IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4897 8 years ago

Can the two GB threads be merged? Not sure why we have 2.

#4899 8 years ago

Although we can't post it here, are there full pics of the playfield (with art) leaked yet?

#5019 8 years ago

"May / 2011 / Tron / LE / $5999"

GD!!!

#5020 8 years ago

I agree - the art looks awesome. Question is will premium be the same?

#5027 8 years ago

Were these really the GOT costs upon release?

September 2015 / Game of Thrones / Pro / $5995
September 2015 / Game of Thrones / Premium / $7595
September 2015 / Game of Thrones / LE / $8795

I ask b/c I see 2 or 3 premiums being sold here from guys that look brand new and they're 6100-6600. That's almost 1k right off the top and it's only 6 months only. Is that typical for these games to lose that much value this early and if so, I might hold off and a "used" one....

#5030 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

April / 2013 / Metallica / LE / $7595
I paid $6800 shipped... To give you some comparison of what stern says and what real world price was

that's a really good deal for LE. where did you buy? I've seen premium quotes for GB at 6800 which seems high if that was your cost for LE.

#5033 8 years ago

do premiums come with shakers and LEDs?

#5047 8 years ago

I would actually buy an LE (if it was avail) however that slimer green is just too much. Much prefer the pro look.

#5106 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya, I feel the same way. I have an LE spot being held but these crazy NIB prices are really making me think about what I'm getting for $5k-$8k. The pro is likely going to lack the right ramp dropping under the playfield and the interactive ghost feature, maybe even the proton pack gun toys as well. Are those items and powder coated armor worth $3k-$3.5k to me? Not really. With the pro we would still get the incredible art package, sounds like the drop targets in the middle of the playfield will still be there, same ramp shots and captive ball whatever gizmo toy (lol).
I'm sure the premium and LE are going to be amazing but I hope that the pro provides a value feel that Metallica Pro does. Some pros just feel lackluster and not worth the asking price but Stern did the opposite with Metallica Pro. I hope the same thing happens with Ghostbusters.

what interactive ghost feature and are you saying there is a PF underneath the main?

I would go LE but really prefer the Pro art over LE. Slimer green is way too much

#5112 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yes slimer is cool.
But for me the slimer green rails and legs just don't do it for me.
Glad to be in the Premium camp on this one.

I'm in the same boat too - over done with the green. In fact I really don't like the powder coat armor option on pins - it makes them look so aftermarket.

btw - if you buy or reserve the pin now, what is the delivery date realistically or is that unknown at this time?

#5118 8 years ago

wait so you think premiums wont be sold at launch here? That would suck.

#5168 8 years ago

any info besides luck/hope on that? Thought they were showing on Friday?

#5179 8 years ago

Damn it - I wish I liked the LE cabinet but I just can't get into it. I would be all over the LE too b/c of the theme but wow - that green is just too much

#5183 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Funny, you just picked 3 of sterns best titles. Might as well throw in ACDC and Tron while you are at it. Will you happily buy a mustang LE, WWELE, TFLE, AVLE, XMENLE, KISSLE for $500 off MSRP?
Plus while the code was still in limbo you could have easily bought ST and MET for 1K or more off the MSRP. Buying an LE and assuming you will break even or make money is a 50% or worse.

Interesting. Do you think the safer bet is to buy Pro and Premium? I ask b/c assume I own the game for only a year (I can only have 2 down in my basement so I rotate) - what financially would be the best one to get (as far as ROI)? Seems like waiting for used is best but I love GB. I would think LE but seems like it's riskier than I thought. Thoughts?

#5363 8 years ago

I really hope this doesn't disappoint. Just imagine if stern can nail the code/rules and feel - combined with one of the best themes....this could be huge.

#5374 8 years ago

so could today be the day??? Although not official I keep on hearing it is so if it's not, going to be a little let down. I just hope we get a lot of gameplay

#5380 8 years ago

speaking of sales numbers, does stern ever do that so we can see what really sold better than others?

#5470 8 years ago

OK - I am really impressed with this package. Yes - no LCD BUT amazing hand drawn work and really looks like a throwback pin. Awesome. Question is - do the premiums ship the same time as everything else or ONLY until LE's sell? I don't like the LE at all.

Also - any confirmation on when this ships?

#5505 8 years ago

so I'm in - just put the deposit down. Hands down the nicest looking modern stern game released. Premium - please be released soon.

#5616 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Game Exchange or Tilt Amusements are the places I would look. PinballPro is good too.

I can second the Tilt Amusement followed by Cointaker (Melissa) if you're closer east.

#5618 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Game Exchange or Tilt Amusements are the places I would look. PinballPro is good too.

