IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
IMG_0574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7147 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 (1) (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #16991 Photos of the Bally ribbed flippers installed on GB Posted by sparechange1974 (7 years ago)

Post #17069 Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by MNPinner (7 years ago)

Post #17076 More Custom Instruction Cards for GB Posted by Phbooms (7 years ago)

Post #17189 Photos/details on PREM/LE Library building installed on the Pro Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #17242 Mod Idea - light projector for under cabinet lighting Posted by Daniml (7 years ago)

Post #17277 Copy of release v1.10 release notes for GB Posted by Arcade (7 years ago)

Post #17329 Video on how to backup the SD card on the Spike System Posted by wiggy07 (7 years ago)

Post #17349 Player tip on how to play the Dont Cross the Streams video mode Posted by TimeBandit (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chucksmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17375 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So an advice is backup before you install, so you can get back to the 1.05 version.
Or just wait a while. Seems the best advice imho with the complete Ghostbusters pinball. Just wait a year.....

How do you backup your Ghostbusters pinball update 1.05 ?

4 weeks later
#17484 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Here you go I have them set to print on at 4x6 then just trim off the white excess. Enjoy!!

Printed... Beautiful ! These are sharp looking cards ! Thank you.

2nd the vote for a Staypuft / Gozer card. But for now these are going into my Premium-GB.

#17495 7 years ago

Great product -
Just installed the PBL external volume control for Stern systems. Super easy to do (took about 10-15 min)
Only tools needed: Adjustable wrench to remove the plug and a side-cutter for the zip-ties.
Now I don't need to get the key or open the door, plus family members can adjust the volume easily.

20161112_164051 (resized).jpg20161112_164051 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#17523 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

moved "coil power" to soft

Which update do you see this in? Which screen? I have not seen a setting for this in my Premium 1.05.

I have lowered the left hole ejector to 20 and the right-role ejector is still 50.
My airballs are all at the ghost target, 2X, & 3X
OldPinGuy Airball protector installed.

Yesterday I hit 3X and the ball flew up and landed in the right wire ramp. How's that for a skill-shot-

#17525 7 years ago

I wonder if this is a fairly new change from Stern . I'm seeing this more & more on people's machines now.
Notice the tab over the left scoop.
It would make sense since the tab could aid in holding the led away from the scoop's metal fin.
scoop plastic e2 xtend (resized).jpgscoop plastic e2 xtend (resized).jpg

#17529 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone know what the point of this bracket on the sling plastics is?

I was thinking these might be spare parts for the operator. I don't know why Stern would leave on un-needed parts in the design. (cost savings and all). The idea of taking off something (proton back) yet leaving brackets which also add cost is a little strange, unless they had plans to offer it as an accessory. But that wont happen now, so now we have to ask, "Do the newest made machines still have these extra brackets?"

#17564 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

mine too. played probably a dozen games before we saw the behavior. I had heard about this bug in another thread, and had held off on updating for about a week or so before I took the plunge. lots of other folks said they have had no problems with the flipper in 1.11... but i think if you play it enough you'll eventually have the issue. Since its code related, theres probably a certain combination of things that have to happen first for the flipper to drop out, hence it not happening to everybody right away.

Anyone posting about a 1.11 bug -- Please list Pro or Premium/LE. The codes are different and it seems as if Premium is not having the bug while pro is, but its unclear since most people do not specify Pro or prem/le.

#17565 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would someone mind taking a over the top camera shot of ecto goggles? I want to make sure moves in the right position.

Not sure what you are looking for but here you go...
20161008_220039 (resized).jpg20161008_220039 (resized).jpg
eg1 (resized).jpgeg1 (resized).jpg

#17574 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

CHuck call stern and get the free Scott goggle protector

I called my distributor and requested the part. I did this because I've been told Stern prefers we call the distributor, but doing so may slow down the process and who knows if a given Dist. will call Stern today or next week. Not sure how Stern feels about all of us calling in directly requesting the fix kits.

1 week later
#17585 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok, so I am close to ordering and really torn between the Pro and Premium.
I am aware of what the physical differences are, but perhaps someone could chime in and tell me if there are any game mode differences Pro vs. Premium?
Hope that makes sense...

(game modes I believe are much the same)
** I believe they are similar .
** Game differences are ... (for example)
Prem: Slimer moves left & right making him harder to hit. Yet, when not in play he's 100% out of your way.
Prem: Has a subway: Ball-locks are in the subway. Not sure if Pro has any way at all to lock 2 balls.
Ecto goggles interact with slimer - slimer can appear in the goggles
Ecto goggles interact with Scolari Bros. The boys can appear in the Goggles as well.
Prem: contains 2 completely independent ramps while pro has "1" 2way loop ramp.

#17588 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Play them both and you decide. I bought a premium cause I wanted the different Slimer and magna slings. I have not regretted it.

Me too! Yup I bought a Premium with zero regrets. The Premium perks (upgrades) are well worth the cost for me.
Here's a list that sold me.
The playfield rails instead of posts
2 separate ramps.
Subway
Mag slings
Ecto goggles
metal ramps
3D models

Things I really like I did not expect.
metal around scoops
slimer is more fun /challenging.

