IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#864 8 years ago

The Fly was far from forgotten. It's just that 1958 seemed like ancient history to us when we were kids in the 80s.

The end of The Fly "help me...help me!" Is still pretty iconic.

1 month later
#2922 8 years ago

Yes, anybody has seen them.

And by that I mean everybody.

Looks cool to me.

#2980 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Certainly looks like a bit of a throwback to the "as much 3d crap as we can put on the playfield" era of Dirty Harry and BSD. Looking forward to playing this one!

#3463 8 years ago
Quoted from BlackKnight:

According to 'World Of The Psychic" with Peter Venkman, the end of the world is 2/14/2016. Sounds like a good time to release a new pin (if this has already been posted, my apologies)...
» YouTube video

This just isn't catching on like "back to the future Day."

Why did a little piece of one terrible sequel to a great movie go viral, and another didn't?

We may never know.

1 month later
#5511 8 years ago

Looks great. Harkens back to immersive, "looks like they spent too much money" 90s Williams designs. I love plastic 3D cityscapes and such.

#5529 8 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

.....and let the game purging begin.....

People predict this every new release and it never happens. You never see a sudden drop in market prices or mass sell offs. Everybody just buys it and adds it to their collection.

#5761 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Having magnet slings instead of conventional slingshots might prove to be a very good decision. Less moving parts and you can ramdomize the strength of the push / pull of the magnets as well as making the ball go in unexpected patterns.

Yeah, changing something that worked really well for about 60 years over to magnets sounds like a fabulous idea.

We all know we've never seen any wear or burn problems with magnets on a pinball machine before.

I would think this is a gimmick for this particular game, not something we'll see on the reg.

#5825 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I asked Stern via Facebook if Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson character audio from the films will be in the game and was told yes! That's great news.

That is good news. Look, it's nice they got Ernie Hudson, but having him dominate the game the way McCoy did on Star Trek would be a bit of a mistake. In the end he was just a small part of an ensemble cast. Get him to do the pinball specific stuff and pepper the game liberally with quotes from the movie and you've got something cooking.

#6182 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

we keep posting about amazing artwork, toys and theme but
Am I the only one going nuts about the fact that the game has 6 balls?
If I recall on an hurlier code Avengers LE had a 6 balls hulk multiball and with the lightshow I was going crazy. It's insane and fun. Now they changed Hulk multiball to 5 balls on a more polish code. But still awesome.
if they use a 6 balls multiball on GB........bustin makes me feel good baby

anything beyond 4 ball multiball is a total novelty. Hard to get excited about that.

1 month later
#11718 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If I ran a pinball company, I would only make one model and our slogan would be "Every game we make is the Premium version." Stern's motto should be "Would you like to super-size that for just $1700 more?"

When Stern was working it that way, they were churning out chintzy poop like CSI, 24, and WPT, and teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.

Now they are killing it.

I have a hunch their multitiered, cash-grabbing ways may have something to do with that.

#11720 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

The les almost always have major flaws let's take a recap

TWD- Left ramp ok not near as smooth as the pro

I do prefer the lifting ramp on TWD LE it's way cooler. But yes flawed design which they tried to solve by putting that plastic airball protector in.

And then they screwed THAT design up - it should have dampening grommets in it but it doesn't, so it either loosens and falls off (depositing a post or two into the ball trough and rendering game unplayable) or you screw it in tight and it shatters off. We put rubber grommets in ours and to fix that.

People seem to think they design the LE first and then strip it down for the pro but I'm almost sure it's the other way around, given the shoe-horned in nature of the "upgrades" and their penchant for issues.

Given the obvious shortcuts in testing and design Stern made to get GB Pro out the door quick (which are obvious when playing the game), I can only imagine there will be a number of LE defects and hiccups we are going to see with all the crowbarred in upgrades.

#11730 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It's not a matter of thinking - most of the designers said exactly what they do.

Well it sure doesn't tend to feel that way from the finished result.

So yeah, I think they are lying to juice LE sales.

#11734 7 years ago

Ghostbusters 2 was dull, unfunny, unmemorable, and generally sucked ass.

This will never change.

#11966 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Overall the game looks to be incredible. I can now easily see Ghostbusters going down as a top 10 pin as the code continues to develop.

Nah, I think it's probably gonna be #1! Why so hard on it?

3 months later
#16751 7 years ago

How about making add-a-ball a little easier to achieve on multiball?

The GB mb makes no sense to me. I've given up trying to score "jackpots" and now I just whack away at the captive ball to see if I can get an add-a-ball. SOmetimes I get one sometimes I don't. Either way it's a pain in the ass and way too difficult.

The software on this game is still a mess in my opinion and needs a ton of refinement.

Another HUGE pet peeve of mine...loopin' supers.

It's the BEST THING IN THE GAME, at least the most fun, yet, the lame software screws it up in many ways. Loopin' Supers needs to be it's own thing. Something you can't start in multiball, where it's impossible to make anything of it, and something that -once started - superscedes everything else. How friggin' lame is it to start loopin supers, only to make one loop and have the ball sent into the negative reinforcement hole for whatever reason, and then ejected. Good luck getting your loopin supers going again.

So many things need to be ironed out in this game's software.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.