IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobraclutch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern is on the list of vendors for CES 2016 (January 6th-9th) so I'm thinking they will reveal it there. Stern did reveal WWE at this years CES. I don't see Stern announcing a vault edition of a game at CES which is intended for new products.

That's a good call. Especially if they are finally revealing the LCD. I am pretty sure they used CES to announce spike. The addition of the LCD would make complete sense at an electronics show.

#690 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

With a standard sized backglass like that, where does the LCD go?

Stern wouldn't do the pro with a dmd and the LE with an LCD, right?

. . . RIGHT?!?!

(I know, two different animations and coding etc. just making a joke on gimping features)

#1113 8 years ago

Did the whitewood and cad images show up on pinside (and presumably get taken down)? Anyone know where else to find them?

3 weeks later
#1989 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Oh yeah and this will be full featured so the speculation can stop with that. Innovation 10 fold.

What does that even mean?!

#1993 8 years ago

It means that there is a lot of innovation put into this pin minus LCD, you'll all be surprised and excited. I'm excited for the reveal to see what you guys say.

It just seemed so vague. No one was really speculating there would be a lack of features. And "innovation 10 fold" provides no specifics. What do you know about the release date?

#1997 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

features on this game are far beyond the games of recent years. J.T. has hit a home run with this one.

things that haven't been done in a pin before, all of it is amazing.

I feel like the same was said for GoT . . .

#2000 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

features on this game are far beyond the games of recent years.

Not even the same cobra. GB features will speak for themselves.

2 weeks later
#2691 8 years ago

Where did the magnetic slings rumor come from? That sounds like an awful idea. Not only would it not accomplish the same function as a sling but I feel like it would be unreliable.

#2693 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, seems like a lot of effort for little/no gain.
Unless it's designed to randomize the ball more. But so close to the drain - ouch.

Right?! I just see balls getting nudged towards the drain rather than actually bouncing like a normal sling would. Magnets could not react the same way.

#2698 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

Have you played TWD? Those magnets can positively launch the ball.
Edit: bottom line is I'd be excited to try magnetic slings if Stern likes them. Maybe they'd work for me, maybe they wouldn't, but I would have no idea until I get to try this sort of thing out!

I agree, TWD magnets can put some stank on a ball, but I feel like that is often during a rollover when the ball isn't at full momentum, or after the ball has bounced off of something (barn). I can't see a ball coming down a playfield, bouncing into a magnet and kicking back with the same velocity as a sling. But I could be wrong. I would love to see Stern prove me wrong with some crazy.

#2740 8 years ago

Really?!

#2857 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Out of respect of Stern and their employees, and the ones who work to pay bills and take care of their families. I'd request that link be taken down.
Someone no doubt will be fired over such a big leak.
Sharing and showing privately among friends is respected, but a public leak of this magnitude is not cool. There is a lot of talented and cool people at Stern, sad to see someone lose a job over this.

This "leak" hardly shows anything that wasn't already on Star_gazer's mock-up, a mock-up that you were pushing along with "warmer/colder" hints. Besides that, weren't you the one that originally posted the whitewood before it was confirmed?

#2858 8 years ago

For the record, nothing against, mnpinball, it just seems silly to be so open with bits and pieces then calling foul when someone confirms them.

#2910 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Right scoop is now gone, right upper ramp slightly moved up, slings are now standard with kicker arms. The magnet rumor can now be squashed.

Soooo who's getting fired for that info?

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, I am struggling to spot "10x innovation" in this pin. Is it purely the "peppers ghost" feature?

#2919 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

3,000 post circle jerk. I pity the foo who starts reading this thread from the beginning and realizes this far in there was nothing to see.

To be fair, it is a speculation thread. But to be even more fair, there have been many a sneak peeks that made it past moderators for a few seconds.

#3007 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to buy a colordmd for my Hulk and move my green Hulk DMD to a Ghostbusters.

I would like to think stern knows better than to green that entire machine and still use red dots . . .

