and the reflective glass disc below it. In the stern release pics it looks like the simulated ghost image is a bit bigger than the tent holding the display. The cheaper LCD/OLED displays are only 1.4 to 1.7 inches but if they use a lens they could make the ghost effect a little bigger to fill the glass more. Without a lens the ghost image might be pretty small.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 49.95
15,699 (OBO)
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.