#17604 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It sometimes gets lost. Usually it resets between balls if you give it time. Sometimes you have to start a new game to get it back to the left where it belongs. It shouldn't be doing this very often, though. Maybe once every few games. If it's doing it more, there's some other issue.

I suggest doing the slimer alignment. If you machine goes into ball search, this can happen in 1.11. (in 1.05, Slimer would swing full left & right), but always park over the city where he belongs. In 1.11, he gets lost in a ball search but my slimer always comes home to roost in city after a new ball is loaded into the shooter lane.

#17606 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

When you do a switch test on slimmer should it register a straight on hit or mostly side to side?

When properly adjusted any solid hit (front/side or even back). If you tap him that may not register.
If needed, adjust the plates within the slimer mech so he easily registers in switch test.

#17616 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Can someone post a photo showing where the starting point is to remove this so I can get to the plates mentioned above? I've only removed the arm to raise it so far.

** Slide parts shown back or forward to control where slimer's cable rests with respect to part 2 (actuator plate)
slimer mech2 (resized).jpgslimer mech2 (resized).jpg

#17621 7 years ago

NEW! -- My MezelMods package came Saturday so I whipped up a quick video for everyone for the Firehouse.

Unboxing , review and install of the MezelMods Firehouse.

#17630 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Thanks! I'm a little slow.

There should be a table of acronym definitions for this game. If you have not seen the movie a ton of times, some of these can be really hard to figure out.

WCWSWKIA

2 weeks later
#17672 7 years ago

Thumbs Up on these 2 Ghostbusters items from Pinside Members.
Terror Dogs from Meph
Out-lane Guards from OldPinGuy.

* The Dogs look great and fit nicely above Gozer. Color looks just like the movie and the size is perfect.

* Art's Outlane Guard is easy to install, polished edge, and has a nice invisible appearance. The holes line up with no issues.
dogs2B (resized).jpgdogs2B (resized).jpg
outlanes-art (resized).jpgoutlanes-art (resized).jpg

#17675 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Thanks Chuck, i'm glad you like the dogs. They do look great there.

A cool thing about this location is the varied light show that lights them & strobes them at different times in the game.
The location works nice also for being in your field of view while playing yet not at all in the way or covering any art work.

#17686 7 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

Any chance you're going to make some for Pros?

Cutting Plexi should be easier with a decent little band/scroll saw. (like this)
scroll-band-saw0 (resized).jpgscroll-band-saw0 (resized).jpg
scroll-band-saw1 (resized).jpgscroll-band-saw1 (resized).jpg

#17700 7 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Hey Chuck when you install the sling protectors aren't you supposed to take those ugly washers out??

I suspect your referring to the large washers.
I thought about it but it all fit fine and I figured it can only help add protection.
If anyone wants to remove the big washers , you can be replaced with #8 washers.

#17713 7 years ago

Ghostbusters is fast and furious but even the most casual of players can enjoy GB.
My 14 year-old daughter plays & loves this game and its the 1st pinball machine she's ever touched.

Tips to make the game more new-player-friendly.
Open the coin door and get into settings.
Increase the number of balls under general settings
Increase the ball save time
Set on Easy if desired.
After you get used to the machine and get better at it, you can put the settings back to normal.

* EASY mode does things like "Start the game with only one hit on the ghost target to bring down Slimer."
* Level the machine both Left & Right and of course front to back . Keep the bubble in the middle or high within the level-lines.
* Install the latest code update 1.12 . Allows you to continue ladders and modes on the next ball. (no starting over)

Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I just received my GB Premium last night.

#17716 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Another possible solution is one of those remote control outlet plugs like this: amazon.com link »
I have some for lamps and old radios and they work great. Just leave the pin switch in the on position and use the remote.

Yup. I use these on my video arcade machines. The GB power switch is no issue for me since I can easily reach it, but for people with packed in tight machines, I can see it would be troublesome. For operators I would think the new location of the switch would keep customer hands off of it.

#17719 7 years ago

So I have a new question (hoping for a little wisdom)
I'm in a pattern where (pretty much every time) I reach the Super Loopin at the same exact moment the multiball starts.
Slimer comes down, the Brothers pop-up and well yeah... I can hit that ramp all day long but I can only pull off 1 or 2 with everybody in my way. -- Does anyone have a favorite technique for reaching the super loopin without being in multiball? Or do you like shooting the super loopin while in multiball? I suppose having 6 balls might be good for the super loopin if you can hit the ramp.

#17732 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

My Premium 11/16 build came that way from factory.

My Sept 2016 Premium has wrap around decal.
corner prem sept 2016 b (resized).jpgcorner prem sept 2016 b (resized).jpg

#17735 7 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Guess it's luck of the draw. I'm ordering a premium for an upcoming local show. What bolt on additions should I order to make it play nice and keep it protected? Bling comes later

Protection. ..
Airball deflector from Art oldpinguy
Drain hole cliffy
Shooter lane 3 part cliffy
For heavy play I'd have all of these.
Order now from cliffy as it takes a while to get made and shipped.
If you can afford it, just order the full GB cliffy kit.