#3027 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

What I love about Ghostbusters (and this is rare) is nobody is seeing ANYTHING and saying, "Well, that's it, I'm out!" It's gonna sell like hotcakes.

That's sort of a disconnected statement. Is nobody jumping ship because of the theme or that Stern hasn't made any missteps so far? The "I am out"s from before were all a result of lazy art or tame palyfields. I agree it will sell like crazy, but what you "love about ghostbusters" shouldn't be that Stern hasn't dropped the ball yet.

#3231 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

100% of the time they ruin the playfield artwork with that big screen in the middle.

That 100% could only be considered accurate because we have only seen one game, and even then it's in the eye of the beholder. FTH was their first attempt at a game, and the first game with an LCD in the palyfield so I give them a little leeway. I don't think an LCD in the playfield ruins the art by default. I think if incorporated correctly it could work.

#3234 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Not sure why everyone is complaining like this isn't already common knowledge.

Because not doing GOT and GB with actual video is a missed opportunity.

#3330 8 years ago

Pinball? Yes? Movie? No. Perhaps it's best he left this mortal coil before witnessing the abortion that is coming this summer.

That's twice now you've called something you haven't seen an "abortion". Give it a rest and let a new generation decide if they like it or not.

Also, perhaps it's best that Harold Ramis is dead? Are you kidding me? I am sure that will get brushed off as a joke but seriously, they're remaking a movie, it's not that sacred. Relax.

#3339 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Sounds like you are seizing the moment to be sanctimonious. Robocop reboot sucked, Total Recall reboot sucked, the new Ghostbusters looks like it is gonna suck. It just looks like a bad idea. You can't remake something and expect all the people that love and grew up on the original to embrace a total makeover.So now you want to label a bunch of the guys that love the original as women haters or something? Give me a break.

The key there is you saw (I assume) those movies before you made your judgment. So far nobody has seen the new Ghostbusters and is already lambasting it and as I type this I realize I am on pinside so premature judgments is the norm.

#3406 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Every 1980's movie reboot has failed, with the exception of Karate Kid. \

I feel like that's the second time you've specifically referenced, and praised the Karate Kid reboot on here. I haven't seen it. Is it that good?!? Doesn't it replace "wax on, wax off" with the much cheekier "jacket on, JACKET OFF"?!

#3446 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ya know, Thats one steep ramp....do you think balls will come back SDTM?
For the Ghost, a "Peppers Ghost". I know some...But is that always with a mirror,
or does it look like its intent is to be projected by a light pipe of some kind?
Of course, a big question for me is knowing that the renders are old, is for anyone who
does know...how far off are they?

Also, do we know where this ghost is being projected?

#3648 8 years ago

I heard a rumor there was going to be a Ghostbusters pin. Anyone know anything about it?

#3689 8 years ago

So yeah, ghostbusters. What's the theory on the laser beams? Who's got insider info on that? Do we know if the drop targets are actually hiding the memory game cards? How big is the peppers ghost effect going to be? Will Stay puft have some movement or just be stationary? Let's get back on track here.

#3723 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Maybe Stern was planning to announce in conjunction with JJPs TH finally shipping at the turn of the year (as promised) to take some wind of out their sails. But now, since no Hobbits have shipped (except test machines) they aren't feeling the rush.
Actually, scratch that. There's no way Stern would try to cordinate around JJPs schedule- hell- it seems Jack doesn't even know when Th will ship, much less Stern trying to second guess it for a PR win.
Right now, Stern has zero real competition for buyers who want product with less than a 3 year lead time. Why should they rush as long as their assembly lines are running at full capacity (and I would guess they are right now).

To be honest, I was kinda wondering if the Lebowski pics from DP would spark any new info "leaking". . .

#3898 8 years ago

Cast-photo looks like the last-place team at a cosplay contest.

ghostbusters2016_large_(resized).jpg

Are you saying that cause of the cast or because of the suits? This picture provides no context, they are wearing generic jumpsuits, notice no logos. It's not some official release (in before "because it has the actors in it, unlike the shitty teaser'), it's from someone snooping on the set.