I can second the Tilt Amusement followed by Cointaker (Melissa) if you're closer east.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:Any word on what music will be in the game and who is confirmed for custom callouts?

I would also like to know if we have more callouts from the cast members and not just Winston. The stern release says custom call outs from him but I hope that means it's not just him but original movie ones from everyone else, including big bad bill murray

#5652 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I'll be putting a deposit down on a premium today. Looking forward to my first ever NIB purchase.

I'm in the same boat.

As for the negative LE reaction, I totally get it. WAY over board with the green. It just looks tacky IMO. I'm just happy the premium wasn't the LE b/c I would have been out even more money. The premium is one of the nicest pinball arts period. Just recently I noticed that there is marshmallow on the guys on the premium - driving home one of the best "villains" ever in the SPMM! Very slick

#5823 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I asked Stern via Facebook if Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson character audio from the films will be in the game and was told yes! That's great news.

That's awesome! Glad it is - thanks for confirming.

#5958 8 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I don't know maybe I am the only one who seems to like DMD. With custom dots like on Metallica I think they are fantastic. 90 percent of the time you are looking at the playfield. I really don't see why people get so upset about not having an LCD in the back glass. That will drive the price sky high not that it isn't already and people already complain about price. Stern nailed it on this release in every way. This is going to sell like hot cakes.

I agree.

#6069 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

That's because Zuul is inside her! Go watch the movie again. The look and character of Sigorney from the movie is spot on! Seriously...

image_(resized).jpeg

I would agree. In fact I like it as well. I just can't get past the green - it looks bad (IMO) but damn I would buy the LE in two seconds if it was the premium......which is why I put a deposit on for premium. And for why would someone do that? I want to make sure I'm front in line when the premium comes in.

#6171 8 years ago

Thinking of getting a LE now and changing my premium. If you have one available PM me.

#6389 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

That image you showed doesn't look like a spot on likeness of Murray to me... I think the GB translite has a better representation, and neither was intended to be photorealistic. Look to GOT LE if you want photorealistic art.

I have to disagree - this pic that didn't make the pic is spot on where the translite is off a little. it is weird.

#6397 8 years ago

damn seems like people are still finding LE's. If you know of a place, please PM me.

#6504 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

In all these posts, I've only seen one person mention this. Everyone's ok with this?

GB_Apron_(resized).jpg

yeah for some reason I actually really like it - totally remember that from the movie and love rick. this whole package would be 100% perfect if murray wasn't a little "off" on the backglass. Its getting better each time I see it though

#6652 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think so too.. that Rick Moranis drawing has a GTA V feel to it

SPOT ON.

#7218 8 years ago

I'm feeling the gameplay but not sure I'm down with Ernie's callouts. It's like he's off a little or not motivated - not sure how to explain. As for the MB - I love how it starts but where is the call out? SHOWTIME!!!! ; )

I wanted more call outs in general and less repeats. Topper looks terrible, like it's the result of a science project from a 5th grader. Music is good - PF is awesome. Curious why they didn't show the prem table considering their showcasing half of the deal!

#7903 8 years ago

REALLY hope the call outs are in extreme beta b/c they are very limited. hear the same ones over and over.

1 month later
#11643 7 years ago

when is the live video on weds showcasing the premium?

#11787 7 years ago

agreed - the worst call outs are the one recorded recently by Ernie - just doesn't fit or sound natural.

#11896 7 years ago

so the game looks great, slings look fine, love the music but the ernie lines are terrible. It's really a shame b/c the sound is so good otherwise. Also the ecto googles were a big let donw. The ghosts are WAY to small. I was picturing much bigger.

2 months later
#16180 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Home and safe with my GB Le.

I love this pic. Well done.

#16278 7 years ago

I believe there are a ton more call outs in the code so maybe a new code release will change it up.

#16408 7 years ago

So is there new code or no? If there is new code, what are the changes?

#16508 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Video of my LE:
» YouTube video
Special thanks to Pinball Supernova for filming it and helping out with setting up the game.

nice video - love these types especially as I wait patiently for my premium.

#16511 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Got a chance to put some time on a GB Pro this weekend; the game is pretty fantastic. I was on the fence with GB and TWD, but now I'm pretty sold on GB. As everyone knows, it's a beautiful looking machine. The theme is also a winner for me. The flipper gap didn't bother as much as expected, but it may have helped that the outlines were as closed as possible with the posts. I heard from some on here about the right ramp being kind of poor, but I really enjoyed it. It's a tight shot, but easily doable. Yeah the ball goes up before it comes around to the flipper, but it's integrated nicely with earning more ghosts the further it goes up. I thought the game flowed nice and was rather smooth with the spinner shot, left ramp, and inlane shot. The storage facility multi all is easily achievable and is not an issue IMO. The modes seemed cool with nice integrated shots. I love how the arrows are uyilized, makes knowing what to go for very apparent unlike other games. My only real issue is that some of the call outs are used too often and the PKE lanes are hard to see.
I was sold on a premium, but I really enjoyed the Pro, I'm kinda second guessing which one I should order now. Great game, hopefully Stern will get its S together with the playfields so I can order one.