#17752 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Or you could just play it safe and spend 25 bucks and buy some sling and lane guide protectors from Art. That would be the logical thing to do.

Art's lane guards are perfect. Protects your plastics, stops lane jumps.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1043-arts-arcade/00489-ghostbusters-lane-and-sling-guard-25-only-the-best-

1 month later
#17829 7 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I agree 100%, I have the flashers turned down to the low setting and they are still way too bright, it really blinds me during the multiball

One way to deal with the bright flashers is turn some lights on in the room. Its really about the harsh change in light.

(option 2) Some people have put a filter such as green electrical tape under the playfield / over the flasher to reduce the intensity.

#17830 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Ah thank you. I found it. I search pinball life and Marco, but couldn't find that part for sale. Looks like something a hardware store might have but Do you have a link to someone that has it in the US?
Thanks again for your help.

Pinball-Life has them. Its a 6-32 hex spacer (various lengths)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=358

or search hex 6-32 in the pinballlife.com page.

#17832 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Anyone have a source for GB "Free Play" cards? - not the "rules" card.

This is the one I like & use...

GBLE-SLIME CARD (resized).jpgGBLE-SLIME CARD (resized).jpg
GBLE INST CARD (resized).jpgGBLE INST CARD (resized).jpg

#17837 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where do you get those cards Chuck? They look great!

A great pinsider shared this card quite some time back. cannot recall who. It was posted direct to Pinside.

#17838 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where do you get those cards Chuck? They look great!

This site does not have the card I posted, but it does have several card options for GB.
http://www.pinballcards.com/

#17858 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hey Chuck, how does one print these? Is there a special file? I tried doing special cards years ago and they were way too large and had to cut off a lot to make it fit, which didn't look good.
Also, do you use photo paper?
Thx

You use a 4x6 photo card and print with no scaling. Then trim to fit. Very easy.

#17859 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hey Chuck, how does one print these? Is there a special file? I tried doing special cards years ago and they were way too large and had to cut off a lot to make it fit, which didn't look good.
Also, do you use photo paper?
Thx

As I recall , I used windows print set to 2 4x6 photos no scaling, print both on a 8x11 phot sheet.

#17860 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks Jady! Love to help, and may add a hex post inventory, especially if it reaches the guys at half price and under $5
shipping....Ill look into it further, I was messing with it to help a fellow pinhead here who needed income with a growing family, and only 6 pc minimum for me to buy and to still sell cheap!
I already added at home Nickel and brass acorn nuts.....would anyone use Brass Hex Posts, with Brass Nuts?

1/4 inch thick envelope is for USA addresses only
3/4 inch for international.
Plus if you use Paypal it looks like you can get a price break on shipping for 1st class International Envelope

#17863 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hi Chuck,
A 4 oz Puff Pad to Australia runs about $5 in total postage and materials, and an average total of 15 minutes to process.
Many vendors, myself as well, would be charging $8-$12 for this.
The Cost jumps dramatically at 6oz, if memory serves. Any product variation requires different output, and customs codes, so for vendors that sell a bulb, rubber, and a board, it can add much time to the process, and $20 starting makes
perfect sense for cost and time.

Hi Art, What is the ship method you are using in this example? It must be something I've never used.
Also.. Are you able to purchase this ship method online via USPS.com?
I use 1st class international as my cheapest method with a free tracking option & can be purchased online.

I suspect this is what you are using--
Online purchase Click-N-Ship® - not available
First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope**
Max. length 15", height 12" or thickness 3/4"
$5.10 postage: not including ship materials and time.

#17866 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im using Paypal shipping.
In some ways, its easier and cheaper.
An example. I sell the plastic on Ebay International, Even without their cross shipping,
purchasing shipping from the Ebay shipping screen is more than through Paypal.
Its less than $5.10, by almost a buck.

Interesting.. Are you using that new paypal ship method (1st class international envelope)??
I've seen it but the price was so cheap I was nervous about trying it.

#17867 7 years ago

Hey Everyone ! Has anyone noticed the right ramp adds so much spin on the ball that it will actually lands on the play-field and then spin it to the outer drain lane? This has been happening a lot for me. Any tweaks to stop this?

#17871 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Yes, I've noticed this! I tweaked the ramp positioning slightly (not much give, but figure every bit helps) to drop the ball as low/right as possible, but the big difference for me all around was increasing playfield to about 7.1 degrees or so. I haven't seen that happen since -- it will occasionally roll to the middle lane. The increase not only helped this problem, but helped with airballs and balls staying in the pops too long.

Thanks bhwolf ! I'll revisit by ramp position.
Has any one tried to bend the bolt-down part of the ramp over the lane to angle the ball drop inward/downward more.
Not sure how 'bendable' this part is without damaging the silver coating or breaking it.

2 weeks later
#17893 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, they can be adjusted, but even then the Red Tremor is more like a jackhammer than a pleasant rolling vibration. A machine I got had one - I hate it. I would never buy one. Get the Stern one or one from Pinball life. You'll be much happier.

I have the Stern Shaker and I felt I had to adjust it to 50% . It was just too darn shaky at 100% , but at 50% , its perfect for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chucksmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=chucksmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.