I am not saying I think it's going to be a good movie, but thats because I haven't seen it and it would be, and is absurd to draw any conclusions form a single unsolicited picture.

#3900 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I think they forgot who they are targeting with this movie....
Guys are not going to flock to see a remake of a beloved movie with 4 unattractive woman portraying the roles....

It's shit like this that tips the scales from "they're ruining my favorite movie" to "women can't do things".

They are targeting people who watch movies. They aren't targeting old dudes who loved the original movie. That movie still exists. Watch that at home by yourself on opening day of the new one.

This is for a new generation of humans of all ages. Again, I am not promising some amazing blockbuster, I am just being reasonable with judgements sight un-seen.

#3917 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Lol.
So "looks" or "attractiveness" is off limits in hollywood? Gimmeabreak.
"Women can't do things"? - wow- victim-card played to perfection! Kudos!
I'm not talking about hiring one of them to answer phones in my office, we're talking about a piece of silly entertainment.... Sorry to shock you with the fact that the standards are different!

"Looks" or "attractiveness" are only considered when it's female leads. Did you see the original ghosbusters because Dan Akroyd is such a hunk?! They were all nerdy average dudes. You're hinging the new female leads' abilities entirely based on their looks. I am not playing any cards. You straight up said they are unattractive so they wont be any good. Standards shouldn't be different.

#3919 8 years ago

Lowepg's idea of a "good" reboot.

R880534_(resized).jpgR880534_(resized).jpg

#3922 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Wrong.
I didn't "straight-up" (?) say THEY wouldn't be any good. I said *I* would not be attracted to that movie based on the casting.... I plead guilty to the "old-white dude whose likes to watch attractive women" label. I know that kind of Neanderthal mentality is frowned upon nowadays, but, I don't give a shit.
Let's face it- they didn't just randomly pick 4 actors they thought we good in the role- they bent over backwards to reboot it with all women. Fine. That's their choice, my choice is to say No.

Excuse me. You simply implied the only value a female has is their appearance. That feels a double standard since you didn't go see the original because of how attractive the men were (I am assuming . . .).

I would hope that you could look past their appearance and see it for their comedic abilities before you make any judgments. That's all.

#3924 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't think the movie will be good because I don't find them to be funny. I didn't like Bridesmaids and I find McCarthy to be repulsive in everything I have seen her in. I did like the SNL skit that McKinnon appeared in on SNL called Dykes & Fats.

And that's valid. This movie is comedy and should be judged as such. Not a pinup contest.

#3935 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Wait, I implied or "straight-up said?" - eye roll.
In your fevered defense of the all-women ghostbusters, I see you later deemed another persons critique as "justified" - whew- that's a relief! Nothing worse than an opinion not justified by the PC Police!
So, let me be more specific- in the hopes I can get your approval for my opinion (and, finally sleep at night).
I think McCartney is a beast. I don't like her brand of gross humor. Also not a fan of the other chick from SNL...
They are clearly making this a "chick flick"- pretty obvious given the director and half the cast from Bridesmaids.... I think that's crap as well....

I deemed that critique valid because it was an opinion on the comedy, not their appearance. You're argument until your last post had been that you don't want to see it because the actresses are ugly.

And get that PC nonsense out of here, I am just trying to be reasonable. I am not saying this movie will be good but I am saying judge it for the right reasons, not because the actresses don't do if for you sexually.

And if that's your basis for a good ghostbuster movie, which of the original ghostbusters did you find the sexiest? Was it Dan with those pouty lips? Or Bill with his lovable widows peak??

ghostbusters_(resized).jpgghostbusters_(resized).jpg

#3946 8 years ago

Men doing a man's job and being funny at it.

So only men can catch ghosts. Got it . . .

https://media.giphy.com/media/YMG7kgr5zvRo4/giphy.gif

#4005 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of the greatest films ever were sequels.
Silence of the Lambs. Best movie ever
Indiana Jones Last Crusade
Godfather 2

Quoted from lowepg:

SOTL is questionably considered a sequel... But yeah - phenomenal movie.
A few other sequels that perhaps exceeded their predessor:
Empire Strikes Back
Wrath of Khan
Road Warrio.