I had a similar experience - liking the game more than expected and decided to buy NIB. I went premium b/c why not get more of what you love. Felt like if I bought pro, I would be second guessing myself the entire time considering pro isn't cheap either. If you're in Ks, why not spend a little more and get the ultimate GB experience. My thoughts anyway. I did hold myself from spending more Ks for the LE b/c it wasn't more game - just cosmetics.

#16621 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I seems some of the music in the modes is "inspired" by the equivalent song from the movie. "We Got One" sounds similar to "Cleaning Up The Town" and there is a similar "Saving The Day" inspired track later.
I'll be adding Bobby Brown's "Own Our Own" with Pinball Browser, probably replacing Parker's song when the game is over. Parker's instrumental version is already played during the game, so it's represented plenty already.

wait - can you do this for free and no mods? Get out of here. Is it like pinsound? Can you add voice clips too?

1 week later
#16809 7 years ago

awesome to see a premium out in the wild. Cant wait to get mine.

2 weeks later
#17079 7 years ago

wow - some strong statements there. I'm down with Trent (ordered from him). GB2 is not a shit movie though. Not great but def good. I recently watched it and it has such 80s charm. Statue of liberty with the NES controller? cmon man. You have to love it!

#17082 7 years ago

haha - OK then. Just someone who is extremely excited to get Ghostbusters (first NIB)!

4 weeks later
#17317 7 years ago

Are there more callouts / audio clips from the movie?

#17320 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I haven't found any added audio, just easier to hear voices.

damn I was hoping a lot of the clips found in the current code would have been put to use.

#17383 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Love the software update. Funny story:
My GB pro is in the lobby of the game studio I work at. Its a large corporate feeling mostly concrete and hard surfaced kitchen/common area that echos all throughout the building. We have roughly 200 people working here on multiple floors, so I keep my GB volume down to '1' so as not to disturb too many people. Even so, its very loud and echos anyway in that room because of all the hard surfaces.
So I update the software, turn my volume back down to 1, and start playing a few games. You can imagine my surprise/horror when I shot the left scoop, and my machine went dark to the sound of awful noises. The volume then turned itself back up to default settings, and a Banshee began screaming at ear splitting volume. I cant describe to you how insanely loud and horrible that noise was in our quiet concrete corporate building. people on multiple floors heard it. everyone froze. people wondered if someone just died. Security was not amused.
the 'random scare' feature I didn't give much thought to in the build notes.... yea... that has now been turned off.

That's hilarious!

3 weeks later
#17462 7 years ago

What is the strategy here when not using timed out mode? Skill shot to start scene who brought the dog? I still can't figure out how to get mb in this game! I need to read the rules

#17473 7 years ago

I also don't notice the gap and it very rarely impacts my game.

2 weeks later
#17562 7 years ago

Would someone mind taking a over the top camera shot of ecto goggles? I want to make sure moves in the right position.

1 month later
#17676 7 years ago

prob my fav mod yet!!! ecto cooler! It's a magnet from ebay - $5 and stays on by itself.

20170107_203055 (resized).jpg20170107_203055 (resized).jpg
20170107_203100 (resized).jpg20170107_203100 (resized).jpg

#17694 7 years ago

Wait so are guys skipping pke skill shot for scene?

#17725 7 years ago

so with ghostbusters out for some time, has zombie ever explained why his bill murray changed to look less like Bill in the final art?

1 month later
#17850 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

So if I buy a new pro today will I still have all these issues? I've play an upgraded pro with center post and a few other things. Definitely a fast and fun game.
Where is best place to buy? Seems like direct from stern is $500 more than anywhere else.

pitts here and got mine from Trent (Tilt Amusement). Very happy with transaction and no issues whatsoever with the table/PF if that matters (bought in Sept). As many said though, a lot of other good choices (Cointaker, etc).

#17878 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game should have came with a center post for sure, it would have made it more fun. I'm just funny about adding it though because I like to play games the way that they were intended to be played. I shouldn't be that way but I can't help it.

I feel the SAME exact way. I actually own the center post but felt funny installing it b/c that's not how the game should be played. It's like using game genie on a videogame. Something about it kills me.

...and it's not the same as adding protection, etc. That doesn't directly impact like a center post would. With all that said of course you can do whatever you want as you bought it but for me, i cant.

I also installed those side blades from stern and they make a big diff. Can't even imagine not having them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.