Also, Terminator 2.

#4013 8 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

4010 Posts of wich maybe 10 are 'speculating' and the rest are a complete waste of time... and I read them all!!! -_-;

Anyways... what's the actual speculation when whis thing will be revealed, now that valentine's over (and all we got was a teaser for a trailer)? 24th (in memory of Harold Ramis)?

I thought people were saying Texas Pinball fest, so late march?

#4283 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Leaks were not deliberate. Announcement coming any day now.

what are you basing that on?

#4284 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I can't wait to see the whole machine. I found this little sliver of PF...
[link removed by moderator]
This could be the best looking Stern ever?

LEAK!!! BAN HIM!!!!1

kidding. I hadn't noticed before, and its likely due to the crop of a cellphone pic or something but that GI light almost looks painted.

1 week later
#4730 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

What if the official announcement of a Ghostbuster's pinball machine is hindered by some restriction in the product licensing department? Why would they allow merchandise announcements before the movie anyway? Isn't it usually the other way around, because the movie production is where the licensing stems from in the first place? Hollywood and license holders don't want others to bury the big movie release with hashtags related to the pinball game and other merchandise. The big movie is what launches the craze for related merchandise.

Are you talking about the original two movies or the remake coming out soon?

#4828 8 years ago

If the ad is any indication that backglass is final. Murray still looks kinda dopey . . .

#4834 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

When did Bill Murray ever not look dopey?
» YouTube video

Maybe dopey wasn't accurate. FalconPunch is more on track with the pouty, duck-face look.

It's almost like this was the source material, but more puckered up.

I know I am splitting hairs, everything else thus far has looked amazing, but Murray just stands out.

ghostbuster-1024_(resized).jpgghostbuster-1024_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#5532 8 years ago

Is it just me or were they doing full-motion-video animations in that teaser? Or do they normally do animations like that and then dot-ize it?

#5544 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So where did this end up?

image_(resized).jpg

That's what I am wondering! Is this normal practice for DMD animations? To do full 3 renderings then flatten them?

#5592 8 years ago

Really interesting in seeing these mag-slings in action . . .

#5600 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Features Matrix!!! Attached
JJ

Ghostbusters_Features_Matrix.pdf

What is "Public Library Butyrate"?!

#6837 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

In the video the rear legs and butt moved up and down and switched from front to side view... I would say I'm 90% sure it was mechanical that didn't make the cut

image_(resized).jpg

It would be a weird choice on their part to highlight something so significant that wasn't going to be making it into the final game. Having said that, if it is for the ecto-goggles, that seems like a lot of detail for a 2 inch hologram. . .

#6903 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I hope your right and we will be able to get cross your streams!

Screen_Shot_2016-03-14_at_10.22.51_AM_(resized).png

I asked it in the other thread and I'll ask it again here, does anyone actually know what this mode is/was?! Everyone wants it but nobody seems to be able to explain it short of an ambiguous CAD image that tells us nothing.

#7260 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

The thing that got to me was "ok, who brought the dog" mode. Got tired of hearing that.

And that animation . . .

1 week later
#8503 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I think everyone who says that this ramp will be too steep or the topper is bad is just hoping this pin fails for some reason.

They're discussing pinball. In a forum. That's what were all here for. Anyone getting defensive over a simple question or a topper critique is coming off as fanboy-ish and likely seeing things through ecto-goggle glasses.

1 week later
#9138 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Was that spray painted on with a stencil?!

#9144 8 years ago

Sorry, was the negative space of that cut-out spray painted?

#9145 8 years ago

I think this will look a lot better in person.

I am shocked.

#9473 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Because at a certain point in production you just gotta go with what you have or you'll never make deadlines

Especially when things start leaking . . .

#9586 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Pure speculation and talking out of your.....

To be fair, this WAS a speculation thread before it was "real". And until anyone has any real input on the magna slings all we can do is speculate.

It's become a fun back-and-forth of people curiously discussing a new feature in a game and people who are die-hard Ghostbuster fans calling those people crazy for even thinking that the pin will be anything but perfect.

#9685 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

-The Ecto goggles are going to be one of the coolest features, barely talked about now, but will really 'bring the machine to life'

Isn't this like a silver dollar sized image we are going to see? While I really like the idea and can't wait to see it in action, I am struggling to see such a tiny animation bring the whole machine to life. If anything ZY already did that.

#9695 8 years ago

Now, when you guys say "hover", you do realize its just projected ON that circular lens, right?

#9699 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope. It's below.

I thought it was projected down onto that lens to appear as if its below it. Right?

#9702 8 years ago

I hope you guys that keep using the word "hover" aren't expecting this . . .

starwars_(resized).jpgstarwars_(resized).jpg

#9710 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But the game isn't using the plastic pyramid on top so it won't be anywhere near like that.

That was my thought too. From what I can tell, the "ECTO GOGGLES" box houses a screen, the reflective disc sits below it and mirrors what the screen plays. No extra dimensions, no full-on holograms.

I want to stress that I am not try to pooh-pooh the idea, just not getting any grandiose ideas.

#9717 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea but it could be like one of these hologram frogs. many of us have these things and they work great with no technology.

holofrog_(resized).jpg

No technology but a lot of curved mirrors.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if it's just an image in the glass, it's going to lame. I picture something like the aliens in RFM

holofrog_(resized).jpg

but those were just images on glass . . .

#9719 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but the curved mirrors were only needed to project the picture of the 3d item inside. if you are projecting into a lens, it could be different.
and they are images on glass, but appear to project down into the game. Hence why the big magnifying glass over the top. could have the same effect.

The ghosts on the glass will be (from my understanding) the same as the aliens on the glass. Only, instead of the whole glass that covers the playfield being the reflector, it will be that circular piece of glass.

Think of it as a tiny version of this. . . Only on a circular piece of glass of course.

Revenge2_(resized).jpgRevenge2_(resized).jpg

#9815 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's a reference to crossing the streams.

Way to keep those secrets under wraps . . .

#10194 8 years ago

I liked the idea of slings that acted normal for a majority of play but would act up for modes and special moments. To have such sporadic movement (and really slowing down the ball, often bringing it to a complete stop) throughout seems like it could get old. Especially when it causes drains.

1 week later
#10965 7 years ago

Pro just landed in Portland, OR. Sadly this was taken as I was on my way to work. Will know how it plays in just over eight hours . . .

#10966 7 years ago

Apparently that is #2 in the area. The recently opened Quarter World set theirs up yesterday.

#11426 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

As far as mainstream media coverage goes, the movie crushed the pinball machine in coverage.

Was there any doubt? I think everything beat the machine in coverage. Regardless of how much all of us are refreshing Pinside for updates this is still a very niche market.

#11759 7 years ago

So I am thinking that 1 way hinge (sorry, not sure on the official term) that leads into the Ecto-goggles is far enough ahead that it will trigger the exploding ghost animation in the goggles as the ball travels underneath. . . if that makes any sense.

#11796 7 years ago

Stern doing a pre-stream stream, and just saw the Slimer mech drag over the rails to get in place.

1 week later
#12615 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In the Video, I believe Slimer raises and lowers when leaving the buildings in the LE/Premium.
Is this correct?
I cant imagine they left the up and down motion completely out.
I think the code we see now is just right and left, and hope/believe/imagine, that with additional code there will be modes where it goes up and down, parking its ass in front of a shot as well.

From what I can tell he simply rotates out of the pops. There is a single rod that he extends from the playfield and it looks like it is sitting at little bit of an angle. He just goes back and forth around it.

I noticed because he drags over the rail next to the newton (i think) in order to get out, which seems very lazy and could lead to wear and tear.

#12617 7 years ago

If you look closely you can see him drag over the newton.

#12641 7 years ago

I'm perfectly chill!
Just think the Slimer "brushing" thing is a bit blown out of proportion.

Of course you do; this machine can do no wrong!

It's not being blown out of proportion, it's being discussed. It is an odd design choice and to me it comes of as corner-cutting.

#12646 7 years ago

This is how JT originally the game.

"Something is missing . . . I know, let's have Slimer drag across this part of the playfield. Perfect!"
~John Trudeau

hence the limited up and down Slimer.

Rather than the limited left and right? I would almost wager the pro mech is more complicated than the premium since it's just a spinning rod.

rod_(resized).jpgrod_(resized).jpg

#12724 7 years ago

And you'd wager wrong....

What are you basing that on? Just because of the models they are in?

#12734 7 years ago

So you're suggesting that when Stern made choices about what features to downgrade for the Pro in order to reduces its BOM, they put in a more complicated and expensive mechanical piece?

Slightly more complicated? Possibly. More expensive? No. None of us know all the details behind the production of this pin, but we do know Stern knows how to make a buck.

Besides, having fancy side-to-side motion in the prem/le could easily make the consumer think they're justified paying a few thousand dollars more for the "upgrade".

#12766 7 years ago

I'm only poping . . . "let the sleeping dog lie".

Pope-Francis_(resized).pngPope-Francis_(resized).png

1 week later
#13154 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Tell that to Gary Stern, I believe if he decided to sell pinball machines to only operators for location use, then they would be out of business.

That's why he doesn't. He sells to everyone, hence multiple price points. I would imagine that many operators would lean towards the pro since it's cheaper, easier to maintain and therefore more of a money maker. Granted there aren't as many arcades as there were 20 years ago so those who used to go out to play will stay at home. Which is why some of the "lite" models will go to consumers too. Not everyone can spend 8 grand on a machine, not matter how much of the designer's true vision is involved. I don't get why you have to put-down the pro model. Spend your money how you want to and don't worry about anyone else.

#13250 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Aftermarket shooter rod shown on Stern Live Feed!

Is that just a sticker on there?!

1 week later
#13531 7 years ago

I don't know if there is something in particular with the Ghostbuster's fan-base, but I feel like this theme has really brought the jerks out of the woodworks. From telling other people how to feel about games to questioning their ability to play, the defenders of this game need to lighten up.

And it's "whine" people. Get it right. All your typos of "wine" make me want a drink.

#13590 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I got some Ecto Cooler, too:

With the box set on the shelf lol. Serious fan.

1 week later
#14104 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

That kid didnt do to bad at all, i thought this was the hardest game since sliced bread?

Came here to say the same thing. Kid responds to all of the negative pinside comments on the machine's first game.

#14507 7 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

I thought the LE actually felt more controllable (for some reason)..

Magna slings not being as active as the regulars on the pro?

#14572 7 years ago

Now, would this be the third time Kirk was ejected form his own thread? Or just the second?

#14636 7 years ago

Wrong again.
KIRK_(resized).pngKIRK_(resized).png

3 weeks later
#15441 7 years ago

Man, I know it's been said before, but I really wish stern would put a LITTLE more effort into incorporating that LE "plaque". I also know that saving money is the name of the game at stern but when customers are paying top dollar for these machines you would think they could something nicer. It looks like such an afterthought.

1 month later
#16972 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

So is this the modern version of a gobble hole?
http://i.imgur.com/h3i0YEm.mp4
Put in probably thirty games on the new GB Pro at the Seattle Pinball Museum. It was fun not having to worry about losing quarters constantly but the game still feels kinda...idk, blah? The "scenes" are so joyless and it still feels like nothing's really happening. The quotes from the movie are still super out of place, too - it's remembered as a wacky comedy sci-fi movie, but it's also a very low-key one, so all the quotes are dry and mumbled. It's like making an Annie Hall pin. Great flow, though. The scoop goof-up very gradually fixed itself, and later I saw the playfield up and being worked on so hopefully that won't be an issue in the future, but oy, what an issue!

I just broke my monitor at work by slapping the side of it trying to nudge that shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobraclutch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=cobraclutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.